User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote in 2024?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

0 0%
  • Labour

13 72.22%
  • Lib Dems

2 11.11%
  • Green

0 0%
  • Reform

1 5.56%
  • SNP

1 5.56%
  • Some Celtic fringe joke party

0 0%
  • Other

1 5.56%

Thread: General Election 2024: Gone on the 4th of July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the binning off NICs for the self-employed was a desperate pitch to get white van man back from Reform, while knowing they'll never have to actually implement it.

Private school VAT would be a good way of fucking up private schools if you wanted to do that, because it would take out all of the people who can currently only just afford it and restrict it to the freako rich.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Private school VAT would be a good way of fucking up private schools if you wanted to do that, because it would take out all of the people who can currently only just afford it and restrict it to the freako rich.
    Maybe they should have a floor for when VAT becomes payable, to catch the big name players charging 50k a year or whatever, but not so much the weird little independent schools teaching orthodox Jews, or, no wait, let's just lump them all in together.

I'm always struck when I see those little independent schools which look no bigger than a house and wonder who would send their children there? Special children, obviously.