User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Elden Ring

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still using the Bloodfang which might get me over the line. I've got a couple of back-ups in the works but most of my points are still getting spread between Vigor and Endurance. I throw a couple into Dex when I feel like I need it. I don't think the bleed from the weapon is popping as much as it did earlier. I've got something like 4 big bosses left.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up the rivers of blood katana so might swap to a bleed build soon.

I've made my way to castle sol killed commander Neil well my mimic killed him while I stood back and watched !!

Picked up another half of a secret madillion I didn't realise I had and ended up in the secret area concentrated snowfields.

This place is going to put me off snow for life.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally found Castle Sol and looked up where to get the mimic tear. Almost took him out. Almost. Spent most of today trying to mop up any areas with bosses left in them. I'm level 120 now so it's not for the runes. 95 hours in. I might get this finished next week.

EDIT: Alright, I'm at the last boss now. Might polish some extra stuff off. I've found another area. Mimic Tear is ... taking the piss.
    Last edited by Shindig; 01-05-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending 3 days on the final boss, I've got the Platinum trophy. On Journey 3, its health is astronomical so it was a relief to finally get it down to 0 and knock the game on the head. Will definitely come back for various mess about playthroughs with fists or whips or something, but after spending 269 hours with the game, I'm done. Any tips needed for certain end game bosses drop a message in here and I'll help if I can.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in my first run, I'm surprised that second phase is such a tank.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stellar effort P3, I've just swapped from Strength to a arcane/dex rivers of blood build.

Can't get some of the talismans needed (due to me accidentally killing a giant blacksmith needed for one of the talismans) so had to make a few changes.

Went into the underground under the Capital city which the fat boys down there caused me grief to kill as strength to see if there was much difference...

Spammed L2 on the first dude I came across and his hp bar just vanished then I realised I HAD NOT even upgraded the Rivers if blood weapon😲

Went back to the blacksmith smacked it upto lvl 10 went over to the land of the giants, the fire giant I couldn't touch as strength I absolutely murdered.

Insane the difference in power between the two styles...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credits rolled. I've left a couple of optional bosses because, frankly, I can't be arsed to travel to them. As much as I like the Dark Souls lore, I barely took any of that story in. I also don't think the bosses had any of those memorable moments. Like, I remember seeing Gwyn rush you for the first time, Ludwig's guiding moonlight speech, Ornstein and Smough getting ready to mess you up, Vendrick's reveal, etc. I don't get any of that in this. Maybe the Radahn stuff but this game seems really limited by repeating bosses.

Bloody good journey, though. Even if most of the stuff I grabbed wasn't relevant to my build, the open world made me want to discover shit. Even in 110 hours, I spotted the big pot in Caelid and got that thing done. Having enough levels, weapon upgrades, etc to give yourself a plan B is good and giving you an early-ish chance to respec does open up your options.

The Stats

Level 137

Vigor: 51
    Mind: 10
    Endurance: 46
    Strength: 32
    Dexterity: 47
    Faith: 7
    Intelligence: 10
    Arcane: 20 (12 + the Tear helmet bonus)

111 hours.

Gear

The heaviest armour I could find. Lionel's set? The Giant Jar talisman meant I could mid-roll that. I pivoted to the Rivers of Blood once I realised the DPS was going to pay me back more than the Bloodfang. The Brass Shield +24 did enough to hold back attacks. And had some health regen on successive attacks to keep me from popping flasks as much.
    Last edited by Shindig; 02-05-2022 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you there Shindig. The sheer amount of bosses kind of dilutes the impact of them lore wise, Bloodborne I spent hours watching the lore videos.

Elden ring even i when I've finished the last few bosses I really don't feel connected to it other than its an amazing open world huge game.

I'll definitely go into new game so I can complete all the quests and get the platinum though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I've killed every boss besides

Maliketh
    Hoarah
    DragonLord Placidusax
    LichDragon Fortissax
    Godskin Duo
    Astel of the Void

And the final boss.

Think I'll kill all them before I start new game plus so all the trophies are done just focus on the quests and weapon trophies in the next playthrough.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chariot tip about halfway through here is super cool:

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off the top of my head, I missed:

Melania, Placidusax, Mohg, Fortissax, Fell Twins?, Fia's Champions. Probably some more but the fact they show up at different locations makes me wonder. I didn't take on many Death Birds, either.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My second character is basically the first one minus the intent to use the same weapons. Axe to start with until I get Moonveil or something else that has status effect goodness. And no summons this time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to give up on this, not even coming close to defeating The elden beast..

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equip a load of holy damage negation gear and spells and you’ll be fine.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still nowhere close to finishing this Currently at Altus Plateau after switching back to FIFA a bit more recently. Does feel like I've hit a point where I need to level up a bit (currently in the early 70s) with a level 13 ish katana/Samurai build

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'm about to give up on this, not even coming close to defeating The elden beast..
    If you are really struggling and just want to beat it, move on and don't mind a re-spec then you could track down a spell called Pest Treads which does immense damage to it. You need Faith for it and I think it also gets boosted by a high Strength. If you also pick up the Black Flame spell, you can beat Radagon very easily with that and your Mimic will have more health going into the Elden Beast.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I got it done with the mimic and holy damage negation. I ended up coasting the final phase when I finally crossed the line.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having more trouble against the final boss than any so far, I'm lucky if Radagon goes down before I'm down to my last few hp potions and my mimic is on its last legs..

I've got quite a few Laval tears so think I'll give your advice a go P3.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda give up on rivers of blood working against The Elden Beast.

Watched some dude on YouTube take the boss apart using the scavenger curved blades

Copied his build

80 arcane the rest in hp and stamina.

Spent a few hours killing the skeleton that drops them, maxed them out switched them to occult put the bloodless war ash on them, donned the highest holy damage resistant gear I had.

Stood at the entrance to the boss battle followed the buff/potion switch of head piece bollocks.

I stood before Radagon confident that I was going to one shot the mother fucker.

I walk into the mist screen loads, wife walks into the bedroom with kids following her all hell breaks loose I can't see what's going on

Wife walks out of room leaving me alone with the words "you died" mocking me on the screen..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found my way to the rune grinding spot with all the fishhead guys and the suicide bird so I'm up to level 125 now. Was getting a bit bored of my bleed/katana build so now have a few more options to mix in some magic and try some different weapons. Next on my list is Mohg, after I croaked Varre, the little weasel. Really want to try out his Sacred Spear

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been busy with work so haven't had time to have another crack at elden beast until tonight.

Covered my self in holy damage reduction gear and it's one of the easiest fights in the game.

Ending was a bit crap though, think I'll play through it again to see it all the quest lines I was totally oblivious to the first time round clear up the reminding trophies and go for the last two endings.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Elden Beast is a properly rubbish final boss. Which is a shame.

When the DLC rocks up I might try a no summons run.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, a proper anti-climax for a game that's not really hitting the heights of the others.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NG+ is such an odd thing. I'm expecting the difficulty to snap back at some point but I've just battered my way up to the endgame. At least it's a leisurely way to cross the other endings off.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, NG+ only got noticeably harder around the 4th or 5th run through and even then not that bad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice battering things that previously made you want to set fire to your games console.

Following a guide at the minute so I can complete as many NPC quests as possible on this run through also collect as many items as I can.

Although I forgot how quick I kill things now so Patches quest line is ruined as I killed him hitting him twice ..

It's amazing how much content I missed out on even in the starting areas now I'm using a walkthrough.

Definitely be hitting Platinum on this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it, I'm finished. I've not got the drive to bother with the bosses I've missed and trophies. This is a good game once.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still plugging away at this. Croaked Astel this evening so am pretty close to finishing off Ranni's quest. The Lake Of Rot can suck a fat one though

There's a load of areas I've not even been to yet though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake of Rot is thankfully not very long. I hate how they plonk a boss in there whilst you're rotted. I deleted this the other day. Couldn't be bothered to finish the second playthrough. The back section just does not excite me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DLC out tomorrow

Looks like co-op + PVP focussed

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, not really what I come to these games for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main DLC announcement is expected at the game awards Thursday isn’t it? Not really into the pvp side of the Souls games.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - It. Is. Done.

Finished it at Level 236 with 231 hours played. Mostly stuck with katanas throughout (Uchi, Moonveil, Nagakiba) with a few others mixed in and some spells/incants. Was pretty completionist (hence why it took me since March ) but there's still a few odds n' ends I need to knock off. Will mooch about levelling up and tying off the loose ends in prep for the DLC.

Overall, it's a phenomenal game. I think it's just behind Fallout 4/Skyrim in my all-time favourites but it's easily right up there as a masterpiece (it's arguably "better" than the Bethesda games but I just like them a little more). If you haven't played it you are seriously missing out on a gaming experience.

To nitpick a few gripes: the lore is fantastic, although definitely they could do a better job explaining things (like don't give every character the exact same fucking name), some of the controls are a bit wonky and there are some weapon types they seem to completely ignore every patch (hi bows) but these are all small irks rather than anything major.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year on from when I first started this masterpiece and I've started again. This time, I want to finish the game without using the spirit summoning bell. Up to level 31 now and taken care of Margit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any particular build?

I started really liking the Holy weapons towards the end of the game

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It absolutely is the greatest game of all time. I've started again with a Colossal Weapon build.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone for power stancing two standard swords, one with a blood Ash of War on it and the other with a holy effect. Might mix it up as I go through though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started again with the intent of doing the NPC quests. I fucked that early on and have decided just to do a summonless all bosses run. Two runes down after 17 hours but I've spent the last couple wandering about trying to remember where stuff is.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the first part of the guide the other day. It's fucking beautiful. Get on it Yev.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does look luverly.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got the game and started with a Confessor, just because the look intrigued me if I'm totally honest. I'm only a few hours in but it's been a great experience so far (and I am not generally a fan of the Souls type of game).

That said, I do wish all the developers that make this style of game just eventually decide to get rid of some quirks that offer nothing to the game. Why can I not compare gear? Why do I not get tooltips on statuses? Why does autolock just randomly switch to that rabbit far off in the distance midfight?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spirit summons do really trivialize a lot of the fights don't they? I am thinking of starting a new game and skipping that mechanic entirely (along with just doing a few things better now that I got more of an idea), since I'm still only like 10 hours in or so.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do indeed. I'm on a current playthrough not using them and things are much more satisfying so far.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep getting an increasing amount of these videos popping up in my Youtube recommended and they're starting to piss me off.

Now fair play to him for one-shotting Maliketh, but what in the fuck is he actually doing and what impact is each action having? I thought you could apply four different types of buffs, yet he's stood there for an absolute age doing all types of shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the game:

114 hours it took me.

I killed most of the bosses I reckon, bar some of the birds and cavalry (just killed whichever of those I stumbled upon). Open world games are my jam so I explored every little nook and cranny really. I started with uchigatana dual-wielding, then transitioned to bloodhound fang early-ish on with a sort of quality build and stuck to it with a few exceptions (I think I killed maybe 10ish, mostly lesser, bosses with a colossal weapon where breaking their stance looked like the way to go). I don't remember what level I was but whenever I encountered Elemer I had some trouble and I decided to swap to a light load build for the better dodge. I ended up oneshotting him after that and just kept the same setup from there on out. Eventually I went even further with something like 14 load, with the blue dancer charm for damage. I also used no summons at all since in my first playthrough, which I abandoned after 10 hours or so, it felt like they trivialize a lot of the fights.

Obviously the game is incredible and up there with the best of them but I do have some issues:
    - Since exploring everything is my thing, I ended up overlevelling a lot of the bosses even though I did 0 rune farming. Maybe it's a me thing, but it did somewhat "ruin" (for want of a better word, I still had a blast) the experience for the first half of the game. It got better when levels started mattering less, but it really showed as I barely struggled in any of the story bosses. Apart from Maliketh, which took me I would say around 40 tries, every other major boss was below 20 tries, with most of them below 10. One-shotting Morgott and Fire Giant was a bit of a letdown. I do know that they've been tuning the bosses though, like Radahn and all the duo fights, where they made them easier.
    - I do like the whole lack of hand-holding in this game, but I do wish that there was a bit more info on the questlines, rather than seemingly just stumbling upon an npc's new location. It's actually no surprise that the Ranni ending is the one most people have completed, since it's the best designed questline, both in terms of story but also in terms of it being easier to follow.
    - That's more of a generic complaint with gaming, but there's something to be done with massive bosses. Fighting a lot of the dragons, Elden Beast and any of the Tree Spirits that were inside dungeons was a real pain in the ass and a subpar experience at times.

In terms of individual bosses, I thought Radagon was a great boss, as was Maliketh, although I do have to say that the latter took me a lot of tries to actually figure out his patterns, since the animations were all a bit same-y.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 18-02-2023 at 11:31 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind overpowering the bosses because they move at a speed you simply can't. And yes, massive bosses are a pain to fight. Maliketh was a pain in my arse for how quickly and spasmodically he'd string attacks together.

I like the Radahn fight. It doesn't feel cheap to summon for that fight and I feel the spectacle is worth it. There's very few fights in that game I'd get out of bed for. From have done better elsewhere and Elden Ring misses that kind of focus. The world design goes up a notch whilst the bosses become a bit of a mush.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radahn didn't do much for me, I'd have mostly preferred him not to be on a horse because he does a lot of rings around you as is. He does have one of the most cinematic entrances in that intermission though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but it's a normal sized horse and he's not a normal sized man.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ye it was a spectacle for sure, I'm talking more mechanics-wise I guess. He does a lot of movements that feel unnecessary.

I've also started watching these and they are hilarious. I've been following that guy since he started doing those animations for Warcraft and he never misses the mark.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say "one shot" do you mean 1 try? Or 1 attack?

Did you get to Malenia?