User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you be getting the vaccine?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm high risk/vulnerable.

1 2.86%
  • Yes, but not high risk/vulnerable.

28 80.00%
  • No, I see no reason to get it.

1 2.86%
  • No, I think Magic makes a lot of sense.

1 2.86%
  • Undecided.

4 11.43%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: COVID: Will you be getting the vaccine?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've maintained masks on the tube but no one on the train to Manchester wore one on Friday (including me, rebel!). Germany are pretty hot on it still so I'll enjoy the brief hiatus.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im happy to keep wearing them on public transport, in pharmacies and super markets.

I refuse to wear them outside unless I'm standing next to grots at the lights.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wont they think of all the facebook mums who want to stayed closed forever and ever...

Outlining the triggers on Monday – which will allow almost unrestricted domestic travel and home quarantine for international arrivals by December 17 at the latest, for people who have been fully vaccinated for at least two weeks – Treasurer Cameron Dick said Queensland had largely kept the virus out for almost 600 days.

“Those days will soon come to an end,” he told reporters in Brisbane. “This will be the end of zero-COVID for Queensland.”

It is a vast change from the mantra of protecting Queenslanders throughout the pandemic, which began to soften – and last week shifted to the need for people to protect themselves – as southern states moved to what has been dubbed a “living with COVID” approach experts had been awaiting.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...dp5T6uBBiluU5k

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to know how the tourist industry has been getting on 'living with covid'. By all reports Port was pretty busy early in the year, but I think a lot of that dried up when the states started preventing travel between them. Unless they're receiving unlimited government support many of those businesses must have gone to the wall.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QLD Labor have been borrowing money to help the tourist industry and others but I wouldnt have a clue about the details as it doesn't effect me.

This might help answer any questions.

"COVID-19 support for the tourism and hospitality sector | Business Queensland" https://www.business.qld.gov.au/indu.../covid-support
    Last edited by Queenslander; 19-10-2021 at 06:47 AM.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full-on masking here til Feb at least, though I think it would have stayed even if they hadn’t went back on ending all other restrictions today. Still no barstools til Feb either though

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really noticeable in Spain that everyone wears masks and voluntarily buys into it, even at a point of really low infections. Night and day compared to home. Completely different society.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It's really noticeable in Spain that everyone wears masks and voluntarily buys into it, even at a point of really low infections. Night and day compared to home. Completely different society.
    Was the same in Portugal. People were walking solo fully masked on empty streets, absurd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a pintxos place where (I'm not sure if this is standard practice with pintxos) you just take food off the bar and pay at the end by putting sticks in a pot to demonstrate how many you've had, this could never happen in Britain. We do not have the base togetherness. It's the same with covid stuff.

Probably a Catholic derivative.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Societal readings of this stuff have all fallen to bits since even we went full Nonce Nation for a while. Don't they just have stronger mask rules than us still in place?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, the fact that most of this country has stopped caring about it is pretty heroic (and arguably confirms the early SAGE thinking about lockdowns failing if the deaths are low enough), and the refusal to get all mental about vaccines like the Americans and French is something to be proud of.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer our approach (masks are largely theatre) but the difference in attitudes is palpable. No one here is going to mass events etc or travelling outside their area, even though they can. They are all wearing masks at their desks in offices. It's like Deepti's dreams.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we went Blitz spirit (tm) for the first wave. We're playing a different game to continental Europe, though. Testing twelve times as much and nowhere near Spain or Portugal's modest death numbers. Stupid hot bastards with their one season.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a pintxos place where (I'm not sure if this is standard practice with pintxos) you just take food off the bar and pay at the end by putting sticks in a pot to demonstrate how many you've had, this could never happen in Britain. We do not have the base togetherness. It's the same with covid stuff.

Many taquerias are like that in Mexico, but without the sticks. You just order your tacos, eat them on the sidewalk, and then go to the other side, tell the person in the register how many you ate, and pay. Some times the register lad will shout at the dude preparing the tacos to check. As if he can remember how many tacos each person ordered. My father would frequently underpay by one or two. I didn't have the balls.

EDIT: Covid precautions were never a thing in Mexico. People just didn't give a fuck.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we lived in a village we had a visit from my mum's friend and her dickhead son who lived in a city. Try as I might he could not get his head around the concept of the honesty box system the farmhand over the road ran to sell some eggs, veg, etc.

Just fifteen minutes of "Yeah but why would you pay if nobody's there?"

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might have cameras set up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only worn a mask twice in some time now.

The first was at Harry Potter Studio Tour and the second when I went to the dentist last week.

A lot of staff didn't give a shit at the Harry Potter thing though as I went inside passing various security people and ticket people who didn't say a thing. I then went to a desk to ask for something, they also didn't care but when I went to a second desk they said I was required to wear it. I kept pulling it down throughout though when not many people were close and no staff that walked past me said anything.

I'm probably going to Poland in 2 weeks and you have to wear it indoors which is a shitter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, honesty runs in their blood.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Aye, honesty runs in their blood.
    Doesn’t run in anyones any more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple that are friends with my parents have not been vaccinated as, according to them, many people they know have had thrombosis from it, which is obvious bullshit. The thing is, the guy is a dentist and he is going to have his license revoked if he doesn't get vaccinated soon. Their solution: "we are thinking of moving to another country".

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on. The Republic of Novakstan (that's a pun on no vax rather than our glorious world leading athlete and resident) will demonstrate what humanity can achieve without soft shites dragging it down.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sadly" the residents of Novakistan account for 98.8% of Covid deaths.

Bless 'em.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Novakstan. No need to let your innate racism enter the discussion.

Also that 1.2% figure is comically skewed given it is based on deaths from Jan-July during which the massive spike of deaths in Jan-Feb came at a time when <1% were 'fully vaccinated'. Would be interested to see actual sensible figures on this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Novakistan is a vastly superior name.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bizarre how retarded you are about this topic Taz.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you and your like's problem is more with how strongly triggered you get at the slightest hint of someone not automatically bowing at the altar of Pfizer and Co.

I'm very happy for you all to get jabbed all day everyday, crack on, even if it may become financially unfavourable for society, I couldn't care less. Just don't start your gay little cliques and start insulting people who still wish to have a choice on it. Your kind are actively against people having a choice.

Man tries to use shoddy af statistics and I'm simply here to point out the shortcomings of said argument. Get the accurate data and we'll review to find out the actual level of deaths of the vaccinated (it'll still support getting vaccinated no doubt so dw, your world won't come crumbling around you once you do). Unfortunately, that 1.2% study is spammed all over the google front pages by your lot which makes it a little more difficult.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just talk absolute shite which is the main issue I have. The accurate data on covid vaccinations and effectiveness is out there despite trying to speak like some mandem.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nstatusengland

I've had to do the work because you're all too busy throwing round personal insults to actually contribute to discussion.

Cutting out the first 13 weeks of the same data used to drive the 'ONLY 1.2% OF DEAD FULLY VAXXED' headlines [for reasons stated], arrives at:

The Novakstan Times ran with the more accurate 'TWO THIRDS OF DEAD VAXXED' fwiw.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have gone with "57% die after 2nd jab".

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe talkNovakstan ran with that, yes.