User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window Thread. Here We Go!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    About 40. Small time as fuck.
    That should be their club motto.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raphina having a 25m clause could have a lot of teams interested in him. We've been linked in the past, but that seems to have cooled with the Diaz signing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein reporting United (among others) very interested in Darwin Nunez. He reckons they're willing to sell for around €60m which is a lot less than previous reports.

I have some concerns he'll end up inheriting Lukaku's Timberlands and jeans meme but we need a striker and it's not exactly a flooded market.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 16-05-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Ornstein reporting United (among others) very interested in Darwin Nunez. He reckons they're willing to sell for around €60m which is a lot less than previous reports.

I have some concerns he'll end up inheriting Lukaku's Timberlands and jeans meme but we need a striker and it's not exactly a flooded market.
    I went to the Benfica game at Anfield and I thought he was very good.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but r/Benfica reckon he's wank.

Looked good to me.

Probably more of a Newcastle signing though

United may as well stick Fernandes up front to accommodate Donny back into the system.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not a bad player. Ł50m is probably better the best we'll spend for a young striker not at the top of his game.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rule 37 of transfers into the Premier League: never sign anyone who sounds more like a relief pitcher than a footballer.

Swansea got burned on Jefferson Montero, Spurs likewise on Davinson Sanchez, I wouldn't want to see it happen to anyone else.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post

Looked good to me.

Probably more of a Newcastle signing though

United may as well stick Fernandes up front to accommodate Donny back into the system.
    Are potential Newcastle and Utd signings all that different these days?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just read that Haaland hasn't actually joined City yet. Personal terms still haven't been agreed.

The ghost of Raiola asking City for a bazillion pound week?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This running "joke" really is stupid.

It's hardly a revolutionary idea that fans of a club who actually watch a player every week might have some insight on how good they are.

I'd absolutely be sceptical of a fanbase hyping one of their players to the moon. But it's daft not to pay some attention when they are saying that one of their players is not actually that great despite impressive numbers. For the stat-wankers, he's outperformed his expected goals in the league by 10 this season, which is absolutely not sustainable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd need to see numbers on his xBatterings versus threats to kill to comment further.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hardly a revolutionary idea that fans of a club who actually watch a player every week might have some insight on how good they are.

I'd absolutely be sceptical of a fanbase hyping one of their players to the moon. But it's daft not to pay some attention when they are saying that one of their players is not actually that great despite impressive numbers. For the stat-wankers, he's outperformed his expected goals in the league by 10 this season, which is absolutely not sustainable.
    I think there's also something to be said for trusting people whose job it is to assess footballers over laymen who watch (or don't) their team once a week. Off the top of my head, I'm sure Porto fans had the same things to say about Ruben Dias a year before he won player of the season and Aaron Ramsdale was thought a comical waste of money a year ago but now seems a pretty shrewd use of Ł30 million.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a related note, got sent a good read on the Athletic on how Haaland's stats hint at a possible Werner-style failing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it's an incredibly bad idea. Most Football Fans don't have a clue.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    I think there's also something to be said for trusting people whose job it is to assess footballers over laymen who watch (or don't) their team once a week. Off the top of my head, I'm sure Porto fans had the same things to say about Ruben Dias a year before he won player of the season and Aaron Ramsdale was thought a comical waste of money a year ago but now seems a pretty shrewd use of Ł30 million.
    Experts have deemed on 3 separate occasions so far that buying Lukaku for over Ł75m is a good idea.

Or are we talking the kind of experts who come up with the transfer values on transfermarkt?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experts have deemed on 3 separate occasions so far that buying Lukaku for over Ł75m is a good idea.

Or are we talking the kind of experts who come up with the transfer values on transfermarkt?
    Yeah obviously none of the parties in question here are infallible. Lukaku strikes me as someone that managers have pointed at and said "get me that guy, he scores goals" but perhaps not considered the fit?

United's recent signings have mostly been incredibly obvious, ready made "stars" and largely been underwhelming. Haven't they just overhauled the scouting department? I think buying a young, unfinished product looks like a signal of an exciting change of approach. I would expect that Ralf's mates have thought to look at his xG differentials and watched the odd Benfica game.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you're right, the scouts that have access to games, data, training sessions and actual knowledge of what their employer is looking for know fuck all. It's Pablo sat in his mums basement watching TV that we need to hear from.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah obviously none of the parties in question here are infallible. Lukaku strikes me as someone that managers have pointed at and said "get me that guy, he scores goals" but perhaps not considered the fit?
    Which is exactly what the Benfica fans are saying is about to happen with Nunez.

It's amazing you can acknowledge this has happened multiple times with Lukaku in one paragraph and then act like such a thing couldn't be more ridiculous in the next re: Nunez.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is exactly what the Benfica fans are saying is about to happen with Nunez.

It's amazing you can acknowledge this has happened multiple times with Lukaku in one paragraph and then act like such a thing couldn't be more ridiculous in the next re: Nunez.
    Of course it could happen with Nunez. I have no idea personally, I'd just fancy professionals over fans as a rule.

Fact is United need someone like him, who else is available and won't mind playing Europa/Conference League football next season?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Yeah, you're right, the scouts that have access to games, data, training sessions and actual knowledge of what their employer is looking for know fuck all. It's Pablo sat in his mums basement watching TV that we need to hear from.
    Nah I didn't say this. I never said he's guaranteed to be a failure or that scouts are clueless and Reddit knows best. I just said that if a fanbase urges caution on one of their players for X, y, z reason it's worth not dismissing it out of hand.

Everton fans were very vocal about Lukaku's limitations and they were absolutely right.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads there's a much easier system here. He would be playing for Manchester United, we'd make sure he's shit even if he actually isn't.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it could happen with Nunez. I have no idea personally, I'd just fancy professionals over fans as a rule.

Fact is United need someone like him, who else is available and won't mind playing Europa/Conference League football next season?
    Absolutely United need a striker, and if Ten Hag/Rangnick think he's their men then great, I hope we get him and he smashes it.

I merely brought it up because I continue to labour under the delusion this is a discussion board and so discussing a players strengths/potential weaknesses in a thread suited to such discussion might be worthwhile.

Instead people just go "LOlOLllol!!111 Reddit XD", which is boring and inane. The upvote/downvote system on Reddit is actually pretty decent at filtering out the completely retarded takes compared to something like Twitter.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 16-05-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet you keep indulging it by replying, 100% guaranteeing it will continue to happen to try and get a rise out of you, because it does

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And yet you keep indulging it by replying, 100% guaranteeing it will continue to happen to try and get a rise out of you, because it does
    Also not true. There are tonnes of these bait posts I ignore, but it gets tiresome after a while when I can't post anything without the same brainless spam in reply.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you've replied to 100% of the ones I can remember (this one) off the top of my head. So there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I didn't say this. I never said he's guaranteed to be a failure or that scouts are clueless and Reddit knows best. I just said that if a fanbase urges caution on one of their players for X, y, z reason it's worth not dismissing it out of hand.

Everton fans were very vocal about Lukaku's limitations and they were absolutely right.
    Lukaku's limitations are obvious. There's not a chance it was a mystery to Chelsea. Ultimately we have no idea what goes into the decision. It seems pretty clear that Tuchel didn't want him. He's made it quite clear. If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a part of the dodgy financial merry-go-round like David Luiz to PSG and back again almost certainly was.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Lukaku's limitations are obvious.
    Perhaps - to people who watch him play regularly - Nunez's limitations are also obvious.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Journalist who wrote Ancelloti's biography and is a friend of his says Real have agreed a contract with Mbappe and will announce before the Champions' League final.

L for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely United need a striker, and if Ten Hag/Rangnick think he's their men then great, I hope we get him and he smashes it.

I merely brought it up because I continue to labour under the delusion this is a discussion board and so discussing a players strengths/potential weaknesses in a thread suited to such discussion might be worthwhile.

Instead people just go "LOlOLllol!!111 Reddit XD", which is boring and inane. The upvote/downvote system on Reddit is actually pretty decent at filtering out the completely retarded takes compared to something like Twitter.
    Much like your lollololol11!!!lol about Transfermarkt with James? Or is that different?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Much like your lollololol11!!!lol about Transfermarkt with James? Or is that different?
    Yes it's different. He was claiming Transfermarkt values were far superior to the opinions on Reddit (or my opinion) because they are arrived at by experts and mocking my view that Juventus would be shit based on that. When actually they are just made up by some guy and thus absolutely no different to Reddit (if not worse).

Even if they were come up with by "experts", judging the quality of a team by just adding together how much all the players are worth is laughable.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 16-05-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to take a break from Reddit. It's beyond addiction at this point. You're verging on mania.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend less time and post less on Reddit than I do here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, this is very boring.

Back to the riveting world of transfer news:

United and Bayern interested in Timber from Ajax.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend less time and post less on Reddit than I do here.
    Anyone got a link to this reddit gaff? Sounds dreamy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Shiverme any good RL?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good defender and good on the ball, but worryingly short seems to be the summary.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez back on the market this summer for those in need of central attacking options.

Seen him linked with Villa. I think 'getting the band back together' was explicitly mentioned in the piece. Would love to see him back in England.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be class.

What’s Sturridge upto?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's down in Oz now isn't he? Perth Glory last I heard.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't exactly pulling up Kangaroos down there either.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he go to court for offering a reward for finding his dog only to turn around and not pay said reward?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He says a young kid found the dog and he paid the kid, but then another person came forward and said they did.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    He says a young kid found the dog and he paid the kid, but then another person came forward and said they did.
    The court sided with the other person and have ordered Sturridge to pay him 30k apparently.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 'getting the band back together' was explicitly mentioned in the piece.
    How long before he calls someone Negrito in training?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein now reporting Mbappe has agreed terms with Madrid.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a LeBron James style The Decision episode.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, this is very boring.

Back to the riveting world of transfer news:

United and Bayern interested in Timber from Ajax.
    Why are you calling Haller Timber?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    We need a LeBron James style The Decision episode.
    Remember when Griezmann pulled this? He's now seemingly in a position in which neither Atletico or Barca want him. Gimp.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Di Maria to Juve on a free.