0 Thread(s)
    Does a grand job there.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he doesn’t.

Absolutely zero storylines ever make sense. Stumbling into occasional good matches and promos isn’t because of his brilliant creative mind. Collision instantly made more sense because he deferred a lot of wrestling booking logic to people with experience in the wrestling industry. Tony’s Dynamite booking is basically spam wins with his favourite wrestler (Orange) interspersed with random matches to strive for “bangers” to impress Dave and get all the stars.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiple sources have confirmed to me details about an incident that took place between CM Punk and William Regal, which took place when Regal made his AEW debut. In the altercation between the two men, Punk refused to shake Regal’s hand, and would then get in the legends face, telling him that he did not like him, he did not trust him and that Regal was a “stooge for Triple H.”
    Who picks on William Regal? You've gone too far this time

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would multiple dirtsheet guys now come out and say they knew about it at the time but never reported on it? Seems the type of thing to get clicks.

I'm not doubting Punk was an arse backstage but I reckon we're going to hear a lot of convenient stuff now because Punk is so far gone that they can report anything they want and the only person that is going to refute it is Punk himself and nobody will believe him.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why no-one will believe the whining, moany prick with anger management issues.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Why would multiple dirtsheet guys now come out and say they knew about it at the time but never reported on it? Seems the type of thing to get clicks.

I'm not doubting Punk was an arse backstage but I reckon we're going to hear a lot of convenient stuff now because Punk is so far gone that they can report anything they want and the only person that is going to refute it is Punk himself and nobody will believe him.
    So just listen to any with a record you trust.

The likes of Meltzer and SRS would get clicks at this point if the headline was CM PUNK REPORTEDLY OKAY DUDE, ACTUALLY.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Punk on TV so would be intrigued to see him in WWE again, plus you've got the will he won't he aspect of him being murdered by one of the proper fighters there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So just listen to any with a record you trust.

The likes of Meltzer and SRS would get clicks at this point if the headline was CM PUNK REPORTEDLY OKAY DUDE, ACTUALLY.
    Meltzer is just a shill at this point. The older Observers are absolutely tremendous, particularly the obituaries, but Twitter was the beginning of the end for him (not just because it gave birth to many more info sources, but the fact he acts like a child on it) and since AEW started up he just reports whatever Jericho or The Bucks want him to, so his track record means fuck all now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. And all round a weird dude so if he's not even credible then lol at that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard in the latest Observer he gives Tony's video *******1/2 which beats Donald Trump Jr's previous record for wide eyed lack of sleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guaranteed he will hand out at least two 5 stars for matches at All Out. Bear in mind 5 stars means the “perfect match”.

Kurt Angle never had a 5 star match.

Jericho has two 5 star matches. But none of those were before he turned 50.

The Bucks have 11.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, Ben would be happier if all wrestling was just reruns of 1992 Nitros. Some people like Dynamite. Several hundred thousand people per week for multiple years. I dont understand this need to shit on it like people who liked AEW before Punk showed up DONT UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1993 > 1992.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't hold a candle to some X-Division flippy shit. TNA! TNA!

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Can't hold a candle to some X-Division flippy shit. TNA! TNA!
    OSW is fun and I like the lads, but I think they genuinely believe that. Terrible taste, and not just in wrestling. I know stuff you liked when you were 15 or whatever is objectively the best stuff ever, but thinking Creed are the greatest band of all time and that random X division matches from the early 2010s are the pinnacle of sports entertainment is stuff that really needed to have been bullied out of them at some point. Grey waistcoat with colourful t shirts and baggy jeans is even worse.

Sorry, bit of a change of subject, but I needed to vent somewhere.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    OSW is fun and I like the lads, but I think they genuinely believe that. Terrible taste, and not just in wrestling. I know stuff you liked when you were 15 or whatever is objectively the best stuff ever, but thinking Creed are the greatest band of all time and that random X division matches from the early 2010s are the pinnacle of sports entertainment is stuff that really needed to have been bullied out of them at some point. Grey waistcoat with colourful t shirts and baggy jeans is even worse.

Sorry, bit of a change of subject, but I needed to vent somewhere.
    The AEW hardcore are in the same vein as this. There's loads of nonsensical shit week in, week out. If you genuinely like that then fair enough but you can guarantee if it was WWE churning out some of this head scratching crap then they'd be stepping over themselves on their way to Twitter to deride it, but because it's from the brain of Tony Khan (who they think is their mate because he hangs around Reddit and e-Fed forums too) then it's passed off as "fun" and "quirky" and anyone who dares to say otherwise is a toxic Punk sympathiser.

Anyway, on the topic of the X-Division, the best thing about that was Kevin Nash.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last two/three mins of Gunther/Gable were great. Huge fan of Gunther just hitting three mega moves instead of a standard finisher move

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Last two/three mins of Gunther/Gable were great. Huge fan of Gunther just hitting three mega moves instead of a standard finisher move
    He's fucking great. Psychology is a dying art but in the current environment he's a master. Uses a second finisher to see off a jobber but makes Gable look a star in defeat because he had to wheel out all the big guns. There's a lot more legs in this little series between them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the match overall was scuppered by multiple ad breaks but the closing stretch was tremendous.

And as you guys have said I love that he doesn't have one finisher. Powerbomb, lariat, sleeper, splash, big boot are all ways I've seen him win. That time he just beat Ciampa with an enormous chop too. He's fucking great. Does he even have a move that he does which is specifically named for him? Not sure whether such an emphatic victory sees the end of Gable's chances for now but I'd still like to see them get their big PPV match.

One other note from Raw is that while the promo was so-so the crowd were super into Jey at the start and fucking loved his hug with Sami.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Out was good.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah the match overall was scuppered by multiple ad breaks but the closing stretch was tremendous.

And as you guys have said I love that he doesn't have one finisher. Powerbomb, lariat, sleeper, splash, big boot are all ways I've seen him win. That time he just beat Ciampa with an enormous chop too. He's fucking great. Does he even have a move that he does which is specifically named for him? Not sure whether such an emphatic victory sees the end of Gable's chances for now but I'd still like to see them get their big PPV match.

One other note from Raw is that while the promo was so-so the crowd were super into Jey at the start and fucking loved his hug with Sami.
    Think Gable will beat Gunther at next PPV. No point in Gunther keeping ahold of it now. Imagine Gunther tries to move on from Gable but the latter keeps bugging him to the point he accepts another match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be ideal. I think the fans would definitely go another.

Also in checking to see what the next show is (It's Fastlane in a month) I see No Mercy is now an NXT PPV and features the "NXT Global Heritage Invitational", which from the look of it is a sort of knockoff G1? I think? Might have to actually tune into whichever episode of NXT is getting a Butch (ugh) / Bate match out of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    All Out was good.
    How long does it run? I saw every match apart from Joe got 20 minutes so I don't know how I'm going to fit it in.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does it run? I saw every match apart from Joe got 20 minutes so I don't know how I'm going to fit it in.
    3 hour 40 I think.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, might have to cherry pick a few then. Excited for the strap match at least.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steamboat on comms.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that’s Bron Breakker off TV for a while. Sad.

Unless ive missed something and it’s a work lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I'm missing something also, why wouldn't it be a work?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just based on the photos from the crowd. Looked like legit blood on the steel steps.

I don’t get why they would not show it either unless it went wrong

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the cut to black at the perfect time makes it look serious but also shows how planned it was, if it was an accident they would either have caught it live or edited it out of a pre-tape

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is on USA Network so it's PG-rated. They can't show stuff like that. Every now and again they'll run an angle like this to allow for some ambiguity in interpretation and generate some buzz. It works great (like this) if done sparingly because the audience is used to half-arsed hardcore shit that looks hokey.

I'd say it's a work and used as a tool for one or both of them to be written off before debuting on the main roster.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that’s fair. I just woke up and scrolled through Twitter and seen folk losing their minds and then seen the photos of blood on the steps and then stretcher and assumed something went wrong.

I guess the blackout is a little too suspect. Just presumed there was a slight delay which allowed them to have time to realise it went wrong

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well WWE now have a video up entitled BRON BREAKKER FORCES NXT TO CUT TO BLACK so that's that, but yeah done sparingly that sort of thing can work.

Von fucking Wagner still knocking about.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't realise Robbie E was his manager. Loads of that post-Hogan TNA crew still kicking about.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to go all Cornette but Becky going for the NXT title feels like relegating yourself because you fancy a run at the Papa John's Trophy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's to put over this new girl then it's a no-lose situation. New Girl is apparently brilliant considering she started about three weeks ago.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's to put over this new girl then it's a no-lose situation. New Girl is apparently brilliant considering she started about three weeks ago.
    A year ago and she's held the title for 3 months now.

Edit: Actually she had her debut almost 2 years ago now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's got a cracking moonsault:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got round to watching Payback.

Lynch/Stratus: I have not been interested in their feud at all but this was really good. The super super-plex looked great.

LA Knight/Miz with Ref John: Alright but nothing special. It was what it needed to be though with LA Knight getting a win and looking good. I was hoping he'd move on to Intercontinental/US title but it looks like he'll be feuding with Cena, ugh.

Rey/Austin Theory sponsored by CINAMMON TOAST CRUNCH: Decent enough match but it felt more like a Smackdown match, bar the sponsorship.

Judgement Day/Sami & KO: Finn disrespecting the Steelers shitty towel Easily the highlight of the match for me. Rhea putting KO through the barricade What a fucking woman, she can be my Mami. Really, really fun match and I'm glad they put the tag titles on Judgement Day, heel faction using EVERYONE at their disposal to grab the win is correct.

Grayson Waller Effect: Great to see Main Event Jey back and I love that both he and Jimmy now have their own new themes.

Mami/Raquel: Pretty meh and too long. Really wanted a fast paced HOSS fight which these two can do. This was really lacking, especially for a match that is meant to have a lot of emotion in it.

Rollins/Nakamura: I wasn't a fan. Was far too long and with all Nakamura's BIG fights you know there's no chance he's winning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's cracked the moonsault in no time while Lita's been doing them for 25 years and still looks like she might cave someone's face in with her knees every time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    A year ago and she's held the title for 3 months now.

Edit: Actually she had her debut almost 2 years ago now.
    Just looked her up and she wrestles about twice per month. 54 matches since November 2021. So that's about two months worth of experience for someone like Shawn Michaels breaking in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just starting on RAW and Jey is super fucking over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WALTER/Gable

Stunning match, just a shame it was on RAW so we had loads of ad breaks.

The sleeper suplex was fucking nasty.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This current Bloodline stuff is the most transparently they've played for time with it so far, and that's not without competition. Yet to be won over by whatever the Jimmy stuff is meant to achieve.

Similarly, poor old LA Knight. Miz and Theory are a couple of proper lame ducks for him to be involved with and I'm yet to be convinced by Waller either. Similar to theory I think he's a talented dude being hurt by some incredibly generic booking, though Waller is at least attempting some proper character work. Even if that character is Every Snarky Chickenshit WWE Heel.

On the flipside, the crowd were great for that JD promo when they kept trying to drown Dom out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd drowning out Dom with boos

Stunning.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he ever got good at wrestling, he'd be ruined.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riddle wont be at RAW tonight due to this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pot man got a pat down at an airport? What a seemingly regular occurrence.