Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1629

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SI: no actually dynamic youth ratings IS working and you smell

Thin-skinned Miles has certainly built a company in his own image. Twat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking finally. We'll probably get slapped 5-0 at Wembley mind you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern 2038/39 Update

Powered through another season in Germany. Again the transfer windows were mostly spent signing youngsters, however we did end up signing two major players, while selling some of the older ones.

One more familiar face joins me at Bayern, as Neubauer joins us from Leipzig for a combined 140m. For a defender of his stature, who's also proved he can perform in my tactic and is German, I consider that a bargain.

This one joined us in January. I sold two aging strikers for a combined 125m, bought this guy for 100m and promoted another one from the academy, so I am really happy with that. He hasn't gotten used to our tactics yet but he's scored some massive goals already and he's playing in the sort of supporting striker role in my tactic, so anything upwards of one goal every other game will be considered a win.

Really really easy and my first unbeaten season in Germany. We were dominant from start to finish, even more so against the big teams, with our two draws coming against Stuttgart and Hoffenheim. We got back to our goalscoring ways with 120 scored (2 shy of our previous record) but it appears to have come at the (small) expense of our defence as we conceded 28.

Not much to say, just more of the same really.

City was the only team to beat us this season and they even did it twice. Thankfully it wasn't enough to keep us from winning our third consecutive Champions League title, which I think I've only managed once more in the 2+ decades I've been playing this game. The squad is just full of world class players (in fact we own no fewer than 8 out of the top 10 players in the world according to that top 50 thingy list they send out every year) and I get something stupid like 300-500 million to spend every season. I'd like to take credit for everything but at this point the game sort of plays itself for me. I did mention Dehghani scoring some massive goals and they couldn't have come at any better moment as he scored a brace against City and in the final against PSG. He earned his 100m tag (and more) just for those 4 goals alone (his second in the final was even goal of the season). As a sidenote, we once again failed to win the European Super Cup, which remains the one trophy to elude me.

Marcos had a horrible season with just 69 goals scored. I think I might drop him for next season, that's just unacceptable. Washington Luiz was brilliant once again. He might be the first midfielder to score 30+ goals for me. I have already spoken about Dehghani but it is interesting to note that of the 10 goals we scored in our last 4 games, 6 were his with Marcos grabbing the other 4. Quite the pairing I am sure you'll agree.

So where do I go from here? The original plan was to stay one more season and run down my contract, but a decent opportunity arose and I quite fancied a change of pace so I will be moving to Italy and:

Last edited by Adramelch; 18-01-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you give Marcos a new contract with a minimum fee clause before leaving?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, that would almost be cheating. Even if I had, I highly doubt he'd leave Bayern for Inter to be honest.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like what the actual fuck:

Hit the post 5 times by the way.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 18-01-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce & Poland 2024/25 Season Update:

Transfers In:

We didn't need another winger but he's natural on both sides as well as being two footed. For £15k I think it was a good deal, especially as he agreed a squad player role.

Our second striker has been shit so I needed an upgrade and went for this guy for £48k.He's been an upgrade but he hasn't been incredible which could be a problem next season.

This guy is a natural at WBR, MR and AMR as well as being accomplished at DR. £75k for him which is the record fee and it's a bit steep for him but I'm planning on using him at RB.

Transfers Out:

I would have liked to keep him as a squad player but he kicked up a fuss so I cashed in and got £48.5k.

League:

I thought we'd stumble after the break and we did have a wobble because of injuries. Thankfully we had a cracking finish and it's a brilliant result.

Squad:

Our starting CBs were superb and were a big reason why we finished so highly in the league. We're losing Krystian Daniel in the Summer as he's agreed to join Sampdoria (I made an offer but they offered him £4.5k a week) and we're going to be in trouble without him.

Also, we could be in trouble as Kopec is wanted by many clubs:

We'll get paid if he does go (I managed to get his release clause out during the season) but he's so good and will be hard to replace.

Club:

So in the league you have to have a stadium with at least 4.5k seats and ours is only 2.9k. The board tried to expand last year IIRC but the council blocked it. As such this has happened:

I hate it, yes the stadium is a lot bigger than our previous home however we weren't filling up the old place and Siedlce to Warsaw is about a 90 minute car/train ride away. Hopefully when the finances are better we can build a new stadium in Siedlce.

Here are our new kits for the season, not great but not too bad.

Poland:

Great start to the qualifiers, especially the result against England. Hopefully we keep it up as I'd love a straight qualification.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The board have accepted offers from Arsenal and Mainz for £725k and they wont let me persuade them to stop being twats

He's gone. The board have given me just £110k from the deal and Arsenal wont loan him to me unless we pay £150k a month, all of his £15k p/w wages and buy him for £13.75m after 15 games.

I'm seething.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 20-01-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s have a look at Lewandowski?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 19 Natural fitness is putting in some serious work.

Madrid paid £39.5m for him in the second season and Man United are currently sniffing around him.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can he get 200 caps?

Stat pad with friendlies against Comoros at every opportunity.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His attributes read like a 31 year old. Likely to reach 40?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Can he get 200 caps?

Stat pad with friendlies against Comoros at every opportunity.
    I don't think so, he'd need to be playing until 39/40. Just a shame he missed like 5 games with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    His attributes read like a 31 year old. Likely to reach 40?
    He's already retired once from the national team so every time we're playing in a tournament you've got to imagine he's thinking about leaving at the end of it.

Nothing in his plans regarding ending his career though which is good and he's still getting interest from other big clubs.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skip 9:17 if the embedded link doesnt work. More about this dynamic youth rating rather than his twitch save.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely a matter of time until Miles suicide bombs his apartment?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's playing with fire and it's glorious.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it depends on if Miles understands the concept of "America."

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's probably on a no fly list.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure SI are really built for (even constructive) criticism. They're built for churning out a game once a year, collecting the dollar and having pally tweets with C-list celebs who play.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a long update since I played through two seasons at Inter.

Squad overview

Toggle Spoiler

Inter 2039/40 Update

Toggle Spoiler

Inter 2040/41 Update

Toggle Spoiler

I think the plan now is to stay at Inter and hopefully see all those youngsters flourish, but if an interesting job appears in England or Spain I will probably just take it.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 22-01-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do with Czapa on my save.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your board would sell him for £800k.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate them so much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you can put the money towards coaching courses.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    At least you can put the money towards coaching courses.

They're hesitant to spend any money. We have £1.4m in the bank right now but anything I request they tell me to fuck off. Training/youth facilities? No money for it. Junior coaching? No money. Youth Recruitment? No money.

I sold this guy the other season and got £800k + 50% next sale. He's worse than the guy they sold. He's just got a few offers from clubs for £2m so we're set to make a decent chunk.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out we were to play in the Club World Cup, courtesy of them reaching the CL final a few years back (my first CL win with Bayern). We made it past Barcelona (4-1) and Bayern (3-2) to set up a final against City. We were just a couple of minutes away from winning the whole thing before they scored an (undeserved let me tell you) equaliser and then we had a player sent off at the start of extra time and we crumbled from there. Still, we weren't expected to even reach the final so a good performance all things considered.

This was our first Serie A game of the season by the way:

Just a casual 7 goals from Grahovac. Last season we won our first game 9-0 so there might be a pattern forming up there.

I was also offered the job at Valencia and I was quite tempted to get it, but it was late in August and the squad needed a lot of work so I ended up turning them down. I am also kinda keen to see how all the youngsters I've brought at Inter turn up, so maybe I'll stay a bit longer than I initially intended and maybe hopefully challenge for some European silverware.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 'in'. Apologies if this is all a bit tl;dr or not something you can get behind as an editor is in use (the in game one so I can make real time changes) as not sure if the one inside Steam can(?)

Either way....chaps, I give you....

Ellesmere Rangers.

When Smjffy was announced as the new manager of Ellesmere Rangers, no one bat an eyelid. Why would you? Smjffy was a complete unknown, barely Sunday League experience and Ellesmere Rangers were a club languishing the lower reaches of the English pyramid. In fact, the news attracted just one solitary journalist who reported for the local newspaper that barely anyone read anyway.
    But....
    Hours later....
    Ellesmere Rangers announce Sammy Lee as the clubs assistant manager. Lee, although unemployed, raised eyebrows by dropping so far down the ladder but just a few more hours later, more eyebrows were raised and in the blink of an eye, Ellesmere Rangers were being spoken about on Sky Sports News.
    Tony Adams joins as the clubs Director of Football and heads were being scratched. Sammy Lee of course, had experience as a no.2 with the likes of Merseyside duo, Liverpool and Everton as well as relatively short stints with Crystal Palace and WBA. Tony Adams, the Arsenal legend having experience in various capacities with Portsmouth, Qabala, Granada and company.
    Strange appointments but as the pieces landed on by one, a clearer picture was starting to emerge. Ellesmere Rangers announced the clubs new owner, a little known company that simply went by TTH LTD. No one knew what TTH stood for and such was the lack of information on the organisation, various claims were being banded about but the arrivals showed no sign of stopping and the only thing lacking was a 'face' to explain what was emerging.
    Nicky Butt, former Manchester United midfielder announced as the clubs Head of Youth Development.
    David Platt and Gareth Barry signing up to the mysterious project as coaches. Chris Kirkland, former Liverpool goalkeeper then announcing on Twitter that he'd be leaving Colne imminently to join as the clubs goalkeeping coach and then Peter Reid telling <inert sky news> that he too would be leaving his current employers, Ipswich Town to become the the Technical Director.
    Finally, Nicky Shorey, a lesser name than the above but said to have a good eye for spotting talent, he joined as the clubs Chief Scout.
    As those curious enough waited for further news on the clubs plans, goals, ambitions as well as a bit of information on how it all came about, the club itself posted a short and sweet statement on its newly designed website.
    "Every football club has a dream, a supposed DNA, an ambition to be the best but chasing such dreams can and have become a nightmare for those that the club truly belongs to. The fans. Some dream of a billionaire or consortium coming in, waving a major wand and bringing some success, shared adventures, the top talents and of course, silverware.
    We here at TTH LTD, we are no different but we aren't billionaires and we don't actually believing that taking over a top flight club, or a Championship club is the right way to create a love affair for the faithful supporters and indeed the neutrals who simply love the game.
    We are excited to announce that this is our version, as custodians to this football club, our vision, our goal, our project is to take Ellesmere Rangers to the promised land and beyond. There is no deadline, no time limit, no ten year plan to achieve this, there is just this and that is our word.
    We say to you now, tomorrow and well into the future that a promise is a promise and we want to make our first promise known.
    We promise that we will be.....
    Relentless.
    Join us on our journey because this....this is the start.
    Yours,
    Ellesmere Rangers.

Disclaimer: I am proposing that this is the threads first interactive save but for the time being, you'll have to bare with as none of you will appear until the club get its first youth intake later in the season. I have deemed it to be fair that those with the most posts within the thread will be the given priority (by that, I simply mean, I'll be renaming the first batch to yours) but if anyone who isn't much of a poster and has read this far, simple make mention that you wish to be considered and of course, TTH LTD and Ellesmere Rangers could give you that opportunity as we progress.

Disclaimer II: I will do my utmost to keep TTH representatives at the club but given our current standing in world football and the further announcements due to come, I can't guarantee your long term future but rest assured, I will follow your future and include it in my seasonal updates.

TMD meets FM22 thread? Well, I need something to occupy myself so let's go.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part Two.
    Incoming. It's going to be a busy summer.
    After announcing a raft of newcomers in the staffing departments, the select few who followed Ellesmere Rangers beforehand would have already known that the club lacked players. In fact, with the new season due to commence, those loyal to the cause knew that only six first team players were currently attached to club.

Jack Sweeney, a 17 year old on loan from AFC Telford. Marco Adaggio, a 33 year old Italian striker. Nicky Porter (38), Jack Gwilliams (26), Connor Courtney (29) and Carl Rogers (29).

The North West Counties League Division 1 South was about to get raided. Or so it was assumed. It was however, again, a wrong assumption as news quickly leaked that the summer plan was to excite the 'big guns'. I suppose the term 'big guns' to a club competing at the tenth level of the pyramid could have been anybody but the first body.....the first arrival, the first part of a 1,000 piece jigsaw, if you will.....was about to be unveiled.
    (Game Time) See if you can guess before hitting the spoiler.

"I started my career with Liverpool FC at the turn of the millennium although I never made the grade. I was given an opportunity with the late great Bury FC which brought first team experience although by my own stand personal standards, a lack of goals. I did reach double figures in my last year at the club though before Championship side Preston North End took a punt.

I feel like I took to the division like a duck in water and repaid the £100,000 transfer fee and if I didn't, I definitely did when Portsmouth paid £4,500,000 and took me to top flight. It was however, although not in my own eyes, a step too far as just three goals in my three year stay at the club suggested I was, quote/unquote, 'a flop'. That FA Cup final though eh...

After joining Burnley on loan, it looked like my time was up with Pompey but I returned a better player and a proven goal-scorer at Championship level. 15 goals in my final season on the South Coast before I moved to Leicester City on a free and enjoyed arguably the best spell of my career during those four years in the Midlands. Another big move followed as again, I made my employer millions, this time Middlesbrough stumping up over £5M. It wasn't a rememberable time and I left pretty quickly believing that Derby County were the club to kick start both myself and my career. It didn't go great in terms in goals but it was more enjoyable although the club opted not to renew the three year deal I honoured. I however, I was honoured as a late call late into the summer transfer window saw me return once again to Preston North End. The old adage that you shouldn't never go back...I think that proved to be true in this instance. I was loaned out to League 2 side Tranmere Rovers before eventually being released.

Well, here I now am as the first arrival for Ellesmere Rangers and as in line with the clubs promise, even at my ripe old age of 36. I promise, I promise to be....relentless."

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to love reading TMD back in the day. I think it's the biggest part of why I originally stayed in the old forum. As for the editor stuff, you do you. We're not here to tell you how to enjoy the game, surely?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't give a hoot if any of you did have an issue with it either but just clarifying that it is in use to some extent. A) for the 'story' and B) because I need to create you folk as we move forward. I hope for it to be an interactive save of sorts so feel free to throw something out there. Perhaps a scandal will occur in the dressing room or as we all sit down for breakfast and as such, the written update will have to elaborate on such internal issues. Think Harchester United. The club promises to be 'relentless' and so I think that is a promise we should all make. If you want to bring a sniper rifle to training (assuming you're in the first intake ) and shoot Sammy Lee dead then you do just that, just be prepared to face the consequences and don't expect to be asked your opinion on who the new assistant manager should then be.

Let's play chaps.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    We're not here to tell you how to enjoy the game, surely?
    Exactly.

That's Miles Jacobsons job.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part Three.

David Nugent's arrival opened the floodgates and the club again started to trend on social media by announcing a further arrival on the hour, every hour. As you would imagine, supporters from all over the country gave their expert opinions but it was also a trip down memory lane for some. Just as importantly though, the number of followers the club account had multiplied tenfold.
    Minus the comments section, here are the 2021/22 arrivals in full.

Frank Fielding (33) - Although he never made it with Blackburn Rovers, loan spells at Wycombe and Rochdale (twice) suggested he had 'something' about him before his final loan move, this time to Derby County resulted in a £400K to make it a permanent one. It was a fleeting partnership however despite being #1 at one point as he moved to Bristol City and made the position his own for five successive seasons, well, near enough his own. Released after falling out of favour in his final year, Millwall took a punt and either the missed or Fielding dropped the ball as it didn't work out.

Josh Clarke (27) - An experienced hand who can feature all down the right side of the pitch, much of his career was spent with Brentford although it wasn't entirely memorable. Released after ten years with the club just last season and picked up by Wigan. Zero appearances suggests that didn't work out either.

Sam Habergham (29) - Found his level in 2011 after failing to make the grade with Norwich City. A season with Tamworth enough to tempt Braintree Town into a purchase. A regular he became until agreeing to move to Lincoln City at the end of his contract, a wise decision in hindsight as Lincoln returned to the Football League at the first time of asking. Fared well stepping up to League Two but released a year later, Grimsby Town came in thereafter but the division as a whole seemed a step too far for the left back.

David Wheater (34) - The acquisition speaks for itself and the veteran centre-back's name alone would be enough to to a decent proportion of football fans of a certain age. He'll definitely be a regular starter and should lead by example both on and off the field.

Rob Swaine (33) - At the other end of the scale in terms of recognition, Swaine unlike Wheater has spent his entire career in the lower leagues turning out for Thurruck, Bromley and Billericay Town but recent years he's floated around aimlessly in search of that final contract. For sure he's a stop gap until the youth intakes are ready but will be capable enough at our level and will probably partner DW at the back.

Daniel Boateng (28) - A former Arsenal product who can play at right back and centre back but also another who has had to work hard throughout to forge a career in the game. He didn't make it with The Gunners and had to move from England to secure first team football. First to Scotland, then to Bosnia before fitting in a short stint in Swede along the way. Airdrie took a gamble on him in 2016/2017 and it was by far his most productive season, only a season too as the lure of playing abroad proved to be too much. Short spells in Poland and Romania followed until Welling United brought him back to the UK.

Dean Parrett (29) - The attacking midfielder/winger was rated enough to gain an England U21 cap back in the day but he had to leave Tottenham Hotspur eventually. Loan spells with Aldershot, Plymouth, Charlton, Yeovil and Swindon Town pretty much confirming his true level in the game. Eventually free to leave Spurs despite the London side spending £2M to sign him from QPR, he joined Stevenage and the move helped him gain regular first team football for the first time. Released from Barnet last season though which makes ourselves, Ellesmere Rangers his thirteen club.
    Finally...for this update at least but the complete transfer window....

(GAME TIME!)

"I started my career with Liverpool, I even broke into the first team but it would be fair to say that my name wasn't even made on the football pitch, heck, it could be argued that it arrived via Championship Manager 0102 but let's not go there. I had to leave Anfield and joined Hull City where I got more minutes, a few years later I was loaned to Chester City and really, my career never recovered. Spells with Carlisle, Bury and Tranmere Rovers followed, the move to Tranmere highlight that I did actually have a little bit of talent. Preston North End took me after that and we even gained promotion to the Championship during my time there. I didn't feature much after the first season and my last two clubs confirmed where I was heading as I dropped to League Two with Grimsby before finding myself at Atherton Collieries and last season, Stafford Rangers. I'm a midfielder by trade and if I moved to a certain part of the UK, you'd know my surname if not already."

Toggle Spoiler

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part Four - The Final Arrivals.

Jamie O'Hara (34) - Experienced even at the top level of the game but a player who's name has probably been mentioned over the years for what comes out of his mouth as opposed to what he does/did with his feet. He needs no huge introduction but for the uninformed, he left Spurs, joined Wolves for a touch over £3M but not much else thereafter. Spells with Blackpool, Fulham and Gillingham suggested his days in the Premier League were done for and being announced by Billericay in 2016 confirmed it. Playing experience, managerial experience and occasional rent a gob for TalkSport. He's here.

Byron Moore (32) - A regular and a fan favourite for Crewe Alexandra after forcing his way into the first team which became a theme of his career. Port Vale, Bristol Rovers, Bury and Plymouth all appreciated the attacking midfielder for his efforts. Consistent, reliable and determined. Welcome aboard.

Marc Pugh (34) - Part of the Bournemouth team that rose through the leagues to the top flight, Pugh had lived the sort of dream we ourselves wanted to realise. It was a surprise to see he started out with Burnley though as I was convinced he was a former Man United youngster. So random question, who would I be thinking of it not Marc?

Hal Robson-Kanu (32) - BOOM! The clubs statement signing and thanks in large part to Sammy Lee for threatening to upload a photo or sorts. The Welsh striker is sure to surpass his career best of ten league goals, a feat he achieved only two years ago but you know what you are going to get with Hal.

Ross McCormack (34) - Although his career nosedived after joining Aston Villa for £12M, the striker has shown on more than one occasion that he knows where the back of the net is and whilst he'll be backup to Nugent and Robson-Kanu, he'll enjoy the next twelve months after a few years in the wilderness.

--

And there we have it. The transfer arrivals of 2021/22, a combination of experience, quality (for our level at least) and at an age that should ensure they don't stunt the growth of those we bring through from the youth team next season.

Excitement was building around the club, expectations were increased as each announcement was made but the club still had one last thing to share, a vital component to the project both short term and long term, the most expensive addition to date.

The Academy.

The spade was already in the ground, the work was underway and it was hoped that by the end of the season, it would reap the rewards.

See you in twelve months.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the season heads towards its finale, promotion almost a certainty, Ellesmere Rangers proudly announces the class of 2022.

Full Bio on all available but first, let's take a look at the elites.

Sir Andy Mahowry

Yevrah who's mother is rumoured to be Ulrika Johnson.

Dark Soldier who even at 15 years old, looks to be a bit of a cheat code.

More to come. <3

Welcome aboard.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play me please.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flying through the seasons at Inter, so here's another one, in what is my 20th season since the start of the save.

Season 2041/2042 Update

This was the first summer that came with proper big transfers. Since I decided to stay at Inter, I thought it was time to try and bring us to the next level and become an actual challenger for the Champions League.

A familiar place in a player that I had (albeit briefly) at Leipzig and in my 3 seasons at Bayern, Borg joins us for a combined 75m to bolster our aging right wing. He's become quite an impressive player since I signed him back at Leipzig and he's still on the young side so I think we're set for quite some time in that position.

Our left wing is also full of aging players so I thought an upgrade there would also serve us well. This thought was solidified when I found an Italian player that fit my standards so Maniscalco joins us for a quite hefty 105m from Arsenal.

The third, and last, of the high profile signings of the season. We struggled a bit with filling the box-to-box midfielder role last season so I thought we were due for an upgrade while our youngsters develop. For his quality, I reckon he was (relatively) cheap at 90m and I think he will be a great "bridge" of sorts until Vizzielli and Czapa are proper first team material.

Interestingly enough, that's the third consecutive season we finish with 103 points. Our solitary loss came at the hands of Milan, who made some sort of resurgence this season. Juventus weren't anywhere near as good as they had been the last two seasons, but Napoli stepped up and gave us a real run for our money, as they were level with us until about 10 games before the end of the season, where they started faltering. For the second season running we coupled the league title with a cup win as we went past Cagliari (2-0), Napoli (3-0), Juventus (9-1 on aggregate) and Milan (3-1 in the final).

We were dealt some pretty tough draws all around, but we played really well and made our second semi-final appearance in three years, getting knocked out by Bayern for a second time. We were actually quite close to going to extra-time, but with the very last play of the game we scored the silliest of own goals and they went through to their 6th final in as many years. They lost to surprise package Valencia (who I had no faith in taking over, I should remind you) in the final.

The front 3 were incredible once again. I might not have the 60+ goals a season striker like Satriano, Sergio and Marcos in my previous clubs, but I think I might prefer having 3 reliable players. Borg and Maniscalco I feel met my expectations, but I don't think I can say the same about Njoe. He was solid, but nothing more than that. Overall I am really glad that we've started phasing out the older players (2 of them have already announced their retirement) and our young'uns are getting more football. Valles and Grahovac are starting to get up there at 32 and 31, but they still have a few good years left in them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you on FM21 or 22 Adra?

I always love players like Maniscalco. Apart from striker he could play any outfield position and he'd play well there too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM22. Speaking of which, I generally have had success in Jman saves in the past but I think it's easier in this version and I mostly think it's because of scouting. In previous versions I would go through like several teams looking at players and scouting them and whatnot to find talent, but now my scouts genuinely just do all the work by themselves. And what they don't do is covered by the "top 50 wonderkids" list you get every season. The hard part was breaking into the somewhat bigger clubs (so like up to getting the Krasnodar job in my case) and from there on it just gets so much easier.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine a pairing of Alessandro Iommazzo and Alessandro Iommazzo. Now that would be fucking spectacular. Get on it P_3.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say Alessandro Immazzo is better than Alessandro Immazzo.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just noticed my regen.

2 star potential CB. Wonderful.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I can honestly say Alessandro Immazzo is better than Alessandro Immazzo.
    You're fucking crazy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won the league fairy comfortably in the end. On the one occasion our form threatened to nosedive a bit and our possession 4-3-3 looked like becoming too passive, I switched to the more familiar version (similar to the West Brom tactic but with dribbling toned down for a few players, ball playing defenders as central defenders with take fewer risks, and one or two other safer options) of 4-3-3 and we began to romp home.

I was thinking of moving on in the summer and applied for a couple of Dutch second division jobs and two League Two jobs, but wasn't offered an interview at any, so I'm still with East Fife. We're expected to be anywhere between mid-table and relegation in the Scottish League One so we're by no means out of place, so it should be a comfortable enough season.

In terms of personnel, after a few players developed and a couple of signings came in, I've had to play around with my shape a bit. We don't have any outstanding or effective full backs so I've switched to a 3-4-3.

We have two strikers who on paper are two of our best players, plus an advanced playmaker who really needs to be starting too. This seems to be the most suited formation to our players so I'm going to give it a try, even if a 4-3-3 might be more effective. A few games into testing and I've noticed both the deep-lying playmaker and advanced playmaker are having little effect on the game (hardly surprising as I'm using my slightly more direct style as opposed to the possession based style) so I've switched them to a volante and attacking midfield. I'll create a possession based style tactic similar to the above, too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lot of fun with East Fife as part of a Journeyman save I had way back in FM17. Got them into the Championship but found it tough there without turning professional. The Scottish league grind was weirdly enjoyable though - the fact you play each team 4 times really allowed for a lot of narrative with certain opponents.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm enjoying the more compact league table. The Betfred Cup is a welcome pre-season bonus too, as I'm using them as glorified pre-season friendlies.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those leagues get boring real fast for me. 16-18 team leagues is where it's at.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another two seasons done, courtesy of a snowstorm that meant everything ground to a halt and I spent all my time playing FM. Lovely. Let me start from the fact that after three seasons at Inter, I moved to PSG, a decision I was conflicted about since I wanted to see how all my youngsters would develop. But it plays to my plan of winning all the big leagues at least once so I ended up biting the bullet.

Squad Overview

Let's start from the people already at the club.

Toggle Spoiler

I have also signed a lot of players. A LOT of players. In fact, no fewer than 24 players have joined the club in my two seasons here with the vast majority of them being youngsters, as that seems to be my modus operandi in this save. But apart from them, 6 high profile players have joined the club. In a trend that started from me at Bayern, I mostly focused on players I knew would fit my tactic, coming from my previous clubs.

Toggle Spoiler

Season 2042/43 Update

Toggle Spoiler

Season 2043/44Update

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Adramelch; 25-01-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your whole career path been so far Adra? And which leagues do you still plan to conquer?

I've reached the elongated winter break in 2022/23 for the Qatar World Cup. I'm presuming no players from the Welsh Premier League are going to the WC, but we've still got 2 months off nonetheless, and we've crammed 18 league games into 3 months to facilitate this. The fixture congestion has been a serious problem for my ragtag bunch of semi-professionals and kids with performances definitely dropping off in the later matches. The current table is as follows:

We started extremely well, especially for a newly promoted team, winning 8 of the first 9 and sitting pretty on top of the table. But we only picked up 7 points from the following 9 games, and have struggled to create really good goalscoring opportunities in a lot of recent matches. We've got 4 games to go in January before the league splits, and I just need to make sure I'm in the top half at that point to ensure there's a guarantee of no relegation. One good point is we're through to the semi-finals of the Welsh League Cup, where we'll play Newtown. TNS are in the other semi, so I'd imagine they'll be the opposition if we make it through.

Some good news for the nation as a whole - some solid performances from TNS and, incredibly, Haverfordwest in the ECL qualifying rounds means we'll be moving up a few coefficient spots next year. TNS missed out on the group stage of the Conference League on penalties - whilst it would have given them a ton of money and widened the divide, it would have been very positive in terms of the coefficients.

I might do a little summary of the Qatar WC in my save if it's at all interesting. I've got nothing else to do at Llanelli for 2 months anyway...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asteras Varis (Greece) > Daugavpils (Latvia) > RFS (Latvia) > Krasnodar > Olympiacos > Feyenoord > Leipzig > Bayern > Inter > PSG so far with the trophies starting from RFS onwards. I don't know if I will stick it out that long, but ideally I'd want league titles in Spain and England and possibly like a Euro/World Cup (although I haven't delved into international football yet).