User Tag List

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you know the answer to that one.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were multiple posts on the SI feedback thread about people asking for Steam refunds. Most (there was one that wasnt) were respectful and just stating their dissatisfaction.

They've now removed those posts. Absolute head in sand fuckboys.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this free kick direct? Why has my keeper moved? Why does the game act like the ref has blown for a foul/offside?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You knew that the game was off to a bad start when all of the SI shills even said come on lads, you're taking the piss this year.

They're not even bothering with the usual line of "New feature X is good you just need to get used to it."

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH FC will keep us going til 24.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too soon.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you mean?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little shit refused to sign a new contract with me so I had to sell him at the start of the season

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see.

Don't wish to rub it in, but I've got him for 4 years with an optional 3 more. Only downside is the £103m CL release clause.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are recruitment focuses buggy for anyone else?

When I came to Sampdoria I made a load of focuses and after about a season it started looking like this duplicating ones, scouts would be taken off their focuses etc etc.

Set it up again (takes about half an hour) and it seemed fine for about three seasons but it's just done it again.

I had like 15/16 different focuses most of which are now gone and I've got so many scouts doing nothing.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At what age does a player need to be at the club for him to be considered homegrown from the club? In Wales if it makes a difference.

Hopefully under 19 cos I’m currently spending my £38m WARCHEST on a load of 18 year olds. Can’t be arsed scouting them so done it mostly purely off attributes.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going well at the halfway point, although I may have peaked as 2024 has so far seen six games played with one win, one draw and four defeats.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've found my future RB.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossing 9
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2026/27 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

We made a lot of money but this was a rough window for us as we lost a lot of quality.

When I brought him in on a free he was never going to play regular football for us, I wanted to loan him out but Fulham came in with a decent off and I got them to agree to 50% next sale too.

I did think about possibly selling him (and I think we could have gotten more) but I didn't want to do it when I knew Endrick would have to leave. The board accepted a decent off from Juve and he's barely played (2 starts in the league and a handful of sub appearances). Vlahovic is still only 27 so Delap wont be getting games for a while.

We had offers giving us more money (United came in early with £48m most of which on instalments and 20/30% of profit and Everton offered £50m straight) but I rejected them and then interest dried up. We were running out of time to sell him and only Inter and Brentford were making offers. Brentford kept low-balling us but we negotiated £30m with 50% next sale. I think it's worked out well as his value has sky rocketed and he's at a club he will want to move away from soon.

Our best player, he wanted to move and I was batting away offers constantly with a few days before the window CLOSED Bayern made a £90m bid with 20% of profit which my board accepted.

I did not want to sell him as I was going to use him but he was moaning and saying he wouldn't sign a contract so I accepted a low bid. 20% profit included.

He was playing less and less as he was now 4th choice so I took the money.

Transfers In:

With Delap gone and Endrick on his way out I needed a new striker. Decided to take Leonardo who I bought at United as the options were a little light. He started like a house on fire but really faded.

When I saw him I liked him a lot but I was hesitant on buying him as I didn't think he'd do well enough with his, at the time, 10 finishing. He's been sensational though and it was money well spent. I might train him at AMC (accomplished right now) and buy another striker though as I think he'd wreck teams there.

When Moleiro had a bid accepted I needed to replace him and I decided to bring one of my boys home. He barely played at Atalanta and we were able to bring him back for what we sold him for.

In January I saw this guy, I was a little annoyed at missing out on the Scottish striker to Liverpool (posted above somewhere) so signed this guy.

League:

We were 10 points behind 4th at one point but we came back strong and were 6 points behind with 3 games in hand but we shat the bed hard in the final two months. Team was tired and we struggled to put away teams at times and lost a lot of points late.

Cup:

Well we won a game. We were leading against Lazio 2-1 but then let them score in the 92nd minute to send it to ET which was horrendous.

Europe:

In the league phase I was annoyed we only drew with Rangers who were shit but we managed to sneak into the playoffs on GD. We then blasted Newcastle in the first leg but we had a shaky moment in the second. I actually made subs and walked away from my PC in the 75th minute as it was 1-1 and we had a 3 goal lead which I thought they couldn't come back from, they almost did.

Against PSG we did well at home but it wasn't a contest in France.

Squad:

Not overly keen on Leonardo as he's been blowing mainly cold and the AI now favours Kauffman over him so not sure what to do. Team looks good though but there are a few who want to move.

Finances:

Currently £22m in the red but we are owed £27m in transfer debt now and our net debt stands at just £23m with a good chunk of that being paid off until 2039.

Youth Intake:

Only two worth showing. Capozzi is listed as an "Elite" talent but I really don't like the look of him or Fattori.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Crossing 9
    He's only 15, he'll learn.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying on from last night (last post on the subject), found the match that led to Benjy ragequitting the game:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1643185157?t=02h35m27s

Here's the precise defence moment that causes it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1643185157?t=02h47m14s

Seen this a few times myself, with other positions too. Impeccable coding.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post

Oh yes.
    Massive, that. Atletico have just signed him on mine for 21m on 12/7/30 and he looks frightening.

Also, Mahow, sort your facepack out. Your screenshots stress me out.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little things like this annoy me, and are the reason I'll download the editor to manually remove unhappiness like this.

10 games in 30 days, and I had the temerity to rest van Dijk for 3 of them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Carrying on from last night (last post on the subject), found the match that led to Benjy ragequitting the game:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1643185157?t=02h35m27s

Here's the precise defence moment that causes it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1643185157?t=02h47m14s

Seen this a few times myself, with other positions too. Impeccable coding.
    "Now my players are refs!"

Lofty not happy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 3 2024/25 - End of Season Update

A whole season in one update here as I was enjoying it too much to fuck about with updates.

Starting with the transfers, we were given a budget of £40m and a wage budget of £1.9m, which was great as we had a load of shit leaving the club and serious room to manoeuvre in the market as a result.

All of them are real players bar Sands, so a pic of him below:

Mensah and Zajc were definitely misses, but very happy with the others so far.

In terms of results we had some corkers and flirted with the Champions League for much of the season, but a barren run towards the end left European qualification in the balance.

Away at Chelsea in the final game we knew a win would guarantee Europa League and a draw would guarantee Conference League. A loss and it would come down to the FA Cup final where Man Utd played Villa, with the former needing to win to help us secure that Conference League spot.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what's happened here, but:

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against a Finnish team called Tampereen Ilves in Europa League qualifying and their badge is class:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 4 2025/26 - Summer Window Update

Business done early this time round and we're well set ahead of our Europa Conference League Playoff:

High hopes expected of this one and an absolute bargain to boot. Stuck him on shooting training at double intensity.

£3.4m relegation release clause after Berlin went down. Hoping for VVD mkII.

Don't normally like loans, but with the transfer funds exhausted this seemed like a bit of a no brainer.

One for the future and no work permit currently, but looks very promising.

Norwich's new record signing, £28m from relegated Brighton.

In terms of expectations, it's winning the Conference League (Lazio stand in our way) and getting back into Europe again.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've had a shocker here.

Ambled my way past some Armenian team but then got dumped out of Champions League second qualifying round by Shamrock Rovers, 7-5 on aggregate.

I then beat the Finnish team with the funny badge in the Europa League third qualifying round to reach the playoff - the gateway to the actual competition. Who am I against? Shamrock fucking Rovers. They somehow lost to a Czech team who's only real players are two on loan from Nottm Forest.

Crappy Conference thingy, here I come.
    I'm a twit

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what's happened here, but:

Me neither mate

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally picked this up again this weekend for a little bit. Decided that I am going to focus on youth only but I am going to allow myself loans to supplement the kids. Especially early on while the squad is thin.

I managed to get Liverpool as a parent and brought in a couple of kids from them, along with Simons from Burnely (released by Chelsea).

Toggle Spoiler

Olufunwa offers us a good option in a weak position at RB.
    Simons comes in as probably the best CM we have and adds great value there. He has also filled in at RB a couple of times.
    Gordon is similar to Simons. Maybe we didnt need him but he is going to do good work for us.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you reckon when UEFA decide on a new format they get a data monkey to model it? If so, how could anyone have looked at this and thought "YES, that is exactly the format we need for the Europa Conference League".

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coventry City 23/24

From pre-season prediction of 11th we were sitting pretty in 2nd at the halfway stage but then in January the results absolutely fell off a cliff. Halfway through February they suddenly picked up and never stopped

Haven't actually finished the season yet but job done

32-year old Matt Godden scoring 30 league goals made the difference although points to the first thing that needs addressing in the summer as there's no way he's keeping that up where he is, never mind the top flight.

Karel Poborsky raking in the best part of £30m for Gustavo Hamer and Viktor Gyokeres against my wishes did allow me to do a big squad overhaul, Marcondes and Hector both falling into the sweet spot of top division players not doing much for their clubs which results in bargain buys, Alfie Jones on a free was the other. Magallan threw a wobbly about not playing so five months after signing for free I sold him to Toulouse for a cool £3m

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you reckon when UEFA decide on a new format they get a data monkey to model it? If so, how could anyone have looked at this and thought "YES, that is exactly the format we need for the Europa Conference League".

Actually seeing it written down on paper really brings it home. I raise my glass to the Swiss system.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Are recruitment focuses buggy for anyone else?

When I came to Sampdoria I made a load of focuses and after about a season it started looking like this duplicating ones, scouts would be taken off their focuses etc etc.

Set it up again (takes about half an hour) and it seemed fine for about three seasons but it's just done it again.

I had like 15/16 different focuses most of which are now gone and I've got so many scouts doing nothing.
    Scouting broke again earlier today. Fun.

They better come out with a chunky update on day 1.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the App Store page, FM Touch works on my iPhone….

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it still meant to land tomorrow?

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Is it still meant to land tomorrow?
    Yep.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Massive, that. Atletico have just signed him on mine for 21m on 12/7/30 and he looks frightening.

Also, Mahow, sort your facepack out. Your screenshots stress me out.
    Ta.

I had no idea Marcos Leonardo was such a looker.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 4 2025/26 - Aug-Feb Update

Premier League

7th again with 12 games to go. As long as we get some form of Europe again I'll be happy.

League Cup

Cracking run to the final and would love to win our first top level trophy.

FA Cup

Decent run to the quarters, which is presumably where it will end having drawn City away.

Europa Conference League

Hard to know where to start with this one. Qualification was enough of a mismatch, but the group stage mostly involved our second team battering absolute shite. Annoying to get Mainz in the last 16 mind. Target is still to win the thing.

Winter Transfers

Josh Sargent left for Olympiakos for £13m and Zajc went to Besiktas for £3.8m, which freed up enough funds to bring this belter in.

£23m minimum release from Sao Paulo.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get a really good draw or is the conference league just completely filled with shite?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's filled with absolute shite, I posted the full table upthread.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only 4 good teams at a push.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the headline stats, we were comprehensively outplayed, as if we were up against a peak Mourinho Chelsea. From a sea of shit we've also somehow managed to draw Lazio (and Ciro Immobile) in the Conference League quarters.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    There's only 4 good teams at a push.
    Yep. One decent to good team (if that) from each of the top 5 leagues and a sea of supporting shite.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and in worse news still, half of Europe now want Endrick. He's renewed, but only with a £121m minimum fee release clause.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 players on international duty for my FA Cup quarter-final away at Man City. Top work SI.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say report a bug but it’s not like it’s been in every game for the last 10 years

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that one, as well as the good old "game every other day" if you do well in multiple competitions. 10 years might even be an understatement.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering that. I played 6 league games in 15 days to end the season. I got put out the CL in the semis and lost in the QFs of the FA Cup so didn’t really understand it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last season I played my 38th league game on the 'final' Sunday, but there were a couple of teams who had a game left each and Newcastle who had 2 left. We had a final league table a fortnight later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye, I've had to play 4 games in a week at some point or another in most versions of the game.