User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should the football thread always have a poll?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

2 33.33%
  • Nah

0 0%
  • Don't care

0 0%
  • Open the clubs

4 66.67%
  • Turtle

0 0%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Football MARCHes on ('cause it's March)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football MARCHes on ('cause it's March)

Now that you've all recovered from the genius of that thread title it occurs to me that I don't think we did predictions or the mid-season report cards or anything (presumably because it's been the best year of our lives and we haven't had time) so let's do a condensed version of that.

GENERAL PREDICTIONS / THOUGHTS
    Will anybody stop City winning the league?
    Rest of the top four will be...
    The relegated clubs will be....
    Champions League winner:
    Wafer Cup winner:
    Will crowds be back this season?
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football?
    Any other thoughts / predictions?

YOUR TEAM
    My team is:
    Expectations at start of season:
    Expectations now:

Manager rating out of 5:
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why:

Team rating out of 5:
    Best result of the season:
    Best performance of the season:
    Worst result of the season:
    Worst performance of the season:

Overall player of the season so far:
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season:
    The worst player of the season:
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season:
    Any other comments:

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team is: Chelsea
    Expectations at start of season: That they would compete in 38 league games as well as in various cup competitions; winning some of them, losing others, and drawing others still
    Expectations now: Absolutely unchanged

Manager rating out of 5: 3 for Lampard, 4 for Tuchel
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: Yes, because I'd enjoy the power rush

Team rating out of 5: 3
    Best result of the season: 0-0 v Man Utd, which I think has happened about 7 times. It's important never to lose ground to them in the race for top three soccer.
    Best performance of the season: 1-0 win last week over the Liza Minnelli muff diving XI, ft. a seething Diego Godin
    Worst result of the season: The 7-1 defeat to Arsenal was a crushing blow, particularly as four of their goals were so morally excellent that the mainstream media couldn't even capture them on camera, so it's down as 3-1 in official records
    Worst performance of the season: Probably me writing this post

Overall player of the season so far: Mason Mount
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Mason Mount, owing to his crashing winner in the West London Derby, football's most fiery grudge clash. I've had 'bragging rights' over all my Fulham fan friends ever since, and indeed for the full 32 years of my life
    The worst player of the season: It's a close race between Kepa, for being so bad that we decided to panic-buy Edouard Mendy, and Edouard Mendy, for being so bad that we are probably thinking quite seriously about bringing Kepa back into the lineup.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Tammy Abraham because he can't run or kick properly. He can do a lot of football things pretty well - flick-ons, shouting, that sort of thing - but he can't run or kick. Also Timo Werner and Kai Havertz, who I can only assume took advantage of a 2-for-1 special offer on the Operation. Werner's fantastically Aryan limbs no longer work in harmony, while Havertz still appears to be under the effect of the anaesthetic.
    Any other comments: Football has lost its meaning to me. I hope it comes back with the fans. We're more solid since Lampard left, for sure, but I don't care, because the prospective journey is so anodyne. I'd almost rather have seen him drag us down the table over the next three years ending in a comedic relegation battle with Ipswich, or something, it would be more entertaining than the constant search for tactical shape which is modern football. Attendance: 0

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My answers to get the ball rolling:

Will anybody stop City winning the league? Nah
    Rest of the top four will be... Liverpool, United..... Chelsea? I think United will hang on to top four and the other spot could really be either Chelsea or Leicester but I reckon Chelsea might sneak ahead of them.
    The relegated clubs will be.... Sheffield United, West Brom, Brighton
    Champions League winner: I have an unpleasant feeling Pep might not fuck it up this time.
    Wafer Cup winner: AC Milan once 98-year old Zlatan has bummed Maguire and Lindelof in the next round.
    Will crowds be back this season? Nah.
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? Not really. Even aside from watching United largely being like rubbing onions on your eyes (being in second place while invariably being no fun to watch is some going.) And I find it hard to get into any other games when I have them on because football without crowds is just a waste of everybody's time.
    Any other thoughts / predictions? Nothing outlandish, though I think there are probably more VAR changes coming because the bizarre decisions just aren't going away.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Manchester United
    Expectations at start of season: Low. I suppose I'd have set the bar as European qualification.
    Expectations now: It'd be stupid if we chucked top four at this point, but then I thought it'd be stupid if we shitted our way out of the Champions League after those first two group games.

Manager rating out of 5: Like...3?
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: Not out of hand but if there was an obvious replacement I'd make the switch. He's not the biggest problem at the club but by the same token it feels like every bad performance and bad result are down to the exact same things and he just never learns. I struggle to see us sustaining a challenge for any trophies anyone cares about with him in charge, but then the same might just be said for Woodward.

Best result of the season: Probably that win against PSG, really set us up for the group before we fucked it and looked like Solskjaer still had a solid method for beating big teams before all the draws set in from then on. Honourable mention to the 9-0 just because of the score.
    Best performance of the season: The 5-0 against Julian Nagelsmann's jacket was good.
    Worst result of the season: Losing to Team Rafael and that fucking goal Demba Ba scored when a win against a not very good team would have put is in good stead to see out the group was grim.
    Worst performance of the season: Getting bent over by Tottenham.

Overall player of the season so far: Fernandes, obviously.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Also Fernandes.
    The worst player of the season: A few to choose from but it really has to come down to one of Maguire or Lindelof for me. They both just get constantly bullied and do stupid shit and I think Maguire's heading might be what Ant claimed Vidic's was.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: As you might guess given what I named this bit, Anthony Martial. He's sort of become a parody of his early flaws. Looks entirely disinterested most of the time and isn't even doing the bare minimum. You see Cavani's movement and it's night and day. Martial mooches about, doesn't look for space, if he does get the ball just wants to try the same cut inside every time and barely even has the flashes of brilliance now. If United can con somebody into giving them a load of money for him then they should. Rashford hasn't had many good performances either I don't think but he is at least still scoring goals whereas Martial barely contributes.
    Any other comments: There is some obvious shit in the team but I do wonder if a manager who had more of a plan than "pick the same 11 players every time and hope Fernandes chips in with a GOAL CONTRIBUTION" might get more out of a number of them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will crowds be back this season? Yes.
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? Fuck no.
    Any other thoughts / predictions? A few more clubs lower down the pyramid will go bust.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Swindon Town
    Expectations at start of season: Mid table.
    Expectations now:We might, just might, avoid relegation. Currently top of the 7-team mini league at the bottom, although Burton have just hit some cracking form.

Manager rating out of 5: John Sheridan - 0.5. Actively made the team worse and isolated key senior players. Old-school bully.
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: No - only on a contract to the end of the season, 7 points from the previous 9 suggests some sort of form which might be enough to keep us up. Looking for a hungry young manager for next season though.

Team rating out of 5: 2. They're not a bad squad of players, they've just been horribly mismanaged.
    Best result of the season: 3-2 against Ipswich on the telly, although it did bring a sense of foreboding as we've been here before. Beating Oxford in the last minute was pretty sweet though.
    Worst result of the season: 4-1 home loss to MK Dons was pretty horrific.

Overall player of the season so far: Dion Conroy.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Scott Twine. Has a habit of pulling out a belter in games where we need it.
    The worst player of the season: Taylor Curran. Allegedly only here as his Dad is paying his wages. Not League One standard.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Any of the perenially-injured troupe - Zeki Fryers, Jordan Lyden, Mathieu Baudry, Anthony Grant...
    Any other comments:[/QUOTE] Richie Wellens can do one.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? N
    Rest of the top four will be... United, Chelsea, Leicester
    The relegated clubs will be.... Sheffield United, West Brom, Newcastle
    Champions League winner: City
    Wafer Cup winner: An English team
    Will crowds be back this season? Sure
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? I'm pretty numb to it at this stage. I feel like for the last six months my life has been scrolling my phone while BPL football plays in the background

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Brighton
    Expectations at start of season: 10th ish?
    Expectations now: 16th ish?

Manager rating out of 5: 4
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: I'm not really sure what more he can do.

Team rating out of 5: 2.5
    Best result of the season: Any of the ones that resulted in three points being gained
    Best performance of the season: The Leeds one last month? Basically any game against the top 4
    Worst result of the season: Pick from any of the games that involved losing/drawing in mind boggling circumstances.
    Worst performance of the season: Probably the recent draw against Burnley

Overall player of the season so far: Yves Bissouma is a colossus. March and Webster have also been brilliant and severely missed lately.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Lol. Lamptey for merking every renowned left back in the league perhaps.
    The worst player of the season: I'm not sure who decided to remove Dan Burn from League One but it's not really working out.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Anyone who has stepped foot in the opposing penalty area.
    Any other comments: It'll turn, it always turns. It'll turn, it'll turn, it'll turn.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, Burn has had some great games. MotM v Liverpool. Against Wolves he was a calamity but a good season overall, imo.

Will anybody stop City winning the league? No
    Rest of the top four will be... Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool
    The relegated clubs will be.... Sheffield United, West Brom, Fulham
    Champions League winner: PSG
    Wafer Cup winner: United are probably the best team in it, but they have Milan who are maybe the second best? So I'll say Arsenal.
    Will crowds be back this season? Yessir
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? Much less, of course, but there have been some good games. Many games I look forward to and then feel completely unaffected by. No crowds has almost killed it. The Champions League's quality means it's less ruined by the lack of atmosphere, and I've found it does still often feel like a big occasion.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Brighton and Hove Albion
    Expectations at start of season: 11th. Always naively optimistic in pre-season, that's what it's for.
    Expectations now: 16th

Manager rating out of 5: 3
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: No, he's quite good and Pep Guardiola isn't available. Potter took an age to realise that maybe a somewhat settled team would pay dividends (think it was January when he finally named an unchanged XI); on the other hand he gets us playing entertainingly and, despite the often hopeless finishing, a possession-based team is more fun if results are equal.

Best result of the season: 1-0 v Liverpool
    Best performance of the season: 1-0 v Liverpool; shoutout to 2-3 v Man United
    Worst result of the season: 1-2 v Palace, 0-1 v West Brom
    Worst performance of the season: 0-0 v Fulham (which has apparently happened twice, I mean the second time.)

Overall player of the season so far: Dunk; perhaps would have been Lamptey if not for his injury
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Well we haven't been good against Palace, Fulham, Burnley or West Brom and I suppose they are the big games for us. I'll give it to Dunk for getting the equaliser v Wolves, which saved a bad run from being very bad.
    The worst player of the season: Ryan.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Connolly for missing open goals.
    Any other comments: It'd be interesting to know if 30 minutes extra shooting practice a week would help us, and if that would be an increase of 1000%.
    Last edited by Reg; 01-03-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this guys channel.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? No
    Rest of the top four will be... United, Chelsea and Liverpool
    The relegated clubs will be.... Newcastle, West Brom and Sheffield United
    Champions League winner: City
    Wafer Cup winner: Erm...United
    Will crowds be back this season? No. Think it lines up for the last game. They'll just leave it until next year.
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? Villa are half decent for the first time in 10 years, so yes.
    Any other thoughts / predictions? Nah. Too much thinking.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: THE Villa
    Expectations at start of season: 10th-15th
    Expectations now: Top 8

If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: No way

Team rating out of 5: 4
    Best result of the season: 7-2 Vs Liverpool, before they were shit and ravaged by injuries.
    Best performance of the season: Has to be that as well.
    Worst result of the season: 0-3 at home to Leeds, 1-2 at home to Brighton and 1-3 at home to West Ham
    Worst performance of the season: Probably 0-0 away to Brighton. Really should've lost.

Overall player of the season so far: More difficult than some would have you believe. It's Grealish, but tempted to give it to Ollie Watkins.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Ezri Konsa
    The worst player of the season: Erm, tough. Barkley maybe. He's not been bad, but under performed and not as good as expected.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Trezeguet. Grafter, but not good enough.
    Any other comments: There's barely a player I can say a bad word against, which is such a long way away from all the pisstakers and has beens we've had on the books over the past decade. Really refreshing and I love it. Hope we can push on next season.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be a diff thread then the general football thread imo. But seeing as we're here.

Barca president has been arrested. That's two in a row now. Mes que un club.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F365 pulling out a MEGA STAT in their winners and losers:

"One of the more ridiculous Premier League runs in over. Stretching back to February 2016, Aston Villa had started 16 top-flight matches without Jack Grealish in the team. Their record without him was truly appalling: Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 15. The curse is broken."

Four games since we came up. Leeds, which we won. Leicester last week and Liverpool and (I think) City last season. Most of it taken from 2015/16 when we won 3 games all season and he was 12. Fuck. Off.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F365 are such absolute wank now. They started the media revolution but think they’re still the spearhead of it. They openly acknowledge their social media is made to annoy people into clicking.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That match was fucking terrible.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pirelli are cutting their sponsor to inter. A 26 year partnership. Which for me, this is one of my earliest football memories. It was R9 in a Inter shirt with Pirelli on the front.

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 02-03-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can almost hear his knee snapping.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saint-Maximin and Almiron out until April. Make that Newcastle to join Sheff Utd and West Brom.

They'll probably beat us 3-0 in a few weeks with Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle up front.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, combined with their fixture schedule, they're down. 2.75 on Bet365 too. Fulham's development as the go-to BLM outfit will be a welcome addition to the prem next season unless someone signs their ginger lad in midfield or the other white guy in defence and it all falls apart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? nope
    Rest of the top four will be... Man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester City
    The relegated clubs will be.... Sheff Utd, West Brom, Newcastle
    Champions League winner: PSG
    Wafer Cup winner: Man Utd
    Will crowds be back this season? partly
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? Yes although more as a distraction than an active thing. Us being good helps also.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Leicester City
    Expectations at start of season: Top 7 and decent run in all 3 cups.
    Expectations now: cling on to top 4 with our fingernails.

If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: no

Team rating out of 5: 4
    Best result of the season: 5-2 away to Man City.
    Best performance of the season: probably above but 2-0 at home to Chelsea a more impressive all round dominant display rather than an old school counter attack.
    Worst result of the season: 0-2 home to Slavia Praha
    Worst performance of the season: 0-3 at anfield. We were flying and they weren’t and we didn’t turn up at all.

Overall player of the season so far: Youri Tielemans
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Wilfred Ndidi
    The worst player of the season: Ayoze Perez
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Maddison aside from the two months before his recent injury was so inconsistent but really found a nice run of form. Schmeichel is good but he still retains an inabiltly to dominate from set pieces which is a big weakness for us.
    Any other comments:[/QUOTE]
    If we blow it this time I don’t think it’ll be a bottle job. We are just running out of steam and bodies. Need at least one of Maddison or Barnes back soon and Vardy to find his scoring touch otherwise it will be another promising if ultimately disappointing campaign. Another decent chance to win a maiden FA cup but almost don’t want to if I can’t walk up Wembley way. I’m sure I won’t have that dilemma as well lose meekly to United.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? lol no
    Rest of the top four will be... United, Leicester and Liverpool
    The relegated clubs will be....Newcastle, West Brom, THE MIGHTY BLADES
    Champions League winner: City. It's been looming for a while, hopefully PSG or Bayern stop them.
    Wafer Cup winner: United should walk it.
    Will crowds be back this season? Yes, for 1 or 2 games.
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football?Not at all. Results aside it just feels like you're watching one of those behind closed doors friendlies teams set up to trial a player/prepare for a big final
    Any other thoughts / predictions? A referee to be assaulted or something similar after one terrible decision too many.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Liverpool
    Expectations at start of season: Win it again.
    Expectations now:Top 4 should still be made.

Manager rating out of 5:4.
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: lol no. He's been dealt a shitty hand this year, both on and off the field. Losing the best player in the league for the season along with all of his backups thereafter. Then your big marquee signing being out for 4 months straight away didn't help either. It still wasn't even going that badly until we hit the new year.
    Loses a mark as he never really tried anything new.

Team rating out of 5: 2
    Best result of the season: Either 7-0 at Palace or 5-0 at Atalanta.
    Best performance of the season: 5-0 Atalanta. Palace game felt like it wasn't quite a 7-0.
    Worst result of the season: 7-2 to Villa or 1-4 City. The former was everyone bar Alisson fit, but the latter pretty much condemned the season.
    Worst performance of the season: Probably Everton last week. Never even looked like winning it at any point.

Overall player of the season so far: Salah. Still playing at a high level despite his forward partners taking the season off. Fabinho has stepped in very well to the CB role too.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: As above.
    The worst player of the season: There's a list full of potential here. But Firmino seems to have dropped down a level to the point where I reckon he hits the bench when Jota returns.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Origi. Sending him on now is live waving the white flag. He hasn't done a thing after coming on in quite some time.
    Any other comments: Curtis Jones emerging has been good to see.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? Nope.
    Rest of the top four will be... United, Liverpool, Chelsea
    The relegated clubs will be.... Sheff United, Fulham, West Brom
    Champions League winner: Man City
    Wafer Cup winner: Seville (even if they're not in it)
    Will crowds be back this season? Yes.
    Have you enjoyed this season / lockdown football? It's shite. Half of the fun of football is actually going and having a day of it. This has just been mindless drudgery.
    Any other thoughts / predictions? Liverpool will have a premier league celebration parade despite relenting the title to City once the fans are back.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Man U
    Expectations at start of season: Top 4
    Expectations now: Top 4

If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: No. It can't be understated how much we were in the doldrums post Fergie. I think there was some stat about the lack of hattricks and games since we win by 4 or 5 goals. It was long. He's done a great job turning us from a pretty hateful bunch to one that looks at least able to compete on a regular basis. The overhaul has been impressive.

Best result of the season: The PSG result was great or Southampton.
    Best performance of the season: PSG - Tuanzebe. Wow.
    Worst result of the season: Either of the 0-0s v Chelsea.
    Worst performance of the season: Arsenal - both.

Overall player of the season so far: Bruno or Luke (what!)
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: I think this needs to be renamed into the Bruno award tbfh.
    The worst player of the season: Martial.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: Oh. Martial again please.
    Any other comments: Martial is a terrible player.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Saint-Maximin and Almiron out until April. Make that Newcastle to join Sheff Utd and West Brom.

They'll probably beat us 3-0 in a few weeks with Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle up front.
    Aye, we're done for. The injury list (covid included) has made the season feel positively cursed for us.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anybody stop City winning the league? No.
    Rest of the top four will be... United, Leicester, and Liverpool.
    The relegated clubs will be.... Hopefully Brighton.
    Champions League winner: Bayern Munich.
    Wafer Cup winner: United.
    Will crowds be back this season? I don't know when the season ends, so possibly.
    Have you enjoyed this season/lockdown football? No.
    Any other thoughts/predictions? England will be shit at the Euros.

YOUR TEAM
    My team is: Manchester United.
    Expectations at start of season: I seem to remember saying the target was at least eighty points.
    Expectations now: They should get second quite comfortably and they really need to win a cup.

Manager rating out of 5: 3.5
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No) and why: I would not sack him at the moment because I think he has the right ideas and his signings have been decent; but he is not the man to win them the league, so at some point they will need to replace him, and they might as well do it before the wheels completely fall off and set them back a year. Who you replace him with I don't know.

Team rating out of 5: 3.5
    Best result of the season: I don't know, but the late winner at Southampton was the best pop thus far.
    Best performance of the season: Everton away was a genuinely good performance.
    Worst result of the season: One of the European embarrassments.
    Worst performance of the season: As above.

Overall player of the season so far: Nuno Nernandes, followed by Scott McTominay and Fred.
    The Didier Drogba Award for big game player of the season: Scott McTominay.
    The worst player of the season: Anthony Martial is the only player who has been genuinely shit.
    The Tony M Award for most infuriating player of the season: As above.
    Any other comments:[/QUOTE] Dave Gayer is done. He has 'lost a yard of pace' but on his reflexes, like when Iker Casillas started to slide at about the same age, and there is no coming back from it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some facebook comment pleb rated Luke Shaw above Kieran Tierney, that's bollocks surely.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Best performance of the season: 1-0 win last week over the Liza Minnelli muff diving XI, ft. a seething Diego Godin
    Just researched on this and it seems that Diego Godin hasn't played there for two years. I'm 100% certain he was on the pitch against us (I watched it with the sound off which probably didn't help).

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Some facebook comment pleb rated Luke Shaw above Kieran Tierney, that's bollocks surely.
    Luke Shaw has been outstanding this season. I'd written him off as a fat waste of space, but he's been one of our best players.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been good though, far be it from me to question OGB's incredible grasp of tactics, I don't think he's "plan B if Fernandes is shit" good.

EDIT: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56243781

"Goal involvements."
    Last edited by Ian; 03-03-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is mainstream football analysis still so insistent on failing to isolate the contribution of the chance creator from whether or not that chance was ultimately finished? 'Assist', 'Goal contribution', 'Goal involvement' all make the same bollocks error.

It's maddening and there seems to be no end in sight.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portugal's front-line pipeline is filth. Jota, Neto and Felix with Silva in backup. Hopefully Ronaldo loses his spot before he can break Daei's record.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luke Shaw's improvement/performances have been over-stated. He's finally running forward with a bit of purpose, his crossing is much better, and Marcus Rashford is better with him providing a left-footed outlet; but he's still a ball-watcher who can be lazy getting back and doesn't even attempt to defend crosses (like Harry Maguire, his best games are where he only has to cover ten yards and can't get rinsed out of position). He's probably just about good enough for where they want to be, which might be an achievement in itself, but people have got carried away with it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's because he was written off by most as a fat lazy shit. He's become much better going forward, even if he's still suspect defensively every now and then.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everything you said is absolutely fair Lewis, he's improved massively but still not world beating. He's still not getting past the winger enough and that's due to his fitness or footballing desire. He's still a million times better than AWB.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Wan-Bissaka no good or is he just no good going forward?

The only thing I ever hear about him is various folk on here bleating on about his slide tackling.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beauty in the likes of AWB and Maguire is their age. They're lumbered with having to involve them for years to come which guarantees they'll never do shit as a club in said period

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Is Wan-Bissaka no good or is he just no good going forward?

The only thing I ever hear about him is various folk on here bleating on about his slide tackling.
    He's brilliant at tackling in a 1 on 1 situation, but that's about it, and it masks a lot of his deficiencies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's gone to the same school as Fred and Chris Smalling for how to kick a football. He's alright but he is never going to be a world standard full back.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he would look a lot better with a proper right-sided attacker in front of him. Whoever plays there tends to come deep/inside too much and completely exposes his attacking shitness by leaving him a load of time and space to flail around in. If he could just run overlaps and float the odd cross in, like Shaw now gets to when Rashford plays, he would be a serviceable attacking outlet. He's fine defensively. He sometimes loses his bearings a bit further up, but that might change if he wasn't minding that space and/or covering Victor Lindelof.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich-Brentford top of the table clash at 5.30pm today promises much.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Aye, we're done for. The injury list (covid included) has made the season feel positively cursed for us.
    Potential for heartbreak too of course, but the final day v Fulham could be joyous if it came down to that and you won. At least that's away from home - Jebus, that'd be too much for a first game back for the fans.

(Meanwhile we have the stress-free final two games of Man City and Arsenal. Wrapped up by then please.)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commentators have been absolutely GAGGING for Barkley in this game.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Norwich-Brentford top of the table clash at 5.30pm today promises much.
    Absolute poison. Norwich are coming up as champions though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oli Burke is incredible.

You could see him shitting himself when he was trying to take on Mings there.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    F365 pulling out a MEGA STAT in their winners and losers:

"One of the more ridiculous Premier League runs in over. Stretching back to February 2016, Aston Villa had started 16 top-flight matches without Jack Grealish in the team. Their record without him was truly appalling: Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 15. The curse is broken."

Four games since we came up. Leeds, which we won. Leicester last week and Liverpool and (I think) City last season. Most of it taken from 2015/16 when we won 3 games all season and he was 12. Fuck. Off.
    Shouldn't have dismissed a curse, mate.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is glorious. A grand at best?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United need to secure a saffron sponsor.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    That is glorious. A grand at best?
    It's an FFP scam. The company is owned by Robson Kanu.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nemanja Matic is a waste of a shirt in these sort of games. There is nothing to sweep up, so he's just twenty yards behind the play doing nothing.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grealish must be up there with VVD, Zaha and Jimenez in terms of influence and impact on their respective teams. Kane, Phillips and Lamptey in the next tier.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the worst games I've seen (3 in 3).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mellin brought this type of result on himself by getting a bit too big for his britches. That post saying he couldn't see Spurs or Arsenal catching up was death.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically every game at the moment is terrible. They all need six months off.