Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only 3 seasons in, so not for me. @ Mr Fox

Speaking of which, we may be close to bottling it. Got hammered 3-0.

Which leaves the league table looking like this as we head into the final 3 games of the season.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 games to go...

TOIGHT!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    2 games to go...

TOIGHT!

Last 2 games of the season have been played...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Quincy. That's a hell of a lot of deducted points.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. And yeah, this happens every season in Chile so far and I'm not sure why.

We will get our arse handed to us in the South American 'champions league' as our squad just isn't that good.

As I'm a relative unknown, will I be able to get job in Europe, or is it best to first climb the ranks in South America? (Brazil or Argentina being the obvious locations)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than within a country, I don't think the game factors in regional reputation much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could turn it into a challenge save. Try to win all south American leagues?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad shout. I'll see who will take me first and go from there.

Not sure on this version if the board will sack me immediately if they find that I'm applying for other jobs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much has changed from previous versions in that regard. Just apply away and if at some point they get really annoyed they'll tell you before sacking you.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like I'm averaging two disallowed goals per game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exciting though:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, Baz.

Re the disallowed goals, I'd say it's the opposite for me. Especially when they check VAR.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a decent 50-50 for me. It boggles the mind that they still haven't figured out how "interfering with play" works though. I see I'd say a good 3-4 goals disallowed per season, where it's just a long shot, but there's a player that's in the extended field of view of the goalkeeper and the game treats that as interfering with play.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ten games in for us and as you can see things have gone according to plan.

Some of the new signings have hit the ground running; Cornet is just about ousting Diangana as first choice right winger, and Sousa has been a superb acquisition in central midfield.

We've continued to play with a positive mentality at home (against tough opposition) and cautious away from home. The cautious, counter attacking mentality saw us tear Leicester apart.

The squad is also well balanced now for the tactic, with two full XIs to pick from. Grant and Mavididi are alternating up front at the moment as there's not a lot between them, and as I say the two left wingers have both been excellent. We've had to make a couple of tweaks such as switching to the narrow 4-3-3 when we had a bit of a right winger crisis, but in general the wide 4-3-3 works so well as it easily transitions to both a 2-3-5 (covering the whole pitch) and a 4-1-4-1 when defending.

Looking at FM22, I think I'd need to change the shadow striker to false nine, as they appear effective again on the new game. That will allow us to play with a bit more possession, and also allow a more technical striker to play.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marseille 2048/49 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

The big one there is Leask who was our number 1 striker. He had been banging in goals for fun in the league and cup but really struggled to find the net in Europe last season so I decided to cash in. Not a bad amount considering we bought him for £5.5m (we secured a deal to sign him on a free in the Summer but paid to bring him in during January a few seasons ago).

Transfers In:

Our only signing this season, £109m and the replacement for Leask. He wasn't great for me in the Euros in the Summer but I signed him originally at United and thought he'd fit my system with a bit of time.

League:

Broke our records for goals scored and conceded which is nice. The sole loss was because I played all my shit youth to conserve energy.

Cups:

Simple.

Europe:

So glad we didn't have another quarter final exit as we pumped Barca, I was worried we'd be dumped out by United as they have been far too good for us and that looked the case after the first leg as we failed to put away our chances. Thankfully we rose up and reached the final.

Bonaglia who was Leask's replacement got a goal and we kept making chances which we couldn't put away and then Leask () finally put one of his many chances in. Thankfully they shat the bed on penalties.

Also:

Zucco

Squad stats:

It's a shame Zucco didn't hit 60 but he struggled at the start as he got injured and took him a while to settle in, he then wouldn't stop scoring until he got a 2 week injury near the end of the season so had to miss a few games. He's absolutely bonkers though.

Onto the Club World Cup and the end of this save...

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Has anyone been playing far enough into the future to see if the dynamic youth rating thing works well?
    There's been a fair bit of discussion on the si forums. The basic gist, which I'm sure will come as a great surprise, is that it's been really badly implemented and designed, but anyone moaning has had Miles arse-licking mods and admins say no actually it's meant to be like that and it's great so shut up. Twats.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Club World Cup:

The elusive white whale, I had qualified with different clubs many times across my career but I was always out of the door and onto a new challenge before getting a chance to play in the competition. I always thought that my time at a club would end up matching up nicely and I'd walk in and win the thing easily. Sadly I only got one chance at winning the competition and thus one chance at succeeding my challenge.

Group Stage:

Obviously I expected no problems in either of these two games and that proved to be the case as we had way too much for these two.

Quarter-final:

We faced off against my old club, a club who were floundering before I came in for a season and changed them completely. We had met them numerous times in the Champions League and they had almost always gotten the better of us, until this year. Thankfully my players were a little bit fitter and that proved to be massive, they couldn't get close to us and we made sure to put chances away.

Semi-Final:

A team I've not managed on this save but a team that I've "destroyed" across the years. I've made it so that Hertha and Leverkusen were bigger clubs than them and we've beaten them a few times (including this year) in the Champions League.

Final:

A repeat of the Champions League final and we managed to put them away again and this time we didn't need penalties. Zucco being fully fit for this game (unlike the final) was absolutely massive as he ran them ragged and was named MOTM. I was worried when they scored early but thankfully I didn't have to wait long until we equalised and from there it was all us.

Career Stats:

It's a shame I couldn't get to 5000 career goals but I'm happy with that, a little surprised the transfer fee figures for received and spent were so close to each other but I did spunk quite a lot up the wall during the United and Marseille seasons with very few big outs at either club.

A lot of nations that I had never managed in and I had a lot of fun with this save. Loved my time at Palermo, Hertha, Leverkusen and Marseille.

An absolutely mammoth save that I will never attempt again.

I end the game being the best English manager in the Hall of Fame. On the various continents I'm 11th in Africa, unranked in Asia (just 9 points behind 20th), 8th in Europe, 18th in North America, 13th in Oceania and unranked in South America. In terms of Worldwide I finished 4th with 5,672 points behind Allegri (6,570), Marcelo Gallardo (6,344) and Thomas Tuchel (5,774).

The List:

FIFA Club World Cup - Won with Marseille in 2049
    UEFA Champions League - First won with Palermo in 2039
    UEFA Europa League - Won with Marseille in 2045
    UEFA Super Cup - Oh fuck
    African Champions League - Won with Pyramids in 2031
    Copa Libertadores - Won with Alianza Lima in 2025
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League) - Won with Team Wellington in 2032
    Asian Champions League - Suwon Bluewings in 2029
    North American Champions League - Won with Toronto FC in 2028

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup - Won with France in 2042
    Olympics - Won with Brazil in 2028
    UEFA European Championship - Won with Italy in 2048
    Nations League - Won with France in 2043
    African Cup of Nations - Won with Nigeria in 2035
    Copa America - Won with Brazil in 2032
    Oceanic Nations Cup - Won with New Zealand in 2040
    Asian Nations Cup - Won with South Korea in 2039

Shit, I've just seen that the Super Cup has not been won. I need to do one more game

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only need to score 19 goals in it. Good luck.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Only need to score 19 goals in it. Good luck.
    I also have the "Trophée des champions" against PSG and a Ligue 1 match against Sochaux first to try and hit the 5k.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty epic game.

Weird that your scouting knowledge doesn't include the countries you've been to.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was thinking that maybe they got wiped when I removed various leagues but I still have the German league loaded.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one 'how. Great read.

I wonder if someone's attempted to be the #1 manager on every continent before?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now the challenge is actually complete.

They didn't have a single shot on target in the first half and we were in complete control. Only issues we had were Perkins and Babalola getting knocks in the first half.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Nice one 'how. Great read.

I wonder if someone's attempted to be the #1 manager on every continent before?
    I have a challenge lined up for 22 but I'll attempt it for 23.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a superb career Mahow, I'll have to have a catch up when I get chance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought and loaded up FM 22 but for some reason all bar 1 of the skins I downloaded (which I like less than the default) and none of the views are showing up in game so fuck screenshots until tomorrow.

I've decided to do a club and country save as Pogon Siedlce and Poland. There will be restrictions (most of which I'm still thinking of) but at the very least I wont be able to use any players that are not Polish.

Why Pogon Siedlce? It's because Siedlce is where my family live. Here is the stadium:

I don't think I've ever driven past it though as it's not in an area I've visited. Here are some other shots of the town:

The town hall.

The cathedral.

A street in the centre of town.

Outside the shopping centre.

The train station.

Finally, a favourite of mine. The local prison which is right in the middle of the town.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 30-12-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    There's been a fair bit of discussion on the si forums. The basic gist, which I'm sure will come as a great surprise, is that it's been really badly implemented and designed, but anyone moaning has had Miles arse-licking mods and admins say no actually it's meant to be like that and it's great so shut up. Twats.
    Yeah you can't say bad words against The Chosen One on their forums.

I was interested because on I think FM19 I think, I went in on the editor and set everyones youth rating to 200 once and then set the game to sim for 20 years to see what would happen.
    It essentially went by population, but most countries managed to get at least one great player. Couldn't manage it for San Marino though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the Pogon Siedlce squad:

Obviously the two Spaniards and the Austrian will have to be sold ASAP but other than that it's not too bad. We're predicted to finish 11th by the media. Currently we have a £19k transfer budget but our wage budget currently sits at a measly £303 p/w.

Key player:

Hot prospect:

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three games left to play.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite fun playing on a DB that doesn't have 400k+ players. I went for this setup:

And it's absolutely lightning quick compared to my FM20 save.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for difficulty modifiers for my save throw them at me. Right now I'm doing Polish players only for the club and using my own tactics (something I've not done since 14 or 15).

I'd have liked to have done the whole DOF thing too but he'd have ended up signing non-Poles at some point.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 30-12-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOFs are pure garbage in this game still anyway. I usually have them sign staff members at lower clubs and they always come up with absolute dross. Like at Feyenoord he would routinely try to sign Dutch scouts (so not for scouting knowledge purposes) with like 5s and 6s at scouting abilities. And it's been a constant theme for me. Would assume it's not much better for players.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When 42 year old Lewandowski signs.

He scores freekicks for fun for me
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me vs City next.

Just won the FA Cup Final vs Everton too.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've departed my Chilean league winners for pastures new. Haven't travelled too far...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having previously signed Frenkie de Jong, Mbappe, Lewandowski and Haaland, my squad is now obscene. Latest additions are Eden Hazard, Fernandinho, Benjamin Sesko and Jude Bellingham.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see them making it big.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Having previously signed Frenkie de Jong, Mbappe, Lewandowski and Haaland, my squad is now obscene. Latest additions are Eden Hazard, Fernandinho, Benjamin Sesko and Jude Bellingham.
    Modent day Galacticos.

Presumably those signings must have cost a fair wedge. How do you balance the books and avoid FFP?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Modent day Galacticos.

Presumably those signings must have cost a fair wedge. How do you balance the books and avoid FFP?
    Just keep winning.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2021/22 Summer Update:

Transfers In:

Free transfer and he gives us some cover at CB.

My big summer signing at a whopping £6.25k, he's now our starting left mid and he's doing alright so far.

£1.4k, I was beginning to give him a couple of starts after I changed my formation up but he's spent the last 3 weeks recuperating from a groin injury which is a bit annoying.

My main striker was being a bit shit and the others were injured or I was freezing them out to try and sell so I brought this guy in on a freebie loan. He's not as good as my main striker but I've been giving him minutes and I hope he'll progress a bit for the end of the season.

Transfers Out:

I wanted to sell at least 3 others but I just couldn't manage it as the demand wasn't there. Although I did accept some decent offers for one guy from three teams and the dickhead rejected all of them.

Fixtures:

A really rough start especially as we were 2-0 up in the first game before bottling it. This really started to drag team morale down so I decided to move to a much more disciplined and compact tactic to just try and pick up some points and it worked. We got a point against Radunia thanks to a 93rd minute equaliser, stole a victory (0.65 xG compared to their 1.9) against Znicz and we got into a groove. We should have beaten Garbania too as we were a much better team but sadly we missed too many chances.

League:

Fairly happy with were we are in the league right now after the shit start and hopefully we can push on. I can't see us getting promoted this year but hopefully we can get close and put ourselves into a decent position to have a chance next season.

National Side:

Only one game which was a 7-0 victory against San Marino. Lewandowski with all 7 goals, obviously.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no Lewandowski?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Pogon? I might have to wait another 5 years, minimum.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to it
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twenty games in and it's safe to say we're doing better than I expected. We've stuck to a plan, signed the right kind of player and we're flying. Europe is looking very likely next season and the squad depth remains good.

Sousa continues to impress in midfield, but the whole team (and back up players for the cup games) are pretty much performing as a unit. I'm slightly above my wage budget and don't have any transfer funds to spend, so recruitment wise it's just been a case of keeping an eye on future talent, some of whom I'll look to bring in in the summer.

The Man United game was a pisser as they were still 100% and they won it virtually the last kick of the game. I've posted the Everton game below which was just bizarre.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played my save for a fair few weeks and having just loaded it up, the 'feel' for it just isn't there. I think I made a minor error joining Liverpool, in fact so I'm not going to retire it completely but I will try to go again some point down the line as I want to win the top flight in each top nation. I've done it in England, Scotland, France and Germany so I definitely want La Liga and Serie A before I hang the save up completely.

However, a few days off coming up and I need something to get my teeth into so, unless someone has any suggestions, I was thinking giving Ellesmere Rangers (level 10) a sugar daddy style make over in the same way I did with Wrexham in the last version, merely giving them the best facilities and nothing less and going YDWAWK again.

Suggestions, if any?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took advantage of Amazon giving away FM21 for free(offer ends some point today) yesterday and I've spent the day getting the logo/kit packs done right and having a fiddle about with the menus.

It's time for a save game and I'm torn 3 ways currently. There was a 4th but I'm canning that idea for now I think.

1. Glory Hunter challenge - 20 year time limit. Must win all competitions in Europes top 5 leagues in that time. Free club choice to start.

2. Home Grown Heroes - Home grown players of that nation only. Aim is to win the Champions League with your entire squad being from one country.

3. Smaller League - No restrictions, but the aim is to take a league outside of Europes top 10 as high as it can go.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home Grown Heroes would be my vote.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join me and my local lads.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you're not using a dodgy database, Mahow.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Now add Vlahovic
    Last edited by Baz; 31-12-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame fixing the league and team names breaks the leaderboards.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Such a shame fixing the league and team names breaks the leaderboards.
    It doesn't if you just use the replacement db/lnc/edt files where you delete the ones that break it, does it? I think it's just when you add files to the 'editor data' like those that fix kit colours or whatever. Juventus, Porto and Man Utd have the correct names on mine.

Unless everyone else can't see me on their leaderboard, of course.
    I'm a twit