User Tag List

Thread: Battlefield 2042

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlefield 2042

Obligatory trailer:

I'm guessing the board are not Battlefield fans as the last few haven't really had threads but here we go anyway.

The Open Beta should now be available to all after we've just had the early access portion.

I'm not quite sure what build we're at with what we've been given to play, but it's a bit buggy. Otherwise, I like it. It looks exactly like you'd expect a modern Battlefield title to look but with extra polish. Looks very pretty to me.
    My gameplay experience has been a bit more mixed. I'm obviously rusty with FPS games. The last one I played properly was Black Ops 2. I've not really played a Battlefield title since 4.

This one seems a lot of chaos, mostly good. For me, there's too much vehicle madness. If your team doesn't have capable people in the sky, you're getting blown up a lot by strafing choppers.
    The big rocket taking off set piece is amazing the first time you see it. It doesn't seem to do too much other than fill the place with smoke for a bit though.

You don't tend to get revived too many times either. Perhaps the medics need a buff.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might give it a bash. I used to play Bad Company (2?) a load and enjoyed it but haven't tried one on this gen

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad Company 2 was the best of their offerings imo. Back when quite literally everything was destructible.

Used to get into a party of 4 and into a chopper. Gunners on either side, engineer in the back constantly fixing it and the best flier as the pilot. Circle the map and cause chaos.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to play BF4 quite a lot but havent really got into the more recent ones. Hardline was meh when I played it and I am not a fan of the WW1/WW2 genre.

I did download the beta for this and will be giving it a go this weekend. I like that it looks like a polished/more refined BF4 but I am not looking forward to dying to tanks and helis again

My FPS'ing has been limited to WZ for the past 18 months so will be good to give something else a go.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further thoughts. The Storm, when it hits, is something. Also the rocket is much more epic if you stop it taking off.

Game still extremely buggy, but apparently this is a build from July. Might head on tonight and enjoy it before it goes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently you can access this now if you've pre-ordered digitally.

Anyone got on it yet?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My copy is coming 19th. Hated BF5 and tolerated BF1. I genuinely loved Hardline and am quite optimistic that 2042 will be decent from what I’ve seen. I’ll be up for some squads if anyone is interested

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Physical copy for me here too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a few games on it today and while I am being smacked about by likely kids half my age, it's good fun. I'm having a bit of trouble with hit detection at times but that can be ironed out.

I keep getting hitmarkers with the sniper you start with, but I notice it had reduced damage as compared to the others so it may be to be expected. I do like how you rank up and unlock all things at once now. My previous BF experience was that you only unlocked the class you had got the XP playing as.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 weeks in now and we've had 3(I think) updates. The game runs much better now. Still great fun and they've just added in Rush but on the Portal side of things.

I wish they'd add it as a main game mode, but in Portal it runs with reduced players. Not sure how 64 v 64 Rush would go. Portal is definitely the feather in the cap though. The ability to run everything or anything you want Battlefield wise through there is amazing.