User Tag List

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1629

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do all youth intake players always have dual nationality for the country you’re in?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe so.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen it not happen.

No idea how we've produced a Guinean player we've got no staff from there and we have 0 affiliate clubs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2022/23 Season Update:

Transfers In:

I bought him as cover as one of the defenders I had loaned in was recalled as I was playing him out of position. He didn't get much work as I managed to loan the defender back.

Same story with this guy.

League:

April was a seriously good month for us but we struggled after the long break and then struggled to finish the season well due to injuries.

We had a real chance at winning the thing which is insane considering how poorly we started the season. I thought we were going to win it when we beat Skra who had been leading for a while but we shat the bed at the end.

I'm not sure what is happening with the promoted sides as Legia II aren't allowed up (at least they aren't in real life) and the news item said only us and Radunia are going up but three sides have been relegated from the first division. Also not sure what the playoff means because the creator of this has fucked it up. It's meant to be two sides auto promoted and then a 4 team playoff for the final spot.

Squad:

I'm going to be keeping quite a lot of the non-loans at the squad as I like this side. However there are a few who have already secured deals elsewhere including our goalkeeper, we're only allowed to offer 1 year deals (assume that's a league thing) so a number of players got poached in February.

Finances:

Despite the big sale of a player and the promotion we're still in a bit of bother. We're currently 365k in the red however we no longer have any loans. Hopefully I can push for a senior affiliate next season but so far my board have been against it completely.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 06-01-2022 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They came in with a 50k offer which I rejected then decided to offer him out for a million with 50% next sale and they came back with that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haaland retired from international play in 2029 in my save at only 29 years old, and now in 2032 Norway have made it to the Euro Championship finals without him.

Edit: Won it against Italy.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 06-01-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it okay though?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the actual fuck?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The keep giving me 100+ million transfer budgets and 8 million wage budgets when I was at 6. Figured I'd start maxing out the credit card.

Just crossed 500 million in the red.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 06-01-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in Santa Clara, I think I've managed to fix the game not going beyond a certain date. I reinstalled it, removed the real name fix I had and have turned off saving to the cloud after every game. I'll assume it was one of those 3 wot done it.

So a bit of further detail on the club. Here is the current playing squad:

The first thing to note is that we don't have an ancient team. We do however have a lot of Brazilians here. I know that's a thing for Portuguese football in general, but it was one of the philosophies of the club when I arrived. I have since managed to negotiate that away. We already have 14 Portuguese qualifying players so we are in decent shape there.

The problem is there's a lack of true quality beyond about 4 players. Cardoso is our best defender by some way and entering his prime, but he is wanted by another club. A potential £3-5m fee has been mooted. While that fee seems a bit low at first, that could get us a new training ground down the line. I also have no idea how the clubs finances will change through the season. I also can't see what prize money is there for the league finishes for now.

We have already had a bid for Costinha, on the day I'm currently at. It stands at £450k, but he was listed through unhappiness when I arrived and wants to talk to the club, so my hands may be a little tied. I'll have to negotiate a fee there.

I already asked the club to give me a new everything and they've said no. Not due to finances, but because I'm new and 'should work with what I have.'

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy has had one of the oddest careers I've seen since he left me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce and Poland 2022/23 Mid-Season Update:

Transfers In:

Signed on a free as a backup.

£3.5k, he was on loan with us for the last two seasons and when we got some money I couldn't say no.

Free and he's quickly become our number 1 CB, although I do need more quality there.

Our number 1 keeper left on a free in the Summer and I couldn't find anyone I liked other than this guy due to his potential or another lad who was first team ready but he wanted £2k a week. He's done alright but we need an upgrade.

Free and he's mainly been used as a backup so far.

Transfers Out:

Kusztan was the biggest loss there as he was great for us and he's also been great for Miedz this season. The Idzcak sale was absolutely massive for us and dug us out of a hole. I would have liked to have gotten more for Leszczuk but he was pissing and moaning and would have left on a free. There's also a 50% of next sale on him so hopefully he comes good.

League:

We started so well and it looked like we might end up winning the league at a canter, sadly it all fell to shit in October. Our goals have dried up despite creating lots and we've been conceding a lot of stupid goals. Miedz and Radunia games also saw us lose points with very late goals for our opponents which was infuriating. Hopefully we come back firing after the break and I can bring in some decent defensive options.

Cup:

We're into the Quarter-final and we'll play Miedz. It's been a good run but it's a shame we haven't played an Ekstraklasa team yet for some nice cash.

Poland:

It's not just England who are our kryptonite, it seems it's the whole of the UK & Bottom Ireland. We went into the last game a point behind Scotland and needing Bottom Ireland to take something from them to take the group.

Thankfully they beat them 3-2 having been 2-1 down to send us top and themselves through as one of the best second placed teams.

I'm a bit fearful of the Euros, the squad is pretty shit. Lewandowski is 35 now but thankfully he's not regressed much and he's still banging them in for us and Real Madrid who paid £33m for him last season.

Outside of him the cupboard is a bit bare and I really could do with some good newgens popping up or we'll be in serious trouble soon. I've been trying to get Kozwolski and Musialowski into the team recently, Kozwolski has looked a bit shit but Musialowski has done alright in his first 2 games scoring 4 goals, although they were against Estonia and San Marino.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mid-way point in the season sees us challenging at the top and still unbeaten. There's no reason we can't challenge for the title this season really.

We lost to Inter Milan after already securing top spot in the Champions League, other than that it's been fairly straightforward.

Nikoltsis is back which is a massive boost, and the players continue to perform as expected. The one disappointment is the young Mexican centre back I showed you last time, who hasn't really settled or been given too many opportunities.

Atalanta in the last 16.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eww Windows 11.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What should I be on?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    What should I be on?
    You should be on Windows 11.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Returned to the game after a bit of a hiatus and the players welcomed me back wonderfully:

Let's ignore the fact that we scored from basically every chance we got while they wasted some pretty decent chances.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 11-01-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2023/24 Season Update:

Transfers In:

Freebie, I wanted to upgrade my keeper and I did. He still let in some annoying goals but he was a lot more solid than the previous starter.

£2.7k. We agreed to sign him on a free at the end of the year (like everyone else bar one who comes after him) but bought him now. He was pretty disappointing sadly.

£3.2k. He didn't play too much after signing as I had someone on loan in his role who is slightly better. I'm hoping he has a big year in the upcoming season.

Our biggest signing yet at £7.5k, I didn't think I would get this done before the transfer window but thankfully I did. 18 and he's already our best player in the squad. He played quite well but he was picking up cards for fun.

£1.7k and a bit of a disappointment thus far.

Youth Recruitment:

Only two that stood out this year:

Neither are stars but I'm hoping Stryjek can at least be sold for a decent chunk of cash.

League:

I hoped we'd kick on after the break and we did until it fell to pieces again. Our strikers stopped scoring (one went over 24 hours without a goal which is a record for me, but he was playing well) and we kept letting in foolish and/or late goals. I think 90% of the matches in that run which we failed to win were games in which we had a much better xG than our opponents.

Delighted to be promoted but it was very up and down:

At one stage I thought we'd run away with the league and then we just stopped finishing matches and we needed to beat Bruk to get automatic promotion. Thankfully they stopped being dickheads in that last game.

Cup:

Only one cup game after the break for us:

And our league form was well and truly with us in the game. Played against our old keeper and he had a storming game. Quarter-finals is a great result though, just a shame we never played an Ekstraklasa team in the run for some cash.

Squad:

There will be a fair few leaving again at the end of the year and the only loanee I'd let to extend is Daniel but his club are SEETHING at me for not playing him in the right role. Oh and Struski.

Edit: They're fine letting Daniel be re-loaned but Struski is a no as they want to sell him for £170k.

Finances:

The promotion has been huge.

It's so beautiful.

Kits:

Here's what Kitbasher produced for us this season, the home one is alright but I hate the away one. We did have a better kit but I had to re-roll as the sponsors logo wasn't appearing on the away kit.

Poland update will be later tonight or tomorrow when I finish the Euros.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 11-01-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Away one is a terrible Sociedad take. What the hell is that diagonal stripe on the sponsor section.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Euro 2024:

Group Stage:

Nice and easy 4-1 win over Finland to start. We looked great and I'm really liking the Lewandowski and Musialowski partnership up top.

The duo grab another goal a piece against Greece to see us through to the second round.

We needed a draw against Denmark to finish top of the group and we did that despite changing up most of the team.

Second Round:

We were up against the arch-enemy Ukraine and we dominated them in the first half, in the second half though we wilted and were hanging on massively. Thankfully we held on and Musialowski managed to seal the deal. We did lose Szymanski though who has been our third best player thus far.

Quarter-Final:

Up against Belgium and we were doing really well until two major fuck ups happened. The first was Walukiewicz attempting a sliding tackle which he missed which allowed Origi to slip a ball to Lukaku who went one on one with the keeper as our defence was pushed up. The second was Piatkowski getting show a second yellow seconds before the final whistle for a challenge on Origi just inside our half. He didn't need to make the tackle and ultimately it meant we had no hope in Extra Time.

Belgium ended up winning the whole thing so that makes me feel a little better but they were there for the taking and we blew it. I just hope that Lewandowski doesn't end up retiring soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torino 2031/32 Season Update

Haven't gotten around to playing much FM recently, but managed to complete the second Serie A season recently.

A jump from 16th to 6th and from 38 to 63 points compared to last year means I'm quite chuffed with the season overall, especially as one of my main centre-backs was poached before the season and the second one in the winter transfer window (bloody release clauses ).

Defensive stability is the main issue still with 61 goals conceded. I usually win games with silly scorelines like 4-2, 5-4, etc. Quite entertaining to watch, but it also means that when a team with really good finishers rolls around they often annihilate us (Guardiola's Juventus won 8-1 against me in the cup semi-final ).

There are a couple of positions where I have good but not great players in the starting formation, but I'm unsure whether to look for replacements because in previous FM's taking those players out often caused more damage than it was worth. I'm sure there'll be a lot of offers coming in during the summer, so I'll probably decide depending on who throws their toys out of the pram.

The average squad age is 23 as well, so there are a couple of candidates which I hope will step up next year, like this guy, who so far has been useful as target man but I'm hoping will still improve a bit:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was exciting.

From thinking we had stolen a point to fuck all to stealing the point.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been offered both the France and Norway job, having never managed in either country. And my biggest achievements so far are promotions to the top divisions of Holland and Italy. Good to see the reputation system is still borked.

I've turned down both. Managing both club and country would be too much micro-managing for my liking and I don't want to leave Torino yet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Career recap and season 2035/36 update

I returned to the game after having taken a break of sorts for about a month and I decided to continue with my Journeyman save, seeing as I haven't yet achieved all the goals I'd initially set (ideally winning the Champions League, but at the very least more league titles in the big leagues). Since it has been a while, here's a brief overview of my career so far:

2021-2024: Asteras Varis (Greece)
    G' Ethniki (3rd tier) champions
    2024-2025: BFC Daugavpils (Latvia)
    Nothing of note, just general improvement of the club's reputation
    2025-2026: RFS (Latvia)
    2x league titles, 1x cup, qualified to Champions League group stage
    2026-2029: Krasnodar (Russia)
    2x league titles, 1x cup, 1x Europa League, 1x Supercup
    2029-2030: Olympiakos (Greece)
    1x league title, 1x cup
    2030-2033: Feyenoord (Netherlands)
    3x league titles, 2x cup, 1x Europa League, 2x Supercup
    2033-Present: RB Leipzig (Germany)
    1x league title, 1x cup, 1x Europa League, 1x Supercup

After having narrowly (2 points) won the league the prior season, I was looking for more of the same this season, but a better performance in Europe (knocked out in the first knockout round last season). We didn't make many moves during the transfer window, although we did secure a player I was going after for quite some time now:

A weird signing in a sense as he cost 71m, which is pretty hefty considering that we already have a high quality player in Traore at that position. The thing, however, is that his performances just don't quite match his stats so I felt an improvement was needed, and Tamura being trained in Germany on top of his pretty amazing stats made the move a no-brainer.

The young spaniard was our only other signing of note, in my continuous bid to find actual good central midfielders. He cost 44m, which, while not huge, was still a fairly hefty sum, but he's still very young so hopefully he more than makes up for it.

Well that was easy. Really easy. Bayern were nowhere to be seen this time around, and the rest of the contenders didn't fare much better either. I don't recall a single game where we were second best, although we did somehow manage to lose 3-0 to Werder of all teams, in one of those classic FM games. We scored 105 goals (still quite a bit off Bayern's record 114 a few seasons back), while only conceding 22, breaking our own record of 23 in the previous two seasons. We've been really consistent defensively if anything. Sadly, we didn't manage to pair the league title with a cup win:

A bit unlucky to be drawn away against Dortmund that early on, but even more so given that we missed a lot of good chances and they scored twice in the last 5 minutes to pull the rug from under our feet. They lost to Bayern in the round after that, who eventually went on to win the whole thing.

We didn't learn our lesson against Dortmund and did the exact same thing against Juventus. So many chances missed and then their striker just decided to win the tie on his own with two wonderstrikes late in the second leg. Very disappointing really. As consolation, Juventus defied all odds and went on to win the trophy, so no shame losing to the eventual champions right? RIGHT?

In truth, we were hit hard by injuries. Losing our two best and most consistent performers in Sergio and Fleßmann for basically half the season didn't help at all. And they weren't the only ones as Neubauer and Hummels also suffered the same fate. Thankfully Queiroz stepped up big time, and singlehandedly won us quite a few games, while Mark, Nagy and newcomer Tamura were also pretty sublime. If I am to improve the squad, I think a new goalkeeper is needed, as Ahumada is good, but feels like he's just worse than the rest of the squad. Ideally I'd like to also find a good midfielder, but nobody has really worked for me there. The tactic is probably underutilizing them, but I did have a few at Feyenoord who excelled there so it's not just that. I tried to buy those aforementioned Feyenoord players but they are just too expensive.

You might have noticed that I used a couple ifs in that last paragraph and that's because the Bayern job is available and even though I'd rather go to a different country it just feels too tempting.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may not be able to jump, but Tamura looks absolutely nuts.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely don't get player decisions in FM and it's been like that for quite some time. I just had one of my Leipzig defenders (I am in his favoured personnel list and all) choose Liverpool over us (Bayern that is) despite us being a much higher reputation club and offering him 50% more in wages.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern 2036 Squad Overview

I did move to Bayern after all, so I thought it might worth giving you a detailed look at the squad, including whatever happened in the summer transfer window. Speaking of moving to Bayern, they sacked Nagelsmann at the end of May, I applied the very same day and they just weren't offering me an interview for the longest time. They came to me on the 3rd of July, we did the interview and they offered me the job 2 days later. So weird.

Let's see what the status is at Bayern. They are absolutely minted, offering me a bonkers 470m to spend in transfers, coupled with a 7.5m p/w for wages, which is more than double what I had at Leipzig. Just a massive step up in finances really. And they were needed as the squad was ridiculously lopsided. They had two mediocre goalekeepers, a grand total of one natural centre back and just a couple more people that could fill in, as well as two full backs. On the other hand, they have some amazing midfielders, wingers (who are thankfully versatile as my tactic doesn't use any) and strikers. Starting from the standout players already at the club:

Toggle Spoiler

So as you see, there's only one defensive player of note (although Davies is still at the club at 35 and is going to be starting on the left wing) and everything else is up front. That pretty much meant that my job was clear. Take our massive warchest™ and bring in defenders, and a lot of them. And that's exactly what we did. I spent no less than 466m euros and brought the following:

Toggle Spoiler

All in all, it was a gamble (a small one but still) taking the Bayern job, given how uneven the squad was, but I think I've made the most of it. I don't think we'll be challenging for a Champions League title from the get go, but maybe Marcos can singlehandedly lead us to glory. I fully expect us to win the league (and hopefully the cup, but that's less important) and I think we have what it takes to become a CL challenger from next season onwards.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-01-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad looks insane, Adra. Nice time to join in that there's a great current group but they're old-ish, so bringing through the academy/youngsters will be the game

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6ft 5 with 20 agility, balance, jumping and composure.

That lad could win you it all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about that, he's been a bit underwhelming so far with just the 20 goals in 8 games.

4 players in the top 10 and 10 in the top 50. Not shabby.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-01-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

SEETHING.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern 2036/37 Update

I have already updated you on the squad and the transfers that I made, so let's get to the action.

Very easy overall. We broke records for most points (92), most goals scored (122) and least conceded (21). Even though they dropped off the pace, I am still happy to see Leipzig remain the best of the rest and in fact they even managed to beat us twice, once in the Super cup (1-0) and once in the league (2-1). Werder was the other team to beat us.

That was even easier. The only remotely close game was the one against Leverkusen. In fact we only conceded a singular goal, but it was a doozy as it came 5 minutes into the final with Dusseldorf gaining the lead. We promptly punished them after that with no fewer than 8 goals.

Notice a pattern? That was way too easy, even though all our knockout draws were pretty brutal. Had it not been for Arsenal scoring 4 goals from 5 shots on target (hilariously the one that didn't go in was a penalty kick) in that draw and we would have won every single game in the competition. At no point did it ever look like we were going out. Just flat out insane honestly. Who knew that if you inherit a squad with like 6-7 world class players and then be given 500m euros to fill in the gaps, you are going to see some success. Still I didn't expect us to be that dominant.

Marcos "only" scored 57 goals (so a bit far from Satriano's 68 in that one season), but that's only because he spent a total of 4 months injured. The man is an absolute beast, but I guess I knew that just by looking at his stats. Speaking of stats, here's some for you: He's won the CL Golden Boot 3 times, the Bundesliga Golden Boot 8 times in a row and the Ballon D'Or 5 times. He wasn't the only one to shine though. Obviously the whole team was immaculate, but I have to specifically mention Washington Luiz and Quieroz, who were sort of impulse buys, but they proved their worth with 60 goals between them (the latter even scoring a brace in the CL final). Keranen was also ridiculous and, as I expected, solved my "I can't make my midfielders work in this tactic" conundrum. Finally a special mention needs to go to Davies, who at 36 is still a monster contributing no fewer than 20 assists over the course of the season:

Sadly he has decided to retire in the summer and no amount of talking was enough to make him change his mind. He will most definitely be missed, although I have already lined up a replacement, with Tamura being the 3rd player to join us from Leipzig (there's a screenshot of him further up the page and he's even progressed since). Other than him, I was looking at maybe a better goalkeeper and a better central defender but both Ene and Bendjelloui actually improved significantly over the second half of the season and "vindicated" me in terms of how much I spent to bring them here. So I will be focusing my efforts into bringing youngsters and I have arranged no fewer than 12 transfers of u20 players. Oh and I also did sign a central defender in in January for squad depth, who while really solid is not worthy of a screenshot really.

This also happened. It wasn't anywhere near as easy as the rest of the competitions though. We went through the groups by beating Vasco Da Gama 2-0 and FC Tokyo 4-0 to set-up a quarter final against Arsenal. Much like the return leg in our Champions League tie it was a back and forth game with us eventually clinching a 4-3 win in extra time. Barcelona were up next in the semis, in probably our easiest game, as we won 2-0 with them barely creating any chances. The final was against PSG and we went into half-time two goals up but they eventually brought it back with a 90th minute equaliser. We did, however, have a fitness advantage by the looks of it and got a goal in the 118th minute to win us the trophy.

So where do we go from here? I will be staying at Bayern until the end of my contract I reckon (3 more years), trying to win more Champions League titles and then move to any of the other big leagues, preferably Spain or England.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left Qatar SC for Salernitana. 9 wins in 14 and we have climbed from 9th to 2nd. It's hella close at the top of Serie B.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite conceding an 88th minute goal and drawing 3-3 on the final day - we go up

EDIT: $3.4m transfer budget for next season. Looks like we are heading straight back down.
    Last edited by John Arne; 16-01-2022 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2024/25 Mid-Season Update:

Transfers In:

Free transfer and he's someone I had agreed to sign in March/April. I was hoping he'd thrive in my tactic but he's been crap, the strikers I had last year weren't great goalscorers but they were doing so much for the team as false nines. Jan though has been abysmal and I will be looking for another striker when the transfer window opens.

Free as well and he's been an absolute beast. I was hoping he'd make an impact likely as a sub but he's been a starter since day 1 and he's rarely let us down. His pace has been something we've been missing and he's been lethal on the right cutting inside. He's so aggressive though and I spend so much of the match telling him to calm the fuck down.

Another freebie and we needed wingers badly, scouts absolutely love him.

Another free winger who was shuffled out on loan.

£8k which was an absolute steal. He's been a rock at CB with another signing this Summer. He is exactly what we needed.

The club's record signing at £38k, the whole defence needed an overhaul and that's what I've done. He's been solid but nothing more.

Our second CB, £14.5k rising to £17k. He's been brilliant alongside Deren, he also brings a bit of experience to the side.

£18.75k and the last piece of our defence, he's been ok but I've expected more from him.

He was on loan with us last year and I tried to bring him back, however, his team wanted a mandatory £24k fee in the loan despite not wanting a penny to sell him now. This was annoying as he was not interested in joining us permanently for a while but thankfully he ended up agreeing to join us on a free.

Transfer Out:

The only non-loan of the window was our former LB who left for £5k.

League:

A tough start for us as our first 3 games were against established Ekstraklasa teams including last years runners up Lech. Thankfully we showed some grit in the third game and stole a victory (screenshot is a few posts up). From there we've done alright, sadly our last 3 games stopped our great run because Zyro got injured for those and we struggled at the back without him.

I can't see us sneaking into Europe but I'm really happy we're not in a relegations scrap in our debut season.

Cup:

Played the reserves and one of them decides to two foot a guy through the back of the legs within 11 seconds... We had no chance after that sadly.

Squad:

I've not done too much rotating so players are starting to kick up a fuss and some of the starters were starting to tire, thankfully we weren't hit with too many injuries.

Daniel has been a lot better than his last season as he's adding in more goals to his good all round play. Really happy with our wingers too who have done a lot and I think our first 11 is really good. The rest of the team though is not and if injuries hit us hard we'll struggle.

Poland:

We were 5-1 down to England and we went all out attack after 70 minutes and we almost pulled a point out of the bag, still struggling against Ireland though which is annoying but at least we ended up finishing second.

We also can't get away from England which is really annoying as we can't touch them right now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to start a new journeyman save alongside my West Brom save. I'm beginning with a minimal reputation and therefore pretty much from the bottom. I holidayed a season as I often like to do to get us to summer 21, and then started applying for vacant jobs. The first that came up was recently relegated East Fife, and I was very swiftly put in place. They're only semi-professional which buggers training up, and had a really depleted squad, but they're pretty healthy financially and are expecting a decent campaign (play-offs) in the Scottish League Two this season.

As mentioned with West Brom, what I generally do is look at the best players in terms of acceleration, pace, agility, dribbling, vision etc. and start to build my plans from there. I'm really looking to get the best out the players at my disposal in this save, as opposed to turning to tried and tested tactics that, whilst not exactly plug and play, almost guarantee success with just a little bit of tweaking. My squad was threadbare at the beginning so this became a bit of a sticking point until I had some of my own players in.

And here they are:

Notice that I switch the attribute colour thresholds depending on the standard I'm managing, so 12+ is the holy grail here. Those players are generally young, quick, and there are some good footballers too.

Next up was trying to create some tactics which got the best out of them. The tricky part. They're most suited to a 4-4-2, as a couple of my best players are forwards, and there are some decent natural wide options.

Tactic number one. As usual I need to train my strikers into shadow strikers, and they will provide the central penetration. That meant I really had to drop my wingers back, but it suited us fine and our wide two will be our other natural attacking players. This gives us four conventional attacking options across the pitch, and the two central midfielders on support will get into dangerous areas (moving into channels) behind them to offer a second line of attack. The inverted wing backs will cover the central areas. It could be a bit too attacking, and playing out of defence will be interesting, but it's fairly straightforward and should suit a poor team quite well.

The problem with the 4-4-2 was I couldn't really justify an inclusion for my best player already at the club prior to my arrival - an advanced playmaker. I definitely need a system which incorporates him, so I've sacrificed the wingers in favour of a narrow 4-3-3 with the shadow strikers attacking either side of the playmaker. Both my advanced and deep-lying playmakers have excellent passing and vision for this level, and the attacking players have the good physicals.

My final formation sees a change in style completely, however the shape is identical to the West Brom save. I have four pretty decent technical players, so at times I'm going to attempt some form of lower league total control/total football. All four in the central diamond can play a bit, so that's the plan with them. I'm unsure whether to get the penetration from my wingers or central midfielders, but this is what I've opted for for now. It might not work with lower league plodders, however I'm satisfied I have three formations which look to get the best out of my individual players and, in theory, should work collectively.

There's my squad in order of pace. They're very young, and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Job number one is to get the attackers familiar with playing as shadow strikers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern 2037/38 Update

A quick second season with Bayern, since the transfer windows were very calm, what with no real improvements needed in the squad. All the signings we made were basically already agreed before the season even started and they were almost exclusively youngsters.

Another dominant league campaign, albeit one with fewer (but still a lot) goals scored. Unfortunately Leipzig weren't anywhere near as good this time around, but at least they did still manage to qualify for the Champions League.

Easy Super Cup win, and an even easier cup win, what with no goals conceded.

I have had back to back Champions League wins in previous saves but none that felt that easy. That said we came really close to actually getting knocked out by Ajax, as I decided to play the second team in the return fixture and they promptly punished us. It wasn't even a case of them getting lucky, they just flat out played better. Thankfully we did grab a goal in extra time and then went on to win the whole thing. We did, however, lose in the European Super Cup. A nothing competition, I know, but one that I have failed to win three times now so hopefully next season will be our turn (although it will be against City ao nothing easy there).

82 fucking goals. I will leave it at that because anything else I could say would just pale in comparison to what Marcos did this season.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing.

How many did you concede in the league?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conceded 20 so one fewer than last season.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out that one of the headline features of FM22 doesn't really work as intended, if at all really.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back into FM22 after Christmas and I rounded off my season with Llanelli Town with a comfortable title win and promotion to the JD Cymru Premier.

We eased to the title with 3 games to spare, losing just once all season long (a disappointing 3-1 home loss to Cambrian & Clydach in early January). At this point Swansea Uni were hot on our tail, but we won 9 of our next 10 to stay ahead comfortably. Morgan Gore topscored with 20 goals (25 in all competitions), and James Loveridge was influential on the right wing, chipping in with 7 goals and 8 assists. We had a young CB on loan, Morgan Weaver, who was an ever-present with an average rating of 7.55, and we've also managed to keep him here permanently after his contract ran out at Penybont.

The ability to easily pick up players in this league really helped. I was able to bolster the squad with free transfers throughout, adding a couple of central midfielders for depth and improving my defence with a really good CB in December (Thomas Williams, who will keep the place for our next season). Even players under contract can be picked up for free - if you offer £0 to the club they will usually accept. I've managed to snaffle a young 15 year old striker for the upcoming campaign from Airbus UK doing exactly this.

My youth intake was incredibly good for our level - a number of youngsters went straight into the first team setup. The most impressive of the lot was 15 year old Gwion James - an attacking midfielder who can also fill in on the left wing or central midfield. I gave him a few sub appearances as the season wound down, but our (admittedly terrible) coaches rate him as our best player already.

In other world news, Newcastle have gone crazy with their influx of cash. They spent £220m in January alone, bringing in Trippier (£33m), Marcos Acuna (£55m for a 30 year old), Oriol Romeu (£36m), Kramaric (£33m) and Gianluca Mancini (£52m). The summer window has just opened and they've just bought Leon Bailey from Aston Villa for £68m....

Meanwhile, Mbappe has gone to Manchester United on a free, and Paulo Dybala has moved to Liverpool (PL champions) on a free also. PSG finally won the Champions League, beating Chelsea 2-0 in the final, with Mbappe scoring in his last PSG game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems reasonable I guess:

@thommo: What's your overall plan with the save? Move around, try and make Llanelli a European power slowly and steadily, or just take it one day at a time and see where you end up?
    Last edited by Adramelch; 17-01-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    My youth intake was incredibly good for our level - a number of youngsters went straight into the first team setup. The most impressive of the lot was 15 year old Gwion James - an attacking midfielder who can also fill in on the left wing or central midfield. I gave him a few sub appearances as the season wound down, but our (admittedly terrible) coaches rate him as our best player already.
    That's equal parts ridiculous and awesome.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Turns out that one of the headline features of FM22 doesn't really work as intended, if at all really.

Danny (I think) posted this not long ago.

I don't think it works at all. Workthespace had a sim game where he made a Mr Perfect for Gibraltar, they never managed to qualify for a tournament but the player was obviously the best in the world and ended up playing at Juventus, PSG, Man City and Real Madrid. He won plenty of league titles, a few Champions Leagues and won the Balon D'or et al many times. The youth rating did not go up at all.

He also did a 500 year sim which had lots of weird winners of the Euros/World Cup. Sadly he didn't check the youth ratings but if anyone has the in game editor they should download it and check it out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    @thommo: What's your overall plan with the save? Move around, try and make Llanelli a European power slowly and steadily, or just take it one day at a time and see where you end up?
    Initially I wanted to make Llanelli a European power, but I did forget about the new rules for work permits and whatnot due to Brexit. Not to mention the dynamic youth rating not working properly (or as we all thought it would). I'll give it a few years and see how progress goes, and move if it takes my fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    That's equal parts ridiculous and awesome.
    I'd love to keep him at the club for his whole career, but unfortunately I feel he'll be off if he does improve due to that Mercenary personality.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Danny (I think) posted this not long ago.

I don't think it works at all. Workthespace had a sim game where he made a Mr Perfect for Gibraltar, they never managed to qualify for a tournament but the player was obviously the best in the world and ended up playing at Juventus, PSG, Man City and Real Madrid. He won plenty of league titles, a few Champions Leagues and won the Balon D'or et al many times. The youth rating did not go up at all.

He also did a 500 year sim which had lots of weird winners of the Euros/World Cup. Sadly he didn't check the youth ratings but if anyone has the in game editor they should download it and check it out.
    Oh yeah, it's even on this page

Anyway, I think this could/should have been even bigger news. I'm not really doing a nation save, but if you were doing it, and it turns out that you could win the Champions League 40 times with a club without it affecting the youth rating - that's pretty fucked up after they sold it as such a new feature.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After being relegated very swiftly I went back up again via the playoffs and then was on course for another season of sitting in 19th and flirting with 18th until March hit and suddenly we became amazing. By the last game we were comfortably safe in the giddy heights of 16th so put the kids out against Liverpool

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unambitious on the first lad is a real bastard. The left back though is already almost as good as my backup which is nice.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Oh yeah, it's even on this page

Anyway, I think this could/should have been even bigger news. I'm not really doing a nation save, but if you were doing it, and it turns out that you could win the Champions League 40 times with a club without it affecting the youth rating - that's pretty fucked up after they sold it as such a new feature.
    Right. It was one of the saves I had in mind. Kinda shits on that idea. Though, tbf, I haven’t touched my Crewe save in about a month.