User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 16

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's taking me a while to get into this. And by "into" this I mean "get good at". Well, not good even. Just competitive really.

I've sacked off my Premier League based FUT team, half in a fit of rage and half down to them being a a complete set of fucking talentless cunts (OK, so maybe completely in a fit of rage) in favour of a Serie A team. I think I can build something better. You seem to be able to get more for less, their prices don't seem as over-inflated as Premier League players do. Obviously anybody legitimately world class still costs a silly amount of coins, but your high 70s/low 80s lot seem way more affordable.

Pace definitely doesn't seem to be the huge deal that it was last time around. So I'm trying to develop a bit of a passing team that can go through the middle instead. This is also down to the fact I used to like to play down the wing and stick a big man in the box, but I'm having nowhere near as much joy crossing the ball this time around.

Defending is maybe a little bit better, but I'm still prone to fairly regular instances of the back four looking like they belong in a Benny Hill sketch. This is very possibly just because I'm shit though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm coming to this from FIFA 12 and I'm absolutely shit. Can't defend and no idea how to dribble and not particularly good at shooting.

Won my first game online 2-0.

wot

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it's a case of everyone I play being as shit, or worse than me, but every game I've played so far has been boring as fuck. Just played out two 0-0s and quit the game.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't defend for shit online. I'm 0-0-5 in division 10. They just do their shitty little dribbles and either I'm R2-ing and am therefore 10 feet away, or I'm not and they're past me. I try to do the L2-jocket but it really isn't working for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's close to unplayable in its current form. I've always preferred technically gifted players over physical ones and a passing game over route one, find the Remy wankball, so theoretically this game should be perfect for me. They've managed to balls up just about every facet of the game in some way though, so it's just a mess.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The passing is horrific. Skills are so ineffective as well. ffs

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much how I feel about it and why I bought the game, really thought it was geared towards my style of play, but it just plays shit.

Loaded it up after work today and couldn't be bothered actually playing a match.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found it fine. Takes a bit of adjusting to, but I enjoy the general gameplay much more.

You need to get used to using driven passes vs. normal passes.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm winning matches okay, scoring some lovely goals along the way, but that's down to spotting when it's about to shit itself and making adjustments. I've finished my last few games with a passing accuracy of 90%, which is unprecedented on Ultimate Team. I don't think it's shit because I'm shit at it or haven't adjusted, it's shit because it's shit.

It's too easy to nick the ball away from behind, the players are hilariously unresponsive when dribbling, they haven't nerfed pace to anywhere near the extent they have to for the new passing stuff to shine, players hoof the ball out of play far too violently if you attempt a pass they can't pull off, goalkeepers are all still Manuel Neuer in rocket boots, the defence pushes up at the most incongruous of times, and it's much too easy to give away penalties.

The little slide tackle recovery thing is lovely though, so if they can fix the rest without taking that away they might have a game on their hands.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more issues, one of which concerns a specific claim made in the publicity.

Transfers have been tweaked to make the number of big players moving in each window, and the fees involved, more realistic. I started a career mode with Gladbach and Neuer went to Barcelona for thirty five million, which Bayern then spent on buying Gareth Bale. They didn't supplement that, they signed Bale for thirty five million. So much for that claim.

The 'training' thing is fucked, as is the interface between that and the 'squad report' screen which shows how your other players are developing. I'd trained Thorgan Hazard up to an 89 for vision, and an 87 short passing, but while the squad report showed the attributes correctly, it showed both of those as a one point increase, when the passing was a nine point increase, and I forget what his vision starts at but I suspect the increase would be the same. He then picked up an injury, and when I put him back into training afterwards his passing had dropped to 81, and the squad report screen was still showing it as a one point increase.

The game is fucking broken. Have they hired some of the FM team when I wasn't looking?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfers are still nonsense. I'm not sure why they'd even bother claiming they're changed. Still just Numberwang bullshit.

I got Niang sold out from under me because he was 'unsettled' about the country he'd been living in for three years.

Training is totally haphazard as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Career mode has been borked since 14, and will probably remain so. New additions are always superficial at best. Don't even get me started on the text colour for the news items. How can a designer implement that, look at it in testing and think 'yep, you did good'?

AI is ridiculous. I'm playing on world class, and I'm doing fine, but all my games are 1-0, 0-0. I can defend for days, but it doesn't matter how many chances I create I just can't score very many goals. Has anyone scored from a corner yet? It's near impossible, the goalkeeper just comes to claim it 90% of the time.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have but only by chipping it to the man on the edge and volleying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like I should wait a while before buying it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought it anyway.

Installing now on the computer, will report back with the disappointment. Anyone on the PC play here? I do enjoy some pro-clubs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    Career mode has been borked since 14, and will probably remain so. New additions are always superficial at best. Don't even get me started on the text colour for the news items. How can a designer implement that, look at it in testing and think 'yep, you did good'?

AI is ridiculous. I'm playing on world class, and I'm doing fine, but all my games are 1-0, 0-0. I can defend for days, but it doesn't matter how many chances I create I just can't score very many goals. Has anyone scored from a corner yet? It's near impossible, the goalkeeper just comes to claim it 90% of the time.
    Nope. I've abandoned crossing altogether in fact. I swapped the formation out on Ultimate Team to remove wingers from the equation completely, because it was just proving to be a massive waste of time.

I am steadily getting better though, after a pretty bleak run of seemingly not being to to win anything. The dizzying heights of division 7 are up next.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Bought it anyway.

Installing now on the computer, will report back with the disappointment. Anyone on the PC play here? I do enjoy some pro-clubs.
    I did a few years ago but no one seemed interested back in the day. I've decided FIFA is shit and not worth the money since.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a dreadful franchise.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it on PC Benny.

Bought it about a week ago and have played it twice. Not even been close to playing it again. Will probably give it more of a bash when I move, but I can't say I particularly like the game so far.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've scored a few corners through pressing the finesse button whilst crossing.

Its fucking awful though. I can't take it seriously when the passing can go from one extreme to the other whilst doing the exact same power - it'll just smash out of play or have no power whatsoever. Finishing is fairly easy, but creating chances, online anyway, is fucking tough. Skills are rendered useless as is dribbling your way past folk

edit: and its not the standard of player, because I was playing with Messi, IF Ronaldo and Hazard to name a few, on that draft thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    I bought it on PC Benny.

Bought it about a week ago and have played it twice. Not even been close to playing it again. Will probably give it more of a bash when I move, but I can't say I particularly like the game so far.
    If you fancy pro clubs, give me a shout, or co-op online seasons

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a 300mb update for PS4 tonight which seems to have solved most of the gameplay issues.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find you need to aim corners miles away from the keeper to get any chance at connecting with them

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you fancy pro clubs, give me a shout, or co-op online seasons
    I'm up for that. Will have time this weekend.

Agreed on corners, just whip them miles away from the keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, I'll give you a shout when I'm about but should be around at some point for some.

My first impressions:

Seems slower than I remember, defending is a bit of a nightmare but I haven't really played enough to learn how to do it. I started a Be A Pro career game, playing as myself at Leyton Orient (No.10). The game expectations are a bit mental though, in my first league game I was expected to score three goals and have a 9.1 rating, how is that realistic?

Lost my first online game, had 19 shots to his 7 and he scored two, I just could not find the back of the net whatsoever. Was seething after that, the guy was shit but I just couldn't score. Pace is nerfed, that's for certain, but not in a good way. I was putting players through who should be miles quicker but the opposition defenders managed to catch up everytime.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone doing a career mode, buy Jesus Vellejo. I've had him a season, he's twenty, and he has ninety plus for all the important defensive stats.

There's a young defender called St Juste who seems excellent aswell, with eighty five pace after six months out on loan.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, I'll give you a shout when I'm about but should be around at some point for some.

My first impressions:

Seems slower than I remember, defending is a bit of a nightmare but I haven't really played enough to learn how to do it. I started a Be A Pro career game, playing as myself at Leyton Orient (No.10). The game expectations are a bit mental though, in my first league game I was expected to score three goals and have a 9.1 rating, how is that realistic?

Lost my first online game, had 19 shots to his 7 and he scored two, I just could not find the back of the net whatsoever. Was seething after that, the guy was shit but I just couldn't score. Pace is nerfed, that's for certain, but not in a good way. I was putting players through who should be miles quicker but the opposition defenders managed to catch up everytime.
    If you have clear space to run into just knock the ball ahead and you should streak cleak. The combined effect of a defender hanging on and the pace decrease from dribbling are to blame there.

You can still whizz away from a defence, you just have to make the effort to actually build a move that opens the space rather getting in behind with aimless hoofs over the top.

leedsrevolution
    I found the game tricky at first but now I'm winning most games, sailed into division 5 for UT. To get a decent cross in you just need to do it a lot earlier than in previous versions, finesse crosses are okay and special (L2 for PS4) headers seem to also be effective. I've only had 1 person score from kick off against me which is nice.

I still find passing and keeping possession tricky but scoring goals seems fine.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passing is a piece of piss with the update, as long as you're not trying elaborate hooked through balls with your crunchy defensive midfielder. Play your passes somewhere in about a 150 degree cone in the direction your player is facing and as long as they're not hopeless they should find their mark more often than not.

The expanded player value brackets meant I could do a bit of trading and build up some coins so I have a fairly good side considering how long the game has been out.

GK - Yann Sommer
    DR - Daniel Opare
    DL - Riccardo Rodriguez
    DC - Kyriakos Papadopoulos
    DC - Sebastian Langkamp
    DMC - Luiz Gustavo
    MR - Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    ML - Andre Schurrle
    AMC - Hakan Calhanoglu
    ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    ST - Thomas Muller

Rodriguez firing crosses from deep into the back post for Muller is a great goal generator.

The centre of defence is a bit weak but I have 90k at the moment an I'm saving for the 120k Boateng. Once he's in I'll go for Hummels and the long road to Lewandowski begins.

What teams are you all using?

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Passing is a piece of piss with the update, as long as you're not trying elaborate hooked through balls with your crunchy defensive midfielder. Play your passes somewhere in about a 150 degree cone in the direction your player is facing and as long as they're not hopeless they should find their mark more often than not.

The expanded player value brackets meant I could do a bit of trading and build up some coins so I have a fairly good side considering how long the game has been out.

GK - Yann Sommer
    DR - Daniel Opare
    DL - Riccardo Rodriguez
    DC - Kyriakos Papadopoulos
    DC - Sebastian Langkamp
    DMC - Luiz Gustavo
    MR - Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    ML - Andre Schurrle
    AMC - Hakan Calhanoglu
    ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    ST - Thomas Muller

Rodriguez firing crosses from deep into the back post for Muller is a great goal generator.

The centre of defence is a bit weak but I have 90k at the moment an I'm saving for the 120k Boateng. Once he's in I'll go for Hummels and the long road to Lewandowski begins.

What teams are you all using?
    I also have a German team. Invested £50 packs but got some decent people so I'm not going to have to put any more money in.

GK - Yann Sommer

RB - Piszczek
    CB - Subotic
    CB - Benatia
    LB - Bernat

CM - Kroos
    CM - Lahm
    CM - Thiago

AMC - Gotze
    ST - Muller
    ST - Aubameyang

I'm finding the game easier and easier the more I'm playing. People still trying to score from kick off () and constant hoof ball instead of a patient passing play. Ultimately, just people not adapting from 15.

Gotze is an absolute machine (even though he's usually dead after 60 minutes) and so is Muller. Bernat at LB is probably my favourite signing cost about 900 coins and been incredibly good.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    I also have a German team. Invested £50 packs but got some decent people so I'm not going to have to put any more money in.

GK - Yann Sommer

RB - Piszczek
    CB - Subotic
    CB - Benatia
    LB - Bernat

CM - Kroos
    CM - Lahm
    CM - Thiago

AMC - Gotze
    ST - Muller
    ST - Aubameyang

I'm finding the game easier and easier the more I'm playing. People still trying to score from kick off () and constant hoof ball instead of a patient passing play. Ultimately, just people not adapting from 15.

Gotze is an absolute machine (even though he's usually dead after 60 minutes) and so is Muller. Bernat at LB is probably my favourite signing cost about 900 coins and been incredibly good.
    Yeah I've noticed somone trying, or expecting you to try an old 15 trick in just about every game I've played. I just whip the ball out to Mkhitaryan every time from kick off, because everyone still seems to expect an immediate run from the striker so he always has about thirty yards to run into. They'll try to run from kick off, lump it over the defence when you have a covering defender, try to whizz past you in possession with Remy, or shot feint their way through an entire defence. And the best thing is they don't seem to learn over the course of the game, presumably thinking you're just good at defending it and will lapse at some point.

I can't recommend Calhanoglu enough. His dribbling is good enough to get by, his passing his spot on, his long shots are absolutely perfect, and his free kicks are joyous. I've spanked them in from forty yards plus with him. Working from memory, he has 95 FK Accuracy, 93 shot power, and 87 curve, so there are few places in the opposition half where a free kick isn't a penalty once you're used to him. Generally a 78 rated nobody in such an important position would be the first player I upgraded, but I think he's here to stay for as long as I have this team.

I had Benatia briefly but he didn't seem up to much and certainly not worth the 19k I think he cost. Langkamp has actually been better for me. Obviously not as good on the ball so I pop it out wide or in to Gustavo the minute it comes to him, but defensively he's a rock.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still with the Serie A/Italian team.

GK - Mattia Perin

LB - Faouzi Ghoulam
    CB - Miranda
    CB - Kostas Manolas
    RB - Ignazio Abate

CDM - Sami Khedira
    CM - Borja Valero
    CM - Riccardo Montolivo
    CAM - Francesco Totti

ST - Carlos Bacca
    ST - Jose Callejon

Bacca is definitely the best signing I've made. Very consistent goalscorer. He doesn't really have a steady strike partner though, I'm always changing it. Callejon is getting a run at the minute, converted him from CAM to play up top instead. He's just quick, basically. Higuain would be the obvious man to go for, but I'm not sure I want to splash out about 30k coins on him.

I was playing Pirlo in the middle for a long time but I've just recently dropped him. His passing stat is (I believe) the highest in the game, but the lack of pace and physicality meant you just couldn't get him any space to operate, so he's out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pissing around on the draft the other night and got both IF Bacca and IF Insigne. Insigne is outrageously good, so if you switch to the standard 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-3, perhaps your best bet if you can only find one consistent striker, he's your man.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kept getting a bunch spanish players in my packs so I have an all spanish team.

GK Adrian
    RB Coke
    CB Marcano
    CB Galves
    LB Bernat
    MR Susaeta
    MC Illaramendi
    MC Roberto
    ML Jurado
    ST Llorente
    ST Aspas

Nothing fancy, best player I've got from a pack is Parolo 81.
    Total noob on FUT as this is the first time I'm playing it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I was pissing around on the draft the other night and got both IF Bacca and IF Insigne. Insigne is outrageously good, so if you switch to the standard 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-3, perhaps your best bet if you can only find one consistent striker, he's your man.
    Aye, not a bad shout. I might need to tinker around with the formation a bit soon. I do find I struggle to create chances without two up front though. Callejon has remained the preferred striker partner for the time being. I've had Balotelli since the beginning almost, but I struggle to get anything out of him.

Anyway, I've just made it to Division 6 and bought Higuain as a promotion present to myself, so we'll see how that goes.

I also picked up Nainggolan. He set us back about 22k coins but he is a bit of a monster, and he's helped massively in getting out of Division 7.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nainggolan does look absolutely shit hot. He's basically taken Vidal's place in that league.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finding my Turkish team no worse than last year - Emenike is gone, but Yilmaz is a bit of a beast. He's quick, strong, tall and a good finisher. For some reason I always assumed he was a bit short, else I'd have used him last year. Idiot.

Sneijder is obviously still amazing.

I'm finding that draft thing a bit compulsive, done it a good 5 times or so...EA make their money from mugs like me. Still, I've got a good 70k saved now, due to the cheapness of Turkish league players. So tempting to spunk it, but I'm going to try to just hoard the coins until I can afford a legend or something. With the exception of getting the Turkish league TOW players.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've won a couple of Online drafts now and had the likes of Matic and Pedro in the rewarded packs, but I've sold both in the continued search for an IF. It's not happening, but I'd have loved this weeks Hero/purple IF Aguero.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update has made this far more playable.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did my first paid for online draft. Went 3-5-2 and got a pretty nice team together:

Begovic
    Three randoms
    Bale - Gonalons - IF Payet - Schneiderlin - IF Alexis
    Benzema - Martinez

Watch me crash and burn in the first round now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a 'paid for' draft work?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How does a 'paid for' draft work?
    You either spend a couple of quid or fifteen thousand in-game coins to enter. You're then offered a choice of formations, then a choice of one of five 'top' players to be your captain. Once that's done the game goes through each position, offering you a choice of one of five players for each position. You might get Messi, you might get Donald Dickhead. You then enter your team against other people's teams, chosen the same way, in a four game knockout tournament. Go out in the first round and you get a pack or two. Win the thing and you get prizes worth far more than you paid to enter.

It's essentially EA devising a new way of fleecing people.

Not nearly as cunning as what Sony have been up to, though, in adding the ability to put money into your PSN wallet by sending a text, thus adding the ten or twenty quid to your phone bill for that month. Someone will be getting hit with a three grand phone bill before long thanks to that one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else find they give away infuriatingly soft penalties on this? I'm becoming pretty reluctant to apply any sort of defensive pressure in the box.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think penalty decisions are the best they've been in about three years, at least since the update was applied. Initially it was exactly the same as last year, press tackle in any position other than directly in front of an onrushing player with the ball a yard in front of them and you're giving away a penalty. Get the ball then the player? Penalty. Get the ball and have the player trip over your prone player once it's ten yards away? Penalty. Since the update I've given away one penalty, and it was a stonewaller.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only frustration I have is how easily attacker regain the ball after losing it. Agility goes out of the window and often you're left in a worse place when winning the ball in the final third.

Otherwise, really enjoying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found some bloke on Reddit to play PC Pro Clubs with, played about 15 games back to back last night with him, great fun so far and there's far less nobs on the PC version than consoles, unsurprisingly.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the invite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join mate, you should see the club I'm in on the pro club menus, you don't need a password or anything.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerome Boateng is a fucking wall.

leedsrevolution
    How much did he cost you? I got Hummels whose been a decent addition. TOTW Kagawa is a nice player as well.

Sailing into division 4 currently.