User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kippax Files (Man City Are Cheaters Thread)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    It is interesting to speculate on the nature of any sanctions that might come. The arrangement of football in England is fairly idiosyncratic in that the governing body isn't actually in charge of the top division, and the top division has little to no say over the rest of the pyramid - is that the case anywhere else? What I'm getting at is, does the Premier League have any power to actually banish City [in a Rangers/Juve style] of are they limited to relegating them, and then the ball's in the FA/EFL's court? Could the Premier League ban them from returning to the league for a given number of years [I would suggest 1 for every year they were up to this and that non-cooperation should be viewed in the same way as refusing to provide a sample]?
    Permanent ban on the playing of football in that part of Manchester.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if anything is ever going to happen on this...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume they're still just busy lawyering it into the ground and ensuring any progress there is in the case is as slow as possible.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. They'll be an announcement in 2027 that Man City have had 4pts deducted from the 2017/18 Premier League season.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the part of this story [last week] where the British Government is now involved as it sounds like there is a fear this could damage relations between the two states.

Which seems odd seeing as we were promised a complete exoneration.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is exactly why politics shouldn't be allowed in football. I always said those rainbow flags were a slippery slope to... erm... Saudi Wealth Funds.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Politics should only have an impact at a governance level where things cut across the rules of engagement within the country in general, but beyond that it should literally just be about the sport itself.

Wellness needs to go the same way as well. I don't watch cricket, but a mate of mine is massively into it and apparently for the test match there was a massive focus on prostate cancer, with the wife of a dead player being wheeled out to promote 'awareness' (we're all now very aware of everything so this needs to stop too), resulting in two hours of cricket, one hour of cancer based death talk. I mean, why on earth would anyone want to settle down on a Sunday after a tough week of work to listen to that depressing shit?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The oil money cock has barbs so I doubt the government will be willing to remove it from their arse anytime soon.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could have themed 'rounds' like rugby does. The cancer round. Mental Health round. Something celebrating grooming gangs instead of the Australian indigenous beano. 'Women in Football'. NHS round.