Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd wait until the actual intake. I've had a supposed "excellent intake" give me four 2.5-star potential players as the best of the lot. Different positions as well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already printed off the "Golden Generation" banners though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go ahead and print the World Cup 2034 winners t-shirts too. Better be prepared.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wraca do domu

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck the Chairman part 1282928193:

Deadline day, 19:15 and he accepts a shit offer for our best winger. Incredible...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 22:50...

We fucking signed him for £1.7m and he's improved massively under us. The prick didn't even get involved when Dortmund put in a bigger offer.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can no longer work with the chairman and as such the save is on hold until I can stop SEETHING.

I have decided to load up an English level 10 Journeyman save. I have put on attribute masking and I will only be signing players based on scout reports and DOF recommendations. I cannot go looking for players myself.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I can no longer work with the chairman and as such the save is on hold until I can stop SEETHING.
    I've been there.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club were founded in 1883 and, according to Wiki, are the Northernmost team to play in the Football League. This is down to them being founder members of the Football League Third Division North. The town is 15 miles north of Newcastle and they have some footballing history as the Charlton brothers were born here. The club currently plays in the ninth tier

I was planning to stay south, ideally in Hertfordshire or one of the surrounding counties but they came in and offered me a whopping £1,350 wage budget, although the club are currently spending almost all of it.

Here is the squad:

Which is surprisingly thin considering how much we're spending in wages however there is some quality there. Including these two:

Yannick looks too good for this tier of football and he's going to be solid at the back. Coach report reckons he's got the potential to be a Vanarama North/South player which is 3 tiers higher than this division. He's wanted by others and obviously on a non-contract so I doubt he's staying here for long.

He looks very well rounded and the coaches think he can play in any role at CM which is handy.

Here is our hot prospect:

Might have to target him at set pieces to knick a few goals.

Not sure what tactic I'm going to play, I'd like a 4-4-2 but I'd need to bring players in for that as we have nothing on the wings so it will probably be a narrow diamond for now.

Media is currently predicting us to finish 4th so in the playoff spots. Previous manager has played a game and we won 3-1 against Crook Town who are predicted to finish bottom. The manager played a 4-4-2 with the assistant manager, a 39 year old CDM, playing at LM. Probably not something that I will be looking to copy.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow following in the footsteps of Steve Harmison

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Mahow following in the footsteps of Steve Harmison
    Thommo told me this too, I have no idea about cricket though.

Thommo also pointed out that Ben Harmison is his brother.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got a player with 16 for penalty taking and he's scored 1 in 5.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At what point do you stop playing and start a new save? Any milestones?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning to get a league title in all the big nations (England still to go) and maybe some international silverware but I can't be arsed with the latter so just Premier League it is. I am just waiting for a decent opportunity to move there really. Not planning to start a save immediately after this one is done, but I've started watching Critical Role episodes again so I might actually fire one up to play when I am watching, which would probably a lower league to CL type of save.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 09-02-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always get to a point where all the real players are now managers and I hit a bit of a lull and want to start again elsewhere. Some of the monster games I see on here are impressive, I'm not sure if I've gone past maybe 15 seasons at the most

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    At what point do you stop playing and start a new save? Any milestones?
    When your dickhead chairman sells 6 of your best players for peanuts...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a (Greek funnily enough) manager that has kinda made his career on the back of mine. He joined Bayern when I left, then PSG when I left and now Barcelona.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed on another season for this.... the Champions League qualifying path fixtures!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite the unlucky path it feels like. Cluj in the first round especially.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King of the giant killings here.
    No matter the outcome, I'm gone once the season is done.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce & Poland 2026/27 Season Update:

I have calmed down and have been playing the save for the last few days and finished the season.

Transfers Out:

Let's get the bad news out of the way first.

Zyro got the hump in the Summer as Legia were sniffing around so I put a £2.5m price tag on him. He was my best CB but that much for a 28 year old would have been too much to reject. RWD came in for him offering peanuts which I rejected, a day later they offered the full £2.5m which the board accepted (I would have done it too. So I was happy with the business done in the Summer.

I then thought we were safe as whilst clubs were sniffing around Formella (Dortmund primarily) the board weren't accepting offers for him and it looked like he was going to stay. Then with hours to go on deadline day the dickhead chairman accepts a low offer for him (lower than Dortmund offered...) as well as my best winger. It was a massive blow.

Losing them both was tough. Jakub isn't an amazing all rounder but his physicals are just really strong for this league and Formella is near perfect for my tactic and my scouts (at the club and internationally) absolutely love him. He will be in the Poland squad soon.

Transfers In:

He doesn't fit into my system but my scouts think he's got a lot of potential and for just £170k I felt like I had to take the gamble. He hasn't played much for us but he's done better than I thought he would. He's already wanted by a few clubs so I think the deal was sound.

I felt we needed more quality in midfield so I splashed out £850k for him as he was already better than what we have and has a lot of potential. Club Brugge are interested in him so I expect THE DICKHEAD will be looking to accept offers of £1m if that.

A big signing at a cool £1m. He can play anywhere in defence and I've been giving him lots of opportunities at full back and he has consistently failed to deliver. He's clearly only a backup but I've been really struggling to find good Polish full backs in the save so far, hopefully he kicks on next season.

£110k and man has he been great, he's stepped up in a lot of games this year. He's a natural RB/AMR/ST (weird combo) and he's been sensational at AMR. Sadly when Formella left he became our second striker and he hasn't been nearly as effective there.

£875k and our replacement for Zyro. He can't take a penalty like Zyro but he's been better defensively, he's been great for us thus far.

League:

Had we not been so good last year this season would be a great success, especially as we lost so many key players. As it is this was a bit of a failure and we really struggled at times, especially after the transfer window closed when we lost two key players and weren't able to replace them.

Cup:

At least we won 1 game this year.

Europe:

As soon as we drew Bilbao we were done. We actually played fairly well in both legs, especially away but Inaki Williams was just too much for our defence to handle.

Squad:

We're super light at ST right now so that is something that I will have to address in the Summer. Other than that I'm fairly happy with my squad as is.

Also, our youth intake was not as great as my coaches/scouts made out however this guy isn't too shabby:

Poland:

Level on points with France but due to their better H2H against us they ended up beating us to qualifying for the knockouts for the Nations League. We've also started our Euro Qualifiers and have played two games, a 12-0 win over Liechtenstein and a 2-2 draw with Switzerland. The group also includes Gibraltar, Hungary and Austria.

Lewandowski is still doing fine, he scored 4 against the goat herders and 1 against Switzerland.

There are a few promising youngsters starting to come through too:

Produced by Groningen who was then sold to Leverkusen for £14.5m and this season made the move to Juventus for £31.5m. A starting CM for us and was number 1 on the nextgen list the year before.

He was at Legia and I tried to sign him this Summer when Zyro was sold but he wasn't interested. He went to Hamburg for £3.2m but they have not been playing him so he requested a transfer in the mid-season window and was interested in us. Sadly the club wouldn't give us the money to sign him despite Hamburg only wanting £2.8m. He's since asked to come off the transfer list though.

Just produced by Bayern, he was originally listed as German but I asked him to switch and he gladly did so. He will be getting a cap ASAP to lock him to us.

Not willing to change allegiance just yet but I will be trying to change him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems Olcha did not have a change of heart.

He was still on the transfer list but for £16.5m however my scouts/DOF have just informed me his price has dropped to £1.7m.

Edit: He wants £11.25k a week, RIP.

This is spicy though:

Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 12-02-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're super light at ST right now so that is something that I will have to address in the Summer.
    Lewandowski soon.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Lewandowski soon.
    He doesn't have a contract right now.

Sadly he will not talk to us.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prusaczyk looks a player. Keep the updates coming.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    King of the giant killings here.
    No matter the outcome, I'm gone once the season is done.

It's on!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fourth season with East Fife, and first in the Scottish Championship looked a tricky one:

After a pretty good start:

I decided to call it quits. East Fife were a semi-professional club and I seemingly couldn't go beyond a National A Licence with them, meaning nobody was really interested in my services. I applied for some League 2 and even National League and National League North/South jobs, and still no luck. These were teams with lower reputations than me and East Fife. I applied for a few jobs in the lower leagues in the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy too, but with no joy.

So I packed my bags, and ended up managing to bag a job at lowly Blyth Spartans, in the National League North. They're a much worse team, but at least they're professional status, and straight away I was able to go for my Continental C Licence. My reputation took a slight hit, but hopefully that will recover quite soon. I forgot to take a screenshot, but Blyth were 21st out of 22 in the league at the mid-way point in the season, with 15 points.

The squad was absolutely bloated (highest wages in the league), and mostly with shite. It took a while to peddle the shite back into the Under 18 squad, but I was still left with a squad of 26. I reverted back to my no-nonsense, slightly more direct style of football as Blyth don't really have any playmakers. I also had to switch a little between three and four at the back, due to a lack of options in defensive midfield.

It was pretty straightforward to turn things around.

Now it's summer 2025, I have my Continental C Licence and my reputation is back up to 2 stars. I'm currently deciding whether to stick around or look to move on. There's a League Two job which may be worth testing the waters...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how many caps it takes to lock a player in for a nationality?

One of the youths I convinced to SHUN Germany has now been given 4 caps (at 16) and it still says he's eligible for the krauts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's four if they're under 21, but competitive only (friendlies don't count). I'm just going off real life rules mind, I still play 01/02 like a true fossil.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've all been Euro qualifiers.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems they have to turn 21 or play in a tournament...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fucking day before the Euros begin.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On we go!

And that sucks Mahow

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fucking day before the Euros begin.
    Ah no. How many caps did he get?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Ah no. How many caps did he get?
    He's on 194 right now. He'd have gotten to 200 if we did alright at the Euros.

I'm hoping it will give me the option to ask him to wait.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got round to finishing off my 2nd season with Llanelli Town, and it all ended in a bit of an anti-climax. After our lightning start helped by our promotion momentum, the season fizzled out completely, and we struggled after the split into the Championship Phase. We started off with 8 wins in the opening 9 games, and followed that with just 23 points in the remaining 23 games. 5th is still a great first season at the top level, but Europe wasn't far away and it would have been really nice to get the rep boost and an influx of cash.

Our attack completely stalled in the latter stages of the season, as we scored only 4 times in the final 9 games of the season, so I'm already looking to recruit upgrades for the front 3, and tweak the tactic to allow us to be a bit more dominant and create a bit more. I've swept up a number of trialists, most notably Marcus Maddison, he of many good seasons with Peterborough United. Hopefully his wage demands aren't ridiculous as his technical stats are phenomenal.

One final point to note - the good performance from TNS and Connah's Quay last season in Europe has meant that Wales are up to 46th in the nation coefficients, and we've got an extra Conference League place. 4th spot will grant European qualification (depending on the Cup winner), and I think that, with some good additions, that has to be the aim for the next season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youth recruitment day:

He's alright but I doubt he'll ever play for us if we can keep hold of our current keeper.

I quite like him but not entirely sure where I'll end up playing him. He's a natural CDM (which we don't play) and then he can also play at CB and CM. I'll re-train him as one of those fully at some point.

Full backs are a major problem for us (and Poland) right now but I don't think he's the answer. Not sure what my scouts see in him really.

The giant I really like him a lot as do my backroom staff who are already recommending that he be moved into the first team the day I signed him to a contract. I think he's probably the best the club have produced in my save but the personality trait is a real shitter though.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he won’t wanna up sticks to Legia Warsaw anytime soon.

Maybe he’ll beat Lewandowksi to 200 caps.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the great man.

He's at 196 caps, we have two friendlies before the Euros to take him to 198 and his retirement date is still set for the day before the Euros.

He better not go through with this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is going through with it

I can't select him for my Euros team.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get Marczuk to mentor the other lot in eyebrow maintenance. Monobrow freaks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's still playing well ffs.

This is all Madrid's fault, they wouldn't give him another contract and no one else was willing to give him one. Well I was willing to give him one but he wasn't interested in coming to us.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outperforming xG at 39.

Just about to manage my 300th game. No silverware to speak of.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 minutes AFTER I had to name my squad

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you put him on a reserve list?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, got to hope someone gets injured before I name my 23.

I have reloaded and named 28 men in my 30 man squad in the hopes of being able to get him in at some point.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final day of the season is going to be spicy.

Cracovia play Lechia (6th) at home, we play Arka (12th) at home and Legia play Wisla Plock (15th) away.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2027/28 Season Update:

Transfers In:

I had tried to bring him in at the end of his contract the season before but Lech activated a one year extension. I don't think he's great outside of his physicals and I bought him to make an impact on games from the bench.

I wanted someone tall as we were lacking in height at the back. I rarely used him because outside of that he's shit, he will be going in the Summer now that our youth team has produced a taller better giant.

Went out on loan not long after joining us, I think he could be very handy for the team when he realises his potential.

£74k is a steal and Legia are already sniffing around him.

I'm going to group these three together. All very cheap backup options who I'm hoping I can make a little bit of money on. None of them did anything for us this year and two of them went out on loan whilst the third couldn't be loaned out due to lack of interest.

The first of my big spends. I needed a quality CB to come in to partner Strzezysz and Tommie filled the role. Some big clubs are looking at him now so he might not be with us for long.

Very cheap winger with good physicals who has decent potential.

I did not think I would be able to get him but am I glad I did. The guy was insane for us this year and he fit the team so well, we needed someone like this after losing Formella in February last year to Legia. Sadly a lot of clubs are looking at him right now although I've offered him a massive new deal.

Our first choice keeper got injure for 2-3 months and I didn't think any of our youth were ready to step in and start so nabbed this guy from Legia.

Transfers Out:

No big names leaving other than Sitek. The board did not accept this deal, it was something that I engineered. He was a natural all down the right and could play in a few other positions too. In his seasons with us I was mainly playing him at RB and he just wasn't doing anything so this deal was a no brainer.

League:

We were playing some really good football but in the first half of the season that wasn't resulting in a lot of points. We'd do well then get in or near the European spots before dropping points like crazy. In the second half we continued playing well but we were actually putting away our chances and not conceding stupid goals. I kept thinking we'd eventually start regressing when he hit 5th but we didn't and we kept rising up the table.

Absolutely insane season. We struggled so much in the first half and we couldn't establish ourselves in the league:

But in the second half we couldn't be stopped. I didn't think we had a chance at winning as Cracovia were 9 points up with only a handful of games to go but they ended up losing to Miedz, us and Lechia as well as drawing with Arka.

Cup:

One year I'll take it seriously.

Squad:

I think one of the biggest things that helped us finally start clicking is getting the RB position sorted. I started playing Blaszczykowski (our AMR) there and using Koziara at AMR and they formed a serious threat down the right. This also seemed to give Oszust a little kick up the backside as he started doing a lot better when we brought him back into the team.

I think ultimately I will be putting Blaszczykowski back there as an attacking RB and looking to bring Koziara back on loan or buying a new AMR as it really helped. LB is still a problem though.

Champions League football next season