User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ole Goner Solskjaer

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Smallpockets is available then he is the obvious choice, as he was when Tottenham sacked him, and as he was when they originally needed a new manager but didn't want to buy him out of his contract. If he ends up being shit then whatever, but he is far and away the no-brainer option.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce has more of a clue than Ole tbf.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But is he a good manager?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he does have over 1000 games so he must be.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do a new thread and poll this morning on the subject of Steve Bruce's managerial abilities, with the options being:

- A good manager who can organise a defence
    - Able to organise a defence; overall, a good manager
    - I approve of beheading the gays

Decided not to in the end. It's not the threads you make, it's the threads you don't make.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hope that poll was going to be multiple choice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't all polls multiple choice? Other than, like, Russian elections and stuff.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turtle.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Aren't all polls multiple choice? Other than, like, Russian elections and stuff.
    VFP(utin)BIC

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Solskjaer back quick.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said to somebody yesterday that trying to get Zidane absolutely fucking reeks of Woodward.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Steve Bruce 'joke'. For fucks sake. It wasn't funny in the first place.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joke?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given I took quite a hiatus, this thread has been a bit of an eye opener but what on earth happened to Yevrah?

Or rather, not so much him, but a fair few of you. He's probably not assed but it does seem like a bit of a free for all at times and I always had him down as a well liked member of the forum, certainly didn't see him getting leapt on half as much as I have since returning.

On topic:

Poch would be a decent name to bring in but he'd have his work cut out for him given Man United have created more problems for themselves such as bringing back Ronaldo (not that he's a bad signing, of course) and he's hardly making magical movements over in France considering what he has at his disposal. That said, listening to a TalkSport club earlier (yeah, I know) Danny Murphy suggests that United would be better served bringing in an interim manager and waiting for a big game big name manager to come available. I don't see too many of those who you'd automatically think of becoming available anytime soon and if an interim is the way they go (Carrick I believe) then what is the point because if he does what Solksjaer did whilst interim then you're essentially being forced into the same position of having to settle for what you got, no?

It does make you wonder just how serious Mourinho was when he said 2nd was one of his greatest achievements. Not that the football was any good (less so in recent weeks/months) under OGS but even though I've enjoyed the demise, what is the point in bringing any new manager in if you're not going to completely tear up the script. There is no Man United Way, it was Alex Ferguson's way and no one is going to replicate that so why not just go a different direction. If they brought in a few midfielders which I think is possibly the weakest area, got rid of the hangers on who just don't add anything and added competition instead of clear backups that exist in the club already then it might not be so bad for them, as it is, the backline pretty much writes itself (Varane will be decent but too injury prone).

They should wait and use Carrick to do the dirty work so the new manager comes in without the sideshow of who stays and who goes. Pogba for example should be gone regardless, yeah he's got talent but he's been there now for four or five years and has done the square root of sod all. Even this process so soon after getting rid of Solksjaer just strikes you as a complete shambles in the making.

Not that I'm arguing but still. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smiff, most of them are nobheads. That shouldn't come as surprise to you. But yes it's definitely getting worse.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm, we're talking about those jumping on Yev or Man United? It could be either.

EDIT: Shouldn't come as a surprise but I at least know there were times when despite everything, I probably deserved it sometimes but Yev has always struck me as a harmless, valuable member. Seems completely out of place unless he's threatened to WWE someone on YouTube.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which potentially available in the summer 'big game big name manager' is worth passing over Pochettino for?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Given I took quite a hiatus, this thread has been a bit of an eye opener but what on earth happened to Yevrah?

Or rather, not so much him, but a fair few of you. He's probably not assed but it does seem like a bit of a free for all at times and I always had him down as a well liked member of the forum, certainly didn't see him getting leapt on half as much as I have since returning.

On topic:

Poch would be a decent name to bring in but he'd have his work cut out for him given Man United have created more problems for themselves such as bringing back Ronaldo (not that he's a bad signing, of course) and he's hardly making magical movements over in France considering what he has at his disposal. That said, listening to a TalkSport club earlier (yeah, I know) Danny Murphy suggests that United would be better served bringing in an interim manager and waiting for a big game big name manager to come available. I don't see too many of those who you'd automatically think of becoming available anytime soon and if an interim is the way they go (Carrick I believe) then what is the point because if he does what Solksjaer did whilst interim then you're essentially being forced into the same position of having to settle for what you got, no?

It does make you wonder just how serious Mourinho was when he said 2nd was one of his greatest achievements. Not that the football was any good (less so in recent weeks/months) under OGS but even though I've enjoyed the demise, what is the point in bringing any new manager in if you're not going to completely tear up the script. There is no Man United Way, it was Alex Ferguson's way and no one is going to replicate that so why not just go a different direction. If they brought in a few midfielders which I think is possibly the weakest area, got rid of the hangers on who just don't add anything and added competition instead of clear backups that exist in the club already then it might not be so bad for them, as it is, the backline pretty much writes itself (Varane will be decent but too injury prone).

They should wait and use Carrick to do the dirty work so the new manager comes in without the sideshow of who stays and who goes. Pogba for example should be gone regardless, yeah he's got talent but he's been there now for four or five years and has done the square root of sod all. Even this process so soon after getting rid of Solksjaer just strikes you as a complete shambles in the making.

Not that I'm arguing but still. Thoughts?
    It's amazing how Liverpool fans still care more about United than they do Liverpool given we've been irrelevant for about 8 years.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm, we're talking about those jumping on Yev or Man United? It could be either.

EDIT: Shouldn't come as a surprise but I at least know there were times when despite everything, I probably deserved it sometimes but Yev has always struck me as a harmless, valuable member. Seems completely out of place unless he's threatened to WWE someone on YouTube.
    Definitely re jumping on Yev.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only critical thing you can say about 'the Bruce stuff' is that this gem was lost at the bottom of a page.

Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    All we are saying...
    Catty sniping is the very essence of this place anyway, it's more astonishing anyone could be surprised or irked by it or even find it worthy of comment after so many years.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Which potentially available in the summer 'big game big name manager' is worth passing over Pochettino for?
    That's what I didn't understand. I'd say if he's willing to pop over then he's by far the best bet since Zidane doesn't seem interest, the Ajax chap seems content where he is and then there isn't really a whole lot left after that in my mind. I'd be throwing everything at him because PSG clearly isn't for him. As I understand he's still living in a hotel whilst his family in London. Just makes clear sense.

It's amazing how Liverpool fans still care more about United than they do Liverpool given we've been irrelevant for about 8 years.
    It's amazing how fans of football are unable to have discussions with fellow fans of football. Is there an unwritten rule that you can't have an opinion outside taking the piss on match days? As much as I've enjoyed the demise, the 5-0, the 2-0 in our league winning season, there is a small, tiny, minute part of me that would prefer to do it whilst you're actually decent again. Same goes with Arsenal tbh although that's more unlikely but to have ourselves, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United all at the top of their game and challenging one another for the title would make for a pretty darn tasty season.

I've enjoyed our tussles with Man City but it's not the same when the clubs you really wanted to beat growing up are now pretty poor.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I didn't understand. I'd say if he's willing to pop over then he's by far the best bet since Zidane doesn't seem interest, the Ajax chap seems content where he is and then there isn't really a whole lot left after that in my mind. I'd be throwing everything at him because PSG clearly isn't for him. As I understand he's still living in a hotel whilst his family in London. Just makes clear sense.

It's amazing how fans of football are unable to have discussions with fellow fans of football. Is there an unwritten rule that you can't have an opinion outside taking the piss on match days? As much as I've enjoyed the demise, the 5-0, the 2-0 in our league winning season, there is a small, tiny, minute part of me that would prefer to do it whilst you're actually decent again. Same goes with Arsenal tbh although that's more unlikely but to have ourselves, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United all at the top of their game and challenging one another for the title would make for a pretty darn tasty season.

I've enjoyed our tussles with Man City but it's not the same when the clubs you really wanted to beat growing up are now pretty poor.
    You post more about United than every other team put together by a wide margin.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your point is? If you don't want to answer or engage with a what was a perfectly legitimate post then kindly sod off. I had a natural dislike of Man United being the sole Liverpool fan in a big family full of glory hunters, I had to wait nearly twenty years before witnessing them turn to shit, it's been enjoyable, funny but still a little bit sad because it could quite easily have been us under Hicks and Gillet.

If I took off my blinkers, it's still Man United and they are still a huge sporting institution being dragged through the mud. I don't want them to be dominant or nowt but seeing what they have become is funnier more than it is sad but it's still sad.

Calm down, buddy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is it's fucking tragic.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been like this since Liverpool got good again. It's like some weird concern trolling.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is it's fucking tragic.
    Then just ignore it like an adult, move along and don't answer it, it really is that simple.

Have a nice evening.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev can Smiffy have a spot in your safe space?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You post more about United than every other team put together by a wide margin.
    Can we get a a spreadsheet? @-james-

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    He's been like this since Liverpool got good again. It's like some weird concern trolling.
    Quite the contrary, I've probably been one of the most reserved Liverpool fans amongst us. I got so used to us just waltzing past teams without the potential heart attacks and the season we won it, I imagine many here would have expected me to go absolutely mental with posts, raising old quotes and the like but do you know what it really did? It did me in good and proper. Waiting so long to end the wait and for it to be ended as it was, no mass celebration, the very true definition of an anti-climax, no supporters in the ground, it just stopped me giving too much of a shit about something that I always thought was hugely important for me.

I barely watched any football at all when the stadiums were empty, coupled with how we ended our title winning season, none of it really mattered. Now I'd rather just see some good football irrespective of who is playing. Difficult to explain via text but football/Liverpool I always thought were huge parts of my life, one of the very few constants, turns out, neither were.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Can we get a a spreadsheet? @-james-
    Must remove all mentions of them if in FM threads, in the interest of fairness and all that.

I think it'll surprise a few how little I've mentioned any football for nearly two years. Football just isn't that important anymore, I'd rather watch than have my blinkers on thinking any and every Liverpool side is the best in the world as the case used to be. Perhaps because at one point we were genuinely the best in the world and it made me think oh, how clueless was I.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev can Smiffy have a spot in your safe space?
    This is a lovely piece of bait

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it's happening.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't quite get Messi working. Bodes well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound move that, even if (as Lewis said) it doesn’t work out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managing PSG must be insanely grim.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a bit of Ligue 1 when Sky arrived and it’s just shit. The atmosphere was abysmal.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing, but I understand why they'd rather go with a good manager.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Proper Football Man really is a species that needs protecting now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should swap Pogba for "Poch" and some money/some of their midfielders who aren't chancers

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane will do a good job at PSG as well (I think there and Real Madrid may well be literally the only two clubs he would do well at). A tragic sequence of moves all round.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think PSG are unmanageable; you're obliged to play all of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe if they are fit (unless you want family members to start going missing) and I don't think a team with all 3 is ever going to be balanced.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think PSG are unmanageable; you're obliged to play all of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe if they are fit (unless you want family members to start going missing) and I don't think a team with all 3 is ever going to be balanced.
    Don't United have a similar problem with Greenwood/Rashford/Ronaldo?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, the problem is more that all of their defenders and midfielders are shite.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man who thought Bruno, Ronaldo and Pogba in a side was superb says you can't play Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in a side

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's right, nobody has ever managed to play 3 attacking players together before.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't argue that you can make the Utd 3 operate in a succesful team but the PSG 3 is definitely doable owing to their ridiculous talent.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you put those three in front of the Burnley back eight and put Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen in charge, they'd probably come top eight in the PL, maybe top six.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger problem than the defensive abilities of the attacking personnel at PSG is that none of them really want to be there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Man who thought Bruno, Ronaldo and Pogba in a side was superb
    I've always said I don't think Pogba works in the two behind Fernandes.