User Tag List

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2021

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'm currently finding it impossible to get rid of Andros Townsend and Max Meyer despite being willing to take half their value and Dann and Benteke can't be given away. Take that how you will.
    So, every FM for at least a decade then? Admittedly I've not played in the last few years but I can't remember the last version I did where it was easy to actively sell players for a reasonable price, even decent ones. The CPU will, of course, throw money at each other for any old tat.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all re. the transfers. Yeah, I’ve always found it hard to sell when other teams know you want rid. Have got some very good offers on 19 when I haven’t actively been looking to sell, though.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Has to be Wrexham now they have new owners
    Aye. That's who I chose. I deactivated the first transfer window so no one has been brought in as of yet and I'm a few weeks away from getting my first youth intake so I'm not too sure to do a YDWAWK one or just see how far I can take them.

It's going to take a collapse to not reach the playoffs at least. We made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup too but Crystal Palace knocked us out 2-0. We'd dumped Sunderland out in the 3rd round however in some emphatic style.

Should have the whole season done in the next day or so. It's not so easy to rattle out the seasons as of yet but it'll come.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZRcjkRKbLE

Ignore the cringy American-ness but a group of people managed to get the GAN stuff working flawlessly for newgen faces. This is literally what will make me buy an FM for the first time in 5 years

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bonkers that SI didn't spot the potential of this and do it first. Such a great use of this kind of tech.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zealand is actually pretty good as an FM Youtuber.

Is Brexit as bad as everyone says on this version?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Zealand is actually pretty good as an FM Youtuber.

I was just about to say the same. Zealand is a decent Youtuber, and definitely better than the UK guys who just do shitty Experiment videos this time of year.
    Last edited by John Arne; 25-11-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a load of his videos while playing FM19 earlier in the year and trying not to be shit. It's all great stuff until he starts commentating on games in a British accent, although even that is lol in its own way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah his commentary is a bit dodgy but he is apparently trying to make a career of it, not using that accent, so good luck to him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually I think Brits shitting on Americans comes from a latent feeling of inferiority, but this guy is really unbearable. He would be good if he stopped trying to be funny and whimsical

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It comes from a place of being reserved / emotionally crippled. Americans are the opposite and seem completely over the top and insincere as a result. It's just a culture clash.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I was just about to say the same. Zealand is a decent Youtuber, and definitely better than the UK guys who just do shitty Experiment videos this time of year.
    Yeah that golden fm guy seems like a nice bloke and had decent ideas but for someone who has clearly played for years he's borderline incompetent at the game at times. I could live without him doing yet another team of Ronaldos vs a team of messis etc.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Zealand fan here.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had five goals disallowed in one match, lost 4-3. Lovely.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just turn it off with a file.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also in real life

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrexham - 2020/2021

League

The media predicted a 16th place finish but as is often the case, they were wrong as we topped the table at the turn of the year and never once relinquished our position. We were were seven points clear of 2nd place at one stage yet a combination of injuries and a few daft defeats saw us go into the final day of the season still needing a draw to guarantee the title.

We never got it as we succumbed to a 4-2 defeat at home to Torquay, our 3rd defeat in our final five matches but thankfully (and perhaps rather deservedly) Hartlepool were held to a 1-1 draw so we claimed the title regardless. Hartlepool themselves only got back in it by being one of those three defeats as they took all three points a few weeks earlier in a 5-4 loss.

We had a few high scoring games during the season but none more so than the 8-5 win against Bromley. Leading 5-3 at half time, we found ourselves level with 7" minutes to play...a late flurry handing us the win.

Domestic Cups

FA Cup

Always a fan of some cup magic, we knocked Bradford PA out in the qualifying rounds with a 1-0 win in extra time to set up a first round encounter with Aldershot Town. Another 1-0 win followed leading us to a second round tie against Scunthorpe. Although we took a 2-0 lead we were again level as we heading into extra time but up stepped Adi Yussuf our Tanzanian winger to steal the win and set up a potential money spinning 3rd round appearance.

No Premier League outfit but a former one at least as we drew League One side Sunderland and the magic of the FA Cup was about to spark into life. 0-0 at half time in a closely fought game at The Racecourse Ground, we were holding our own before The Mackem's took the lead through C.Maguire from the penalty spot. Not to be downhearted we responded almost immediately as our top scorer Jordan Ponticelli levelled the score line. 46 goals in 54 appearances for the forward, 38 of which arrived in the league as he showed his quality throughout the season and throughout this match itself as he grabbed a second not long after putting us 2-1 up. Sunderland hit back through L. O'Nien. The scoring wasn't done though as Sanderson put in his own net to give us a 3-2 lead with just five minutes to go....five very long minutes...followed by another five minutes stoppage time and it was in the final seconds of that, that Sunderland once again levelled the scores. Maguire's shot coming off the post hitting our goalkeepers Lainton's back and ensuring extra time would be needed. 3-3.

Power struck first for Sunderland 3-4, Ponticelli grabbed his third, 4-4 and then Thomas scored a worldy with four minutes to spare! 5-4! Giant killing?! Not quite as one minute to go saw Power again level for Sunderland to take it to a penalty shoot out.

But we won that, 4-2.

This set up a fourth round tie against Crystal Palace, again at The Racecourse Ground but that was where our involvement ended as we were dispatched 2-0 in relatively easy fashion.

FA Trophy

We dumped Stalybridge Celtic out with a whopping 8-0 win to set up a fourth round tie against Barnet, extra time was needed but a 4-3 win eventually proved enough. Bromley came up in the 5th round and again we made hard work for ourselves but proved victorious by 3 goals to 2 thus setting up a quarter final encounter with Yeovil Town. I expected a little more from them but our 3-1 success was a doddle and could have been a lot more. Silverware en route? Not quite. Stockport County knocked us out of the semi finals 2-1 thus rendering the entire experience pointless.

Next Season

We're going to have to delve into market for the first time but I want to do so by bringing in youngsters as YDWAWK isn't really up my street on this particular save and I want top flight football sooner rather than later so I anticipate an overhaul of the squad, bringing in quality where we were lacking and generally tidying up the club as a whole as I didn't really pay much attention to anything other than the next match during this first season. Not much point going too deep with these updates until we're a little more settled, really.

We had our youth intake which was as you'd expect at this level but I signed them all to contracts regardless. We made £1.6M profit throughout the season so we have a little bit of leeway moving into League Two however it's me and I'm rather prodigal when it comes to virtual funds so if I have to spend in order to succeed then so be it.

Side note. I quite like the end of season stuff on this. I just don't like the fact you get it all before the playoffs have even finished.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a game with England U19's last night and I don't get how I'm meant to do it. How do you get knowledge about the players in your national pool? I can't hire scouts. There are scouting responsibilities in place for my assistant manager and coaches but they don't seem to be returning a whole lot of info. I'm a year in and my national pool has star ratings for about 4 players. 2 of which have already been capped at higher levels.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I started a game with England U19's last night and I don't get how I'm meant to do it. How do you get knowledge about the players in your national pool? I can't hire scouts. There are scouting responsibilities in place for my assistant manager and coaches but they don't seem to be returning a whole lot of info. I'm a year in and my national pool has star ratings for about 4 players. 2 of which have already been capped at higher levels.
    For international management, the key in FM20 was to go to the player search and just filter players eligible for England, then highlight them all and add them all to your National Pool. You can then edit the National Pool view to include 'Ability', 'Potential', 'Squad' (current England squad (main/U21/U19 etc).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Thai (Thigh) researcher got a little carried away...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You play FM in foreign?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    You play FM in foreign?
    No . Stolen from elsewhere.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Wrexham - 2021/2022

League

We were expected to finish rock bottom if the media were to be believed but it's long been broken and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily we adjusted and we never dropped from top spot from the end of January. In fact the lowest we'd been all season was 4th on the opening day of the season.

No doubt we were helped by two of our three strikers.

Jordan Ponticelli grabbing 28 league goals, 32 overall in 39(2) appearances which was the same as his new striker partner scored overall to too albeit he'd played more games.

Aramide Oteh was released by QPR at the end of the season and some suggested it was a pointless signing given he'd spent that season on loan to Stevenage also of League Two and mustered a grand total of no goals but he returned with vengeance and gave the entire division a bit of a kicking.

Other Transfers.

Kallum Cesay - Released by Tottenham he was a regular and at 19 looks more than capable of doing the business in League One.

Max Robson - Released by Tottenham and although he was a regular starter, he only managed the one goal.

Ramarni Medford-Smith - Released by Reading but ultimately a bit part player.

Regan Booty - Released by Notts County and started off well enough but a decent option coming off the bench.

Mohammed Sangare - Released by Newcastle and generally useless considering he's an international player for Liberia.

Jake Cain (Liverpool), Jay Stansfield (Fulham) and in the January window Josh Thomas (Swansea) - All loaned although Jurgen Klopp wasn't too happy I wasn't playing Cain where he wanted him to play so texted me moaning, we agreed he'd go back to Anfield and because I'm bitter like that, I cancelled the clubs affiliation with Liverpool.

FA Cup

No magic this time round as we conceded in the final seconds to be dumped out by Coventry City.

Carabao Cup

Same as above really as Blackpool done us over on penalties although we were fortunate to have even got that far as it was a late flurry that gave us any hope at all.

EFL Trophy

Well, it is what it is, isn't it.

Next Season

We're going to raid the Premier League clubs for more released players I'd imagine and tidy up the club which was something we failed to do as expected last year but with a few additions I think we'll be more than competitive in League One and succeed in getting to the Championship relatively quickly. We need to for the finances as although we have £2.4M in the bank, we made a loss of £1.3M in the final month of the season owed most in part to upgrading youth facilities which will be completed by the end of the upcoming season. We only made a £200,000 loss all season according to the summary though so that's not too bad given my form.

Bed time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Donnaruma coming in on a free in the summer.

Challenge will be trying to foist Dave Gayer off one someone.

Juventus' centre back situation is ridiculous, Demiral and De Ligt are the two best young centre backs in the game. I've already had Demiral off them, will be going back for De Ligt this summer.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing the way to make a quick sub really is stupid. It's so weird to select an outfield player, without seeing your subs quickly. I now don't use it at all - and just end up going to the main tactic screen.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Wrexham 2022/2023

League

A third successive promotion and into the Championship we go although it was a little gutting to miss out on the title itself but given we never returned to the top after being knocked off it on 2nd February, we can't complain too much. Our last game of the season saw ourselves face Fleetwood and if we avoided defeat we'd go up automatically so the 3-0 win was welcome.

Some big wins throughout the campaign, 5-1 against Wigan, 5-3 against Ipswich, 5-4 again Charlton and an absolute joke of a match in beating Preston 7-5, all away from home but our 10-4 win at home to Doncaster really took the biscuit. A hattrick of hattricks though....

Our total of 115 league goals was a record but we also had the worst defensive record in the league....madness.

Such an outlay in goals meant it was no surprise that we had at least one of the leagues top scorers, as it is though, we had the top three.

Promotion is promotion though.

FA Cup

We knocked out Colchester 6-2 in the first round and followed that up with home wins against Hartlepool (4-1) and MK Dons (1-0) so to reach the fourth round I had hoped for a money spinning draw but instead it turned out to be a bit of a north v south encounter as we were knocked out by Cardiff of all teams.

EFL Cup

Scraped through the first round against Accrington Stanley on penalties after a 2-2 draw, Port Vale were seen off in the second but Premier League side Wolves showed their quality in the third and sent us packing.

EFL Trophy

We actually faced the Wolves U23's in the group stage but were undone 3-2 but we did enough to qualify from it after wins against Bradford City and Grimsby Town. Leeds United U23's came in the second round and we dispatched them 3-0, Fleetwood were dumped out 4-0 in the third round and then I anticipated being knocked out by Arsenal U23's in the quarter finals, as it was we won 4-2 to set up a semi final against Man United U23's. I was a little gutted in the end.

Next Season

We've got a whole host of players who are due to leave as we won't renew their contracts and a decent sized transfer budget of £4,000,000 to play with. We've finally opted for one of the scouting packages so I hope we find one or two gems as we relied heavily on loan deals from our new feeder club Man City this season. Now it's going to get a bit fun though I'd imagine.

I want to finish as close to the play offs as possible so we just rapidly jump from Vanarama Conference to the Premier League but I sense this is where it gets a little trickier. I've been surprised at how little I've actually had to do overall. I'll do a squad update before we kick off the upcoming campaign but so far so good.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using my tactic Smiff?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Using my tactic Smiff?
    You bet your ass I am .

I tried tinkering with the two AM's as the amount of goals I concede is a joke but the DLP/AP experiment failed, so I put them back, then I tried dropping the poacher in place of a second DM but again it didn't really have the desired result. I think those five attacking players are absolutely vital so when I upgrade I imagine I'm going to absolute crucify teams.

Scouts are relatively useless and they say most my players are League Two standard and looking at their attributes, it's hard to disagree.

Rees Plant, a freebie from TNS for example bundled in 30 in 45 games in his debut season and right now he's got major interest from Premier League clubs.

Zanzala and Oteh aren't exactly anything special but all three just plunder in the goals.

It's a beast of a tactic, DS.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the newer one, 4123sirjur, more stable at the back in comparison mate.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine my surprise when the game updated and I saw who was in the Championship.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go!

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, rather than getting fm every season and winning every game with a downloaded tactic you can just gimme a fiver and I'll message you saying "yeah you won the league 20 seasons in a row, nice one"

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Lads, rather than getting fm every season and winning every game with a downloaded tactic you can just gimme a fiver and I'll message you saying "yeah you won the league 20 seasons in a row, nice one"
    This particular version has provided me more enjoyment in the 35 hours game time than you've provided in over five years so I'd suggest yours is a bad deal.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never used a downloaded tactic.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ve never used a downloaded tactic.
    I use them a lot but by time I'm deep into a save it rarely resembles what I started with. I'm not really sure what igors point actually is regardless.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly the same as Mike's, but with 5 times more words than were needed and the obligatory head being shook at pop culture.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that the game has a bug where you run out of regens in like 20 seasons, beware lads

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 8 years into an International management save ffs

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, I'm sure Miles will fix it ASAP.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Imagine my surprise when the game updated and I saw who was in the Championship.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A glimpse into the future at this rate I fear

Can't justify getting full fat and a laptop to run it so awaiting Touch tomorrow, interesting to see what updates there actually are given the fact SI seem to give no fucks about it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Zanzala love in.

I took over a the Alex for my long term save, managed to bring in Lord Bendter and Gestede. Despite Gestede being a weapon, my man Zanzala just keep plundering them in.

If you're managing Championship - L2, take a look at Rudy Gestede - managed to pick him up for £1.5k a week.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Eric Bailly. Reddit suggests he’ll sign for anyone.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got touch and currently putting my logo and face packs back on the ipad. Curiously it seems despite increasing the league limit in other versions and bringing in dynamics on mobile they have fucked that off for Touch

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at around March in the first season and while I've pulled Cov clear of relegation and hit the magical 50 point mark, I've combined the best attack in the division with by far the worst defence. You can't argue with the goals per £ value of those season tickets

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got touch and currently putting my logo and face packs back on the ipad. Curiously it seems despite increasing the league limit in other versions and bringing in dynamics on mobile they have fucked that off for Touch
    Just seen you can do this for mobile. Will probably end up with that version too. I presume the cloud save doesn’t extend as far as Mobile?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure, I don't think so. I had packs in on mobile last time it was decent enough.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arezo is a cheatcode

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was pretty good (for my Corinthians team) on FM20 too. But not that good.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's on 71 in 49 starts now. He won't stop scoring.