This is a fact that DCL himself doesn’t shy away from, often attending events with his partner, yet hasn’t felt the need to formally announce it to the world - because why should he?

I know we’ve see names idly thrown around, such as Kyle Walker-Peters and James Maddison but there’s nothing substantial in it, and we’ve touched on the subject before but I figured a thread might be more productive.

I’d be interested to hear the thoughts of our homosexual member(s) of The Third Half, and their opinions on whether people feel football needs someone to be the spearhead in tackling homophobia within football, and could (there’s no should about it) Dominic Calvert Lewin be the man to get things recognised on another level.

2020 saw a massive impact to the beautiful game from a lot of things, least of all covid, including Black Lives Matter. Has this helped from an anti-racism perspective at all? It’s not for me to say, but people sure seem more aware of the cause and I’m yet to encounter anyone who has a problem with the kneeling before a game.

And I know Hitzlsperger came out when he retired but, realistically, have only 10 gay men ever played professional football? I really don’t think so. The stigma is still very real in this male dominated world, and it absolutely needs to be addressed.