User Tag List

Thread: Getting shit done

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting shit done

Is beyond painful. I've been dealing with the local council on an issue and they are seemingly doing everything in their power to avoid tackling the issue. I think Shinners & Offy picked up on this the other day, but you simply can't get the staff these days.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working from home has reduced efficiency massively. The world is effectively Spanish now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually fucks me off that you still get "due to Covid, expect delays to your response". You've had a year to get your staffing sorted, fix your life.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manc outing himself as a busy body complaining to the Council on a daily basis there.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Actually fucks me off that you still get "due to Covid, expect delays to your response". You've had a year to get your staffing sorted, fix your life.
    This. High street banks in the mortgage world are the absolute worst for it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    They need a more accurate response, really.

"due to us scaling staff back in the first wave - and not rehiring - expect delays to your response."

We're trying to get staff back in to deal with the phone queries. But they can't do it too much because they still have to operate covid secure.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm watching Netflix at the same time as working. Service levels may vary".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a council worker who now works from home, ehhh I’ve got 28 days to respond. Mark unread.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Is beyond painful. I've been dealing with the local council on an issue and they are seemingly doing everything in their power to avoid tackling the issue. I think Shinners & Offy picked up on this the other day, but you simply can't get the staff these days.

Discuss.
    Complaining on social media is the way to get stuff done. My brother had an issue with his internet and BT told him there was no possible way an engineer could come out to fix it any sooner than 2 weeks. I told him to moan at them on twitter about it and it got fixed the next day.