User Tag List

Page 323 of 373 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,150 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They absolutely love the "rolls through a submission to pin" finish and overdo it so much it's just ruined it altogether. Samoa Joe must have lost about 400 matches that way during his WWE stint.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t want to be dramatic but that crowd popped louder at times than Stone Cold in his prime lol

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main event was a bit pants.

Seemed to be getting going and then they go with the bullshit submission into pin finisher. I wonder if they called it early because Lesnar's forehead was PISSING blood.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE.com revealed the wrestlers, with six each from Raw and SmackDown:

Raw: Cody Rhodes, Damian Priest, Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura, and The Miz
    SmackDown: AJ Styles, Austin Theory, Bobby Lashley, Edge, Rey Mysterio, and Sheamus

On Raw, there will be two triple threat matches, with the winner of each battling later in the night to determine the winner of that bracket. The same process will repeat itself on SmackDown. The winners of those two brackets will face each other at Night of Champions for the World Heavyweight Championship.
    I was sort of hoping they'd do a proper tournament. And Austin Theory, Miz, Edge and (if he's there just to be fodder for somebody) Nakamura shouldn't be in there.

Would have been nice to have a longer tournament because that could have allowed some proper wildcards to make a run deep into it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also strange that they're including SD wrestlers despite just having a draft and this now being a RAW title.

What happens if AJ Styles (I didn't realise he was back) or any other SD wrestlers win? Do they move to RAW?

Although it's surely Cody winning anyway.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cody wins this one and they deem that to be him finishing the story then that's fucking horseshit. Though the end of his match on Saturday had the whiff of "we're gonna spin this feud out longer" so I'm not ruling out Bork costing him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple threat allows Cody to not win while not eating the pin. Them literally creating a new title for him so their guy doesn't have to lose to him would be bollocks but that sounds a lot like Vince.

Unless Theory loses the title very soon there's only really AJ and Bobby that make sense on Smackdown, while Rollins seems a shoe in for the Raw one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The double double triple threat. Triple H Special.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given we're definitely getting more Mysterio vs. Dom somewhere down the line I'd be inclined to have Balor beat Mysterio for the title. Judgement Day are quite popular, a title would do Balor good as well as the stable for having it (and a womens champ), can have the gang help cost Mysterio to keep that ticking over.

I still rate Rollins more than most but he's far too obvious (quite aside from not really wanting his cackling goon character being the focal point of the show) and as discussed it absolutely shouldn't be Cody.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judgement Day are properly class. They have everything in the group. They definitely should put a title on Balor or Priest - most likely the latter though as it feels like Balor and Priest have switched roles

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Priest needs a title more than Balor does. They'd done enough now to tell us Balor is no longer a top guy in their eyes. Priest looks more the type they like and hasn't had his chance yet.

Rhea is the top woman and Dom plays the shithouse heel so well you can't change him yet. Though he should have beaten Rey.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Judgement Day (at least the men) is that they've lost too many important matches, especially Balor.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Priest deserves more I agree and a title can certainly elevate him but at the same time, with it being a new title, you’ve got to establish its prestige versus Roman’s title. Putting it on Balor or Priest would immediately earmark it as the secondary belt.

But then again only Cody can establish it as top level and it’s already been noted how that would be bad booking so fuck knows.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock comes out and kills Cody during his entrance, takes his place in the triple threat and then kills everyone.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins come on Smackdown guys!

The Cody-Brock angle was good though.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish AEW had used the Briscoes more before one died cos Mark Briscoe seems very good entertainment. (He’s gonna be a special guest referee at Double Or Nothing in the FTR vs JJ & Jay Lethal waste of time match)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently (according to Dave anyway) some WBD official didn’t want them on TV because Jay sent a racist tweet over a decade ago, even though he apologised profusely for it. Not sure I buy that considering some of the worse shit some of the current roster have pulled in more recent times.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who're the AEW bad lads? Other than rapey Sammy Guevara obviously.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho obviously had the close connection to the Capitol Hill insurrection. They had Mike Tyson on their TV. They booked Moxley's best mate Nick Gage, who robbed a fucking bank. You mentioned Sammy. Jeff Hardy is married to DUI at this point yet they still bring him back.

Loads have tweeted shady stuff at some point when they were still on the indies, including Scorpio Sky with an almost identical notion to Jay Briscoe. I don't agree at all with cancelling people over tweets from a decade ago, but it seems it's only an issue in AEW if you're not in the Bucks/Kenny/Jericho inner circle.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Briscoe’s definitely look(ed) the type to throw Nigger about casually in sentences

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moral code should be the same as actual combat sports (i.e. there isn't really one), to be honest. Especially when the bookers are such cunts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were shouting from the rooftops about treating it like a sport at its inception but that quickly went by the wayside when it became apparent many of them wanted to do indie flips, and seemingly all of them are fragile bitches who don't like their feelings being hurt. AEW shows glimpses nearly every week of how good it can be but it's always sabotaged by itself through amateur booking/production or just bunches of fannies not wanting to do good business because Tony has guaranteed their money anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they still do their rankings and match records or have they done the sensible thing and slowly forgot about it?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between disappearances they shove them on dark and they reappear on Dynamite with a 74-2 record.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seemed a good idea on the surface but it was just not feasible given all the bollocks they did outside of Dynamite. The new TV deal will be a good thing if only to get rid of the YouTube shows. Again not the worst idea at its inception but it ended up being green worker vs. green worker in front of four people, so they didn't learn anything. The new (old as time) format of a couple of dark matches before the TV show in front of the TV crowd will do the green guys so much better. It will also allow Tony to release 50 guys back to the indies who just aren't needed; for example, Serpentico has wrestled 154 matches for AEW but I have no idea what he even looks like.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ospreay pretty much confirmed for All In. He's wrestling Shingo at RevPro the night before.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As bad as that cage match was (of course it was, it had Jon Moxley in it) the V Trigger spot was pretty fanfuckingtastic.

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to buy these three tickets (the green ones):

Toggle Spoiler

But they disappeared after I selected them. Twat.

I have a kitchen to pay for too so probably a bad idea anyway.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would never happen with a proper cage.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pulled up Summerslam 92 to see the layout.

Obviously it's a completely different stadium but I'm not gonna see shit from the proper football seats am I.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Wembley has the seats much closer to the pitch and the stands are steeper, so it wont be near that bad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always assumed that as Dean Ambrose he was being stifled by corny Vince McMahon but having seen him being allowed to do what he wants for a few years now, Moxley is actually just shit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles

It’s going to be Franklin isn’t it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I always assumed that as Dean Ambrose he was being stifled by corny Vince McMahon but having seen him being allowed to do what he wants for a few years now, Moxley is actually just shit.
    I was a little bit the same. His WWE run was actually alright if you ignore the bits of horrendous booking so when he popped up in New Japan for the G1, I was really excited for it. I thought he did well even though his forearms were pathetic.

AEW you’ve covered well there though. In this heel role, he’s gone full Bruiser Brody where he sells for no cunt except the blade. Although it must be noted how he carried the company for a bit after the All Out fiasco and he actually seems to be one of the few guys they have that draws (somehow).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns not defending his titles at another PPV but instead winning the Tag Titles would be hilarious. Though I didn’t think Sami Zayn would go to Saudi Arabia so unless something has changed maybe that won’t happen

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami is going to get detained in Saudi isn’t he.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami and Kevin have never done the blood money shows have they?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have not. However:

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami creating world peace

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a farce. Roman is worse than Brock at this point. At least Brock not defending the title made the fans seethe and that was entertaining.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still feel WWE fumbled the ball with Cody but his promo on Brock last night was fucking money.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t want to come across as some Shindigesque Incel but if Andrades continuously post about how press use bad pictures of Charlotte to demean her I’d suggest that he counters with pictures where she doesn’t look like a bulimic 70 year old woman.

The work she’s had done has turned a reasonably attractive woman into something from an HR Giger sketch.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I imagine she's trying to escape is she just looks somewhat like her dad.

It's a shame when people fall into that cycle of seeing the surgeon as the answer. See Saraya as another.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Charlotte has looked pretty horrendous facially for a few years now.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be shocked to know but it seems like Phil Brooks is being an absolute turd and Tony Khan got worked by being a mark.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confidence Man Punk.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You'll be shocked to know but it seems like Phil Brooks is being an absolute turd and Tony Khan got worked by being a mark.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New AEW show: Collision.

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprising. He’s such a mark.

He also patted himself on the back for the last two weeks of Dynamite by pointing to Cagematch ratings.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to Collision also having a "huge announcement" every week.