User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where will Everton finish this season?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlikely push for one of the shit European competitions

0 0%
  • Top half

0 0%
  • Round about where they are now

5 62.50%
  • Relegated

0 0%
  • Don't care as long as Goodison seethes

3 37.50%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 1,001 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: Football for the month of February, 2022

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was decent in the one against Leicester(?) earlier. But tonight if Kepa didn't miss we were going on for a good while longer.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quadruple begins with top trolling, Milner sub and favela cunt getting over 90 mins ahead of Mane

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kepa came on after 119 minutes. Let in all the Liverpool penalties and kicked his penalty out the stadium.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lukaku offside really is properly mental. He looks about 2 yards onside.

The Keita challenge as well. Christ

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binned off Marcelo, brought in Ted Lasso. Great. Well done Leeds. I mean I'll get behind him as best I can, it's not his fault. I'm just being a cunt really. But I honestly feel like I don't even want to watch anymore. I'm sure the feeling will pass.

There's some eye witness accounts doing the rounds about him saying goodbye to everyone at the training ground this morning though, and being in tears. There were some videos of him just humbling shaking fans hands who came out to see him there last night as well, signing things and hugging people and looking pretty upset.

It will sound like I'm being very over the top but the prevailing feeling is almost like we're a fanbase in mourning. It's awful. It's hard to really explain how loved he is by the people in Leeds. We (or more specifically the people who run the club) actually deserve relegation.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought an auto-biography on Bielsa and adored every word of it. Can't see me ever doing that for the likes of Steve Evans, Paul Heckingbottom or Dave Hockaday...oh well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I bought an auto-biography on Bielsa and adored every word of it. Can't see me ever doing that for the likes of Steve Evans, Paul Heckingbottom or Dave Hockaday...oh well.
    Exactly. Was it that Phil Hay one that came out around Christmas about his time at Leeds? Or more of an overall biography of him?

Although to be fair, I would definitely read a book about "The Hock's" brief spell in charge. What a time to be alive that was. For all the wrong reasons, of course. But it was undeniably funny.

I forgot all about Steve Evans. I don't think a football manager has ever given off "fat gobshite you find watching football on his own in the pub and annoying everyone" vibes more strongly than that bloke.
    Last edited by Alex; 28-02-2022 at 02:08 PM.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was called The Quality of Madness.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Binned off Marcelo, brought in Ted Lasso. Great. Well done Leeds. I mean I'll get behind him as best I can, it's not his fault. I'm just being a cunt really. But I honestly feel like I don't even want to watch anymore. I'm sure the feeling will pass.

There's some eye witness accounts doing the rounds about him saying goodbye to everyone at the training ground this morning though, and being in tears. There were some videos of him just humbling shaking fans hands who came out to see him there last night as well, signing things and hugging people and looking pretty upset.

It will sound like I'm being very over the top but the prevailing feeling is almost like we're a fanbase in mourning. It's awful. It's hard to really explain how loved he is by the people in Leeds. We (or more specifically the people who run the club) actually deserve relegation.
    I like Jesse Marsch a lot but I think it's mad to take this job. Absolute poisoned chalice, for all the very valid reasons you said.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    I like Jesse Marsch a lot but I think it's mad to take this job. Absolute poisoned chalice, for all the very valid reasons you said.
    It's a hell of a time to take over, for sure. He is kind of in a weird position where even if he keeps us up he will need to do something next season to begin to win the fans over. The side, on paper, has achieved a lot more than it should have too, and has been drilled very rigorously to play a certain way. I'm not sure you can imprint something new on them at this stage without them just reverting back to looking like an average Championship side. Or even more of one than we have already looked lately!

I don't actually know a lot about the man, but the little I have read seems to imply he has quite similar principles to Bielsa (very energetic, pressing football with an impetus on fitness?) albeit with a different preference in formation. Hopefully it gels enough that it's more minor tweaks for the time being that can put things back on the rails, and then time to imprint his own thing over the summer.

I do think we'll need a lot of investment in the summer if we stay up though. I would be absolutely amazed if our two best players (Raphinha and Kalvin Phillips) don't leave at the end of this season regardless. There seems to be a general sentiment throughout the fanbase that if we don't go down the 49ers will ramp up their buyout of the club, and that at least some of what is going on at the moment is to try and ensure that happens. I don't know what kind of money that would see be made available to us though.

The Ted Lasso dig comes off as very dismissive of Jesse Marsch and was out of order, by the way. I don't feel that way about American coaches or players. I do apologise for that. /

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot all about Steve Evans. I don't think a football manager has ever given off "fat gobshite you find watching football on his own in the pub and annoying everyone" vibes more strongly than that bloke.
    I think it was him that was referenced on an Undr the Cosh pod with Ben Pringle recently. Apparently, all he would ever talk about was "Crawley did this" and "Matt Tubbs does that" until one of the players told him to "Shut the fuck up about Crawley"

One of my fav podcasts right now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ted Lasso dig comes off as very dismissive of Jesse Marsch and was out of order, by the way. I don't feel that way about American coaches or players. I do apologise for that. /
    Well, actually...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I think it was him that was referenced on an Undr the Cosh pod with Ben Pringle recently. Apparently, all he would ever talk about was "Crawley did this" and "Matt Tubbs does that" until one of the players told him to "Shut the fuck up about Crawley"

One of my fav podcasts right now.
    Yeah that was funny.

It’s a great podcast. I only found it about six months ago and I’ve ploughed through the entire back catalogue already.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing Jesse Marsch has is the ability to conduct team talks without an interpreter.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shamelessly stolen from reddit but they should have held off until tomorrow so they could make a “first day of Marsch” pun

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    One thing Jesse Marsch has is the ability to conduct team talks without an interpreter.
    I imagine Bielsa could, and just saved the interpreter for press stuff.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, probably. He did seem to exchange pleasantries with the townspeople. Unless 'Thank you, bye' was the extent of it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Yeah that was funny.

It’s a great podcast. I only found it about six months ago and I’ve ploughed through the entire back catalogue already.
    I saw a live show a few months ago. I do enjoy the podcast, but it's a bit "Weeey, get the beers in lads, check out that piece of skirt" at times.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The word you're looking for is "Phwoar."

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The word you're looking for is "Phwoar."
    The word you’re looking for is March.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The March of Phwoar.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    The word you’re looking for is March.
    Nearly.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I saw a live show a few months ago. I do enjoy the podcast, but it's a bit "Weeey, get the beers in lads, check out that piece of skirt" at times.
    Agreed. I imagine live is that turned up to the max.