User Tag List

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 1,601 to 1,629 of 1629

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get any special dispensation to sign African players at all?

Enjoying the updates, hope you look nice in your new waistcoat

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I do specifically but La Liga in general does in that so many of the nations in Africa count as EU, for reasons.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woof.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shame as he looks quality, but you just can't turn down money like that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think long and hard about it as 12 seasons in players that good are so few and far between, let alone ones that will join Melilla, but he had a £120m fee release clause and while he did have four years left on his deal he's been moaning about joining a bigger club for 12-18 months now.

Newcastle was perfect as if he's as good as he thinks he is then I should taste that sweet 50% sell on fee at some point too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick update on my Ultimate Challenge, and the big news is...Atletico are no more. As I said in my last update, something might come along mid-season, and that something was Arsenal. Struggling in the Premier League (relatively), they were the perfect club to move on to. Obviously I've not yet won the league or cup in England, and Arsenal have great potential despite not winning the league for a couple of decades plus.

I was meaning to share my youngsters at Atletico, not least to show that the future is bright under new manager Jurgen Klopp.

When I left Atletico:

We were absolutely flying, pretty much everything had clicked into place and Kaio Jorge was banging them in for fun.

Finally, shortly after leaving...and just look who he fought off in the 2nd and 3rd.

The Arsenal squad, which on paper is probably slightly stronger than Atletico, but they're pretty comparable:

Things started off pretty easy with Arsenal - I created a number of 4-3-3s that catered for (for example) Saka as a wing back, inverted winger and winger, Odegaard as a roaming playmaker, central midfielder and false nine, and other subtle changes. Not too dissimilar to how I was playing at Atletico (below), just the odd tweak here and there.

Then I decided it was going to become too easy and possibly too boring, so I changed tact (around about where those two draws are). Despite being dominant results wise, we've never really dominated in terms of possession or passes completed, and the matches aren't always easy on the eye. So I decided to add a new challenge, at least for now - as well as winning the league and domestic cup, I must also come top of the possession and passes completed tables. This meant a complete change in team style.

It's a bit of a work in progress, and at the moment I'm tweaking mentality and tempo depending on the fixture.

Finally, Hansi Flick is now in charge of my first club Norwich, and I thought I'd share this little nugget as they came up when I was still with Atletico and they bought one of my players...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top work Scouse. I've been lurking and keeping up on your progress. This situation raises a point I've always wondered. Assuming Atletico go on to win the league, do you get any credit?
    Or is it literally just whoever is in charge when the news item of the league win pops up?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've just won the league cup with Arsenal and taken the credit, so presumably it's whoever is in charge. I won't personally count anything unless I've had a full season with the club.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, the work permits aren’t half a shambles when you’re an English team, eh? Trying to sell or buy foreign youngsters (heh) is literally impossible

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melilla Season 12 - 2032/33 - Window and Jan-Mar Update

With Kosher Messi leaving the club I was torn as to what to do with the funds and in the end I think I may have panicked a bit. SMASHING our transfer record by signing this chap from Man City for £75m.

We lose a fair bit in creativity but hopefully make up for that with his attacking ability and the fact he's left footed. He's got a fair bit of potential left according to my scouts and staff so I've whacked him on AMR and shooting training. To hopefully help with the creativity we've lost we also signed this guy for a bargain £4.6m from Hajduk:

Annoyingly he thinks he's a left wing back so will need to be retrained, but if that's a success we'd have two cracking wing backs and a pretty solid and well rounded first 11.

Last signing of the window for £1.6m from Ponferradina in the Spanish basement and straight out on loan. Hopefully one for the future.

Results

Pretty solid stuff and finally a win over Barca or Real in the league. Madrid (until that game) had hit their stride, so think we have too much to make up to take the title, but a second place finish would be lovely.

Really though, the hopes of our first trophy since the Spanish Fourth tier win, 11 years ago, rest on the Europa Conference League.

I fancy our chances up to the final, where we'll no doubt get Lazio if we make it and they're legitimately challenging for Serie A as I type.

Oh and:

Last edited by Yevrah; 20-09-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Galatasaray taken care of:

Nice up next.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Nice taken care of.

Quite unbelievable we only won that tie 3-2, we were all over them for 180 minutes. Lazio up next in our first European final. I'm shitting it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fewer than 4,000 seats and that's the rest of the Kosher Messi money gone. I wouldn't have bothered begging them for an increase if I'd known it'd be that shit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely gutted.

The own goal we conceded for the equaliser having dominated was ludicrous.

An all time high of second place in the league though.

And the wage budget just keeps rising.

England up next with Kylian Mbappe's France in the semi-final of the Nations League. He has 141 goals in 183 caps.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started a new game on Championship Manager 01/02 with mega-loaded Rushden & Diamonds.

Loving the speed and lack of fuckery (press conferences, player interactions) and the simplicity of training, tactics and playing the game.

Update to follow this evening, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, you can delegate those jobs you're not interested in.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    You know, you can delegate those jobs you're not interested in.
    Yeah, I know I just like to complain.

EDIT: Also, CM0102 has Bambang Pamungkas, so.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's been a decent start, but I struggled to actually sign some players. Approached the usual CM0102 legends; Kerr (went to Villa), Tsigalko (flat out refused), Lunden (refused), Young-soo (refused), Bakirciouglu (refused).

So, despite having tonnes of money for Division 2 (tier 4) I was worried I wouldn't actually sign anyone. Fortunately, I have used one of the CM0102 tools and removed the Work Permit regs so was able to sign some Asian beauts...

Legendary Thai striker Kiatisuk "Zico" Senamuang (free) and Indonesia goal machine Bambang Pamungkas (£625k). Then, I started to panic and bid for about 20 defenders, with Taribo West joining on a free, Alpay (£2.8m) deciding to leave Villa to join me and CM0102 stalwart Fred Risk joining from Goteborg (£2.8m).

Spent £6.25, recouped peanuts in some players sales, and still have £13.25 to spend.

Tactically, we are all over the place. Started with my old favourite of 4-3-1-2 but struggled to keep clean sheets, so switched to 5-3-2, then of course we couldn't score. Still experimenting quite a lot.

A decent start to the season, but we struggle to string 3 decent performances together. The existing squad we inherited was, and is, utter bilge.

Transfers

The Squad

The Players

The Table

The Finances

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa why is it widescreen

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, windowed mode is way too small, so I use full screen mode.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on the champman0102 forums and you can download something called Nick's Patcher which (amongst a million other things) brings the windowed resolution into the 21st century. I play windowed in 1280xwhatever.

Also, Alpay? You brave man. Risp and West.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Go on the champman0102 forums and you can download something called Nick's Patcher which (amongst a million other things) brings the windowed resolution into the 21st century. I play windowed in 1280xwhatever.

Also, Alpay? You brave man. Risp and West.
    Yeah, used his patcher, but for some reason it still does some weird ass sizing. Thanks though!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading this Football Manager guide/book by someone called Cleon, which I've found interesting. In one of the sections he talks about different playing styles and the key attributes for each. I decided to create some new squad screens with the relevant attributes and came up with five different ways of playing: defensive, fluid counter attack, gegenpress, tiki taka and attacking. I spent a bit of time looking at each player in the Arsenal squad and ended up with five different tactical styles. They're all versions of a 4-3-3 but all quite different.

It's allowed me to look much more closely at the real strengths of the team as a whole, and individual players. In short, unsurprisingly we're very well suited to the more attacking options, in particular the standard attacking option, which is a bit of hybrid gegenpress/possession style. But this allows me to easily adapt if necessary, and manage the squad better in terms of both rotation and intensity. Here's a couple of examples of it in action:

As mentioned earlier, we won the League Cup, but that was it for this season. We came really close to the league title though, pushing Chelsea all the way to the end. Considering where we were in December, that's pretty good progress.

We also lost to Chelsea in the Champions League final, knocking out former team and current holders Atletico in the first place. I'm not planning on making many signings as the squad is pretty well balanced, I'm just going to use the extensive scouting options to try and get some youngsters in. I've promoted a couple of 19/20 year-olds but they're no more than decent.

In other (former club) news, Jurgen Klopp ballsed Atletico's league campaign up and finished 3rd, before jumping ship to Juventus where Guardiola left to join Newcastle. Hansi Flick guided Norwich to 16th but won the FA Cup with them, and Harry Kane has surpassed Alan Shearer's 260 league goals record.
    Last edited by ScousePig; 24-09-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started unemployed and then took over Southampton in March, they were 19th with 20 points. Had a good run of form to end very comfortable

Then it got weird as the form continued into the second season and didn't actually stop

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blimey, what tactic do you use?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 4231 version in the post here https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/stephe...3#post-2556538

It's not really felt like it was overpowered before so it must be a happy coincidence that it suits Southampton, apart from replacing the goalkeeper it's basically the same first team that got Ralph Hasselhoof sacked.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just won a game 7-0:

The weird thing? My keeper (Rutter) had 3 assists.

He's now got 4 in the league.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty windy down there.