0 Thread(s)
    Creative: "How do we get Roman over?"
    "Spear a woman?"
    "BRILLIANT!"

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every match was either 1) crap; 2) booked badly, and the fact that Stone Cold and Don Cena were the best bits is pretty tragic. I thought the main event would have been interesting in that Triple Haitch would have to lead the match and effectively carry Roman Reigns (his recent feuds have been against competent rasslers), but it was an absolute shocker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that a 7 hour show last night?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fell asleep somewhere in the New Day/League of Nations match, but i've just caught up.

Nice to see they dragged all the old guys out again for half the show & put them all over - Rock beating Rowan in one move was probably the worst of the lot though. The tag match was okay, the street fight was pointless as Ambrose didn't even kick out of anything, which hardly makes him looks like 'the iron man of WWE'. The battle royal was a surprising result, but still a battle royal, and therefore pretty shit. The women's match was good, but Charlotte winning kinda ruined the whole thing. 'IT'S A NEW ERA (with the same champion lol)!'

Hell in a Cell was rubbish apart from Shane killing himself, and the main event was rubbish apart from anything that involved Stephanie. I'll give RAW a look tonight since i'm off work & it's usually a big one, but I'm not really expecting to enjoy much beyond the surprises.

Oh, and Camp WWE

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reaction Reigns will get at RAW will be a tad sad. Poor guy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may watch tonight's RAW when I wake up. I'll have to be up around 8 or so no chance I'm staying up, but if someone knows somewhere that usually hosts it early, let me know. I know I used to get it on Daily Motion but no idea if that's still possible.

My thoughts now I've had some sleep:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar absolutely should've won, but I was expecting Ambrose to put up more of a fight. Talking him up as this guy who can't be broken only to have him beaten at the first cover is pretty silly - having Lesnar wail on him for a bit longer with Ambrose continually kicking out & getting off the odd flurry would've gotten him over more while still making Lesnar look like a beast as he mercilessly chucks Ambrose about for 20mins.

Jericho winning seems weird, because he's been a jobber to the stars for about five years, and AJ winning makes storyline sense as a payoff to the feud, but I guess if they're carrying this one on after Mania it's not as bad. Personally I still prefer Styles winning & then moving on to face someone more interesting than watching (or not in my case) another two months of AJ/Jericho or having Styles lose to someone who immediately fucks off for six months.

Corbin is decent. He's probably going to get a push as the latest big guy, and he's more like Kane & Taker in their prime than most others have been, in the sense that he's huge, powerful & also very athletic, but he's not exactly a talker & I've never really been bothered by him in the ring. He's got everything he needs to big a legit 'big man' in WWE, probably only second to Luke Harper in that regard, and I'd expect him to become a big player in time, although he'll probably be booked pretty strongly from the start.

I don't have a problem with the spear on Stephanie. It was accidental - he didn't exactly go over and punch her straight in the face for no reason - and if we're saying that the women are equal to the men why would we kick up a fuss about the women who's supposedly driving that, and has taken plenty of similar bumps before, taking a bump again? It was pretty much the only spot that could've got Reigns a cheer, which sums up how badly his face push is going.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really "have a problem" with the Stephanie spot, but given it's something WWE themselves decided to stop doing, it really felt out of place to me. But yea, that's pretty much the ultimate sign you've fucked up a face push if hitting a woman is the only way to get a cheer. How the fuck is Reigns meant to move on to a feud with another heel who doesn't draw as much heat as her and Trips?

Styles can still move on at this point I think. Hopefully he will, although we all know Backlash/EXTREME RULES/whatever it is is normally just a WM re-run.

And yes, I agree about Lesnar. I wanted to see more from Ambrose. It just seemed really badly booked to be honest. Why the fuck did they waste time having him bring out a fucking Chainsaw knowing full well he's not exactly going to cut out Brock's intestines with it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Roman Reigns not even get the grudging respect that Don Cena gets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate when they have a match that is extreme/street fight rules and most the time it's just singapore canes shot.

Wasn't great, Women's match maybe the best of the night. Was disappointed with the Aj and Brock match, could have much better.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As noted, WWE announced last night that they set a new attendance record of 101,763 fans at AT&T Stadium for WrestleMania 32. This beats out the previous WWE attendance record of 93,173 at WrestleMania 3.

WWE actually had under 100,000 fans in the building but they still set a new record. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE had over 93,000 fans but under 94,000, according to venue officials.

WWE also announced that WrestleMania 32 in Dallas became the highest grossing live event in company history with $17.3 million grossed.

- - - -- -- -

If it's still a record, what's the fucking point in lying about it?

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they're still a bunch of fucking carnies. Slick, billionaire carnies but carnies nonetheless. Turning the crowd volume down to hide the Reigns boos is fucking hilarious, just turn him heel you cunts.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undertaker's going to wind up retiring on medical grounds at this rate.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already looks bizarrely orange, like he dipped his head in something.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-show - Almost nothing of interest happened. Lana debuted and continued to look sexy as hell. Brie probably retired too. Oh and the Dudleys, who are heels, and swore never to use another table not 3 weeks ago, went to use table and were pandering to the crowd a little. That bugged me.

Ladder match - As far as I could tell on my stream, the crowd would have much more enjoyed KO v Zayn. I like a surprise winner but I couldn't tell if the crowd were booing or wooing. The problem here is the surprise winner has had all of 3 minutes worth of match in the past couple of years. Some nice spots and a decent opening. I felt The Miz was completely unbelievable sitting on the ladder like that though.

Y2AJ - If the feud is to continue the outcome makes sense. Styles was booked strong and I would have like Jericho to get in some more meaningful offense. Great spot on the finish.

#TheLADS v New Day - Besides the usual shtick from the New Day(loved the outfits) this was all about stalling until the big after match pay off. Disappointed they lost at Wrestlemania, but none of that matters because Stone Cold!

Lesnar/Ambrose - Very disappointing. They built Dean up well with the indestructible thing which would have made sense had they have Lesnar repeatedly suplex/F5 him and him kicking out. I think he lost on his 2nd or 3rd pin attempt. Lesnar looked reasonably strong and despite me wanting otherwise is probably the best result. Bar a return at RAW from Rollins or someone similar I'd expect Reigns and Lesnar to headline SummerSlam.

Womens - Slightly rough start but my match of the night by far. Shows what can happen when you take it seriously. Right result as NxT results make it look like Bayley is stepping up and she's so damn good.

Taker/Shane - Very slow, sloppy and a little strange. The best wrestler of his generation matched by a guy who hasn't had a match for years. Both are about 50 years old and they looked it. Taker needs to retire after his Cena match next year. Obvious cell dive miss was obvious, but an awesome spot certainly. Got to love a coast 2 coast as well. Right result albeit dragged out.

Battle Royal - This was an odd place to put the match and having Mark Henry win it in his last Wrestlemania in his home state would have been nice, however I agree very much with putting a new younger guy over. He was never the best in NxT but I hope he does well. At least a third of the roster is made up of older guys on the verge or retirement and so bringing up younger guys is a good thing.

The Rock - I originally was in disbelief as he turned back after just announcing the attendance. Seeing Wyatt was odd given his bad back problems. All in all I think the point of this was so that Daniel Bryan no longer had the record for quickest loss at Wrestlemania. Either that or Rowan has really pissed Vince off. Cena return was nice. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shape he is actually in.

Roman/HHH - Firstly Steph. Yes As for the match. It was always going to be like this wasn't it? The crowd reaction against Roman was worse than I thought it would be. The match killed the crowd though. It was just too slow and predictable. I had to lol at the heavily edited crowd cheers and muting at the finish. It's the worst head in sand job I've ever seen.
    The spear on Steph is fine being accidental. They can also use that as a spark for the heel turn if they want. They need to book him better now. Imagine the fans if SummerSlam is Cena v Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Does Roman Reigns not even get the grudging respect that Don Cena gets?
    No. I think Cena gets respect because even though the character has become stale to the adults, he's still a good worker and is an apparent good guy away from the ring(that charity work though). And he's still way over with the kids. It's more pantomime booing for him I feel.
    Reigns is genuine hate for a guy that they really don't want being shoved down the throat.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up after the TLC match.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    I gave up after the TLC match.
    2001?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladder match - Liked Zayn more than I have previously and the tornado DDT ringpost spot was good and that chickenwing suplex, if that's what it is (maybe a tiger something-or-other), was nasty. More deserving of a "holy shit" than about 135% of the things that actually get it these days. And ZACK FUCKING RYDER wins? Jesus Christ. What a joke the IC title is these days. If Owens has lost that and it isn't to move him onto some big feuds then he deserves to be fucking furious.

Style/Jericho - Better than I expected and. Jericho's actually fitter than his moobs would suggest but he LOOKS a right state. A bit surprised they had Jericho win and it was interesting that they had the heel being the resilient one who who wouldn't stay down despite taking a beating as well.

New Day - Loved the Booty O's entrance. I was surprised that League of Nations won and it felt a bit anticlimactic, the team who had more numbers (well, sort of) winning relatively cleanly. Even though I enjoyed all of HBK, Foley and Austin's music hitting are they really choosing a result just to drag some old guys out? I'd have rather had New Day win dirty, then League of Nations batter them again then bring the three of them out. And Barrett got made a mug of, not in the match and then got the triple-finisher treatment at the end. Austin enjoying himself so much and then arsing about spoiled it somewhat..... until the stunner to Woods. I'm never going to not love Austin appearing but that whole thing was still a bit tragic.

Street fight - Lesnar bottling out of that DDT onto the chairs was lol. Let-down of a match though and a premature ending without anything happening. Lesnar's invincibility is, predictably, a bit boring now and it being an excuse to job the shit out of Ambrose is irritating. Thank fuck he's still part time.

Snoop Dogg and Women's match - Nope.

Hell in a Cell - As the match started my main thought was: "How the fuck are they going to fill another two and a half hours?" Undertaker looking so, so old was my second. I was actually sitting with my mouth open wondering if Shane was actually going to jump off the cell or if they were just teasing us. Even though it had big cushions underneath fair play to him, that takes stones. Another Undertaker feud/match which wastes everybody's time. Especially if Shane now just disappears off into the ether. About as shit as I expected but I didn't expect Shane to go off the cell.

Battle royal - TATANKA! DDP! YEAH! Is this NXT lad who won it actually any good?

I'm glad something at least happened in the Rock's bit because I actually thought at one point they'd literally rolled him out just to announce the attendance record. It was less shit than most of his appearances appearances these days but.... yeah, another excuse for an older guy to slap some of the current roster about

Main event - Christ, that booing was a proper mess. HHH kicks him in the bollocks and gets huge cheers. I didn't hate it as much as you guys did but that might be because I was just relieved they were going to at least try and have one actual match on the card after Jericho and Styles which by this time felt like it had happened about a fortnight beforehand. Had expected SOMETHING to happen at the end with Roman's win but.... nope, they've just cracked on with it.

I didn't hate it as much as I feel it deserves given the in-ring stuff didn't manage to escape the wonky booking but, yeah, meh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    The Rock - I originally was in disbelief as he turned back after just announcing the attendance. Seeing Wyatt was odd given his bad back problems. All in all I think the point of this was so that Daniel Bryan no longer had the record for quickest loss at Wrestlemania. Either that or Rowan has really pissed Vince off. Cena return was nice. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shape he is actually in.
    Bryan didn't have it anyway. Kane and Chavo was shorter.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    2001?
    Pretty much

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is RAW really starting at 2am tonight? I'll be asleep long before that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, 1am as per usual. But I'll be watching it tomorrow morning if I can find it. Then I won't watch it again for a year.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lol at the commentators talking about how Shane O Mac could do in The Undertaker by just outlasting him, as if he was a talented kid taking on a fading legend. There's five years between them. Do they have a 'Billed Age'?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, 1am as per usual. But I'll be watching it tomorrow morning if I can find it. Then I won't watch it again for a year.
    I think I'll be doing the same, to be honest.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I had a lol at the commentators talking about how Shane O Mac could do in The Undertaker by just outlasting him, as if he was a talented kid taking on a fading legend. There's five years between them. Do they have a 'Billed Age'?
    Yea, I thought the same. Undertaker might be old but he's also been training his entire life, you'd imagine he'd outlast Shane with ease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone got any decent streams for raw?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    http://prowrestlingreports.com/cgi-bin/livestream3.php

passable.

This is gonna be so much more fun than last night, but now 'crazy post-wrestlemania raw' is a #thing, with fucking cole and jbl acknowledging it ('THEY'RE GONNA BE BOOING WHO THEY USUALLY CHEER AND CHEERING WHO THEY USUALLY BOO, THEY'RE HAVING FUN, I LOVE IT MAGGLE') it does take away from the THRILL a bit.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    http://prowrestlingreports.com/cgi-bin/livestream5.php

this is better

edit: that's even better.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually shit all the streams I've posted are bollocks, fuck sake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tis cool got sorted dude

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was rubbish. Nothing surprising even happened really.

Toggle Spoiler

Guess that's me pretty much done until SummerSlam then.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you Dan, pretty bad RAW, though probably better than I expected. Wrote some notes as I watched it:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonga Jeff is never getting called up is he?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having Maryse as Miz's manager hopefully will make his character better, rather than being the guy that gets beat during someone's feud on Miz TV. They've done that the year before with Miz losing the IC title next day on RAW.

Thought Cesaro would have been next in line to face Roman given that Roman's best match was vs him.

Corbin looks like a Bo Dallas if he bothered to workout and get this teeth sorted.

Edit: Is that the last of Barrett then? Contract up?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, seemingly.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That idiot Enzo Amore made me lol. Is it just that every week, or does he change it up a bit?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know how they'd fill four hours what with a load of stuff being shunted to the kickoff show, but it going nearly five was mental. Felt like ten hours if you watched the main event. The biggest surprise over the whole week is that Shawn Michaels is in ridiculously good shape and hasn't got all fat like he should have.

The future bodes well for the Vaudevillains that on the post-Mania Raw their debut is announced for Smackdown.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Enzo & Cass introduction spiel is the same every time, which means it quickly gets dull. They'll probably add Carmella in soon too, which will add another bit on to the intro script.

The actual promo they cut after all that was entertaining though. From what I remember Enzo's not that great in the ring, and Cass is on a par with Baron Corbin as big guys go, but more similar to the traditional Big Show/Kane/Taker template in terms of his moveset. He's got a fantastic singing voice as well, surprisingly.

Vaudevillains v Primo & Epico on SmackDown please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass looks and sounds like Edge (slightly taller and slimmer)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to cover that midriff up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is the Network only displaying Raw episodes up to the end of February, where are the rest?

Edit: Ok, it's to do with airing rights. Back to 1999 I go then.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They take about a month to appear due to their TV deals.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you guys are aware but TEW2016 comes out in the first week of May and the list of improvements over 2013 looks substantial:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=532912

Does anyone play it still or plan on getting the new one? I've barely played it at all but am seriously considering getting this one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've downloaded one of the old ones (whichever one was free) about 3 times but every time I can't get it to run on my laptop whatsoever. Like i load up, hit continue and about 3 hours later it's still processing the very first thing. Not sure if this one would be any better? I'm really interested in giving it a bash but I don't have a desktop and it seems to hate laptops.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've downloaded one of the old ones (whichever one was free) about 3 times but every time I can't get it to run on my laptop whatsoever. Like i load up, hit continue and about 3 hours later it's still processing the very first thing. Not sure if this one would be any better? I'm really interested in giving it a bash but I don't have a desktop and it seems to hate laptops.
    Might be a case of right clicking on the icon and setting it to run as administrator, can get a bit fucky when you don't do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Why is the Network only displaying Raw episodes up to the end of February, where are the rest?

Edit: Ok, it's to do with airing rights. Back to 1999 I go then.
    Doesn't Hulu air the next day?

I normally watch it via DailyMotion - BTW If anyone had a problem streaming it to their TV using Chromecast, looks like downloading the Beta version solves the problem as before only with DailyMotion it would say 'Does not support this browser'

One good thing about Barrett leaving is JBL can now stop comparing them to The Four Horseman every week

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane really left his mark on Raw. #1 contender match, an IC title match he had nowt to do with and some re-runs of last night's card.

So glad this story didn't fizzle to nothing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he had a tough choice to make as to which 4 people to put into the contenders match....

Oh wait.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Well those four guys turned up so...."

Also amused by Reigns' screentime. Has a new champion done so little on the Raw after Wrestlemania before?