User Tag List

Page 326 of 373 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,300 of 18635

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it but I don't think it was anything special.

I think both of them played it up too much.

It might have been Adam Cole's best match but Gargano has been in better matches in NXT (such as the one against Andrade which was the first takeover I watched and that match doesn't get talked about enough).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gargano is very high on the most overrated list. Then I suppose you can add in the rest of that ilk.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny Gargano is the most boring milquetoast wrestler in decades.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gargano is wildly overrated, and yet better (in the ring) than Cole.

DIY were fucking mega though and anyone who things otherwise is not only objectively wrong but probably also just a bad cunt.

Ciampa > Gargano though and it's not especially close.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any particular reason Adam Cole looks so scrawny now? He was never Billy Beefcake or anything but he looked the part a lot more than he does now. Lovely hair still

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Ciampa

When he'd come out for promos and just not talk it was incredible.

The whole audience was booing the fuck out of him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Ciampa in NXT was incredible. No music, just boos.

That was a tremendous story before HHH had it disappear up its own arse.

Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Is there any particular reason Adam Cole looks so scrawny now? He was never Billy Beefcake or anything but he looked the part a lot more than he does now. Lovely hair still
    I assume he's decided his own hype is better than being in the gym ever. I'm no VKM physique horn guy but Cole genuinely just looks like a dude these days and it hurts his credibility if you're not in love with his ring work.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours are that Carlito has signed a deal with WWE

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised it took this long. His last few cameo appearances he’s looked great.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t help that Adam Cole physically has the same body as me.

Oh there’s a new page. Point has been covered
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness announcers for Collision. Nice.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nigel

Still can't believe WWE fired him, he was easily their best commentator.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Punk has already annoyed people before he's even returned again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see that he's really said anything new or controversial in the interview, it ended up being about as explosive as the end of that Omega match

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny that they're building a whole new show around this tosser who's knees will very likely capitulate the moment he tries something decent.

Thunder Rosa is on the poster so she better come back soon. Problem is there are so few decent (nevermind actually "good") women wrestlers and now they're spread across stupid brands that she's gonna fight endless jobbers and be Jade Cargill mk II, only far less sexy.

Rosa - Baker - Cargill, triple threat I quit elimination match. Would be 8 stars.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk is always going to ruffle feathers but this latest interview seems like a big work. And to be honest he’s looking more favourable every day because the Young Bucks can’t help themselves with the constant passive aggressive tweeting.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's one thing you can rely on Uncle Tony for it's splurging on a song or two, now all he needs is for people to watch. I also seem to hear Kevin Kelly on comms, never a bad sign.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current review of Collision Segment by Segment

1) CM Punk promo segment. He sucks and peoples love of him has baffled me forever.
    2) Luchasaurs v Wardlow. Burying Wardlow and putting over some old WWE midcarder who can't even wrestle. I'd accept the decision if the match wasn't boring as fuck. I did a rundown of the first 5 minutes of the match. big boot, outside scrum, body slam, 3 headlocks. Picked up after that but largely shit.
    3) Buddy Matthews v Andrade: Great match and Ben will love it for the sheer amount of#PSYCHOLOGY and #STORYTELLING when it comes to the injuries. Spooky boy dogshit at the end.
    4) Miro match: I can't believe they're still making me watch Tony Neese segments. He must have some absolute dirt on Tony Khan.
    5) Womens tag match. Couldn't pay me to care about this NWO knock off vs two green (ironically) af happy positive role models dogshit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything that’s kind on Luchasaurus. I had no idea who he was and after a google I'm probably less sure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk is one of the most compelling talkers they have, he can turn a phrase and sound like he actually means it. Other than him it's MJF, Christian, Samoa Joe if they let him and maybe one or two others at most

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve only watched the opening segment so far but I like that it has a completely different feel to Dynamite. That’s why Rampage failed, it was just Dynamite B.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve just been down a wormhole of John Cena promos and compilations. I genuinely don’t think anyone could hang with him in a mic battle even in their prime. Even less so if you weren’t in a PG era

Also forgot the amount of wild stuff he got away with back in the day with the Thugonomics schtik

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught up with SD. Popped like a 12 year old when Jey kicked Roman. Another killer Bloodline segment.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Bloodline stuff meandered for a month or so after Mania but it's hot again now. Clearly this thing has been planned out so far in advance that it's inevitable there will be filler weeks.

Speaking of things being planned out so far in advance, Collision opened with Lucha-fucking-saurus winning the TNT title from our boy Wardlow in a horrendous match. A(nother) title change just because they think they had to open a new show with one. That title should be killed at this point and Wardlow should be pulling Regal stunts to get to WWE. Otherwise it was a good show I think. Some fluffed production but I liked that Miro seems to be lined up to be served a diet of jobbers and the main event was cool, even though they could have delayed that match for a week to sell tickets.
    Last edited by Ben; 19-06-2023 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a waste with Wardlow, he was great with the MJF stuff but then they immediately put him against the lawyer nobody cares about, which follows a recurring theme of them killing momentum either by design or whatever else, the Acclaimed seem to have been relegated to the background also. All of them getting Zack Rydered

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not the biggest Acclaimed fan personally (the rapper gimmick is played out already and they're still green as fuck) but there's no denying they were over as fuck and I haven't the faintest idea what they were thinking taking the titles off them, because the argument that they had long term plans just doesn't fly in that company.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Rampage staying? I can’t be watching three shows a week. I’ve already made a decision to not bother with ROH, and it’s looking like I’ll scrap Rampage now.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage will stay because WBD want to pay for it (nutters) but it'll end up as a televised version of Dark/Elevation quickly (if it hasn't already).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Just caught up with SD. Popped like a 12 year old when Jey kicked Roman. Another killer Bloodline segment.
    Yeah it was great. They're going a bit heavy with the double twists in these segments sometimes but it doesn't really matter when it's delivered well and the crowd are there for it.

Also a minor point but in a time when people sell a superkick like it's a jab half the time I really appreciated Roman selling both Jeys kick and the doubler like he'd been hit by a bus.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bizarre how much better Reigns became when he got to tell them he wasn't just doing the superman shield succotash stuff, but makes me wonder is Seth Rollins coming up with whatever he is himself too? Maybe not everyone should have that much control.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Moxley too has shown Reigns is the one with the knack for it. Who would have said that in their first couple of years?

Apparently Danielson has a lot of input in the BCC bollocks so even the great wrestlers aren't always cut out for it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't often have opportunity to Told You So my previous fantasy booking things but I was saying years ago Reigns would be an excellent swaggering bully, and if anything he's even better than that with all the paranoia and mood swings and shit.

Rollins definitely needs more of an editor. Or at least just be told to stop the HEH HEEEHH HEEEEEEHHHHHH cackling. His feud with Reigns and what they did in the match, last year was really good but he's much better when he pares back the cackling.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Punk promo was good until he started giving me several Bobby Fish flashbacks. The word 'lie' is ruined for me, I know. He's enough of a cunt for any opponent to sling that back at him if they just have the nerve to string the words together.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciampa is back and Logan Paul walks into the MITB match because reasons.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing is that from a pure business perspective giving Paul the briefcase probably makes a fair bit of sense. What a dreadful thought.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole briefcase gimmick has run its course and needs to die. Unless they're putting it on LA Knight of course.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The briefcase is a heel tool/gimmick, or for a face you need it to be the plucky underdog style face. Perfect for someone like Logan Paul. Problem is you'd need a lot of fake cash in teases or it becomes either a pre announced match, which ruins it a bit, or a very obvious cash in opportunity will pop up.

LA Knight, who I still dont really get, but to each their own, seems to be a bit of a 'tweener' so it could work. I would personally have him be the one that ends Walters reign and give Damian Priest the briefcase. He really should win some gold and actually make the Judgement Day mean something beyond Ripley.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA Knight needs to smash cackling Rollins in the face with the briefcase and take that belt.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't reckon Knight is winning. Priest winning and then something (either an actua cash in or a teased one) happening around Rollins / Balor makes sense as they've already done groundwork for Priest / Balor having an issue.

Sadly Paul is possibly more likely than Knight but they may also just be setting up Paul's next quarterly appearance. And they did more stuff with him and Rick O'Shea last night so maybe they'll set up those two doing a load of flips at each other on an upcoming PPV. Wouldn't hate that as a match.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain this obsession with segment ratings in AEW. Who is not watching AEW, finding out that x or y is on the tv for 8 minutes, and then going back to not watching. Maybe 12 people?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It used to be a big thing during the Monday Night Wars. Tony lives his life by that.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching last nights Collision ahead of Forbidden Door tonight. Tanahashi seems trash. Everyone seems to be fuming that Jungle Boy is going for the big title against Sanada. Is Sanada actually good or is he a botch machine who seemingly doesn’t kick out of two-counts, like Tanahashi? If so, could they not have done Sanada vs MJF?

Really looking forward to Okada vs Danielson, and obviously Omega vs Ospreay. In fact the whole card is pretty stacked.
    Last edited by Baz; 25-06-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't do Sanada / MJF because either it's a shitty non-finish or one of them has to lose. And yes you could be forgiven for mistaking 2023 Tanahashi for a big sack of gravel with a haircut on top but it's a bit like judging the Undertaker on anything he did in the last decade of his career.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    You can't do Sanada / MJF because either it's a shitty non-finish or one of them has to lose. And yes you could be forgiven for mistaking 2023 Tanahashi for a big sack of gravel with a haircut on top but it's a bit like judging the Undertaker on anything he did in the last decade of his career.
    Ah fair enough.

Is this Naito as equally over the hill?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naito isn't quite there yet but he has thrashed himself pretty hard over his career (ie he's Japanese).

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ just seen CM Punk’s opponent has also been dug up. All the footage was from VHS, I think.

Is NJPW mostly old men?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kojima? Not the most inspiring of choices but then again I'm not sure how keen I am to watch CM Punk wrestle in 2023 either. I can't be arsed to work it out but I'd be interested to know the average age across the main promotions/rosters.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the guy.

Man I love Dax Harwood so much. Some bloke in the crowd was trolling during the 8 man tag match main event (“CM FTR” & Ricky Starks vs the ass boys, jay white and juice Robinson) shouting “go get your breather” when everyone was just standing around outside the ring cos it had gone for adverts, and Dax looked like he was gonna thump him, but then laughed at him and gave him and his mate a big hug.

Nice to hear Punk get booed the whole time he’s in the ring.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Cole no longer allowed through the forbidden door (baybay). They just pulled him from the show.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So nobody wanna talk about Forbidden Door?

Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay was everything we hoped for and more. Now we just need the rubber match to be booked for All In so that on Sunday night I get to stay up late, and watch Kenny Omega while I masturbate.
    I'm a twit