Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Out tomorrow!!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone wants a code for this on Xbox for £35, let me know.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is as fantastic as I remember. Been to see the council at the Citadel so it’s time to get cracking!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replayed some (all? Can't remember) of these recently enough that I won't be getting it yet but I inevitably will at some point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting on this as soon as I'm done with AC:Odyssey.

Which is admittedly looking like never.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only ever dipped my toe into 1 and not touched 2 and 3, so I will be on this.

Heard that it doesn't work with headphones though, is that true?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google suggests it was a problem with wireless headphones that has been fixed in the first patch.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Mike.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started this yesterday. It crashes a bit (but luckily is fairly quick to reload and auto-saves a lot), and while the scenery generally looks nice, the character animations still look quite dated. There's also something a little jittery with the cutscenes, like they flip the camera too quick between scenes which makes some of the video sequences seem a little rushed and some of the dialogue just a tad unnatural. Sheperd, a bit like the Inquisitor, is also a bit of a cardboard character so far, but I guess that's just Bioware to some extent.

Just heading out now into exploring the Galaxy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more crashes. Set the visual settings to lower, which may be it. Not sure there's much of a noticeable difference though. That said - I read that the crashing is wildly inconstent and can also randomly appear late game, but never seems to be game breaking from what I gather.

So far I've just completed Faros, as the 3rd of the first 3 missions you get. This game has some really nice concepts, but you can tell it's old. It's not showcasing the cool, intergalactic environments it hhas nearly enough, all planets feel a little barren (so far anyway) and everything is just a little sameish everywhere (for instance all alien species characters look exactly alike, save maybe for colour of the Wrex...). The Geth are a particularly uninspiring bunch of adversaries, and so fourth.

How the characters look when they ride elevators is hilarous. I can't tell if its meant to be some sort of joke or not.

The menu and tools systems are completely unintuitive, and it seems like a shame that you can't flip between controlling your squad to at least try some of the more flairful abilities out (right now this is basically a shooter with experience points for me, as Sheperd seems to natually become some sort of storm trooper however you build him.

Yet, while I keep finding things too complain about, it's still a very compelling game and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Battle may be quite simplistic, but it's still very fun. Pew pew and all that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The elevators is where they used to hide the loads. So there was a lot of banter whilst everyone rigidly stood in formation. And yeah, the planets all feel kind of dull unless there's an actual mission on them. Even in places like the Citadel, it's all implied scale rather than actually letting you loose on a big location.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'm basically at the endgame now. Fucked off from the Citadel after they tried to keep me grounded and off to hunt Saren & Sovereign. But making a pitstop doing the Asteroid X57 mission first.

I've only played for about 15h, so seems a really short campaign. Of course I only just played AC Odyssey which was the most dense game ever, so that probably influences.

I haven't really bothered much with exploration. I went to a planet or two looking around, but one had me chasing around monkeys that was impossible to find, the other killing a big sandwurm which was impossible to kill (too low level)... so I just sort of felt doing all that was a bit pointless.

I'm hoping ME2 is going to be a little more.... rich.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series, don't let the nerds who think questionable combat systems and dreadful sidequests make ME1 a purer RPG tell you otherwise.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine, stick a pin in that planet. See if I care.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series, don't let the nerds who think questionable combat systems and dreadful sidequests make ME1 a purer RPG tell you otherwise.

I don't even feel like there is a combat system. I just run around shooting things like in any other shooter and it works out fine. Barely ever use my abilities as they don't seem to do much (other than occasionally reviving squadmates).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Fine, stick a pin in that planet. See if I care.
    Assuming you're on about the awful planet-scanning, that's why you play on PC and use the insta-scan mod.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I bothered with abilities in any of them, pump skills into pistols (overpowered in pretty much every game in the series) and ARs and you're good to go. I put useful powers on teammates because they were ok at using them and bobbins at actually dealing useful damage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vanguard to do super shoulder barge attack followed up with a swift shotgun to the face.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Assault Rifles but am hoping I get to sort of remodel my character a bit in no 2.

Just arrived to Ilos now, but didn't have time to finish it all yesterday.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you can rebuild your abilities, etc. from scratch in 2.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, so basically I can shoot with a different weapon

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if memory serves in 2 and 3 you can use whatever weapons you like anyway. They'll be more of less effective based on your class but if you're a vanguard and want to use a sniper rifle for a bit you can do that I believe.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember right, 2 was a massive step up from 1.

I'm looking to get this, but waiting on the price to drop down.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, unless I have a burning desire to replay 1 I don't really see any benefit to me buying this over just replaying the copies I have. I've already got any DLC I want and I couldn't give less of a shit about it looking 10% shinier so long as it runs.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a couple of them but they never quite stuck with me. I mostly remember the shitty planet scanning little car thing in the first one and enjoying mooching about my ship