User Tag List

Page 363 of 373 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,150 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s winning and it’ll be down to don Cena ala Austin when mankind win his title

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    The number one rule in wrestling is that if a babyface is going to win the title he will say it in no uncertain terms (“I will win” / “I promise you [the fans] that I will be champion”). They never say it and then lose. Cody never said it last year and I don’t think he has up to now. I’m waiting for it and until he does I’m not 100% convinced he will win the title.
    He done said the thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they keep getting my hopes up with Chad Gable

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn vs Gunther will be tremendous. And as it stands I've no idea who's winning it. Gunther is either holding the IC until Germany or winning a world title there, right?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn hasn’t been built up enough to be champion.

Also a six team ladder match for the tag titles. What a fucking non entity.

Also also Drew is awesome again but is he really the heel in this? He comes out spitting truths, meanwhile his opponent comes out in OTT costumes sucking himself off and slagging off the rest of the roster. Drew wins or we riot.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Candice LeRae taking major HEAT on Twitter for this:

Don't get why people are SEETHING but Maxxine really should have slapped her rather than just leave crying.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very obviously a work using the house show incident to get some fans behind Maxxine.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She’s more boring than her husband.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her brother isn't dead, he just changed his name.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a joke.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point it really should just be The Rick v Cody Rhodes. Reigns is just an afterthought. He does nothing

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hollywood theme made a comeback last night.

His theme is slowly changing every week. Hopefully the final one at Mania is full on Hollywood theme with an actual helicopter.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rare Kate Middleton reference on Smackdown last night as Barrett says "Pretty Deadly are the official tag team of Buckingham Palace and are so pretty they don't need to edit their instagram pictures"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Everest for Darby Allin. He's broken his foot jumping off something at someone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked, he takes such good care of himself.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He gets enough practice. And I didn't like The Rock last night. Maybe it's a Memphis thing but he was face as fuck.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was leaning a bit face early in the promo but I think that was to set the fans up for when he then started being a shitbag toward the end.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's so iconic that the crowd will turn him babyface again very soon. I think they're going the route of having Roman do the sympathetic babyface turn and Rick as the massive ego heel but the crowd won't allow so they'll have to pivot (again).

It's exactly like when Hogan came back in 2002. There's not enough shenanigans in the world to get a WWE crowd to boo him for any sustained period.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’d get booed at your mark cities but not places like Memphis. He should have just talked shit about Memphis like he did with Sacramento.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the whole thing ends with Roman fucking him up after losing to Cody to set up their match for next year or Saudi Arabia or whatever it is, then Cody saves him and they share some tequila and energy drink before pointing to the big Moana 2 sign.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd book that there's infighting during the match about who gets to make the pin, eventually leading to Rick pinning Rollins. Then on night 2, Rick declares it a no DQ match or something similar, but we get all of Codys allies coming to help. Eventually it leaves just Rick and Roman and Cody in the ring. Rick eventually goes too far for Roman, who spears him and throws him out, but this allows Cody to hit his terrible finisher(or 4 on the run).

From there you get Rick v Roman at SummerSlam.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Roman really work a few months later after working on two consecutive nights?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'd book that there's infighting during the match about who gets to make the pin, eventually leading to Rick pinning Rollins. Then on night 2, Rick declares it a no DQ match or something similar, but we get all of Codys allies coming to help. Eventually it leaves just Rick and Roman and Cody in the ring. Rick eventually goes too far for Roman, who spears him and throws him out, but this allows Cody to hit his terrible finisher(or 4 on the run).

From there you get Rick v Roman at SummerSlam.
    Seems a likely road to go down but overbooking the shit out of the main event on Night 2 could massively degrade Cody's win. In my opinion.

Your top babyface needs to win CLEAN when he finally conquers all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick flubbing his lines when they're literally written in front of him for this one was entertaining.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying Rick is the guy to let loose on it (Punk), but I hope now Vince is gone they allow certain guys to regain the art of totally ad libbing promos. There definitely seems a bit more leeway already, but the overproduction is still glaring. It’ll probably never happen though and Punk is about as close as we’ll ever get.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick flubbing his lines when they're literally written in front of him for this one was entertaining.
    He's done a lot of that and talking in circles while he remembers what he's doing but when it works it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Seems a likely road to go down but overbooking the shit out of the main event on Night 2 could massively degrade Cody's win. In my opinion.

Your top babyface needs to win CLEAN when he finally conquers all.
    Fully agree, and I think what they'll do is actually have all the shenanigans happen 5 or so minutes before the finish. Whether it's Cody's Avengers or whatever I think we'll see Reigns left all on his own with Cody and then they'll have Cody ultimately win clean as a whistle. Assuming he wins....

Meant to say regarding Smackdown that I'm really enjoying Aldis as Smackdown GM. He was a lot of fun with Paul last night.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That KO stunner into RKO spot from Austin Theory should have been booed out of the building.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think Cody can have any interference on his behalf. Heel interference is fair enough but when a babyface is getting it, whatever the circumstances, it makes them look weak.

Classic example, Mankind’s first title win. Yes it was a great moment but the pop was more for Austin screwing Vince than Mick Foley who never gained anything more long term because he was the babyface who needed a shit load of help to get over the line. Tony Schiavone had a point when he lolled it off live on air, he just massively misjudged the room at the time, in that Austin was still the guy so nice moments for others like Mankind could be afforded. Cody however, will be expected to carry WWE post-Mania, so you’ve got to have him overcome the odds on his own.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To that point Ben I wouldn't have any of Cody's mates lay a hand on Roman. Or get into the ring. Just storm ringside and deal with the Bloodline when they start looking to intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    That KO stunner into RKO spot from Austin Theory should have been booed out of the building.
    Yeah it looked really dumb.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He obviously botched it but Theory is definitely in the top 1% for selling. Just make him face ffs

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately for Theory, he is getting to that role of comedy character which in WWE, there's just no escaping. I can't recall any talent falling into a comedy character gimmick and then every getting back to the top in a serious way. Look at Chad Gable. No matter how good he is, they just will not pull the trigger. I'm sure he'll be shooshing people or being released in a few months time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately for Theory, he is getting to that role of comedy character which in WWE, there's just no escaping. I can't recall any talent falling into a comedy character gimmick and then every getting back to the top in a serious way. Look at Chad Gable. No matter how good he is, they just will not pull the trigger. I'm sure he'll be shooshing people or being released in a few months time.
    Drew with 3MB?

I don't know if it was comedy enough as I wasn't watching back then.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean him being the definition of mediocre at everything is probably the bigger issue than his booking.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plain wrong yet again.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say bad. He just does absolutely nothing higher than okay. He's boring.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s barely even 25. He’ll be fine

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A seperate complaint that I noticed on Smackdown but AEW is probably worse on.

When did Wrestler Themes become so bad. Like I can not tell a single person apart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the case under Vince, I'd say it's at least TBC for HHH and he clearly likes Theory.

There's definitely something there with Theory but I'm not sure he's had a properly good main roster match against anybody who wasn't just obviously better and more experienced than him.

The Cena match was a real indictment of where he's at though and it didn't help that because Cena knew he was losing he was desperate to bury him at every turn before the match itself rather than doing anything to try and help him out.

I've no idea what his ceiling is. It's probably lower than whatever Vince thought it was but there's still plenty of time to salvage his current predicament. Doesn't help pairing him with Waller, who's basically the Aw Mate Miz.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    A seperate complaint that I noticed on Smackdown but AEW is probably worse on.

When did Wrestler Themes become so bad. Like I can not tell a single person apart.
    No idea about AEW but WWE falling out with CFO$ seemed to kill themes.

They weren't always good under CFO$ but at least they seemed to have something about each theme and they were distinct.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CFOdollar weren't consistently good but they had some bangers.

Their Asuka theme is an all-timer.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s just a lack of creativity. Years ago they’d just licence a known song, or have someone like Jim Johnston tailor a theme towards the gimmick.

Nowadays you’ve just got nerds churning out loads of shit in advance then they slap the first one out of the box on whichever wrestler needs a new theme.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon it will all be AI generated.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will potentially improve things. TKO have been improving a lot of things already so hopefully that results in a bit more creativity or willingness to licence actual songs.

AEW’s generic themes are the worst but at least Tony is a mark for getting some good music now and again if he liked a wrestler on the indies years ago (Roddy’s End of Heartache ).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legally distinct WCW themes should make a comeback.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to praise Tony for paying up on good themes, but then I heard Sasha Banks music.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you mean Mercedes Money. Or Candice Cash. Or Wendy Wonga.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on, when did Owens find his way into the US title match? Did Randy just say he’s not jobbing to that annoying cunt?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan Paul has been feuding with them both simultaneously so it was always going to happen

If you believe the Twitter people, they claim Orton requested to work with Paul so you’d assume jobbing wouldn’t be an issue. It’s a shame it’s been made into a triple threat as they’re rarely good. Be an interesting dynamic with two faces though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was kind of my point but I wanted to put a different spin on it rather than just bitching about triple threats again.