User Tag List

Page 196 of 365 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,800 of 18247

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I could have sworn I remembered a fair few back in the day, but I checked the last 3 years (excluding last night) and every year had 1 or 2, mostly women though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rule is, as ever, whatever they need it to be on the night.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s ridiculous how much I love watching Jon Moxley. His ring walk alone is more entertaining than any WWE I’ve watched in years.

Seeing him shrug off Darby Allin’s top rope crossbody with a big SUCK IT VINCE sign in the background was great.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It’s ridiculous how much I love watching Jon Moxley. His ring walk alone is more entertaining than any WWE I’ve watched in years.

Seeing him shrug off Darby Allin’s top rope crossbody with a big SUCK IT VINCE sign in the background was great.
    He great, his G1 run in the summer was so good and his AEW stuff has been equally great. He's being used properly too, I love how he was on the show right after his match with Omega while Kenny had to have a week or two off.

Haven't caught up on WARGAMES yet and I have no intention of watching Survivor Series but it's great to see Keith Lee getting main roster opportunities.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I love how he was on the show right after his match with Omega while Kenny had to have a week or two off.
    I think this Kenny Omega arch is really gonna be something if I'm honest.

The part where he turned back to the doctor and said "well uh... what about Mox?" and the doctor goes "oh well ya he was cleared" and then he kinda was like "oh...o...k.."

And now this whole kinda sure that PAC was the problem and beating him will make him feel better and more like himself but also seeming sorta not really sure and trying to convince himself that he did last week which will undoubtedly lead to Pac beating Omega and sending Kenny into some kinda interesting tailspin...

I think it's gonna be really good tbh. It'll all culminate in like a year or so in Kenny overcoming his demons and winning the title off whoever and instead of just feeling like they strapped Kenny up because he's Kenny Omega it'll feel like he actually accomplished something.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the pre-show and I had forgotten just how annoying Lawler is.

Fuck me, why did they bring him back?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our work newsletters came around today and it turns out the bloke who publishes it used to work for Impact. Ring announcer. I was genuinely impressed.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I think this Kenny Omega arch is really gonna be something if I'm honest.

The part where he turned back to the doctor and said "well uh... what about Mox?" and the doctor goes "oh well ya he was cleared" and then he kinda was like "oh...o...k.."

And now this whole kinda sure that PAC was the problem and beating him will make him feel better and more like himself but also seeming sorta not really sure and trying to convince himself that he did last week which will undoubtedly lead to Pac beating Omega and sending Kenny into some kinda interesting tailspin...

I think it's gonna be really good tbh. It'll all culminate in like a year or so in Kenny overcoming his demons and winning the title off whoever and instead of just feeling like they strapped Kenny up because he's Kenny Omega it'll feel like he actually accomplished something.
    It does feel like it's going somewhere, which is about all you can expect at this stage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

He made a joke on Raw the other week which was met with a genuine 5 seconds of silence before Dio Madden (who I actually think is alright) said, "What does that even mean?"

I see Graves has nobbled Ranallo as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Because they're shook as fuck from AEW and trying to tap into that nostalgia thing that they're getting with Tony and JR.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not even that because they've been using him on and off for donkeys. It's just jobs for the boys, and probably afraid of what horrendous things he might admit he's done if he gets to speak freely elsewhere.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Survivor Series and it was my first PPV SummerSlam (I also haven't watched RAW or SD for a couple of months now) and it was surprisingly decent.

Pre-show:

Tag Team Battle Royal was horseshit and I can't recall any Tag Team battle royal ever being any good. They also picked the worst possible winners which didn't help.

Cruiserweight Triple Threat, they weren't given enough time to really shine but I think they did well although it was clear that Lio Rush was going to retain.

Tag Team Champ Triple Threat, started a little slow but ended up as a really good match largely due to Undisputed Era.

MAIN SHOW:

Women's Survivor Series, I didn't like that they basically copied Wargames having Team Rhea lose two members but I thought it was fairly good overall. Would have been better as well had they not pulled the 'injury' thing with Io so quickly.

Secondary Championship match, I liked the crafty ending and I think Roddy added a lot to the AJ/Nakamura dynamic which struggled last year (or was it the year before).

Dunne/Cole, match of the night for me. I liked that they didn't just forget about their matches last night and had them operating 'injured' and the Panama Sunrise counter of the Bitter End was really well done.

Fiend/Bryan, only my second FIEND match and I still don't get it. I find the character very crap American SHOCK AND HORROR, it starts way too slow, the no-selling and the lightning all just don't work for me. The Bryan Yes Movement revival was done well and the crowd seriously rooting for him helped to not make it a complete disaster.

Men's Survivor Series, what the fuck were they doing wasting WALTER so much? Other than that it was probably the best Survivor Series match in a while.

Baroque/Rey, pointless.

Women's Triple, it felt so lethargic, lazy and slow. They leaned way too heavily on the triple threat trope of 2 in 1 out and it was just dull. Biggest dud on the main card by far.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about wasting Walter the bloke is clearly over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do with a proper WALTER v McIntyre match.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That match would have to be a classic surely?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one of those matches that I hadn't thought about until they were both in the same ring on Sunday.

Such bullshit that they took the Austrian out so early.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me neither but it makes sense to shift Drew to NXT UK for a bit to put over Walter. Walter being pinned first stinks of Vince or one of his off siders saying we will give you Keith but we get to squash your UK champion.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably thinks that no one would know him.

He thought the same about NXT for a long time (probably changing his mind when it moved to USA) too IIRC.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that makes sense. Walter over Lesnar at the next WM is my dream fantasy booking.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A motivated Lesnar against WALTER would be incredible.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might as well say a unicorn against WALTER if that's your caveat.

Rollins heelturn was about due. Are the AOP going to be his new J&J? because if so that's a bit of an upgrade.
    Last edited by Ian; 26-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think Raw was pretty decent last night. Not perfect by any stretch and I still wouldn't have wanted to sit and watch it live at it's full, flabby 3 hours but it had much more stuff I watched than usual.

We were talking about Lawler and he was better than he's been in Christ knows how long on Raw. Just him and Joseph and while there was nothing at the level of Lawler's heel work at his prime he still did a good job as a heel announcer last night.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've obviously not watched a second of it, but from skimming the results it sounds like Rollins turned heel by 1) Telling a bunch of shit wrestlers that they're shit and then 2) Fighting KO, who people thought had turned heel the night before. Sounds pretty standard....

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last couple of Raws before Survivor Series there were signs of (especially against Carillo), then SS and last night's show basically confirmed it. It's been quite organic and actually coincided with shifting crowd reactions*. Obviously they'll turn him into a cackling bellend but it's been handled uncharacteristically well so far.

* I'm quite prepared to believe this is luck on WWE's part.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Carrillo, Alvarez said this:

“Vince is done with Humberto Carrillo for the time being. He’s giving him the ‘Cedric Alexander.’ Like you’re still gonna see him on TV. I’m sure he’s gonna win here and there, but like it’s exactly like Cedric Alexander. He got a few weeks, Vince thought he wasn’t getting over, so he’s just — he’s done.”

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds about right.

Still Black who's getting treated the weirdest though. Was on TV constantly and over with O'Shea when they came up, started doing this sitting-in-a-dark-room thing and now seems to win every match he has but only wrestles once a month, if that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranallo wont be at NXT tonight

Graves really is a fucking twat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he is.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just me who thinks that's hideous? It seems to be getting rave reviews but I think it's absolute toilet water.

Oh and WWE are selling them for $6.5k...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where there's a mark, there's a buck.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even within the realm of replica belts that is horrendous.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im loving MLW atm Jacob Fatu is such strong champion.

The Opera Cup is on atm I recommend checking it out on youtube.

https://mlw.com/december-5-2019-opera-cup/
    Last edited by Queenslander; 30-11-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peak NWO rubbish.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So apparently TLC is less than a fortnight away. No matches announced and I'd struggle to even speculate what the card is going to look like. Rollins / LO I guess, Charlotte plus somebody (Becky?) vs. the Kabukis in a TLC probably, Lashley vs. Rusev.

Sounds great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE FIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vs Daniel 'I might say yes' Bryan too.

I wonder how many TLC shots he gets to no sell in red lighting. Under/over is set at 4.5.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do quite like the slow burn face turn Bryan's doing even if it's entirely transparent how it's going to end.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of face turns.

I didn't watch Smackdown but I love that Elias and Lacey turned face with no build up (makes sense in Elias as he's been injured for a while so couldn't build to it) or real reason.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've never really given Elias any build for any of his turns. See also: Keith (Orton, not Fat Keith) now seemingly being a face? Sort of? Maybe he's not really anything now and is just a "Keith."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciampa says he'll retire if he gets moved to the main roster. What a lad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone will buy that fiend belt and that makes me very sad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparnetly AEW got blown out in the ratings last week which also makes me very sad because I feel like we are fucked.

We as in fans of AEW.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparnetly AEW got blown out in the ratings last week which also makes me very sad because I feel like we are fucked.

We as in fans of AEW.
    NXT have taken it for the last 2 weeks now.

AEW is winning the 18-49 but NXT are smashing it with the 50+

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to try to go to Dynamite in January in Miami, I just hope it's not one of the last shows smh.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We as in fans of AEW.
    Because of one dodgy number? And if you look at the demographics they still just about 'won' the only age group TV/advertising people care about so it's not a disaster by any means.

Meanwhile NXT have been filling their episodes with main roster people, which isn't going to work forever (and actually has made the show worse in my opinion).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filling is a bit of an exaggeration.

You're spot on about the age demo, though. The idea that is sometimes bandied about that NXT appeals to the yoof simply isn't true. It's pretty much the same people (demographic wise) who watch WWE, it seems.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's wrestling, you're supposed to exaggerate. Which I did mainly because I hated the build to Wargames being ruined by all the Survivor Series rubbish, in that respect it felt like they spent too long concentrating on a show I was never going to watch.

AEW was also a bit guff last week and they pulled the same shit with this new group that they did with the Dark Order, the somewhat free pass I'm giving them for being a new promotion is wearing very thin.
    Last edited by Disco; 03-12-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My disdain for WarGames matches is enough that I actually preferred the Survivor Series matches.

And not just because of Fat Keith.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do ya'll not like Keith?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He loves Keith, as do we all for he is limitless.