User Tag List

Page 331 of 373 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,550 of 18635

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume wherever it is on the card it'll be 10-12 at breakneck speed.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope we don’t see a Priest cash in. Let the Judgement Day takeover as the big dogs. Title might feel a bit more prestigious on them - it kind of feels like a mid card title with Reigns still carrying about 12 to the ring.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pretty much agree with Waff’s rundown apart from I think Ronda will lose because as noted by Ian, she’s meant to be leaving.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summerslam is tonight? Fucking get in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I pretty much agree with Waff’s rundown apart from I think Ronda will lose because as noted by Ian, she’s meant to be leaving.
    The one thing that makes me think Ronda might win is because it's MMA RULES. Would she want to put someone else over in that situation? Even if they are a friend and really talented at MMA. Although not as talented as Ronda.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big rumours Ronda is off to UFC. If so, not a chance she loses tonight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance she'd go back to the UFC.

She's nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title. She'd get minced by anyone with semi-decent stand up.

She's lucky Nunes has retired though

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan is so good at this.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t believe they let Balor lose again.

And don’t get me started on Reigns winning again because someone else turns on Jey. The story is boring as fuck now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching it now.

Logan Paul/Ricochet was so good, perfect way to open it.

That springboard frog splash from Logan was nutty.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna put this in a spoiler because it turned out to be a wall.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck I had low expectations for the MMA RULES match but it was so much worse than I thought it could be.

Fucking horrendous.

lol at the medical team coming in, the punches with fuck all power, the ref telling Ronda to WAIT after she almost "knocked" Shayna out with a knee. So fucking bad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan v Ricochet - Logan is far better at this than he has a right to be. Perfect heel victory too.

Cody v Brock - Either he's been paid enough not to care or Brock likes Cody. Most of this match was standard Brock fare. You have to work to his schedule these days and it was okay. A few too many times throwing him out of the ring for a rest though. Surprised Brock was up for the Kimura being used on him and the surprising after match hug suggests the feud is over. Given the result later in the night I'm not sure where both men go from here though.

Slim Jim Match - About the best they could do for a 'big' LA Knight win given everyone else was tied up. I'd have him in a programme with Gunther next. Get him to the record and take the title off him.

MMA Rules - Nobody looked good here. I hope that's Ronda done, if not for good at least a while. If you can't use her right, don't do it at all.

Gunther v Drew - Good stuff as expected. Gunther showing his 'prowess' by jumping on a mistake and hitting Drew with everything he had to finish it was good.

Rollins v Balor - Oh boy did they get this ending wrong. The psychology of it makes no sense. Okay sure the stomp onto the briefcase is a nice way to finish the match, but you have then a fresh Damien Priest stood just blank staring at a beaten up Rollins, with Rhea, Dom and Balor all still there and you allow Seth to just slide out of the ring and walk off?
    I fear we're going to get Priest v Balor before anyone takes that title off Seth, which is all the wrong way to go about it.

Womens Triple Threat - I do not feel like Bianca is as good a worker as the other two and feel it showed. Decent spots here but no real chemistry. I feel like if you're going to make Asuka the background character to the other two squabbling, you should at least have her win as the other two implode. Though given what came after the match I don't think it matters too much who won.

TRIBAL COMBAT - Oh boy did they get this ending wrong. Way too long but it is what it is with BLOODLINE drama. Got the expected Solo hesitation and loyalty wavering I was expecting to see, but then what the fuck is that. I'm assuming Jimmy is pissed that Jey appears to be after the title, rather than caring about him. Though if he now slots back in beside Roman and Solo you've lost me.
    There were rumours after Mania that Roman would hold all the way through to Mania '24 and it's starting to look likely.

Jey was never going to be the one, especially given Trips loves to have the brave hero lose in their first attempt(Cody, Drew, Sami etc) despite the time being right. I hope I'm wrong, but this does feel like when a soap has a who dunnit storyline, but keeps missing good people to pin it on because they want to drag it out, only for them to have it be Bobby Beale.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really didn't get the ending for the main event.

Why?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve not watched the Tribal Combat yet because it’ll be about 50 minutes and I’m burnt out on wrestling today.

My thoughts for Summerslam up to that point:
    - LA Knight
    - Riddle looks fucking ridiculous
    - Rollins looks fucking ridiculous
    - Balor should have won
    - Both womens matches were a car crash

Also, Collision was really good again. Proper TV.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping we’d see Orton one last time. I reckon that might be him fucked now. Been over a year already

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you believe the Twitter rumours, both he and Big E have been told not to get back in the ring again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big E in commentary it seems, which would be the next best thing.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched the Cody Rhodes documentary on Peacock, American Nightmare?

I might watch it later. It’s in 4K too, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're just watching it to see Brandi, aren't you?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. I’m 30 mins in and it’s interesting, but I’m a sucker for any wrestling documentary tbh
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wasted an hour of my life watching Tribal Combat. Why do they feel the need to make everything in this storyline an epically long match? If they cut out the unnecessary stalling (much of it from the fucking babyface) it would have been about 15 minutes. The best things were the video package and Roman's ability to work a crowd but there was no actual match here. Saw the turn coming a mile off as well when he was obviously dining out in catering while Solo destroyed Jey for 10 minutes. I almost give up before the start as it took nearly 20 minutes to get from Jey's entrance music starting to the fucking bell ringing.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, every Reigns match ever lasts an hour from the video packages to the ending and 40% of that is just ring entrances and staring.

Reigns will barely even be there the rest of the year. He’s got the easiest job in the world

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Anyone watched the Cody Rhodes documentary on Peacock, American Nightmare?

I might watch it later. It’s in 4K too, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.
    Finished this. It was excellent up until he went back to WWE and then it did that thing where they pretend wrestling is real.

What’s the deal with Cody then? This made it seem like he only joined WWE cos he’s been promised “the only belt his dad never won” but now it seems he’s fighting Brock Lesnar for no reason. Will he beat Roman Reigns at WMXL or is he not top boy anymore?

I never really knew him as Stardust and had no affiliation to him prior to AEW, but he seems alright. His AEW career seems pretty funny in hindsight. Hope he comes back one day.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll beat Reigns at Mania.

Probably.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He certainly caught fire on his return like I don't think anybody expected. He was always a solid midcarder in his first run but nothing more, then Vince being Vince turned him into Stardust which would piss off anyone who was in the business for anything other than money. So he left and toured the indies, getting himself a moniker as the "3 star general" because Dave Meltzer would rarely give his matches anything more than that and Cody had attached himself to The Elite who on the other hand Dave would throw 5 stars at for just walking to the ring. No doubt this reputation was what caused him to not catch on in AEW, because all the fans pre-Punk loved the flippy shit and anything else, especially WWE style, sucked in their eyes. He was also allowed to write his own creative by Tony Khan which as we saw, was polarising at best.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those boots are so fucking stupid but doing a big boot with a BIG BOOT is incredible.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's meant to be a fucking World Champion.

That shit belongs in the midcard. Which is where is stupid gimmick belongs tbf.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His shit Joker act is pretty mid-cardy anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, which is why they should have put the belt on Balor. So much more longevity in the Balor-Priest tension angle if they had a belt involved. Feels like they've skipped a few months by going straight to the "Priest costs Balor the title" thing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz/LA Knight segment was great.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Also, Collision was really good again. Proper TV.
    AEW don’t seem to understand to concept of Special Guest Referee.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was an enforcer, which is a role as old as time in wrestling so fuck knows why they didn't reference it as such. I agree, I was expecting him to be the referee. But it was fine for the story they wanted to tell with Starks, even though it was a little bit messy. If I'd just shelled out £25 for that on PPV though, I'd expect it to be communicated/executed better.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz feud for LA Knight.

Here comes the big push, lads.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping it's just a one and done match which would be good.

A proper feud with Miz and you know where WWE really stand with him.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but the segments and promos will be good.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz feud is a rite of passage at this point. If you're not getting one, they don't trust you

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how long Jey's worked absence lasts. Does Trips just move him to Raw like they did with Rey or will he actually be away for a bit and reappear in the story later? I wouldn't be splitting the Usos long term as I don't think either of them have a lot of mileage as a singles guy outside of the Bloodline stuff.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a meh Smackdown all told.

I quite enjoyed the Bloodline segment but maybe that's because I haven't watched SD in ages.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Zayn and Jey Uso carried the Bloodline stuff and now Jey is doing it on his own.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Jarrett vs Jeff Hardy in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre deathmatch. What.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I wonder how long Jey's worked absence lasts. Does Trips just move him to Raw like they did with Rey or will he actually be away for a bit and reappear in the story later? I wouldn't be splitting the Usos long term as I don't think either of them have a lot of mileage as a singles guy outside of the Bloodline stuff.
    Rikishi accidently posted on his social last night about being a special enforcer/ref at PAYBACK in September. This does make some sense, but it's become clear they want to drag this bloodline thing out until next Mania now, which sadly is just too long. You're about the right time here to start breaking it all up. However WWE seem to have this modern notion that big things can only happen on the biggest show(s).

But if you do get Roman to Mania, suddenly the Hulksters record is right there and I don't think you're getting another person close to it for a couple decades. They'd surely be tempted.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also watched NXT today (trying to get back into all the weekly shows) and it felt really rushed with not a huge amount sticking out.

Far too many matches squeezed into the show.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair even in NXT's peak years the week to week television was often so-so. It was the Takeovers that did all the heavy lifting with the occasional actual banger on TV.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried NXT for a couple of weeks a little while ago but I couldn’t gut it out. Back in the heyday it was full of genuinely top indie guys who just hadn’t had their break yet but now it’s just WWE Jr.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusty’s Kids.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2023/08...ritical-tweet/

When Punk first returned earlier this summer after his hiatus dating back to the prior year’s All Out media Q&A, Khan stood up backstage in the gorilla position with his headset on and started pumping his fist and chanting “C.M. Punk!” enthusiastically as Punk walked by. The feeling backstage among wrestlers not in a position of power with a big contract is to lay low when it comes to Punk because you don’t want to be on what is essentially his enemies list.
    Oh my.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Becky Lynch feud still being dragged on

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan seems like a great boss because you can get away with anything you want and he'll just hope that you're still pals.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you need to do is tolerate his hugs and you're set for life.
    I'm a twit