User Tag List

Page 189 of 365 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,450 of 18247

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole episode is on the Network now btw.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jushin Thunder Liger trying to knife Suzuki was a great spot.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to cancel the network now, while it was clumsy and counter-intuitive to navigate before using the PS4 app at least it worked. Since the update it buffers a ridiculous amount when it's not crashing out and navigating through a video has somehow got a million times worse.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last week or so before I cancelled I struggled to get it to play anything where the audio was correctly synced.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently last night Asuka's match gave her the great honour of now having more televised matches this year than Shane McMahon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, they've only let Keith Lee win a match anybody actually gives a shit about.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://whatculture.com/wwe/aew-anno...ng-deal?page=1

AEW couldn't get a live deal in the UK.

Options are the full episode on Sunday mornings, a highlights show on Monday or paying £4.99 a month to watch on Fite.tv.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit surprised that nobody picked it up.

Also in the news today is Austin saying he'd now feel ready for one more match.

He's going to turn up in fucking Saudi, isn't he?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't live be pointlessly late at night?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more so than Raw / SD are?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea, but the eight viewers who would have watched live are no great loss. If the repeat is popular they may move it closer to the actual broadcast but the timing is pretty good for building an audience. Meanwhile everyone else will continue to download it off the internet like they do now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder do Sky see much perceived benefit from actually having it live. I mean surely most of their 'viewers' are recording and watching the next day like I sort-of do?

Unrelated but recording Raw / SD chat reminded me, I liked what they did with the "Then, Now, Forever" bit at the start of Raw. Can't find a video off a cursory Googling but it got a bit Fiend-ified.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Morrison has signed with WWE. I haven't seen anything since he left but when I was doing my Network marathon he barely seemed to have a bad match the first time round.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/09...rtsillustrated

Raw's commentary team will be Vic Joseph, Dio Maddin and for some reason they're bring Lawler back. Smackdown will be Corey Graves and Michael Cole with Renee backstage or something.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Fat Keith Lee vs. Dijakovic. Though a man of Lee's size kicking out of a second rope Canadian Destroyer in the middle of a show opener is a bit lol.

Interesting that USA and Fox all sound like they're pushing for less interruptions / ad breaks too. And Fox have supposedly said they want less authority figure involvement in matches and less crap finishes in general.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Lashley / Lana angle sounds like a lot of shit.

On top of the steaming heap of excrement they already have with the Kanellis stuff.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what has Rusev done to piss Vince off now?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stop getting Ric Flair on TV. He might actually die in the Saudi heat.

He can barely speak.

Get Lawler the fuck outta there too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what'll cheer you up, lads.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like NXT last night was an absolute belter.

O'Shango's got a pretty sweet deal getting moved back to NXT too.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs a faction surely?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno who they'd pull together with him in NXT. I do think WWE underdoes stables these days and does them badly when they do but the NXT crew have hadled UE pretty well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone in NXT UK a good match for him?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as it's not his fucking mini-me Jordan Devlin. Do not get the hype with him at all.

Also it looks like we might be getting Orton / Rock at Mania. That would be extremely dull.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton v Rock makes zero sense.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angle's been caught selling roids on the dark web.

Eric Angle, that is.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kofi deserved better.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandi Rhodes is easily the worst part of the Wednesday night wars.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 05-10-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Kofi deserved better.
    Yeah, losing in 10 seconds to one move.

Pretty much the whole show sounds awful.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, losing in 10 seconds to one move.

Pretty much the whole show sounds awful.
    I was watching live and it was quite messy and a lot felt off.

For example we got what felt about 20+ mins of the Rock and Becky tearing down King Corbin at the start, before the inevitable beatdown. Then we got the 4 Horsewomen tag in which Charlotte made Bayley tap far too easily.

Then came an entirely pointless exercise. Rollings v Nakamura could have been decent. Though we got a full Rollings entrance, Nakamuras went to an Ad break as he got to the ring. When we returned Hulk Hogans music is playing and hes now talking to people in the ringside crowd. Felt like we caught that one a minute or two too late.

We then got 30 seconds worth of both trying to hit their finishers immediately, but for The Fiend to attack Rollins.

Straight to Ads again and when we're back. KO is already in the ring having the jobbers entrance. You then got a match that was basically all the spots you'd expect to see with the right outcome at the end.
    After another Ad next up was an 8 man tag. Strowman was the only one to receive his own entrance. Everyone else in the match was allowed 1 signature move before Strowman steamrolled the lot. In the middle of all that he managed to accidentally throw someone into Tyson Fury who he'd just had an interaction with at ringside.
    Fury tried to hop the barricade and 20odd WWE security goons immediately emerged to stop him.

Reigns v Rowan in a for some reason Lumberjack match next and we got a decent showing from Rowan and Romans same 3 moves. Harper interferes and you get Bryan with the save. If this doesn't end with a 3 man beatdown of Reigns at HIAC then this has all been very strange.

The main event didn't start until there were about 9 minutes left of the show in total. I don't know if this changed the match or if the plan was always what happened. You could have easily shaved 5 mins off the Rocks segment for this and also there were a lot more adverts then I remember there usually being. There seemed to be 1 mid-match in at least 2-3 of them too and you got back to action, not them having a rest hold in the dark time.

Either way, dumping your Champion out like this, in what is likely his only run, having booked him reasonably strongly up to this point, just to make room for another BIG GUY to come out is stupid. Wouldn't shock me if they made him forget about the rematch clause, or had him lose in the exact same way again next week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock

Giving the people what they want, even if they don’t realise it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to see Fury cut a WWE promo.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gray Fox I'll make a point of watching the whole thing this week to see how annoyed it makes me but it just sounds like a shambles from start to finish.

I have a lot of gripes about the treatment of Rey Mysterio without having seen any of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Brock

Giving the people what they want, even if they don’t realise it.
    If what they want is UFC matches then I'm sure there's an organisation that already provides those. Can't remember what it's called. It'll come to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complaining about Brock is the lifeblood of the modern day WWE fan. Without him, there would be nothing to talk about.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the "bad refereeing is good because WHAT ELSE WOULD WE DEBATE" argument, and just as wonky.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also when people are moaning about him I think a number of them get it wrong and actually think he's rubbish, which is exactly the opposite of the problem.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said at the time, the previous PPV felt small time without him. For all his faults (which are down to the way he's used rather than talent) he still is the biggest star they have (and no one else is close) and his matches feel big, even if they end up being shit. Mainly though, I just love him because he makes everyone else seethe, and them seething is more entertaining than the product will ever be again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also when people are moaning about him I think a number of them get it wrong and actually think he's rubbish, which is exactly the opposite of the problem.
    When he can be bothered he's absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the NXT tv show it seems. Feels like theres a few hundred people in there. The stuff in the ring was good but it felt very small time. You can look indie without looking like no-one wants to see you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So wide of the mark as per usual.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itv4 have had to warn of “aggressive moves and very strong language from the beginning” before wrestling. It’s 8:25 AM
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    When he can be bothered he's absolutely brilliant.
    Yep. He 100% gets it but sadly gives 0 shits.

Why Browning needs him rather than literally everything else the IWC generally seethes itself into a froth about I don't know but there we are.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Itv4 have had to warn of “aggressive moves and very strong language from the beginning” before wrestling. It’s 8:25 AM
    I didn't even realise they'd got it in the end. Is that a repeat? And if not is it a cut version of the show because of the time of day?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    For some reason, TV execs love to give wrestling a breakfast timeslot. Do Sky still show the Smackdown reruns at 9am?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So with having thought SD sounded like a lot of shit but it getting quite a load of broadly positive reviews (other than from Fox further up the page) I decided to list what I did and did not like as I watched it to see if I was just being a grouchy twat.

Good
    - I like opening with Becky and that it got a good pop instead of some old twat with nothing to say being the first thing you see. And despite my gripes with with Jezza winning KOTR I suppose it's good to have your spoiler heel trying to do his job. And at least given the show it made sense to bring the Rock back.

- I really like the new Smackdown set!

- A two-man booth, even one with Vince bawling down their ears, is just so much better.

- Erin Andrews was actually allowed to show some personality when interviewing the New Day and it made such a difference. I don't know why they don't let people who aren't Renee also do that. And she also didn't have to go "my guests joining me at this time" or whatever.

- Oh look, Shane did one of his three moves. The match was timed and laid out pretty much perfectly though and it was a good pop for KO winnin

Not so much
    - Sadly, the Rock just not being as funny as he used to be hasn't been news for a long time (when WAS the last time he was particularly funny in a WWE promo? The STD stuff and laboured "it doesn't matter what you think" set up were dire) and as ever, if you're going to bring him back to dump on somehbody why do it to somebody you are, in theory, pushing?

- Why is Bayley tapping so easy? I know it's only TV but still. (If, because Fox is sportsy, they're going for a more 'realistic' approach to submissions I get that but I suspect that's not happening. And the match that preceded it was.... fine? Ish?

- More of the same from Funhouse / the Fiend. Almost worth it for that picture of the Fox execs at the show looking entirely baffled by it, though.

- Why have Rollins and Nakamura go so short? Given they weren't letting their, ahem, main champion do anything later on why not have this be their tone-setter? Also Fiend lobbing him off the stage loses the impact somewhat when the lights are down and no fucker can see it happening.

- Please don't be setting up some Boatman / Fury nonsense. That whole 8 man tag match was a waste of time also. it is funny how numerous and prepared WWE security staff are though when they know somebody's going to "rush" the ring compared to when some dickhead just does it and the wrestlers have to deal with it.

- Lumberjack matches are shit and this was no different.

- Usual WWE-booking-Lesnar moans here. Kofi's reign had run its course and I understand putting the title on Brock even if absentee champions are entirely boring but I don't see why your babyface whose whole shtick is overcoming the odds had to be made to look quite such a mug. Who does it benefit other than Brock's time/earnings ratio? Kofi's been beating everybody clean so once again it's just making your entire roster look a distance below the champion and then you have to build somebody up to look capable enough.

- Oh wait, no, we're just doing UFC matches now instead? Cool. So it's just the industry itself you're belittling en masse rather than merely your own roster. It's also lol that Rey Mysterio, one of their big historic names and has been built up as finding ways to beat much bigger men over the years, doesn't even TRY to take on Lesnar himself (even if he gets splattered.)

So yeah, maybe I'm just a grumpy twat.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cain angle is just weird. They wont do it but ideally Walter should eventually get the rub off a Lesner win down the track.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even realise they'd got it in the end. Is that a repeat? And if not is it a cut version of the show because of the time of day?
    Its been on the ITV hub for a few days but this is the first time it’s “aired.”

For some reason it was fine to show Jericho using chairs but it wouldn’t even show either of the women getting so much as a stomp in the women’s match. Ridiculous. Either paused, skipped past, or showed the crowd.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about time SOMEBODY thought of the children.

I'm now watching NXT and it's dawning on me that maybe I'm just not that fond of Adam Cole's ring work. At the points where the match with Riddle, who I normally like a lot, descending into move-trading, indieriffic no sell marathons I felt much the same as I did when not enjoying his matches against Gargano where I had enjoy Gargano against Ciampa, Andrade, etc.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we’re seeing Moxley drop Omega through a glass table - sure that’s fine. Can’t see Rico double foot stomp Nyla Rose though cos that’d be bad.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about time SOMEBODY thought of the children.

I'm now watching NXT and it's dawning on me that maybe I'm just not that fond of Adam Cole's ring work. At the points where the match with Riddle, who I normally like a lot, descending into move-trading, indieriffic no sell marathons I felt much the same as I did when not enjoying his matches against Gargano where I had enjoy Gargano against Ciampa, Andrade, etc.
    Sounds like Adam Cole overdoes the PWG style?