User Tag List

Thread: You're on the run: Which TTHer(s) do you trust?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're on the run: Which TTHer(s) do you trust?

As discussed in the News thread.

Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Do you mean Hunted? Yeah, I've always thought access to this community would be invaluable in such an endeavour. We're spread far and wide, with so little in common and [other than it being fixed, which sadly I think it is] I don't see how you'd ever crack a random internet messageboard as the key to someone's evasion plot.
    You're on the run. You decide this very message board is the key to your plan. Who do you trust to keep your secret and be the most helpful as you try to evade the long arm of the law?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if I'd trust anybody on here in that situation. Firstly, I think the police would eventually find this place either by browsing history or via somebody I know that got turned (not that loads of people know, but enough do for it to be a concern). Secondly, if you don't want to get found, don't tell anybody what you're doing--especially people you only know online.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was on the run, I'd leave the country and head to some vast wilderness without CCTV or many people and walk for about 3-4 days. Do that a few times and there's no trace to track, surely.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely nobody. I’d imagine most would quite like to see me caught.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't dob you in Giggles, but I would feed you spaghetti.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd cheer a TTHer on if they were on the run (assuming it's for something relatively victimless). Imagine a thread with everybody tracking Magic as he drives across the continent barefoot with the odd superfluous post describing the deterioration of his feet. That's thread of the year material.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I wouldn't dob you in Giggles, but I would feed you spaghetti.
    And I’d be very grateful if it was the only pasta you had.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go and live at Mahows house. He'd do exactly what he was told and I'd keep him compliant by telling him all the local police officers are "females".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian meta data laws has this placed stuffed sorry about that...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lofty seems a good shout. Depending what you'd done it sounds like you wouldn't even make the top ten of people he knows that the police would be interested in.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all the rape would get a bit much though. He's a big lad too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever is the Private Walker of the board and can 'find' me resources at short notice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can buy guns. Why would you go to anyone else?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely Lewis.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hypothesis was more based on the TV show, rather than being an actual outlaw.

On that basis, most of you. The likes of Baz would be a risk but could be bribed with pokemon cards. No need to worry about Giggles as you aren't allowed out of the UK mainland I don't believe.

Kiko/Jimmy in London, probably Jim as he has a car. Reg in the Brighton region, Lewis for South Central, Disco picking up the Southwest, Taz for the badlands of MK, Mellers, Max Power (I guess Lee if you're in THE GROUP) picking up the Midlands, Hammer to go with you if you have to go native, Shinners up in the North East, Lofty for the extreme northwest, all the jocks or scotch inhabitants (maybe trust the outlanders more there like Ian and James). Someone needs to get on that show really.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring your own beer, I don't share the fancy shit.

"Niko was caught because Ian found out he'd had a DIPA from the fridge and called 999."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd hide you in the first floor scorebox at the cricket club. No natural light, sure, but I'd send you in with some water and a few multi-packs of crisps, and could put you behind three or four different keys which only I would have, and block the entrances with stacks of crappy garden furniture. At the end you'd smell of the fifty year old ball sweat of now-dead men as I think a stash of their obsolete pads and gloves would be the only bedding available, but at least you'd not get caught.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could take you to covid ITU and then we'd find out how desperate they really were to catch you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'd hide you in the first floor scorebox at the cricket club. No natural light, sure, but I'd send you in with some water and a few multi-packs of crisps, and could put you behind three or four different keys which only I would have, and block the entrances with stacks of crappy garden furniture. At the end you'd smell of the fifty year old ball sweat of now-dead men as I think a stash of their obsolete pads and gloves would be the only bedding available, but at least you'd not get caught.
    I'd take my chances at HMP Wandsworth, Neeks.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only taking unvaxxed hostages, thanks.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hypothesis was more based on the TV show, rather than being an actual outlaw.

On that basis, most of you. The likes of Baz would be a risk but could be bribed with pokemon cards. No need to worry about Giggles as you aren't allowed out of the UK mainland I don't believe.

Kiko/Jimmy in London, probably Jim as he has a car. Reg in the Brighton region, Lewis for South Central, Disco picking up the Southwest, Taz for the badlands of MK, Mellers, Max Power (I guess Lee if you're in THE GROUP) picking up the Midlands, Hammer to go with you if you have to go native, Shinners up in the North East, Lofty for the extreme northwest, all the jocks or scotch inhabitants (maybe trust the outlanders more there like Ian and James). Someone needs to get on that show really.
    Away over to Boydy and get him to take you to some wilderness in Fermanagh. They wouldn’t even bother to look for you.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to go to south Armagh, surely.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked up the TV show and yeah this place would be very useful. I think even without it'd be piss easy, but I may be underestimating the rules and what you have to do? How long do you have before they can start tracking you?

Dump your phone and walk the countryside continually every day. After about a week, just find some hole in the ground to sleep in. I take it there's a decent prize of minimum £100k to put up with having no entertainment for a month. I assume they show your image on TV and offer a reward? I wouldn't take the risk with possible facial recognition, but it'd be great to spend a week darting all over the place then just live life as a homeless bloke at Hyde Park.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They basically do everything they would to catch an actual crim. I only watched an episode or two so no idea if anybody's gone the distance. I did see one guy who just walked and camped but they still got him I think.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camping is daft. I'd either sleep in caves or pretend to be homeless, with the latter being an excellent critique of modern society that would probably win me a BAFTA as nobody looks at me twice for a month.

How does it start, though? Do you start from your current location and they can search for you immediately, or is it a designated spot and you have a day before they start looking?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have to physically catch you on the telly programme or just spot you? If the former just stay local and batter the people they send to hook you.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone fancies hiding on Dartmoor I'll be Gazza to your Raoul Moat and bring you a chicken and some tinnies.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have to physically catch you.

They use 'the full apparatus of the state' but, seeing as they aren't the state, they're not legally allowed to do that, so they make it all up to make it seem like they are. So, I guess in lieu of being able to use ANPR cameras, they have their little mole(s) on the ground (the camera man/crew who follow you around) report back on where you are and they can reverse engineer whether you've been past any CCTV or said ANPR cameras etc. So it's all most likely a massive contrivance. People do make it to the end, but it always seems a bit of a lottery and they always do really daft things which I suspect they are contractually obliged to do [but you never know about]. I think at the start you get like a 15 minute headstart on the baddies and you're allowed to plan an escape maybe.

I've spotted a flaw in my plan re: Jimmy as his dad is most likely the chief hunter chap.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    You want to go to south Armagh, surely.
    to find Henry and knock him out.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other major problem with the show, other than the camera crew no doubt dobbing you in, is you "win" by getting to a set point at a certain time. If they hunters can work out where you're trying to get, you're fucked no matter how well you evaded them up to that point.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (I'm sorry, I can't remember the British equivalent with Annabel Croft) meets the Running Man?

EDIT: It was Treasure Hunt. I get it confused with Challenge Anneka because they're almost the same show.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should definitely do a proper adaptation of The Running Man. Not that Arnie's Neon Deathmatch wasn't also fun.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go to Cord's house you'll be able to have thousands of disguises with all the hats he has.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, too risky if the police finally work out he murdered the dog. Dealing with the law is one thing but the RSPCA? Nah.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    to find Henry and knock him out.
    I love to think of Henry going about south Armagh arguing the benefits of a conservative or labour government with people. He’d be buried in a bog within days.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon it would take PC Plod offering me anywhere equal to or upwards of a chocolate button to get me to sell out Ian, or indeed anyone else. Not even one of the big ones.

Also if you want to feel old, I think the dog's been dead about 7 years at this point. Not a court in the land could convict me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait until we get some of the true crime podcasts saddos on the case.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one of the early Hunted series didnt some idiot disappear in the Scottish highlands and basically win but then started sniffing his own farts and got the train back to London to prove how clever he was and was immediately apprehended?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds likely. They always seem to be setting up HILARIOUS stings on the hunters which are in no way sensible and almost always end with them being caught, which I assume they in some way required to do as a condition of being on the show.

Or going back to see their families.

"I've not seen the wife and kids for a week woe is me."

Mate, you should be cherishing every moment.