User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Olympics

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't have watched the 100m, 4x100m relay (bronze in both) or the 200m (silver) in Rio then as De Grasse took medals in all of those.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite possible.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58040337

Eric Bailly masterclass South Korea-Mexico seemingly played with a floater too which is an interesting twist to make sure no one mistakes this for actual football.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Golf is so boring to watch. The highlight was seeing the dude who was winning trying to retrieve his ball from the bushes. That took like twenty minutes though.

EDIT: And he still won. Surely putting your ball into the jungle should be a lot more damaging to your result.
    Last edited by Pepe; 01-08-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That medal sharing is a disgrace, and it could only be an Italian and a pretend Arab who cooked it up between them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was a fucking disgrace. Let them share a silver if they want, maybe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who ever gets into a 1vs1 final should just do that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. What a joke that was. Fuck the other guy, go for gold.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame the Italian by the way he carried on.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It deserved a Kilroy share or shaft moment.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japan v America in the Baseball should be good?
    Last edited by Queenslander; 02-08-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for not finishing my profile of the competitors in the Women's 87KG+. Kicks off at 11:50 I believe and the reason I'm so interested in it is it's a watershed moment that at best could screw someone out of a medal at this Olympics and at worst could be the catalyst for biologically born Women being unable to compete at the top level of their chosen sport. It goes against everything fair that sport should stand for.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many trans women have medalled since they were first allowed to enter in 2002?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully New Zealand Jenner smashes them all before taking some time off for her mental health.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    How many trans women have medalled since they were first allowed to enter in 2002?
    I don't know, how many have actually entered?

If you genuinely don't see a problem with this then for the first time in my life I know how Germaine Greer feels.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all see the problem. It's mental. Funny though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I think we all see the problem. It's mental. Funny though.
    I'm genuinely not sure all people do, so we must have some on here that don't. I mean, it's happening, no?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only becomes a major problem when the lines get blurred in something like boxing and someone gets seriously hurt, but I guess that happens in straight up cis-normie fighting too.

Is Semenya allowed to compete? Seems an interesting juxtaposition (although I appreciate the same rules might be being applied).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a governing body too scared to say no for fear of being lynched I think.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    It only becomes a major problem when the lines get blurred in something like boxing and someone gets seriously hurt
    See Spikey, people are fine with it. We have run mad.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Germaine Greer is our gift to you.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to me as though the Beeb aren't going to cover it on BBC1. Any ideas where it is on?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Germaine Greer is our gift to you.
    She is absolutely brilliant (as a lot of old people are) and I find it hilarious that she fought so hard for so long for Women and is now painted as a bigot. It's incredible really.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching the international feed covering the baseball in Australia. The Seven app have all the live international feeds for every sport.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Australian 1960s exports to London were all dons. Greer, Murdoch, Clive James (one of my favourite ever writers), Barry Humphries, probably others.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    I'm watching the international feed covering the baseball in Australia. The Seven app have all the live international feeds for every sport.
    I will have to press the red button or dive into Eurosport (eurgh) I think.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eurosport coverage is far better than the Beeb.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did Rolf come over?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    See Spikey, people are fine with it. We have run mad.
    I'm not saying I'm fine with it, if you'd quoted my entire post you'd see that sentiment in the next sentence, you fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Eurosport coverage is far better than the Beeb.
    That's a pleasant surprise. I only have their snooker coverage (which I see after on Youtube) to go by, which is a bit shit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    When did Rolf come over?
    Good painter, better singer. A man of all the talents.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying I'm fine with it, if you'd quoted my entire post you'd see that sentiment in the next sentence, you fucking idiot.
    Your sentiment in the next sentence is what everyone says who is absolutely fine with it "Semenya's basically a man", which is why I ignored it, as it's a fucking idiotic stance to take, you fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pleasant surprise. I only have their snooker coverage (which I see after on Youtube) to go by, which is a bit shit.
    They have way more feeds than the Beeb and are also much more even-handed in showing sport, rather than being a Team GB cheerleading outfit.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seven speak to the Boomer parents every morning.

Brutal

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your sentiment in the next sentence is what everyone says who is absolutely fine with it "Semenya's basically a man", which is why I ignored it, as it's a fucking idiotic stance to take, you fucking idiot.
    No it isn't. Learn to comprehend mongo, up your emotional intelligence or whatever it is.

My point was it is interesting to contrast the treatment of Semenya, ostensibly a woman/born a woman, with that of trans-athletes, even if the comeback to that [implication being it is unfair] is that they are both held to the same testosterone standards [I don't know].

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niko, I've read that second line 3 times now and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but just don't bring Semenya into it, she's a once in a lifetime occurrence that's a massive red herring when it comes to the issue at hand here.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it isn't. Learn to comprehend mongo, up your emotional intelligence or whatever it is.

My point was it is interesting to contrast the treatment of Semenya, ostensibly a woman/born a woman, with that of trans-athletes, even if the comeback to that [implication being it is unfair] is that they are both held to the same testosterone standards [I don't know].
    Testosterone is the benchmark for everything in Women's sport these days I think, there's another here with issues now it seems, but that doesn't take into any of the natural advantages you get having been born a man vs. being born a Woman with high testosterone, let alone being born a Woman without that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niko, I've read that second line 3 times now and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but just don't bring Semenya into it, she's a once in a lifetime occurrence that's a massive red herring when it comes to the issue at hand here.
    I take it you haven't heard of the other two athletes that are competing who are subject to the same rules as Semenya. Makes a mockery of the idea that Hubbard is allowed to compete because the libs would go mad otherwise.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s this about, the bloke in the womens weight lifting or is there one doing it the other way around too?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it you haven't heard of the other two athletes that are competing who are subject to the same rules as Semenya. Makes a mockery of the idea that Hubbard is allowed to compete because the libs would go mad otherwise.
    I've just seen one of them. Can you clarify your second sentence please? I don't know why Hubbard is allowed to compete, but she absolutely shouldn't be. High testosterone is a completely different thing to the natural frame advantages you get by being born a man.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    What’s this about, the bloke in the womens weight lifting or is there one doing it the other way around too?
    I think that's who we're on about, unless I've missed another one

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there are a few more Semenya types.

I find it hard to believe that the likes of Maria Mutola might not have fallen foul of such standards had she competed today, although that's probably just me being a racist.

Drilling down into what is and what isn't a permissible biological advantage is just a minefield. I mean, virtually every 100m runner of note ever has West African lineage of some sort, fast twitch fibres and all that. Should the whities not be able to up their roid levels to compensate?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really be bothered discussing the Hubbard issue on here because the issue for most people (I do not speak for Yevrah here) seems to be that trans women are not real women, and not the physical advantage that arises from being a women that underwent puberty as a man.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drilling down into what is and what isn't a permissible biological advantage is just a minefield. I mean, virtually every 100m runner of note ever has West African lineage of some sort, fast twitch fibres and all that. Should the whities not be able to up their roid levels to compensate?
    People also say this too. Have you appeared on GMB to argue the toss with Piers Morgan?

The answer to your tongue in cheek question is of course, no.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is all a bit mental. Every single athlete there has a physical advantage over 99% of the population. Thems the breaks and I don't understand why we've moved past "don't take shit that artificially enhances your natural ability" as the line in the sand.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should just be men = has penis and women = doesn't. Trans women aren't undergoing the change to cheat biological women out of Olympic medals.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should just be men = has penis and women = doesn't. Trans women aren't undergoing the change to cheat biological women out of Olympic medals.
    Men = born with penis, women = wasn’t. Job done, handy out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the Namibian women who just took part in the 200m is of the same classification as Semenya, and is only taking part as she can't run the 400m without reducing her testosterone. I do understand why other athletes have an issue with these competitors - it must just feel inherently unfair - but at the same time they didn't choose to be born intersex and have this advantage. But as niko says, it's a minefield as a lot of elite athletes undoubtedly have some sort of biological advantage (Phelps springs to mind).

Regarding Hubbard and the weightlifting, I don't think it's fair to allow her to compete really. It's a very different situation to being a women with high testosterone, as being born a biological male will give her a very big general advantage. Not to mention she competed as a male before transitioning, so it's not as if she decided to go into the discipline post-transition.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really be bothered discussing the Hubbard issue on here because the issue for most people (I do not speak for Yevrah here) seems to be that trans women are not real women, and not the physical advantage that arises from being a women that underwent puberty as a man.
    Fair enough. For what it's worth I don't really care for the argument as to whether they're real Women or not and nor really, should anybody else. In that context alone it makes no difference to anyone whether they're described as Women or not so I have no problem with them being so and not even in a 'tolerate' way - I just don't care. I've heard of societal issues that could potentially be cause by it (diminishing the place of biological Women), but I'm nowhere near intelligent or learned enough to get involved in that.

I'm coming at it from a purely sporting perspective and it just isn't fair.

As for Semenya and other Women affected by high testosterone, I think the IOC ran mad on that one too. If Semenya is demonstrably a biological Woman (I believe she is) and hasn't been supplementing her testosterone then for my money, she should be allowed to compete against other Women without reducing it. Why did the IOC go down this road? IIRC was it because there were malicious Jamie Lee Curtis style accusations?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a serious post?