User Tag List

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good as we approach the home straight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 1-1 draw with 2nd bottom of the league means the gap has closed slightly. Rangers de Talca and Santiago Morning both won their games.

3 games to play. And we play Santiago Morning next. Effectively a 6 pointer.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 01.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 02.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 03a.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 3b.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 04

Millwall - 2024/2025

After securing our passage back to the Championship, we felt it was important to add some quality to the ranks in what we anticipated to be a tricky campaign and so with that in mind, the Lions welcomed the following during the summer window:

Sheer firepower. Oli McBurnie, Piroe, Minamino and the January arrival, Mika Biereth all got into double figures, over sixty goals between them with Mason Bennett and Helder Costa providing the assists as well as twenty goals between themselves.

It was our attacking play that led to us securing our league status well in advance and gave us the platform to go into the final day of the season with a chance of making the playoffs.

Former club Derby County lay in wait, they had beaten us 3-1 earlier in the season and football being football, you just sensed they would come back to haunt me again but alas, it never occurred. Costa's penalty ten minutes from time was enough to secure the win, the points and the final spot. QPR drew 0-0 nonetheless.

Brentford were our opponents but we somehow found ourselves 2-0 down at half time, the Millwall faithful furious, it didn't get any better as Samuel Gigot made it 3-0 with minutes to spare. Takumi Minamino's late late strike gave us a glimmer of hope in the return but losing at The Den hurt.

The return offered nothing. Sod all. We lost 2-1. What an anti-climax.

I suppose we could at least say we lost to the eventual winners but what use is that. Steven Gerrard's Sheffield United losing in the finale.

In the domestic cups our luck was borderline non-existent as Crystal Palace knocked us out of the EFL Cup third round, the Eagles eventually getting relegated from the Premier League again. Whilst in the FA Cup, Swansea scored in injury time to put us out in the third round, Mason Bennett's 68"minute red card not helping the situation.

My contract ends in one month time and that'll be all she wrote as far as Millwall go. The board should have been happy but were left frustrated that we failed to grow the clubs reputation (I mean? WTF?), we finished higher than our preseason prediction and after a year long drama of listening to players moan about salaries, it's done. Over. Fuck 'em.

One has to think of their own careers so off I trot. Disappointing year though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Trying out something stupid. Eleven players, all on Attack duty.

Predictably stupid ME as ever

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also just wanna shout out all the career updates, love these and been reading them religiously since the earlier FM threads. Top lads.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've traditionally found success with highly attacking formations throughout the years as well. Maybe not to the extent of yours (both in terms of the formation and the results) but it seems to work even when you are expected to be the punching bag of the league.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, especially in FM21 I found cautious and defensive tactics pretty useless - even my away tactics as newly promoted sides tended to be set to "balanced" mentality at least.

Defensive does seem to work a bit better this time around. Started a journeyman save, was rejected by every club for half a year and then ended up at Helmond Sport, second to last in the Dutch Second Division (from which, it turns out, I cannot be relegated this or next year due to some wacky Dutch rules that I won't pretend to understand).

One of my first games was away against powerhouses Jong PSV (aka PSV Reserves). Decided to go with a 5-3-2 Catenaccio, barely conceded a shot on goal and scraped a 1-0 win thanks to a 90th minute penalty. I'm going to try to somewhat shithouse my way to the top.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    There was once a football management game, possibly called FA Premier League Football Manager, where aside from managing a football team you could have a girlfriend/wife/family and spend your money on houses, cars and boats.
    They should bring this in the new FM but you can choose to go full 'Football Man' Warnock track suit manager or get your teeth fixed and permatan like Rogers, different styles having affects on the type of players you attract etc.

I am back on 21 Touch in lieu of a laptop, my desktop would probably run it but not very convenient for my needs. Barrow in League 2, finished 10th two seasons in a row, need to push on but my main annoyance with touch (and mobile) is it can feel like you're fishing in a puddle when it comes to finding new talent.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like the fact it makes reference to the contract being fulfilled. It's always better than assuming you've resigned for no reason.

Also: Season 5 en route.

Prove myself in Scotland and surely that should open up a Premier League job.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In previous version you just stayed on a month-to-month type contract until you resigned and it always annoyed me.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pay good money to see Manqoba Mngqithi at The Den.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure you're giving him the respect he deserves. You're talking about the four time DStv Premiership champion, the 2022 Total CAF Champions League winner and the five time, FIVE TIME Telkom Knockout champion.

I'll throw in the double Nedbank Cup winner for good measure.

Respect, Manc. Respect.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has way more titles than Solskjaer so I don't think Milwall stand a chance to be honest.

Also Telkom Knockout sounds like a failed Mortal Kombat clone.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    1) Yes. https://sortitoutsi.net/ has everything you need.
    2) It can be but you can also delegate a large amount of things, like press conferences. I dont think I have done one, outside the initial ones, since they introduced them.
    Yeah, it looks so complicated now. I will give it a go, at some point.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Man(qoba), the myth, the legend.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, got the hang of it I think. Wing backs, baby.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    One of my first games was away against powerhouses Jong PSV (aka PSV Reserves). Decided to go with a 5-3-2 Catenaccio, barely conceded a shot on goal and scraped a 1-0 win thanks to a 90th minute penalty. I'm going to try to somewhat shithouse my way to the top.
    Well, it's all been downhill from here.

Toggle Spoiler

Luckily I'll have a transfer window to try and sort it out.

Two things I've noticed that need to be improved (well, two things especially):

1. my two target men up front are tall but they both have a strength rating below 10, which might explain their disappointing returns. Still, I feel this guy should be doing better in the Dutch second tier:

Toggle Spoiler

2. I have problems getting my crossers to actually put crosses in. I'm not sure what the issue is, they don't have traits that should prevent it, the team instructions basically have getting the ball out on the wing and hoofing it into the box as their sole focus, yet I'm slightly below average both in crosses attempted and completed. More often than not, when they approach the byline, they'll just turn around and pass it back to a midfielder.

I still haven't given up on making my right back something of an assist king.

Toggle Spoiler

That said, those two are basically the only ones that are essential, the rest of the squad needs an overhaul.
    Last edited by Serj; 11-11-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want help with that crossing thing, post the tactic and the wide player PIs and i'll give it a crack.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be anti-cool but I have to say I love the 'Data Hub', even if things like this always sound like I've hired Jack Dee to the analysis team:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah for all their superfluous meetings and info panels and whatnot, the Data Hub is a great addition.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is seriously buggy in my save. Oyarzabal won't sign a new contract despite no objections to what I'm offering, even delegating to DoF there is the message that they cannot come to an agreement despite no part of it being highlighted as the reason for it.

Also just got a bid of 21 million on Januzaj from United accepted because it "meets his release clause", despite the contract page listing it as 47.

Edit: Ah damn it United has a buy back clause on Januzaj.

Edit 2: Figured out the Oyarzabal thing, his offered wage took me beyond the registration wage cap for La Liga so it just cancelled the offer to him.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 12-11-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no longer jobless!

It's quite the league over in Latvia. We play 24 games a season..

Heres 'the lads'

Got high hopes for Sow
    Last edited by Mike; 12-11-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a save idea that hooked me on a facebook group, so going to faff with my knackered desktop to give it a go on FM20.

Starting as 1860 München with a view to usurping Bayern as the best team in Munich/Germany. Only 5 non-German players allowed. Use a Libero (Beckenbauer) and Raumdueter (Müller) in every tactic I employ.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    If you want help with that crossing thing, post the tactic and the wide player PIs and i'll give it a crack.
    Sure!

Here's the wing-back I'd like to build up as the main provider:

Toggle Spoiler

Here's the left winger

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Serj; 12-11-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wage structure here is also a joy to behold (none of the contracts are my doing).

Toggle Spoiler

The combined wages of the top three players mean I'm well over my assigned wage budget. I thought I could nab some solid players on a free, but it looks more like I will have to rely on cheap loans.

None of them wants to leave, either.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you do?

We are in the January transfer window and he has 9 goals and 26 assists in 32 games....at 29 he's not getting any younger and we're not exactly flush with funds.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sell.

I'd also then offer him out after accepting in case another club comes in with a bigger offer.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure!

Toggle Spoiler

Here's the left winger

Toggle Spoiler
    I have no idea why that isn't working, tbf. The PIs seem perfect for a crossing system, you've got overlap on, and Wide. Its not much different to my CWBs bar a few instructions:

Could be the level of player? I'm also a big proponent of one tactic in all 3 slots plus training their specific roles.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an absolute wanker my chairman is.

Toggle Spoiler

For context, I just accepted the Ryan Kent bid and then he goes and pulls a stunt like that.

Munro has 31 goals in 30(6) games after coming through the Rangers youth system back in 2021/22. Fuming.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marseille 2046/47 Mid-Season Update:

It's been a while so I thought I'd give an update.

Transfers In:

£15.25m, I largely bought him because of his awesome name and partly because he was just 14 when I discovered him and I don't usually find youth that young.

£14.25m. I don't need him as I have a load of keepers on the books but I couldn't say no to a really good French prospect.

£21.5m and he feels a hole. We had no real cover at RB and I was just using CB's who can play at RB whenever my first choice guy was injured/suspended. I was having problems finding a decent RB with potential that wasn't £80m+ so I was really happy to find this guy who is also French.

£13.25m and he's another that I don't really need but I couldn't say no. I feel he could be a star, just a shame his stamina is pretty shit.

He's coming at the end of the season when he turns 18 for £38m. It's a pretty hefty price tag for a striker who isn't that great of a finisher but my scouts think he could be massive.

Transfers Out:

A few more of the dregs that were left in the squad have finally left. I also let a whole heap of youth out on loans which have also made the club an extra £7m.

League:

We're currently on a streak of 48 games without a loss and it's hard to see us losing any time soon.

Europe:

Easy.

Fixtures:

No real problems, although we did have a game against Rennes in which we just about managed to win 2-1. We were actually 3-0 up after 70 minutes, I then went to make my subs and the screen went black after waiting nothing happened so I force closed the game. We shat all over them but needed goals in the 45+1 and 90+1 minutes to secure the win.

I want to single out this guy as well:

I signed him last year for £16.5m to be our backup LM but he quickly became our number 2 striker (I play a 4-4-2) after some injuries and he's been incredible, he's also just been named FIFA's best U21 and the European Golden Boy.

In terms of this save I still need the Club World Cup (next one is in 2049), the European Super Cup and the European Championships (2048) to complete my Octadecagon challenge. I imagine I'll stay at Marseille until it's done (I really hope we don't fail and have to wait another 4 years) and then I'll buy 2022 to start something new.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying £9M for Alan Hutton.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little addition tbh. Probably gives a hint as to who did win it.

Update en route.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure!

Toggle Spoiler

Here's the left winger

Toggle Spoiler
    I genuinely don't think I've played a 4-4-2 in FM in like more than 10 years.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 01.
    Season 01
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 02.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 03a.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 3b.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 04
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 05

Rangers 2025/2026

After running down my contract with Millwall, the Rangers job was staring one in the face and a stint in the SPL was a prime opportunity to add some more silverware to the two League One titles my fledging career had obtained.

With that in mind, we looked around the market with our limited funds and settled on the following:

Ebere Eze, a former Millwall player himself along with Davinson Sanchez were both picked up on loan from Tottenham, Louie Barry joined from Aston Villa, also on loan to add some depth up front and in midfield whilst January signing, Joshua Aryee found himself without a new deal at Dortmund and so we grabbed him to replace Jamal Lewis who we thought would go at the end of the season, as it is, he left in the January window himself so we asked Borussia how much they wanted to bring in Joshua early, £190K they said, OK. He would have been free otherwise.

Those leaving the club, of which there we a few in the end, all left in the winter window with the exception of Filip Helander. Ryan Kent left for Real Madrid for £30M rising up to £38. Alfredo Morelos went to West Ham for £25M, Jamal said au revoir and joined PSG for a whopping £35M and Linus Wahlqvist moved to Championship side Wolves for £10M. In total we sold £103M worth of talent but we knew by then where we stood and it would have taken the mother of all bottle jobs to have cost us the division. In hindsight, it may have been more prudent to have kept a few but I had no idea what was to come at the very end of the campaign.

It was a bit of a travesty not to go unbeaten given we were so close to doing so but we did smash a number of a records, goals for, beating a long standing one held by Hearts in the 1950's, and 103 points was a club record tally. If we hadn't dropped silly points to Celtic and lost to Hibs of all people, we may have landed a new Scotland record too but alas, a win is a win.

Domestically we were dominant throughout and secured both the Scottish League Cup and the Scottish Cup beating Celtic in the final of both.

Goals came easy and I imagine if we'd kept the likes of Kent and co we would have claimed many more records, our teenage wonderkid who was close to joining Man United before I kicked up a stink was very nearly ready to smash Henrik Larsson's grand total of most goals in a season too. As it is, Dylan Munro will have to wait another year, if of course either of us are here.

33 league goals in 33 games. 52 in 55(6) overall and he's most definitely got further improvements in him.

That's the good news.

The bad news.....we were knocked out of the Champions League as both Liverpool and Juventus finished above us. Why is that bad?

Well....you be the judge.

Bloody Shakhtar of all people. If we beaten them on the final match day then we would have qualified for the knockout rounds but it wasn't to be and so we dropped into the Europa League.

That goals against column makes for awful reading.

Europe's second competition was still European football and we wanted to make a dent and it is fair to say we did that.

But the final in Turkey was no delight. In fact, it was a bloody nightmare.

Rinsed.

On the personal side, accolades kept coming.

Manager of the Month in all but two to go alongside the Manager of the Year award, the Football Writers Manager of the Year award and it should have been the Players Manager of the Year award too given the win percentage but promoted side Inverness saw their manager, former Rangers striker Billy Dodds claim it. Wanker.

Records taken during the season was most points (club) with 103, biggest sale both for the club and in Scotland, initially it was Ryan Kent but days later Jamal Lewis took it with his transfer to PSG. Dylan Munro's 52 goal total was the most overall goals by a player in a season, Ianis Hagi's 32 assists was a club record although Kent probably would have surpassed him, Liam Kelly's 28 clean sheets was a new record and finally, Munro's 14 man of the match awards was a new one also.

All in all, a very good campaign and now we have money to play with along with both the youth facilities and the training ground getting a face lift.

I do want to stick around perhaps a little while longer but I have doubts that we'd taste European success and there isn't much to achieve on the home front so instead I'll keep an eye on the job market, specifically Marcelino's time at Newcastle as their 14th place finished has left him in a precarious position.
    Brendon Rodgers (119 days), Manuel Pellegrini (292 days), Unai Emery and Diego Simeone all failing to win so much as a bean with the Toon Army, Marcelino looks like he's next on the list. 16th, 16th, 16th, 13th, 14th.....one would say the takeover hasn't exactly gone to plan.

On we go.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am waiting for someone to upload the Greek lower leagues so I can start there, but no luck so far. The irony being that I've found the North Macedonia and Cyprus ones (which, one would imagine, are not as popular). I might start in the latter instead.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernandez Vial : 2022 : End of Season Update

Chilean First Division B

A very successful season. Having avoided relegation last season in the final few games, the media had us down to finish in the relegation zone. But we proved the doubters wrong and somehow stormed to the top of the league and won it with a couple of games to go.

Chile Cup

On to the Chile cup, made up of the top league teams and us in the lower league.

How we managed to get to the final is amazing. but could we go one further??

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to stay for that extra season personally when I am doing journeyman saves. You get to play with the big boys and then you leave for greener pastures.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I tend to stay for that extra season personally when I am doing journeyman saves. You get to play with the big boys and then you leave for greener pastures.
    Yeah, I think you're right, I'll probably stay another season.

Looking at my league table, I was wondering why the gap at the end of the season was so big between me and the teams below, and why Santiago Morning were so low. Then I realised the points deduction thing kicked in like last season.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fancied a go in Spain as, to be frank, the place is on the brain a bit, but nothing in the top flight really appealed. Instead it's across to Aragon and Real Zaragoza, who are, if not quite a sleeping giant, then certainly a fellow of a certain size who enjoys an afternoon nap. We were predicted to finish 8th in the Segunda division, which seemed fair. Competition features no real standouts, but plenty of yo-yo Spanish names: your Almerias, your Eibars, your Las Palmases, your Valladolids. 'Super Depor', it turns out, have managed to go all the way down to the third tier, so no sign of them.

The squad lacked standout performers, but did have a fair bit going for it, with several decent teenagers (three of whom found their way into my regular starting XI) and I went for a 5-3-2 formation, aiming to crowd midfield and use the wing backs as attacking outlets. The first three games did not go to plan, with stultifying football served up, and results of 0-1, 0-0 and 0-1 suggesting it would be a season for the purists. However, a couple of tactical tweaks made a big difference and soon our wing backs were running most games. They were helped by brilliance from 18 year old striker Iván Azón, who I called in from the youth team to partner Colombian whippet Narváez. Francho (midfield) and Alejandro Francés (defence) provided extra youth, while there were also plenty of 30-somethings involved. I believe it's known in football circles as 'a healthy blend of youth and experience'. I didn't make any signings.

September and October we were flying, but November we hit the skids slightly with the winning formula inevitably leading to five or six squad members wailing and crying about their lack of game time. We have also started to leak a fair bit at the back, which is basically I think because our defenders are shit, and teams have worked out that if you pump it down the wings at us Egil Olsen-style, there is a lot of space there, so I think every side plays the same 4-2-3-1 wide against us now. Still, we're in a reasonably competitive spot at Christmas so I will look for a couple of additions (with my extremely limited budget) to shore things up in January and see if we can mount a realistic challenge.

The rest are much of a muchness, except for Huesca who seem to be some sort of mad superteam and thrash most clubs out of sight. We got a 2-2 draw and should have won but they got us with two late equalisers. I think we've been the better side in 16 of the 19 games, we are just saddled by our poacher being average, and by the usual clinical finishing from oppo when they get chances. For some reason we get fouled massively more often than other teams in the league, and those set pieces have been a key part of the armoury as well.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've discovered setting the wide strikers in a 3 striker system to 'mark specific player' and the opposition fullbacks completely fucks their chance of getting out of a defence by passing. They have to go central or hoof it. It also makes those two strikers as makeshift wide defensive wingstrikers and its glorious.

Red 11 and 28 are my wider strikers. They now go through the middle which I congest and we smash 'em on the counter over and over.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Result:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten goals with just the one ccc smells fishy.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Ten goals with just the one ccc smells fishy.
    Here's the pkm, you can watch the match. You'll see that what the game defines as a CCC is bollocks, as a fair few of the goals are obviously CCCs:

https://ufile.io/mmlqj45t

Helps that they had a mare

Last edited by Dark Soldier; 13-11-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First La Real season over (well, Europa League final vs Lazio still to go):

Oyarzabal carried me all season. Couldn't make a dent in Barca in the end, and a real shame Valencia couldn't keep them away from the title either, but pretty great to see Madrid miss out on CL.

Transfer wise fuck all has happened (I banned transfers in the first window, and January was quiet). I just can't seem to find many interesting prospects out there at prices this club can manage, the budget is really tight unless I offload Isak or Oyarzabal.

Edit: Well that was undeserved.

Last edited by Bernanke; 13-11-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only been in charge of my Latvian boys for 8 games but I have won the first cup in the teams history!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is nice after all these years finally to have solid statistical evidence that I'm getting screwed over by ruthless, clinical AI finishing vs my forwards' inability to hit a barn door.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Floyd Potter.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are people using Attribute Masking? I previously never have, but am considering for my new journeyman save. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it adds more frustration than enjoyable realism.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've had it on a few times but it just ends up being annoying rather than anything else, especially in the lower/more obscure leagues.