User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are City just going to win all the trophies again?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably. Bring on the Euros.

4 50.00%
  • No, the Simms-Wright combo will be too much for City to handle.

1 12.50%
  • No, but for some reason less likely than Coventry beating them in an FA Cup final.

0 0%
  • Doesn't matter, Klopp leaving ensures it will be About Liverpool anyway.

2 25.00%
  • Turtle(neck being worn by a bald bore.)

1 12.50%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 1,051 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: April Football: Men Getting Hit By Football

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    In other news I think this is such a perfect indicator of how fucked 'the discourse' is when you've got people pretending to have opposing opinions to farm engagement for money.

Why do people like that weirdo, sometimes he comes up in my YouTube shorts and I'm always baffled. With some of the loud shouty morons you just accept they have a young audience and it's cus children are stupid, but he obviously hasn't even got that going for him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    If they do win this season it'll be 6 years out of the last 7 and the first time a team has won four in a row in the history of English football. The one they didn't win, Liverpool got 99 points. It's a level of dominance we haven't ever seen before and it's simply not going to stop while Pep's in charge.
    Even if he goes though the base is there.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but we can all see that they have cheated their way through FFP and even now I struggle to see how a club who routinely can’t sell out their stadium can make more in commercial revenue than United. Even if it isn’t still ongoing the only way they have got to where they are is by breaking the rules for several years in the first place.

By doing that they have been able to basically write off £50 million players if they haven’t worked out. No one else in the league can do that, Liverpool needed basically every transfer to come off for 3 summers to challenge them as well as a top class manager. Arsenal the same, City don’t have that same issue spend £50 million on a defender like Cancelo and Pep doesn’t like him anymore fine bomb him out.

The thought of a luxury tax which you have to pay if you exceed the caps rather than points deductions will just play into their hands further. Ditto Newcastle the league is only going one way and all this shite about the league being the most competitive in the world will start to wear off once it becomes obvious it’s turning into the German or French league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City will come back to the field once Pep goes.

His coaching elevates the baked in advantage money gives them to another level. That their major money rivals, United and Chelsea, have been run by absolute spastics over the same period has obviously helped, but both Pep, and rival incompetence won't last forever.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think any reasonably good manager could win the league with the current City squad/set-up. They should really have won at least one more Champions' League out of the last few as well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing that one to Tuchel's Chelsea was embarrassing. Didn't lay a glove on us in the game either.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That champions league run was utterly dominant. Kante with the highest peak you can get in football without being involved in goals against Atletico, Real and City

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thiago Silva is leaving Chelsea.

Who is Waff going to blame when Pochettino gets the sack, Silva is gone and they are still dogshit?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure Waff will be blaming anyone when Smallpockets gets the bullet, he'll be too busy parading through the streets of Dundee like a modern day Lady Godiva.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Amorim is flapping. If word is to be believed, once Alonso ruled himself out of the Liverpool job he saw himself as our only option. He then upped his price significantly(he wanted huge wages and a big signing bonus). Liverpool then backed off, as it would have cost them some £30m or so to get him and his staff in. He's then very publicly gone and flown over for talks with West 'am to try and get us to budge but we haven't.

We've opted for Arne Slot and his staff who are costing well below £10m to bring in. Amorim is now having to go and plead forgiveness from Sporting and could end up out of a job there because of it too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never see the point of that kind of greed (unless he's a Mendes client and Mendes didn't want him at Liverpool for political reasons). Once you've been Liverpool manager then even if you are a disaster and get sacked in October, the worst case scenario is you can live off it for a decade and earn £ managing in the UAE or wherever.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last bit does sound a bit farfetched though. I get that tensions might be higher than usual, but he got them their first league title in 20-odd years and is well on course for a second one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely sounds like a pro-Liverpool spin on whatever has gone on.

Couldn't blame him for trying to manouevre into a Potter-esque retirement situation when it all inevitably blows up in his [or now Arne's] face.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would be let go from sporting even be a big issue? Surely he’d have more option open up with a release clause being triggered

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm counting on Amorim going somewhere with more money than sense and insisting they break the bank to take Gyokeres with him, the sell-on will fund us for the next two years.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see Arsenal buying him for 65-70m

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is bored, this is a good game... a looks like it could kick off later on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five times the lowest amount of TV revenue doesn't sound like a particularly 'sustainable' model although I suppose it is better than something tethered to individual revenues.