User Tag List

Thread: Fireworks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireworks

More threads etc.

What is your opinion on fireworks? When I was a kid it was just accepted they were excellent. Now in the age of social media more people moan about them than not. Our cat was terrified last bonfire night but I think that was from the amount of home displays due to covid, sounded like the blitz. The best fireworks display I ever saw was the end of a Will Smith gig at Blackpool, went on for about 15 minutes.

As much as I enjoyed that though I'm not too bothered about them these days, not necessarily up for banning them mind.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fireworks are shit.

I must have moaned about this before but there's some cut who lives near my parents house who lets of fireworks every time Rangers win. Even when it's light out and broad fucking daylight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am conflicted.

On the one hand, I spent a few years with a cunt neighbour that used to let off fireworks left, right and centre despite living on his own and having no friends. It was weird and I have strong suspicions that he's a nonce.

But on the other hand, the local Facebook page for where I live now is worse. Relentless moaning. Chuch bell practice on a Tuesday evening? The doctors is impossible to get through to! And... "WHO IS LETTING OFF FIREWORKS!!!!? MY CAT IS SHIVERING!!! SHE COULD DIE!!!"

So yeah, Fireworks are pointless bollocks that only dribbling spastics enjoy, but they do annoy all the right people. It's a score draw for me.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 22-10-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're shit.

However, I used to like them when my Dad would set them off. He knew a guy who would sell him fireworks that were only meant to be used at big displays and something would always seem to go wrong every single time.

The most memorable moment was when a rocket (which he used to put in a half buried glass milk bottle) decided to alter it's course and head towards the crowd of people who were situated behind the rocket. It somehow flew into a woman's cardigan which she just about managed to rip off and throw before it exploded.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The type you light in your backyard are shit. Proper big displays are ace. When I was in college there was some yearly celebration where a former student who now owned a firework company would always put on a massive show. Those are the best fireworks that I have seen. They were really up close and just top notch.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids enjoy them. So if it makes them happy, I'm happy.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some dickhead from my work is slipping them down from NI thinking he’s going to make a fortune as you aren’t allowed buy them here. If I had more concrete information on what days I’d phone it in.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're shit but the bigger displays can sometimes hold my interest for a few seconds.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the "event" as a child, but not necessarily the fireworks themselves.

Now they just frighten the cat and the kid so I don't like them, and certainly wouldn't choose to go and watch any.
    I'm a twit