119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see manic, I see driven.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for checking. I've had a cracking day and I'm well excited is all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You see manic, I see driven.
    Yep. I've got my brain back and it's a joy. This side of me isn't really seen too much on TTH, but at work if I need to do something and I want to I don't stop until it's done or I'm happy with where I am.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who isn't that guy but likes to work for those type of people, I can tell. I wouldn't have volunteered otherwise. None of those posts are trying to stop you from doing it just warning you so you know whats coming for you up front.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all really helpful and thank you for the compliment.

If I get this going it'll make packing TOTY Mbappe 6 months ago look like a Sunday lunch by a river.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to turn on the beeb in 5 years and say 'Is that Ricky Gervais doing a scene with Bol Bol?"

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, Ricky may have a cameo if he wants. I want him for a day as I want to know all of the shit to do/not to do from his perspective.

For example, if he cares at all about money, he would probably say he should have released the office finale as a film rather than a Christmas special. I'd love to know what his thoughts are on so many things.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs to be on the Beeb within 2 and a half years or it'll have failed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the youtube pilot going to have 90s parts? How are you going to make it obviously the 90s? How big is the cast going to be?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Haha, Ricky may have a cameo if he wants. I want him for a day as I want to know all of the shit to do/not to do from his perspective.

For example, if he cares at all about money, he would probably say he should have released the office finale as a film rather than a Christmas special. I'd love to know what his thoughts are on so many things.
    Merchant runs the production company and would know those things.

But on The Office, it's because The Office belongs to the Beeb not Gervais. For example, Have I Got News For You is a hattrick production that is then sold to the Beeb. The Office was a BBC production credited to a fake production company so that Gervais/Merchant could use the character of David Brent outside of BBC productions for adverts.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I want full IP and that's non-negotiable.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you're working for Channel 4 not the BBC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Is the youtube pilot going to have 90s parts? How are you going to make it obviously the 90s? How big is the cast going to be?
    Cast is still being decided, pilot will need about 10, + extras. Youtube pilot will be one thing, 29 minutes long and with an accompanying trailer. I'm going to film it at 6 in the morning on a summer's day, buy/borrow a load of shit 90s cars, raid charity and second hand electronics shops and hire a TFP cast.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you're working for Channel 4 not the BBC.
    So be it if that happens. IP is critical.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Ideally I want the pilot to start a bidding war. The price of the bid is not the main priority, the terms are. This idea has been 20+ years in the making, it's the only one I've got and I'd genuinely rather not do it than do it in someone else's image or not reap the full fruits of it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So be it if that happens. IP is critical.
    Sorry but this just doesn't exist at all. It just doesn't.

Create the product, decide how good it is, decide whether it matters from there.

Your first project should never be your dream project in a post-Netflix world because you will learn a million things from the first project and you'll have leverage to actually get the above based on the success of the first project.

The problem now is that there's too much money, and too many people who want in. It means that all the money goes to the people already in and that the people who want in are scum and should be treated as such.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but this just doesn't exist at all. It just doesn't.

Create the product, decide how good it is, decide whether it matters from there.

Your first project should never be your dream project in a post-Netflix world because you will learn a million things from the first project and you'll have leverage to actually get the above based on the success of the first project.
    With respect, you're wrong.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing Gervais ever or will do was The Office, the best thing Stallone ever did or will do was Rocky.

I don't care if I don't have a film career, I really don't, Maybe they did and they compromised, I won't be on the deal breakers.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With respect, I don't think I am but maybe I'm more cynical.

Jordan Peele had a several year running comedy show and was given a budget of 4 million. The only advantage you have over him is being white.

The best thing Gervais ever or will do was The Office, the best thing Stallone ever did or will do was Rocky.

I don't care if I don't have a film career, I really don't, Maybe they did and they compromised, I won't be on the deal breakers.
    Both of these things were created in a different media era. It just doesn't work like this anymore.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cast is still being decided, pilot will need about 10, + extras. Youtube pilot will be one thing, 29 minutes long and with an accompanying trailer. I'm going to film it at 6 in the morning on a summer's day, buy/borrow a load of shit 90s cars, raid charity and second hand electronics shops and hire a TFP cast.
    How much are you planning to spend on the pilot?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 90s bit of the pilot will have one outdoors scene, which will be tricky, but I've learnt a lot from how they did 28 Days Later.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    How much are you planning to spend on the pilot?
    Fuck all.

Reckon I could do it all for thousands, maybe one, but a LOT of my time, which is the most valuable commodity any of us have once we hit 40.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck all.

Reckon I could do it all for thousands, maybe one, but a LOT of my time, which is the most valuable commodity any of us have once we hit 40.
    Just to be able to film on the street would require licensing and consent forms for anyone that walked through your shot which costs more than 1k. It's a different era.

You can cheat on distribution now with the net but everything else is a legal nightmare.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With respect, I don't think I am but maybe I'm more cynical.

Jordan Peele had a several year running comedy show and was given a budget of 4 million. The only advantage you have over him is being white.

Both of these things were created in a different media era. It just doesn't work like this anymore.
    This will cost nothing (the series that is, not the pilot) to make and I'll be using completely unknown actors, deliberately.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be able to film on the street would require licensing and consent forms for anyone that walked through your shot which costs more than 1k. It's a different era.
    Keep up. I'm not gonna have time to repeat stuff soon. As stated, I'll be doing it at 6am. There'll be tramps, rapists and those returning from one night stands. That'll be it. Everyone else will be working for me, for free or a share of future profits.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep up. I'm not gonna have time to repeat stuff soon. As stated, I'll be doing it at 6am. There'll be tramps, rapists and those returning from one night stands. That'll be it. Everyone else will be working for me, for free or a share of future profits.
    And you'll have to get said tramp and rapist consent forms and if you can't show them then it can't be shown on a commercial network.

I'm just trying to make aware of the various traps they use to fuck you., Not say it can't be done.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I've got something that's got millions of hits on Youtube, that people are crying out for more of, I'll hold all the cards, with no real time issue either as it's unlikely I'll use the same cast for the actual thing.

I can make it, release it, jump back on to stir the pot and watch those numbers multiply like rabbits. If they don't after a year or two, no harm no foul and I'll give up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you'll have to get said tramp and rapist consent forms and if you can't show them then it can't be shown on a commercial network.

I'm just trying to make aware of the various traps they use to fuck you., Not say it can't be done.
    Pilot won't be the version that's broadcast when it gets commissioned.

And keep em coming, they're really helpful, but I genuinely have answers for everything. I'd love to be stumped, but I've been mulling this over for over 7,500 days.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the above is absolutely fair. But Yev, I just need to warn you cause I don't want you to get hurt.

A million views on a youtube account with no prior build is 1) almost impossible now 2) incredibly, incredibly, incredibly rare for the UK. It's not 2014 where you can game it anymore.

To put it into perspective, for accounts that were made after they blocked gaming the system without paying Google. Here is the most popular sports show DURING THE PLAYOFFS in americas view rate:

and I mean this with absolutely zero offense intended, you have no idea how many of the people who have the ability to film/produce this shit have been offered 'future profits' on things.

I've got a good 20-30 future profits Im waiting on.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the above is absolutely fair. But Yev, I just need to warn you cause I don't want you to get hurt.

A million views on a youtube account with no prior build is 1) almost impossible now 2) incredibly, incredibly, incredibly rare for the UK. It's not 2014 where you can game it anymore.
    Still 2/10 and I like a challenge. I've never failed at anything in my life when I've tried and I don't intend to start now. I'll need you all to help mind to get it off the ground mind (you're all invited to the island, think Necker but with no Branson or the dreadful Winslet and actually fun) when it has.

I will get something to go viral in my life and I hope it's this. I really do.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to sign off now but Yev, at the very least, the positivity is inspiring.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can pay Google? How much is that? It's dirt cheap, isn't it? Fuck me, if it's good, that'll make it an absolute piece of piss.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Phonics, you're a gent and you've been very helpful. Pint when you're back in Blighty at the very least.

Night from me too gents.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can pay Google? How much is that? It's dirt cheap, isn't it? Fuck me, if it's good, that'll make it an absolute piece of piss.
    So the trick is to pay them until it gets into the youtube algorithm and then once that happens you're set for exponential views.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus. IMHO I tick all his boxes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life (Working Title) - The Pilot

Opening scene on the moon, the flag the US placed can be seen and in the distance is earth, we zoom in through Google Maps to a co-op. A middle aged (late 30s grump is trying to buy some vape juice). The year is 2020 but all the audience can tell is it's modern day-ish.

SCENE 1 - Approx Runtime 3 mins.

Bread, milk, 8 selection variety box of cereal and 8 Bud Lights have been scanned.

David: "Please can I have two 6MG Wild Berry Vape Juice"
    Cashier: "Sorry, which one"
    David: "6MG, Wild Berry Vape Juice. Two of them"
    David: "No, that's wild ice"
    David: "To the right"
    David: "THE RIGHT"
    Cashier: "This one?"
    David: "No the next one"
    Cashier: "Gotcha"
    David: "THE RIGHT!"
    David: "No, 6MG"
    Cashier "We don't have any"
    David "You do, I'm literally looking at them"

LONG PAUSE

Cashier: "Oh yeah, sorry we do have it"

PUTS ONE ON THE TILL

David: "Two please"

Cashier: "How many?"

AUDIBLE SIGH

David: "Two"

VAPE JUICE WON'T SCAN, AN ETERNITY PASSES AS THE NUMBER ON THE BARCODE IS TYPED IN, TWICE

Cashier: "That'll be £39.90 please, how are you paying?"

David: "I'm not paying £39.90, the vape juice is £2.49 a bottle"

Cashier: "No, it's not"

David: "Yes, yes it is"

Cashier: "Well it's scanned at £14.95"

David: "Yes, that's wrong, look at the ticket on the shelf. It's £2.49 - the description matches perfectly"

Cashier: "Oh yeah, sorry"

David: "No probs"

Cashier: "£14.98 please?"

David pays and says thanks, picks up his shit and leaves.

Music starts playing and gets louder:

David walks back to what appears to be his house, aerial shot. It's a cold but sunny day, he's not dressed appropriately. Says hello to a couple of people before letting himself in. Music is now loud.

Puts the milk in the fridge and the cereal and bread on the side before unpacking the beers from their shit cardboard packaging. They nearly fall and smash on the kitchen floor but he salvages things. Clock on the microwave says 7:45 am.

He takes the 8 beers into another room downstairs which is a shower and toilet room and puts the beers in the shower, turns on the shower head and wets them before applying Lynx Africa shower gel to the top of each. Washes them furiously and seems pleased with this. Picks them up and puts them on the side in the kitchen next to the fridge and grabs his laptop bag and puts it by the front door and heads upstairs undressing as he goes. Arse shot maybe included here. Music fades out and screen cuts to black.

SCENE 2 - Approx runtime 3 mins

Screen fades back in, we see a bridge from a first person perspective of someone walking up to and over it. There are buses, bikes and pedestrians everywhere. It's the year 2001 but this isn't made apparent to the audience albeit they may notice it's not modern day.

Music starts and gets louder.

Camera pans out, we see a young man (21) in an ill fitting suit and tie walking over this bridge.

He continues walking past dreaming spires of central Oxford and, utterly confused by the options he grabs a coffee before ending up at the reception of an office building. He talks with no confidence and the slight hint of a stutter.

Young man: "Hi, I'm here to see Jason, I start a new job here today"
    Receptionist: "No problem, take a seat and he'll be down"
    Youngman: "Thank you"

5 MINS Pass and JASON APPEARS. He looks in his 30s but has clearly had a tough paperound, his skin is fake tanned, covered in acne and leathery and he has a shocking (spiky) haircut.

Jason: "Hi, good to see you, I'll show you round"

THEY GET IN A LIFT AND GO TO THE SECOND FLOOR where about 6 departments are all on one floor containing about 100 people, most of which are already in. Young man looks nervous as he's shown around.

Jason: "Here's our department, credit control, here's Purchase Ledger", here's cash and banking, here's Management and Statutory accounts ad here are the directors offices"
    Young man: asks nervously "Where's my desk?"
    Jason: "You don't have one, you'll be working downstairs. I'll show you now."

BACK IN THE LIFT THEY GO TO THE GROUND FLOOR POSTROOM AND JASON INTRODUCES THE YOUNG MAN TO THE POST MASTER.

Roger the postmaster: "Nice to meet you, if you wanna make a start on that sack over there, sorting it into departments then names. Should take about an hour. Give me a shout when you're done".

The young man does it in 10 as the song above crecendos. Roger is impressed but decides to undermine him by focusing on the mistakes before showing him another 8 bags.

MUSIC DIPS

Young man: "How long have these been here?"
    Roger: "About a week's worth"
    Young man "I'll get cracking"

MUSIC LOUDENS THEN STOPS, screen fades to black.

SCENE 3 - TITLE SCREEN WITH ACCOMPANYING MUSICE AND RELEVANT CREDITS (song to be decided still) - 1 minute approx (now 7 mins in total)

All feedback welcome, constructive or otherwise.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SCENE 4 - 2001 - HANDING OUT THE POST - 3 MINS - 10 TOTAL

SCENE 5 - 2020 - LEAVING HOME AND ARRIVING AT THE OFFICE - 3 MINS - 13 TOTAL

SCENE 6 - 2001 - PUB LUNCH - 3 MINS - 16 TOTAL

SCENE 7 - 2020 - LUNCHTIME DRIVE AND SHOP - 19 TOTAL

SCENE 8 - 2020 - TRAINING COURSE - 3 MINS - 22 TOTAL

SCENE 9 - 2001 - PUB - 3 MINS - 25 TOTAL

SCENE 10 - 2020 - MATERNITY LEAVING PRESENTATION WITH CAKE BAKING CONTEST RESULTS - 3 MINS - 28 TOTAL

SCENE 11 - 2020 - OFFICE WATCH 1ST BORIS ANNOUNCEMENT - 1 MIN - 29 TOTAL

SCENE 12 - CLOSING CREDITS - 1 MIN - 30 TOTAL

Sorry Lewis, I won't be doing a WDYTOE Now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, can someone merge all these together in an appropriate length vid, with the Coldplay song below playing over it?

Toggle Spoiler

Ta muchly.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a massive headcase, Yev.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you reckon to it?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I be in it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need more actual feedback peeps.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve done two things in the teaser trailer that are manifest genius. Firstly, the coming 2022 thing ties in with when life should come back and second the title sounds like a prequel Gervais is working on.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    You're a massive headcase, Yev.
    Mate you write game reviews of pervert weeb visual novels for a website I’ve never heard of. Those in glass houses.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback, please.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to quickly and cheaply show it is 2001 in the second scene is probably have the character walk past a poster advertising Shrek as now in cinemas, or something along those lines.

The first two scenes you have described both seem decent though I have no idea what relevance they have to one another.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My feedback:

1. A lot of it reads like writing not how people speak. Like I have no idea where this is set because the writings quite generic.

2. I have no idea what type of show it is. There’s not enough jokes for a sitcom where you need to aim for about a joke every 40 seconds. If it’s a drama, nothing has happened and we’re already at the 4th scene.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to show it's 2001. I want intrigue and lots of it.

And you're not meant to work it out. Some will, who pay attention and that shall be there reward, the rest will have to wait until much later.

And cheers for the feedback.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My feedback:

1. A lot of it reads like writing not how people speak. Like I have no idea where this is set because the writings quite generic.

2. I have no idea what type of show it is. There’s not enough jokes for a sitcom where you need to aim for about a joke every 40 seconds. If it’s a drama, nothing has happened and we’re already at the 4th scene.
    Great. The jokes will be coming thick and fast as the episode warms up, but the opening scene, if shot well, will be funny.

Ta for the feedback.

2. No need to know what type of show it is, I don't want it to be boxed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But loving the intrigue/confusion it's generated, that is exactly what I was going for. 2.1/10.