User Tag List

Page 298 of 373 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,900 of 18633

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not averse to alternative streaming methods then just Google "watchwrestling", it's got all the known promotions.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They show highlights on one of Channel 5's freeview channels as well so it's on the My5 thing too.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't watch it you mad bastard

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the reviews then use watchwrestling to skip through for the good segment and 2-3 good matches (depending how good a week it is) is the correct approach.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory failing to cash in on the US title. oh dear. He was clearly not ready for a world title but when I was reading the results and saw he was cashing on on Seth I didn't don't expect him to still lose.

Also pleased to see Mia Yim back. No idea what she's got to do with the OC but anybody surviving Retribution is a good thing and I liked Yim in NXT.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know people like to paint Triple H as the saviour and that he can't do anything wrong but fucking hell, that's ridiculous. Austin Theory is a great prospect (even though he's not ready for where Vince was pushing him) and burying him like that is just Triple H screaming "this was Vince's guy and it's my era now and you will know it" type shit.

They need to fuck off that briefcase for good though, so hopefully this is the beginning of that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With HHH bringing everyone back, I'm going to be very disappointed if Captain Howdy isn't James Ellsworth now.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even watching 3 minutes highlights is impossible with that utterly dreadful commentator they’ve brought in. How the fuck did he qualify for a position

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I know people like to paint Triple H as the saviour and that he can't do anything wrong but fucking hell, that's ridiculous. Austin Theory is a great prospect (even though he's not ready for where Vince was pushing him) and burying him like that is just Triple H screaming "this was Vince's guy and it's my era now and you will know it" type shit.

They need to fuck off that briefcase for good though, so hopefully this is the beginning of that.
    Yeah, I think Theory will (and absolutely should) still do well because i think HHH likes him from NXT but this is not the right way to deal with this particular turd leftover from Vince.

If they're turning Rollins face (dunno if they are but it reads that way?) you could have had basically exactly the same Bobbles / Seth / Theory stuff from yesterday but rejig it a bit so that Rollins gets the brunt of Langley's ire and Theory takes the belt.

Rollins as US champ can't be the LONG term plan anyway, you'd think.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I accept I'm a fossil when it comes to views on wrestling but my view is that the US title should be held by a guy who can wrestle good lengthy matches on TV often (like the old TV title basically but not every week). Rollins is not that guy anymore. I used to be really into him as a heel back in the days he cashed in but honestly that knee injury years ago ruined him and he's never developed the psychology to really compensate for it at main event level. He's still got a place in the upper midcard but he's not the US title guy now. They use Gunther in the same role on the other show with the IC title but fuck knows who's the guy on Raw. Triple H will probably put it on Johnny "same face for every mood" Gargano.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins is definitely good enough to be anywhere on the card.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fine, he's just not for me anymore. I feel like he tries to wrestle the same matches he used to 6-7 years ago and his body won't let him so it's just a slower version. He's never really transformed himself as he's aged (like Shawn Michaels did in the late 00's vs. his out of this world mid 90's run).

I also don't like a fuck load of other popular guys so I'll leave it there.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe they chucked the 24/7 title in the bin, Eric Bischoff you've done it again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alright, Jim Duggan will find it in a couple of months.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they don't do that now at the next legends special show HHH is dead to me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the Usos / New Day segment and Kofi's just referred to "being saddled with the gimmick of" being the power of positivity guys. Good segment though, and I liked that they referred to their respective histories and feuds, like the gauntlet match where the Usos forfeited their spot. A pity Riddle's involvement was just having the personality of weed jokes though. After a bit of progress during the Rollins feud it's just straight back to how he was being written when he was first called up I guess.

And that whole Theory thing isn't any better watching than it reads.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen AEW announced they're coming to the UK next year @Baz

I might actually watch Full Gear, there's a couple of matches that are intriguing:

Saraya vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD - could be alright but will be scared the whole match that Saraya might die. How do WWE not clear her for five years but suddenly AEW think she's good to go?

Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett vs. Darby Allin & Sting - Jeff Jarrett wrestling in prime time in 2022, what the fuck?

The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) (c) vs. Swerve In Our Glory (Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland) - they're 1-1 so it makes sense to have the decider but I'm not interested in the slightest in SIOG. Working with Keith Lee is like working with a mattress.

Toni Storm (c) vs. Jamie Hayter - this should be very good. Hayter is brilliant.

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Sammy Guevara - not interested. Jericho is all over AEW at the moment and he's the reason it's shit. They've killed Danielson and Castagnoli in record time. Guevara just needs to fuck off.

Jon Moxley (c) vs. MJF - MJF is the future. Give him the belt.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen AEW announced they're coming to the UK next year @Baz
    TAKE MY MONEY.

I wonder when tickets will be out, and where they’ll go.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to be Craven Cottage unless it's impossible to an arena setup there. Can see Darby Allin being chucked from the cottage already

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho is doing well to be all over AEW and also (seemingly) on the Masked Singer.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee is great, Ben, you fool.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee's debut with them where he threw the guy half a mile into the air was fantastic. I'd prefer to see him and Swerve off doing their own thing now though, they're a bit of an awkward pairing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Keith Lee so much, I love him.

His fights with Dijakovic in NXT were a real highlight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes I should point out I've not seen any of him and Swerve as a team but Lee the singles wrestler is great.

And as Wullie says he so does a great meme bit. Coming up behind Finn Balor like a slasher villain is my favourite.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Keith Lee is great, Ben, you fool.
    Nope not for me. I did say the other day I can't get away with a lot of popular guys so be prepared for contrasting opinions.

I used to really like him back in his indie and NXT days and enjoyed a lot of his matches against Ishii and the like, but looking back it's mainly because he was very different to the usual flippy shit. I did think at the time that WWE fumbled the ball with him and I blamed them for releasing him but now I can see why. He doesn't do much of anything anymore, age/injuries have really taken their toll because of his style. I've pegged him in the same category as Rollins, in that he hasn't evolved himself as he's got older so injuries really highlight what a shell of their former selves they are.
    Last edited by Ben; 10-11-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had some great moments like when Brock Lesnar was battering everyone in the Royal Rumble and suddenly here comes the big man which felt like they really had something there, but it's not helped that his promos are all 'indubitably my liege, it appears we are at conflict'

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah his cadence on the mic is strange. But when you're the big man with Swerve, you don't need to talk. I think the team needs to be done after Full Gear though. Swerve can go to the next level but he's just missing something. I'm not entirely sure what that is but a singles run might fix that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saraya vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD - could be alright but will be scared the whole match that Saraya might die. How do WWE not clear her for five years but suddenly AEW think she's good to go?
    They haven't even scuffled in the build up, have they?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Got to be Craven Cottage unless it's impossible to an arena setup there. Can see Darby Allin being chucked from the cottage already
    Hopefully they tour. TNA did the Olympia in Liverpool on their first tour so fingers crossed for something like that. Smaller/mid venues. My mate went to a ROH PPV in there in 2017. Bucks, Cody, Hangman and Bubba Dudley all on the card.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the chance to see TNA's Robbie E at the Meadowfield Sports Centre. They had a talent share with some fed in Middlesbrough. The even had their own fake Abyss.

The fucking state of it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope not for me. I did say the other day I can't get away with a lot of popular guys so be prepared for contrasting opinions.

I used to really like him back in his indie and NXT days and enjoyed a lot of his matches against Ishii and the like, but looking back it's mainly because he was very different to the usual flippy shit. I did think at the time that WWE fumbled the ball with him and I blamed them for releasing him but now I can see why. He doesn't do much of anything anymore, age/injuries have really taken their toll because of his style. I've pegged him in the same category as Rollins, in that he hasn't evolved himself as he's got older so injuries really highlight what a shell of their former selves they are.
    I agree, he’s shite. Just a smiling fat bloke.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s worse, not liking Keith Lee or Bryan Danielson?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan Danielson obviously.

But I can see your point, he's a complete non-entity this year. His work has no fire anymore. They killed him by turning him face and putting him in BCC.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading up on Dynamite a bit and I think Khan really needs to get a handle on what he wants AEW to be. Surely having Jeff Jarrett making fun of Braun's weirdness and HHH's nose isn't what anybody thinks AEW is supposed to be for?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road Dogg said Bret wasn’t a good wrestler.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road Dogg is a fucking idiot who'd be doing some job in the PC at best and some fat old jobber in front of crowds of a hundred at worst if he wasn't Hunter's mate.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it wasn't for HHH, he'd still be carrying Jeff Jarrett's bags.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel Bryan is a vanilla midget. He peaked during them 6 months when he feuded with the Authority and since then he’s been a non entity.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Vince.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stables getting quite crowded now.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was the Spirit Squad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer’s star ratings have become a bit of a joke in the last ten years since he got trigger happy on G1, but Ospreay has now gone past Okada to be second most all time 5* matches. Only two off Misawa.

That’s pretty lol but Will is actually great these days since he went heavyweight. I think only Okada can touch him.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Usos / New Day tag match on Smackdown was really good. I liked that ahead of the two false finishes (the Woods kickout in particular) they pulled the camera out to try (in the case of the second Midnight Hour) and show that there was nobody there to break up the pin. I couldn't see Jey for the second one and it actually leading to a kickout for the first worked really well I think.

The two 'World Cup' matches were a bit meh because Boatman and Jinder was only ever going one way and Nakamura / Escobar had potential but Nakamura didn't look like he could be arsed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    If you only watch the top right panel of that it looks a very different video.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakamura hasn't been arsed for about five years now. Massive shame.

I have no interest in New Day these days but I'll have to watch that one at some point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No as a thing New Day a very much treading water but they still do a good match and while this wasn't as good as the New Day / Usos classics because this is ultimately a TV match it's still a very good 15-20 minute bit of tag wrestling.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumour I've seen online is London for a Dynamite taping and Manchester for Rampage/Dark

Damn.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-iron...ation-revealed

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see it but this feels a bit busy.

And iron man match seems an odd choice for them to try and jazz up given WWE doesn't even do many of them.