User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Fantasy Football

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A valiant effort from Metcalf, but unfortunately he could not prevent Weblymania RUNNING WILD.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame Brandon Aiyuk (and Kyle Shanahan).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we both had some dead weight in the flex positions and players on the bench who overperformed and could have either got you the win if they were playing or made me a bit less nervous.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All part of the plan. Keep it close for maximum mind games.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really hoping to win it after my early forfeit for maximum mind games. I doubt I'm making the playoffs so I'm afraid that'll probably be it for the Mind Games Bowl this year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind Games Bowl for the Consolation Playoffs.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another week, another player on IR. Both of my teams have been riddled with it this year.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long live The King.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I think with the MGB secured for another year they're all just wanting the rest of the season off.

Fuckers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opponent was suitably irked.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revenge on Pleb after I was projected to beat him handily last week and didn't, the legend that is Garrett Gilbert getting McScorin' two whole catches to get me over the line.

RUNNING WILD.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't strong enough to stop Welbymania RUNNING WILD.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this my first TTH final? Can't work out how to check on the app. I think it might be... And I'm definitely not winning.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 3 of my teams absolutely smashed it last night and made 3 finals out of the 3 Semis I was in. Unfortunately, I was already eliminated from 2 of my 5 leagues (although I did win a 3rd place match in 1 of those).

All 3 finals look close though, Higgins won't put up nearly 50 points to make them routine again. I feel like all my good luck was used up.

And yes, this would appear to be your first final.
    Last edited by Browning; 28-12-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely mind games'd Thomma into a last place finish and getting on to the final himself. What a season.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked now I'm home and my highest place finish is third a decade ago.

*crumbles into dust*

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Absolutely mind games'd Thomma into a last place finish and getting on to the final himself. What a season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was all over for him when you dubbed him "Thomma", he just couldn't cope with it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was going well for the first hour or so, then they all retreated back to the locker room and started sending Thomma abusive DMs.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm outscoring you this week, and in my mind, that's the real final.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're doing great. I'm proud of you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that my 3 finals are over.... what a season that was!

TTH Standard was probably the final I was most confident in of the 3, but was also the one that started absolutely horrifically. I think most people said from the draft my team would be tough to stop with Taylor and Gibson as the keepers and Saquon added to the mix.... but both the season and the final started so bad. Many of my players under performed in the final, but I think it really came down to the waivers last week. Me, Ian and GF both went in for Ronald Jones and Amon-Ra.... and me getting Amon-Ra and missing Jones seemingly dictated the final. What a guy. If that goes the other way or GF had a higher priority, either of them could have won it. It's just nice that we were the 3 best teams over the year too, rather than someone scoring insanely and not even competing, as often happens.

Amon-Ra also played a huge part in the Super Flex final. That was the one I thought I might lose, but it obviously helped that my opponent didn't update his line up. I was afraid if he added Ronald Jones, ODB, Gesicki and the Pats DST off his bench I'd be in trouble before the game started. When he didn't start any of them, and left 2 holes in his line up, I was confident, but in the end I don't think the holes mattered as we won by just shy of 40 points and had he started his best 2 pre-game options (RoJo and Gesicki) they wouldn't have gotten close. Even adding ODB and the Pats wouldn't make up the gap, so while it sucks to go up against an incomplete team, I'm certain the better team won. It's nice to get this after losing the final last year because Stafford got injured on the first drive.... although he didn't exactly help me much in this final either.

The Standard Dynasty final.... I was 50/50 on before it started. Zach won it 2 years ago and I won it last year so it was a big match on paper and we were also the 2 top scorers and 2 top seeds. That I did all that without Derrick Henry for half the year and without MT all year was unexpected. I added the Chicago DST with no plans to start them just so he couldn't get them.... and then flipped on the decision and netted an extra 15 points as a result which is nice. AB and Higgins did their best to let me down in multiple finals, but it wasn't to be. Thank you Nick Chubb for being a sack of shit, I guess. It should be stated that Dan really should have won though. He lost to me in the Semis by 5 points after leaving injured Conner in his side.... and then outscored me in the final week by 40 points. That said, he was only in the Semi Final to begin with thanks to luckily having the defense who faced Ian Book who weren't even considered a good option at the start of that game week before Hill went down so.... fuck him!

Great year all round for my teams really as I won the 2 leagues that mean most to me out of the 5 I play in. Shame the other 2 didn't work out when I had pretty strong teams in my opinion, but you can't win them all.

I really believed in Amon-Ra in pre-season which is why I drafted him in Super Flex and wanted to draft him in the other dynasty but he got snapped up a few picks before me. It's nice to see him pay off when it mattered.

I fully expect my Dynasty team to struggle next year, despite the back to back championships. They're just getting old and another 12th pick isn't going to help me much. if Henry comes back at an elite level, we might be alright, I guess.

For Standard... we're changing the keeper rules to I can keep Taylor again, right? Right????

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That final kinda fit my team's season really. Third highest scoring team in the league but kept hitting other teams on some of their best weeks and my own players shitting the bed. Very boom-bust.

And I was seriously struggling for depth with all the injuries but there we are. Second isn't bad.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I focus on the Dynasty leagues while the games are going on, but when I checked TTH after an hour or so I was ready to concede it. I'm not even sure what changed other than ARSB going mental, but yea, it seemed like you had it well in hand. In general, across all my leagues, this was a tough, tough season to adapt to. In all honesty I probably won the 2 dynasty leagues based more on my depth than anything. If this is the standard for 17 week seasons then the game has changed.... injuries are going to dictate things more than ever before.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's just that a few of my players got off to hot starts and then basically stopped.

Gallup getting a TD and injuring himself out of the game early was the proper chef's kiss cherry on top.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and of course the most important part was DT getting a ring on my bench.

I was hoping the coach would change his decision and play him..... but alas it wasn't to be.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had St. Brown as my top priority for the week so had I managed to grab him I'd have won the semi final and then final, but that's all ifs and buts.

Kupp and Diggs was a great WR combo to have throughout. I think I also did well to cope with losing CMC and Carson pretty early on. Unfortunately when Conner went down and Javonte Williams started getting stuffed, it was a bridge too far.

Pretty happy with the season. I pretty much did everything I could do, but was a little unlucky and also you pair played it better over the play-off weeks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to get this up and running again, I guess.

I'm still not sure of the logistics of expanding the number of teams. I guess the easiest way if we really wanted to go from 10-12 would be to not do keepers this year and start fresh. Alternatively I guess we could just have the 2 new teams not have keepers and be as a disadvantage in year 1, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. The best way is just to stick with 10... but yea, if there's still interest from new players we can discuss it.

Season is sneaking up on us so we probably need to get a Draft Order/Keeper Deadline set if we are using keepers this year. I assume everyone is playing again @Ian @Baz

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll play again.

If we need another play for the 12th team (Lofty is 11 right?) I’ve someone ready and able.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'll be in.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is @Lofty still keen? I'd like to be able to include him if he is, but it comes down to what the majority want to do I guess. And also whether the 2 newcomers would be happy playing without keepers for the first season, or if we all just want to start fresh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will play if it doesnt fuck up the league structure.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shall extend to 12 and start over I think. We will then go back to 2 keepers per team from next year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Provisionally put the draft in for the 3rd at 9pm. Open to moving it if we have objections.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already had a request to move it to the Friday (2nd). Any objections?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine by me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for me, I think.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine by me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my first draft of the year. Only an 8 team (2 QB) league so everyone is kind of stacked, but not unhappy with how it turned out:

Starters:
    QB- Mahomes, R.Wilson
    WR: Jefferson, Cooks, Metcalf
    RB: Ekeler, Kamara
    TE: Pitts
    Flex: Mooney, Dobbins

Bench: Dak, Dillon, E.Moore, Winston, D.Smith, CEH, Meyers, H.Henry, S.Moore, K.Walker

Kickers: Succop, Lutz (We start 2.... for... reasons. But I neglected them as late as possible).
    DST: Indy
    IDP: J.Brooks, D.James (We need to start 3 so I'll have to pick up a DL player at some point).

I was picking at 7 and the guy at 8 didn't show up so I was able to predict his picks with reasonable accuracy. Best one was when the only hole in his line up was QB so he was clearly going QB/QB so I took Dak before him even though I didn't need Dak at that point. Fuck him.

Overall WRs could be better, but I sacrificed those to load up with studs elsewhere. Ekeler was my keeper in Round 3 which helped.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big day tomorrow. Has the draft order been decided?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Lofty hasn't forgotton about this

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lofty 6 minutes until the draft.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lofty.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never fear he'll win the whole thing now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he survives Week 1 against the Welby Wolves, that is.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my Thomma mindgames in that draft really paid off. I got a C+ for my Yahoo draft grade and you, Thommo, you IDIOT, got a frankly heinous C.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a heel turn, Thomma never saw it coming.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 03-09-2022 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry lads, Yahoo app was being a pain and then I forgot. I will be active going forward.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started up a daily league if anyone fancies it, Dan usually does one but we only get a few people each year, worth a try to get it going again though:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/11250311
    @Baz @Ian @Lofty

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my final draft of the year tonight (Yea.... after the season started.... I complained about that but oh well, seemingly it just gives everyone a bye this week). Another 2 QB, 8 team league... but I'm stunned how strong my team is (I had the number 1 pick):

QB: Allen (1), Herbert (2)
    RB: Swift (3), Zeke (5)
    WR: Diontae (6), Sutton (7), Cooks (10)
    TE: Andrews (4)
    Flex: Conner (8), Montgomery (11)

Bench:
    Lance (9), Hollywood (12), Mooney (13)... and then in order Winston, Patterson, Olave, Hines, Burks, H.Henry, McKissic

With the Saints DST and Goggles rounding off the draft.

Some of those picks were absolutely mental. I assumed I'd have to play week 1 but still couldn't talk myself out of Josh Allen so that's why I took Lance so early. Herbert falling all the way to pick 16 was fucking insane, he should have gone easily in the first round. Another one I couldn't believe was me getting Conner 31 picks after I took Zeke when I had basically flipped a coin between them. When I drafted Lance I really wanted to draft Cooks... and yet Cooks fell all the way through and back to me.

Yes, everyone is stacked in 8 team leagues, and yes I don't have an alpha WR1... but yea... this feels ridiculously strong.