User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hades

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you escape?

Well in case there is anybody else going to be playing this I'll spoiler mine even though 'How needs to fix his....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking last night that if I were to sit and think about my top 10 games ever this would at least have to be in the running. Extra credit for the fact that I usually have a fairly low roguelike threshold.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just so polished. No bugs, haven't had a crash. The artstyle is amazing. And I'm still not convinced I've heard the same voice line twice yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of voice lines they've recorded for combinations of how your last runs have gone, how you're doing overall, who you've buttered up with Nectar / Ambrosia (finally have some uses for the latter now), what you've got equipped, who you're speaking to, etc. is ludicrous.

It also just has enough stuff going on so that if you do have a few disappointing runs there's something to keep you going, whether it be story or crossing off stuff for prophecies or whatever.

Also:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Did you escape?

Well in case there is anybody else going to be playing this I'll spoiler mine even though 'How needs to fix his....

Toggle Spoiler
    I did not escape. I think I'd have done so if I had a death defiance in my pocket.

Also, whoops.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might sack off going with whichever weapon is giving me the darkness (and in my case gem) bonus for a bit and focus on getting my first win with the shield so I've completed the set. Bought a new aspect for it last night before I finished where after a bullrush the special will throw a second shield.

Also Mahow, and forgive me if this seems like a phenomenally stupid thing to point out but I genuinely didn't notice this until however many shield runs in I was, are you aware you can actually use it to block stuff?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was aware yes.

I rarely use it though. I think I've done it to protect myself from gemstone lasers and when Meg fires loads of shots.

Other than that, especially with the boons I had on my last run, I'd rather just dash everywhere.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it situationally and probably less than I should but it's handy if you lean into some boons which buff the bull rush so you can set yourself up for it safely.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Fucking hell, check out my health and DDs bottom left.

That was horrible.

Also THE STREAK up to 3.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting bow is the strongest for you. I still haven't even come close to beating Hades with the bow.

That must have been quite a bit of panic at the end there. And that 40 min clear time! Typical shield playstyle.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even feel I like the bow much but I have to admit with the right boons I get on with it very well.

I reckon 5-10 of that escape time was on Hades himself just because I knew I was short on DDs and health so I was trying to just keep him at range and let him eat the hangover debuffs I was leaving when I dashed and hit him with festive fog. Fucker hits like a tank.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up to a part of the game where I can't actually get to Greece anymore, and I really miss the place. The snow, the colours!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you're all deeply invested in THE STREAK.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pressure points level 5... Ouch.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never figure out how much I'm getting from Artemis' crit stuff.

Also just occurred to me I was using Aspect of Hades there and barely used the sweep at all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you're all deeply invested in THE STREAK.

Toggle Spoiler
    Will it ever end?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you getting on? Any closer to your first escape? Where is your "I can get to this reliably" point at the moment?
    Last edited by Ian; 10-10-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't had time to play since my last run sadly.

I'd say beating Meg is fairly reliable now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Will it ever end?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP in pieces THE STREAK.

You beautiful sweet prince.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to Hades again (bow, heat level 2) but couldn't stay ahead and those little wizard things he spawns kept hiding behind the cover as I was lining up shots at them and I took too much silly damage trying to sort them out.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a couple of annoying fights against Hades where I was doing okay but couldn't quite get it over the line. On heat level 2 for all weapons now but the PoP options I have on don't really affect bosses so it's not down to that. Maybe partly because I'm still chasing prophecies rather than going for optimal builds but there are one or two of these runs I still feel like I should have had. Annoying.

Toggle Spoiler

It also occurred to me last night I really ought to be leaning into dodge and taking the Plume when I'm using the Twin Fists. Very obvious thing that just hadn't occurred to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've unlocked a few companions now, but constantly forget to use them.

Also never even gotten up to Hades with the bow yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one companion, he helped me nearly beat Hades last night.

Time before that I did use him but then the big twat used that massive beam thing and just absolutely melted it instantly so I may as well have not bothered.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also occurred to me last night I really ought to be leaning into dodge and taking the Plume when I'm using the Twin Fists. Very obvious thing that just hadn't occurred to me.
    Toggle Spoiler

By using Lambent Plume from the start I also had an extra 20% dodge stacked on top of what was above. Chuck in the homing blade rifts and the arrows per punch from Artemis that was just one of those loadouts I knew it would take a total disaster for me to not win.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the plume?

Have you got to the credits scene yet?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plume is Hermes' keepsake and every time you clear an encounter it adds a small percentage to your dodge chance and it appears all the dodge chances stack so I think depending on whether or not I'd just used my Call I was running a 25%-ish dodge chance plus an extra 30% after I'd used the call, so I could get it to max, let Zeus zap him for ten seconds for me and then just keep dash striking around him for a load of basically free hits.

No "end" credits yet.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hfswjyr View Post
    Have you got to the credits scene yet?
    Just did it.

Toggle Spoiler

Also have you done much with the hidden aspects? I tried the spear one where it gives you a bit of life-steal but nooooo health and foolishly
    Toggle Spoiler

Then tried the bow one which I can see is strong but I couldn't get the hang of it. Then I tried the sword one.... and fucking hell that thing chunks damage out of enemies.

Toggle Spoiler

I love this game.
    @Sir Andy Mahowry Stop wasting time on FIFA and FM and shit and just play Hades all the time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earned a stack of diamonds and then accidentally burned 10 of the 11 I had on a fucking theme. /

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly how I felt about the end credits. I didn't realise I was that emotionally invested in it all!
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been giving the Lyre 5-10 strums every time I pass through, is that not the way to do it? I assumed it's just having you rack up a large number of uses over time.

As for the legendary boons I've got 3 to go I think. I've made myself a cheat sheet in notepad (whose boons I need and their prerequisites) but it's still reliant on a bit of luck and even making a concerted effort to do it I haven't got them all crossed off yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Up to my 12th clear now and my fastest yet. The Aspect of Gilgamesh is brutal and I didn't even exploit the maim that much. Currently rolling with Shady as my companion. I might just edge it over Rib/Skelly but not sure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still yet to escape

I'm getting to Hades pretty much at will, but normally with 1 defiance left, so I end up battered.

Thought I had him once, and then his second lifebar spawned, the beardy twat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    I'm still yet to escape

I'm getting to Hades pretty much at will, but normally with 1 defiance left, so I end up battered.

Thought I had him once, and then his second lifebar spawned, the beardy twat.
    Have you been finding Patroclus at all on the way? He can help with the DD situation.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the one for the sword I don't think I saw any of the hidden aspects and thought "Oh that sounds ace!" but after now getting a win with the Aspect of Rama for the bow (THE STREAK is now up to 4 again) they're all pretty strong when you get to grips with them.

Helps that I accidentally learned last night that you can just hold down the special attack for it so it fires it back-to-back, and that special is a triple shot which also splits off and ricochets to other enemies nearby AND marks them so that any damage you do to ANY enemy (including a mark one) with your main attack they take a further percentage of the damage.

Add in that I got a boon which also had the main attack ricochet to up to three enemies and I was absolutely coasting through a lot of encounters.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my first run with the rail today and I lost to Theseus and the Mino.

I made a few mistakes as I hadn't played in a while (and I took a shit tonne of damage in asphodel's lava) so I ended up using both my defiance's in Asphodel. The first in a regular room (I had done 2/3 rooms on just 4 HP so I was stunned it didn't happen earlier) and the second to the bone hydra.

I did find Patroclus for the first time so it gave me a chance in Elysium and I took the Mino out quick but I struggled badly on Theseus.

I quite like the rail but I feel I wasn't spamming the special enough and was focusing on dash striking a lot so I was putting in a lot of work for little damage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

New STREAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Did my first run with the rail today and I lost to Theseus and the Mino.

I made a few mistakes as I hadn't played in a while (and I took a shit tonne of damage in asphodel's lava) so I ended up using both my defiance's in Asphodel. The first in a regular room (I had done 2/3 rooms on just 4 HP so I was stunned it didn't happen earlier) and the second to the bone hydra.

I did find Patroclus for the first time so it gave me a chance in Elysium and I took the Mino out quick but I struggled badly on Theseus.

I quite like the rail but I feel I wasn't spamming the special enough and was focusing on dash striking a lot so I was putting in a lot of work for little damage.
    The key with Theseus is really just to try and always have cover between the two of you until after he's thrown his thing and he turns to walk away. AOE attacks are also handy but he hits like a truck if you try and take him head-in.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are going well, Streak-fans.
    Toggle Spoiler

@hfswjyr

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closest call so far
    Last edited by hfswjyr; 22-10-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corrected for you.
    Toggle Spoiler

3hp away from defeat.

TWO heroic boons as well. Not sure I've ever even had one.

I see you're up to heat 4 on the shield as well. Yesterday was my first heat 3. What're you using for PoP? I activated Benefits Package for the first time. Health bump or the extra free hit thing for the baddies would've been easier I suspect but I've got a prophecy to come up against all the Benefits Package things. That was fun.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep forgetting to use my companion. In fact with my 3hp escape, I had 2 charges unused.

I'm basically just trying to chase prophecies at this point. Artemis is the one I'm really struggling to get done. There's also one last boon for Chaos I'm struggling to get (think you need to see 3 portals to get there?).
    Only have Meg, Dusa, and Skelly companions so far. I'm gifting Nectar to random people with the hope I get some more.
    I've done all the "easy" PoPs at least once now. It's the bottom 5 or so that I'm dreading.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you checking against the wiki for pre-requisites?

Some of them need previous boons which ALSO have requirements so I just made myself a text file with what I needed for each god to make crossing them off easier.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you can check the pre-requisites in the game codex. I just never seem to run into enough Artemis boons in a single run.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Ah. I see.

Also, didn't realise the pre-reqs were in the Codex too. I've still got three legendary boons to tick off but it's Demeter, Poseidon and Zeus for me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the Artemis one today. Just need one last one from Hermes!

I also got the three fury's last night. Only just made it past them.

Is there any point me gifting to Bouldy?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've got excess nectar he'll give you a random buff for the rest of the run. Attack damage, move speed, that sort of thing. I've still got Olympians who need nectar so I've only gifted to Bouldy once.

He is clearly a top lad though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had two runs tonight.

The first was pathetic. I was using the fists for the first time and whilst I do think that when I get them they'll really suit I was pretty shit with them. Ended up dying to the bone hydra but it was a struggle just getting there.

The next was with the bow using the aspect of chiron. I got to Theseus and the Mino and almost had them (I was focusing on the Mino but I seemed to be hitting both) but I think the boons I chose weren't getting the best out of the aspect.

Finally found Thanatos for the first time though so I'll finally have everyone gifted (I also need Zeus who seems to be avoiding me) at least once soon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you go fists, Mahow, equip Hermes' keepsake if you have it and pick him whenever you get the chance. You want them big dodge buffs.