User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 16

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    115k, which was the cheapest available.

I'm torn on whether to get Hummels or Sokratis next. Both look excellent, but Hummels' high attacking work rate might swing it against him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All plans to buy anyone else have been suspended with the news that there'll be an IF Calhanoglu tonight.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. I'd have considered fitting him into my Turkish league side John, but with Sneijder there's probably not much point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started some Pro Clubs tonight, our 'keeper was a wanker sadly.

Face in the game though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creepy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Oof. I'd have considered fitting him into my Turkish league side John, but with Sneijder there's probably not much point.
    I've sold Boateng to bring him in. Boateng was a hero, but having one centre back worth the same as the rest of the side combined didn't seem like as good a use of coins as IF Calhanoglu and Philip Lahm as a replacement for Luiz Gustavo. I managed to get Sokratis with the leftover coins so while I've lost the best defender in the game, the side as a whole is looking better for it.

leedsrevolution
    Lahm is irreplaceable for me. Nothing stand out but seems to be always on the ball. Sounds like you made some decent signings.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodbye Division 6.......

.......hello Division 7 again.

It all started so well. First three games I thumped a guy four-nil, followed by a couple of draws that we really should have won. We then embarked on a fucking six game exercise in complete incompetence that resulted in just ONE further point. Disappointing times gentlemen.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I needed 4 points from 4 games to get promoted to div 4 then i played a couple of games a bit pissed, and one a bit hungover and lost all of them. Idiot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've fallen foul of playing it pissed on a few occasions. Never a good idea.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself and a mate often play Ultimate Team together with a few beers, and there's a sweet spot between about four and seven beers where we tend to win every game about 5-0 in ridiculous style. Before that it's normal play and 2-1 results either way, after that it quickly goes to shit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There really is something to be said about FIFA ability after having a few.

@Luca and I had drank a few and probably smoked a bit too and played a game so beautiful I doubt either of us will ever forget it.

After dicking around with the stock Bronze players I've got my first proper side, gone for the cheap as chips Serie A team. De Jong is fucking amazing, seems to want to be both my CDM and CAM in a 4-3-3 and just seems to pop up everywhere winning tackles against opposition players at the top of the pitch. Nutcase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The memory of Christmas Eve beers and FIFA brings a tear to an eye this day.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post

@Luca and I had drank a few and probably smoked a bit too and played a game so beautiful I doubt either of us will ever forget it.

After dicking around with the stock Bronze players I've got my first proper side, gone for the cheap as chips Serie A team. De Jong is fucking amazing, seems to want to be both my CDM and CAM in a 4-3-3 and just seems to pop up everywhere winning tackles against opposition players at the top of the pitch. Nutcase.
    Gary Medel is amazing for that system. I think he has 88 physical, so he just bulldozes around the pitch smashing everything in sight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wanting to switch it around at CDM a bit in my Serie A team, so I might give both of those lads a shot. I've got Khedira as the obvious first choice at the minute but, for whatever reason, I get almost nothing out of him. I keep giving him games but it's just not clicking.

Valdifiori, who cost about 400 coins and who I've had since day one, always seems to massively outperform him when I play him instead.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously considering doing a cheap little Saudi/ALJ league side just so I can use that new IF striker Al Sahlawi. 84 positioning, 88 finishing, 84 heading, 95 jumping. He'd be delightful at the point of a 4-3-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quick drop in game of Pro Clubs with some randoms, managed to nab the striker spot and scored two late goals to win the game 2-1, what a feeling

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post

@Samadini and I together, while both being average FIFA players relative to the very best, would have won a global tournament on that night's form.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is up with the soft penalties on this? I'm giving them away without even pressing the tackle button.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a fucking clue what draft is, but I had a token, so I've used it. Should I be excited by this, or will everyone get that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ended up with that, seems weird to leave Neymar on the bench.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just read up on it and found I had the option to do this single player and coast my way to rewards, instead of losing online.

Buggernuts.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get to use that side for four games maximum, so there's little point in getting excited about it. If you win all four games you'll get some tasty prizes though, so it's still nice to get a top side.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why's Ronaldo not got a picture?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the rewards offline are a bit shit I think.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lahm is out. Too weak to shine as a defensive midfielder, and I quickly realised that Vidal was about the same price.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost the draft in the first round.

The guy I was up against was pretty good, but he equalized in the 86th minute, then I hit the woodwork 4 times in extra time and then lost on penalties, without having a clue how to take them properly, or indeed save them, as I went the right way almost every time.

There a no words to describe the seethe as I received Akinfeev on loan for 7 games as a reward.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the premium players pack like an absolute mug, 12 rare gold players. Got fucking Jimmy Rodriguez didn't I.

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Just got the premium players pack like an absolute mug, 12 rare gold players. Got fucking Jimmy Rodriguez didn't I.
    How much is he worth?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about 60-70k actually so not amazing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Monday, another sum total of fuck all worthwhile in the two packs the super-deluxe-special-edition (or whatever) version gets me on a weekly basis.

I have amassed about 100k coins though. I'm stuck in two minds between blowing half of it on Chiellini at the back (and maybe the rest on Buffon in net) or holding out and saving up for Pogba, who is going to set me back 200k easily.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recently started using the "switch to receiver" option for corners. Fuck knows why I wasn't doing that before. I scored more goals from corners in the first few hours using it than I had in the previous however many weeks of gameplay.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up to 220k now, but I'm saving for a legend. Might get Sol Campbell, if only to fuck with my spurs supporting mate when I play him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Legends bollocks would probably put me off if I had an XBox. It's just another twenty or so players to put in the Messaldo box of toys that you'll never get to play with but those with enough time to spend trading all day for miniscule profits per trade or credit cards with 'Platinum in the name will use to savage your arse.

You're just about saved on the PS by the fact that anyone with Ronaldo in their team and any regard for chemistry needs to have either the rubbish Benzema or the very managable Suarez in their side. Messi can end up alongside Aguero, which is a problem, but it's not impossible to deal with.

Fuck coming up against some twat with Pele, George Best, and peak Robert Pires all dancing around on full chemistry.

leedsrevolution
    I'm extremely happy PS doesn't have legends. It would fucking infuriate me.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That Legends bollocks would probably put me off if I had an XBox. It's just another twenty or so players to put in the Messaldo box of toys that you'll never get to play with but those with enough time to spend trading all day for miniscule profits per trade or credit cards with 'Platinum in the name will use to savage your arse.

You're just about saved on the PS by the fact that anyone with Ronaldo in their team and any regard for chemistry needs to have either the rubbish Benzema or the very managable Suarez in their side. Messi can end up alongside Aguero, which is a problem, but it's not impossible to deal with.

Fuck coming up against some twat with Pele, George Best, and peak Robert Pires all dancing around on full chemistry.
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    I'm extremely happy PS doesn't have legends. It would fucking infuriate me.

I dunno, there's loads of pretty affordable legends, e.g. 200-500k ish. I can't see why me getting De Boer, who I could afford right now, would be inherently more annoying than getting a comparably priced non-legend player.

The number of twats with Pele, Best etc will be scarce enough to not be an issue either.

Nope, don't really understand the objection at all, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't object to it, I just think sticking a load of players who for the purposes of the game might aswell be fictional into the running kills it a bit. I think I've played about sixty or so games online so far this year and can immediately think of three times I've come up against Messi or Ronaldo. That's five percent of the time. Multiply the number of game breaking super players by six and you're playing against one of them every five games.

I'm sure it doesn't actually work that way, with superteams being matched against eachother rather than your little Turkish team or my Huntelaar fueled Bundesliga enterprise, but it's still an extra load of players I'll never use and who don't exist as players now being thrown into a game full of players they're obviously better than.

The game as it stands has four players rated ninety or above. Include the legends and that's eighteen, fourteen of whom do not play football.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't object to it, I just think sticking a load of players who for the purposes of the game might aswell be fictional into the running kills it a bit. I think I've played about sixty or so games online so far this year and can immediately think of three times I've come up against Messi or Ronaldo. That's five percent of the time. Multiply the number of game breaking super players by six and you're playing against one of them every five games.

I'm sure it doesn't actually work that way, with superteams being matched against eachother rather than your little Turkish team or my Huntelaar fueled Bundesliga enterprise, but it's still an extra load of players I'll never use and who don't exist as players now being thrown into a game full of players they're obviously better than.

The game as it stands has four players rated ninety or above. Include the legends and that's eighteen, fourteen of whom do not play football.
    I see where you're coming from, for sure. I guess it depends how 'realistic' you want ultimate team to be. Personally, I'm not that fussed.

The bold bit is a bit of a stretch though, having x times more insanely expensive players doesn't mean you'll play against people with them x times more often.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which I made reference to myself in the following line.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't mean because of the matchmaking - I just doubt that there will be 5 times more teams with super-players in general, due to the insanely low chance of them being in packs etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not what you said, but fair enough.

Are they significantly more rare than Ronaldo/Messi? If not, why wouldn't their existence boost the number of people getting packs with superplayers in them?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they significantly more rare than Ronaldo/Messi? If not, why wouldn't their existence boost the number of people getting packs with superplayers in them?
    Yeah, sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Just looked on the transfer market, admittedly not the most scientific method, and there were about 40 messis, 40 ronaldos, 50 suarezes, 60 neymars, 10 van bastens, 7 nistlerooys, 7 stoichkovs, 6 bests and no peles at all, which would suggest they are quite a lot rarer. So yeah, i reckon the number of game-breakingly good players on xbox will be higher than ps, but not enough to guarantee controllers through screens. About 50% more would be my guess. A lot of the legends aren't that great anyway.

Personally, I've only played a handful of high rated normal players, and no legends (except for ones who were clearly the ones you get on loan for a couple of games if you bought the game from certain places, as they were in div 10 when I just started).

leedsrevolution
    I think infuriating was probably a bit strong on my part to be fair. I'm suprised you didn't like Lahm john he's done brilliantly for my midfield three. What's your thoughts on Vidal so far? I'm tempted to replace Thiago with him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the play like on Seasons this year? Are there any annoying exploits like the chip through balls?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure on the exact rarity of them (the legends) but I must have played 100 games by now and I can only remember coming up against one guy using a legend card.

It was Shevchenko, and he absolutely pummelled me with him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    I think infuriating was probably a bit strong on my part to be fair. I'm suprised you didn't like Lahm john he's done brilliantly for my midfield three. What's your thoughts on Vidal so far? I'm tempted to replace Thiago with him.
    I haven't played it again since buying him, but I used him on loan in the beginning and he was shit hot, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get used to having that dynamism again after playing with Luiz Gustavo for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm not sure on the exact rarity of them (the legends) but I must have played 100 games by now and I can only remember coming up against one guy using a legend card.

It was Shevchenko, and he absolutely pummelled me with him.
    Presumably most people who get them sell them on, just like most of the people who get a Messi or Ronaldo. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to sell either if I got them in a pack, and there's not a fucking chance I'd be building my side round 150k Robbie Fowler and his 81 finishing if I was on XBox.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my Ligue 1-team.

Fekir - Beauvue
    Moutinho
    Ntep - Hamouma
    Gonalons
    Kurzawa - Marquinhos - Perrin - Aurier
    Ruffier

I need Lacazette, and maybe an IF Ben Arfa because Moutinho has his limitations as a CAM. After that, Matuidi looks a good shout, and then it's on to the top PSG-stuff.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the gameplay sliders down to a tee now, I think. Finished my second season with Liverpool. We finished 2nd and I managed to get Benteke to 22 goals, which is 9 more than my highest goalscorer last season. From a user perspective the gameplay feels decent now, and it's possible to get some very nice link-up play between the midfielders and strikers. The AI's gameplay is still atrocious, however. The composure and footwork of their keepers is especially stupid.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pussied out and built a Sere A side instead. It is pretty good.