User Tag List

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jude Bellingham Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jude Bellingham Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Leicester have just confirmed the signing of Suphanat Muenta from Buriram, a player I tipped on THIS VERY FORUM back in 2019.

He'll join Leuven in Belgium until he gets a Work Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Three great young Asian's for ya.

Supahanat Mueanta

Just 16, and likely to stay in Thailand for a while yet. However, could easily be the Supat Rungratsamee. 3 in 14 for Thai giants Buriram, and named in the latest senior Thai national team, having previously scored 19 in 16 for the U16's, 4 in 6 for the U19's and 1 in 1 for the U21's.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barella seems a decent second choice if Liverpool don’t get Bellingham.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give "Milly" another year...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Aston Villa made the CL and Bellingham 'chose' them, would Birmingham unretire his number?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does have the feel of the debacle that was Eden Hazard's summer of transfer flirtations.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone fancy Gareth Barry to Liverpool?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caicedo and MacAllister are going to be the fuck you pay me characters this summer.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post

Does have the feel of the debacle that was Eden Hazard's summer of transfer flirtations.
    That was the point where I was like "Don't care how good he is don't want him to choose United."

Remember when he called a press conference.... to announce a later press conference?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to last month's rumour mill, we've been snooping about Ward-Prowse. The Maddison hunt has switched targets towards Harvey Barnes. We'll probably wind up with Oxlaide-Chamberlain.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you'll hate every second of it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was great until he died in that game against Roma, which, in many ways was the high point of the Klopp era [to date].

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was great until he died in that game against Roma, which, in many ways was the high point of the Klopp era [to date].
    I feel like the Roma game, then subsequent final loss to Madrid, combined with the loss of Buvac in the backroom staff was the thing that showed Klopp that his chaos football while entertaining wouldn't bring trophies with it.

This catastrophe of a season aside, they've been coming in steadily since.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...ives-xdf6963kn

That was incredibly predictable. Liverpool fans thinking they were in with a chance

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably join Madrid and give them 3 of the best young central kids in the world to choose from.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting of John Henry to basically declare war on his own clubs fanbase with that move.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure the idea of signing Bellingham was ever more realistic than signing Haaland or Mbappe or whoever else falls into that category. That level of transfer is the preserve of very few clubs, with a lot more leverage than 'football heritage', and it's not the way football works now. Also, Liverpool spending all their money and more on one player won't improve them sufficiently. They're never going to be a harlem globetrotter style galactico team, they need to be more savvy which is obviously quite challenging. Passable footballers are ten a penny though. Highly rated at the time Moises Caicedo cost 4.5m little over a year ago.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he celebrated a goal with Hendo.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this one has/had more realism on the players side this time. But I agree on this would have been a very untraditional Liverpool signing. The issue here has been created in a way by the club and its related journalists.

The brand message last summer seemed to be it's alright lads, we don't need a midfielder this year but next year we'll be in for Bellingham who can't move now just because of Haaland leaving Dortmund first. That then transitioned into a bid for Tchouameni, who chose Madrid in the end. Which is to be expected. But at least due diligence was done and Liverpool were in play in case Madrid somehow fucked it up. More fuel was then added to the fire with late failures in trying to secure discount targets coming out and the hurried signing of Arthur Melo(who has played what, 30 minutes this season?).
    Fans are now a bit peeved at the shit handling of a position they're been screaming had been a problem for 2 years. But it'll be okay because they're back in for Bellingham in the coming summer.

Given the biggest criticism of FSG is that they wont put their hands in their pockets for players, this decision is going to tick some people right off. LFC twitter is already in a small meltdown.
    With nothing to play for beyond giving Firmino a good send off and fans packing Naby Keitas bags for him at this point, I reckon the protests will be back with avengeance.

Especially if they go and do something braindead like announcing a 1 year extension for Milner tomorrow.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All club twitters are the same now, buy me expensive player du jour or I'll throw a wobbly. Huge difference to the matchgoing fan.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The match going fan obviously living and dying for the apology from Howard Webb the day after.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, LFC Twitter is angry. I'll fucking nonce all those teenagers' arseholes raw before their opinion is worth anything.

We'll sign Mount, Gallagher and Nunes and dominate everything. Either that or loan in Jack Cork like a proper club.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of talk down here on the South Coast about Mac Allister to Liverpool

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the asking price for Bellingham really is £130 million then I can't understand how that's expensive in this case. Not when you factor in the English Tax, his age, experience level and how good he is.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if the Bellingham deal is actually off now, they're going to be linked with every midfielder in Europe.

I think we'll see Mount in, someone like a Mac Allister and perhaps a less attacking option.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mount and Gallagher in to go back to the Cardio FC glory days. James Milner will be fuming he’s got competition now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Mount. I think he's quite underrated. Would very much remind me of when we signed Oxlade-Chamberlain. He thrived before the injury broke him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the deal with Mount? Is his contract up this summer or is he entering the final 12 months?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the deal with Mount? Is his contract up this summer or is he entering the final 12 months?
    Or who cares because he should be playing for Leeds.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next summer

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ends 2024 and it would seem by his sudden role reduction that both parties have accepted he needs to move on this summer.

All depends here on how high Chelsea will put the fee. I'm imagining £20-25m. If they want closer to double that then he may well be off somewhere else.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s not a chance they sell him for £20-25m. Gallagher was getting bids of over £40m and is half the player.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most teams he would be interested in joining would probably wait to sign him for nothing rather than going all in and spending a large amount on him, I would have thought.

So he'll go to Newcastle for £60m.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to me about Gravenberch. Seems to be happening.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the very least you'll get a pair of younger legs anchoring midfield. I didn't realise how young he was. He only signed for Bayern this season, though.
    Last edited by Shindig; 16-04-2023 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I don't mind Mount. I think he's quite underrated. Would very much remind me of when we signed Oxlade-Chamberlain. He thrived before the injury broke him.
    He was always a sicknote you just somehow landed a purple patch of health from him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Talk to me about Gravenberch. Seems to be happening.
    Seems the fee is £25m or so and he's interested as he's only a bench warmer there. The main concern is obviously if he can't get in the Bayern midfield how will he improve Liverpools?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we’re absolute trash. Tom Davies would improve it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    He was always a sicknote you just somehow landed a purple patch of health from him.
    His purple patch of health coming in a season where he sustained a career ending injury speaks volumes about him.

Keita's been an absolute basket case as well.

The ability to shoulder a 50/60 game season and never really suffer fitness-wise is probably the standout differential that makes good players top top players.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Liverpool sign one of Palhinha or Caicedo thier midfield improves dramatically imo. Hopefully both are on this twelve man shortlist Klopp spoke about.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure they'd be in for Palhinha. The emphasis seems to be on bridging that gap that appeared, meaning there were players around 30 years old and some in their late teens, but no one in the middle.

If Gravenberch is the first one in, I'd expect maybe a Mount and then an attempt at a Nunes type player, to get some players in towards their early/mid twenties.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a chance Liverpool are getting Caicedo in the same way Bellingham was never joining them lol

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah given they rejected offers of near £70m in January and he will surely cost to a point you might as well not bother.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His wages are peanuts, we can afford £70m+, it's the wages of hyped up BLM fucks that are driven up by City and Madrid that is the problem so Caicedo is well within reach.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He signed a new deal since January so the peanut wages are a thing of the past.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caicedo is a quality player, but I'm pretty sure you could find equally good players for a fraction of the cost if you look a little deeper. The fact that 'big clubs' increasingly refuse to even countenance that is another unappealing aspect of the modern game. Buying off Brighton is a bit of a mugs game, and they're going to be in the Champions league anyway.

I suppose any fee for Caicedo might depend on what they told him when he signed that jew deal with regatds to him moving on in the summer. £75,000,001 bid inbound from Arsenal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Arsenal go back for Caicedo it was just a panic at the time about light midfield numbers and seemed like a good fit who would be more than a short term fix.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caicedo is a quality player, but I'm pretty sure you could find equally good players for a fraction of the cost if you look a little deeper. The fact that 'big clubs' increasingly refuse to even countenance that is another unappealing aspect of the modern game. Buying off Brighton is a bit of a mugs game, and they're going to be in the Champions league anyway.

I suppose any fee for Caicedo might depend on what they told him when he signed that jew deal with regatds to him moving on in the summer. £75,000,001 bid inbound from Arsenal.
    Some typo that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was meant to say new deal before Phonics bans me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Some typo that.

I didn't think it had posted as it was still on my phone and then I saw it and thought probably for the best. I'll blame having spent the weekend in Taz's neck of the woods.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United briefing this morning that there will be a clear-out in the summer. Twitter seems to be broken so can't link any of the stories.

Clearly what is needed but it remains to be seen whether it's all talk and no trousers.