User Tag List

Page 372 of 372 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372
Results 18,551 to 18,564 of 18564

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does sound like the AEW crowd has soured a lot on Jericho too. "Please retire!" chants going through his match.

He should probably announce a retirement tour like Sting did, but I don't think he'll be going away any time soon.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was important to have around at first as a major name but if he disappeared tomorrow they wouldn't miss him for a second, he seems to exist solely to suck the life out of younger wrestlers these days.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    It does sound like the AEW crowd has soured a lot on Jericho too. "Please retire!" chants going through his match.

He should probably announce a retirement tour like Sting did, but I don't think he'll be going away any time soon.
    Isn't he like 18 months into a 10 year contract?

As wullie said, really good for them for a year or so but he's done now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Into 2025 apparently. I also saw he's supposedly a mentor to Hook but guess who got the pin...

I do think one of the things Tony does well is not releasing guys unless they cause him problems, but you also don't have to have him on TV.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only man in wrestling with more ego than HHH is Jericho. He's terrible these days. Trying to flip him heel so that 'I swear they're SUPPOSED to be booing me' stops his feelings getting hurt.

Fuck off to TNA with ol' Broken Matt.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Von Wagner has been released by WWE.

I get it but I'm kinda bummed, I think he had a lot of potential and I liked his teaming up with Robert Stone. Liked his matches with Bron too.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Did you ever see the absolutely amazing royal rumble those Indian lads did?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Von Wagner has been released by WWE.

I get it but I'm kinda bummed, I think he had a lot of potential and I liked his teaming up with Robert Stone. Liked his matches with Bron too.
    I didn't see any of his Stone stuff but what I saw before that I thought he looked shite. Had he improved much?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His dad was one of the Beverly Brothers so I guess there isn't much natural ability there.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does anybody have time for Jericho these days? On top of what you guys have said in here Going in Raw were really getting stuck into him following the weekend.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admittedly don't watch the most AEW of anyone, but from what I gather it's a lot to do with him not having the decency to realise he's getting to his mid 50's and he shouldn't be a big part of the show.

He should really be off into the sunset but coming back for a big one off match or mini-run. Not going over on your young up and coming guys who are getting popular.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the feeling is universal now. I thought he'd jumped the shark with his ROH World Title run a couple of years ago. Then he pivoted to "getting the next generation over" with Action Andretti, Ricky Starks and Hobbs, but he always protected himself in defeat and as we know, those guys got nothing from it because of that. Then he had that horror show with Adam Cole which I think was the turning point for the diehard fans and it's been a year long journey since towards souring more and more fans. The Hook match backlash is just a culmination of everything Jericho has booked himself in since Tony give him that ridiculous 10 year contract.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I didn't see any of his Stone stuff but what I saw before that I thought he looked shite. Had he improved much?
    He still wasn't great but he was getting into a groove. I think turning him face was a good idea.

Still had trouble getting over with the fans though as there were so many better than him. That ultimately cost him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was also some kind of #metoo thing with Jericho fairly recently as well although I don't know if it was bollocks made up by people who want him gone