User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2021

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wipe out debts (from the stadium build) good, cannot sign any players bad.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue as you Yev - after 1 season playing in Slough, we've been out on the road ever since. We spent 5 years at Wealdstone, before moving to The Hive in Harrow for our first Football League season. But our chairman has finally decided we need to go home.

Peter Griffin () has also recognised the need to upgrade some facilities, so we're using some of our prize money, £150k of it, to upgrade the training facilities. Unfortunately it's going to take 7 months, but it's much needed now we're in League 1.

And finally, one last look at the lads that made this promotion possible.

I really, really, REALLY need to get Aaron Jones back on loan. He improved massively throughout the season, so much so that he has shifted all of the star ratings down a notch for the squad. Unfortunately, any approach to Swansea to extend the loan is met with "We would rather he played with higher quality players."

Otherwise, Dennis Ball is the club hero. He's been here for 4 seasons now and has just pulled out his best returns yet. Sion Spence became the assist king ever since I dropped him back into a midfield 3, and Lukas Puntigam is another loanee I would like to have back - he was chipping in with goals and assists constantly throughout the 2nd half of the season.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did it take you to reach League 2? At the moment it feels like that's the hardest part of this. Port Vale got relegated to the conference last season. I'm playing Port Vale. With one automatic promotion spot. Port Vale.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TQ Addy is definitely a BLM Baller.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took 3 seasons in the National League. It was genuinely ridiculous the number of professional clubs I was facing, I think there were 17 out of the 24?

I was lower midtable in the first season, snuck into 7th and the playoffs in the second season, champions in the third. By that point I could keep the morale forever high, the tactic was familiar and I had a core of players who were improving just enough. Sprinkle a few loans in (whatever you can get for the depth due to the crazy scheduling) and it just about did it. Not to mention a fair bit of luck!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's real and at Luton in my game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    TQ Addy is definitely a BLM Baller.

Tetteh-Quaye Addy is a proud Ghanaian youth international (in my save), for your information.

He’s actually someone I brought in for the title-winning season on big money (£650 p/w!) and he contributed pretty well. Unfortunately he didn’t have much of an impact in League 2 - he may be a player who becomes surplus to requirements.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    He's real and at Luton in my game.
    Thats his real life club.

These non league games Thommo and yourself are playing sound like good fun, just don't think I'd have the patience for it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be immensely frustrating as the whole set-up in the Conference national league is so stacked against you and it does take patience (a virtue I wouldn't say I was blessed with) but many things are so rewarding that just wouldn't be anywhere near as much in other saves.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, does the current version of FM give you tabulated accounts for your club in excel?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And on that note, it's going to be another long season for me.

We've been competitive in 8 of the 10 games, but the amount of worldy's I'm conceding is unreal. Bugarin only has three goals so far this season too. On the plus side, we've made some serious money in the window.

Mitchell was trousered from Arsenal's youth rejects and has pushed our bank balance up to over half a million a mere 13 months later.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Wait, does the current version of FM give you tabulated accounts for your club in excel?
    Nah, I'm knocking it into a spreadsheet every time a season rolls over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United 2043/44 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

The squad was fucking massive (and still is) and I tried to get rid of as many old lads/youths that don't look like they'll cut the mustard.

Transfers In:

Both were former players of mine at Hertha (and who I didn't have enough funds to take to Leverkusen) so I brought them to England and they were my two biggest signings. £103m for Morice and £175m rising to £225m for Matias.

I wanted a GK from Norwich but they rejected my top offer of £40m and the former United number 1 so I bought this lad for £7.75m. The week after Norwich transfer listed the guy I tried to sign for £25m... This guy spent most of the season pissed off as I signed him as a "Star Player" but it turns out I didn't inspect the United squad enough as there was a better, younger GK in the team. His value has boomed though.

Signed by the caretaker manager before I joined but he arrived after I came in. He was bought for £5.25m rising to £11.5m which isn't too shabby.

I went back to Leverkusen for these two. £105m for Andrade and £79m for Thelen. I wanted Andrade for CM but like at Leverkusen I ended up playing him at CB and he thrived. Thelen was good at Leverkusen but he raised his game massively after I signed him. When Iggy went down injured he started more and became a beast.

£11.5m which might be a little on the high side but I didn't have any decent youth RB's and he did well whenever I gave him minutes.

He's been on my shortlist for a couple of years now but I decided not to buy him at Leverkusen so I could bring him here. £55m.

£40m and he was also on the shortlist.

League:

We won it easily and seemed to have a 12 point buffer for most of the season. Almost all of our dropped points came from matches where I used the youth (especially on the second set of fixtures).

Cup:

All youth side in the Burnley match and we were 2-0 down. However we came back and then had two men sent off before 90 minutes had finished.

Pretty easy but I was sure we'd lose to Chelsea as we really struggled to score goals.

Europe:

Awful. Really annoying that we still can't cross this off the list.

All in all a relatively easy treble. We also got to play Leverkusen (who have annoyingly won the league the moment I left) and a reunion with Hertha.

Squad:

Future:

Well nothing crossed off the list (although the European Championship with France is up next so I could be done internationally) but I restored United to the top. I've given them their first PL title since 2028 and I've also defended the Champions League for them.

Really there's nothing more for me here and I'd like to jump to a Europa League team to knock that off the list. So far the only job that fits right now is Marseille.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 20-09-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the bank balance at United was just under £100m when I came in. I leave with it at £300m and with the last of the debts paid off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing one game all season and it’s at Carrow Road
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cracking run of form sees us move into the top half of the Conference, hopefully establishing us as a Conference National side.

Whisper it, but a playoff spot is actually achievable too. Bugarin now has 79 in 117 league games, the little legend.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virgil Morice has a hell of a hairline for 26.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 for Bugarin in a 5-2 home win over Aldershot and we hit the playoff spots.

Not a bad run in for the final 7 games either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic finish to the season, with two cracking late winners. Thought we'd fucked 3rd when we surrendered a 2-0 lead in the penultimate game, but Chesterfield shat the bed in their final game.

Third takes us straight through to the semi's, with a single leg tie at home to make the playoff final.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm shitting it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a run to finish the season. Having the week off by finishing in 2nd or 3rd is so key, especially as a semi-pro team. Seems like your formation and dynamics have really clicked this season.

That heroic 94th minute winner from Bugarin.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about leaving it late.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some things that have happened since.

That seems remarkably low and doesn't even appear to be enough to give my current players full time contracts, let alone recruit some more.

Finally. Four years in the making and we are finally a pro club. I then looked at the finances and saw this:

I've no idea what this is for and I can see no news article in relation to it. It has utterly fucked us though.

New stadium complete.

Maybe the obscene ground maintenance charges were related to getting the new stadium up to league standard, but if so, why not build it like that in the first place and include that in the loan.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe League Two stadium requirements are different to the league you were in when the plans were made. Although maybe it is the loan, cos it’s the same value?

Good job though!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers! Definitely not the loan as we're still paying that back.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a YDWAWK save with *insert team here* a number of weeks ago but I have been delaying updating as I want to get further in. I'll start off with our European adventure though as last season we won the EFL Cup.

The Man United match was madness. 4-2 down on aggregate, Rashford scoring a 95th winner at Old Trafford in the first leg, 3 minutes to go and then....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats a YDWAWK game?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You Don't Win Anything With Kids (tm)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forest?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son of a fucking bitch. Another 4 years wait to cross it off my list now

Also, I have a new club in Marseille. Here is the squad:

Key player:

Hot Prospect:

There is £35m in the bank and I've been given a £24m transfer budget and there's currently £287k p/w free in wages. I've already started trying to sell players and I already have a bid accepted for the mental 15 year old French CB I posted on the last page.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrexham - Season 2028/29 - Uefa Conference League

Although a relatively new competition, the recent winners were all clubs of decent pedigree with Everton being the first to lift the cup followed by Atalanta, Tottenham, Sevilla, Feyenoord, Lazio and Real Betis. We'd retained our Premier League status, lifted a domestic cup and risen from the 'other' Conference League but I had no idea what to expect.

We started in the fourth qualifying round against Hungarian side MTK Budapest and despite taking a while to get going, romped to a 3-0 home win in the first leg. Craig Cummings, Gus Levitt and Will Hannen all getting their names on the scoresheet. Nothing unfamiliar for Cummings, a current Welsh international and at time of writing is closing in on Tommy Bamford's long held record of most league goals. Bamford has 172, Cummings, 147.

The return in Hungary wasn't such a formality but Levitt again got himself in amongst it and fired in the only goal of the game to send us into the group stage.

Our 'group of death' was Gornik Zabrze, RSC Anderlecht and Mladost Lucani, six wins out of six and just one goal conceded tells its own story.

Russian outfit Ural were drawn in the second knockout round, we bypassed the first by virtue of finishing 1st, I assume(?), I also assumed we'd sail through given the ease in which we'd done so to date but we found ourselves 2-0 down until Cummings and Kian Williams struck on 88 and 94 minutes to salvage the tie and perhaps keep us in the competition. Cummings ensured there was no repeat in the return fixture as he netted an 8 minute hatrick, Sam Davies scoring a rare goal too.

Willem II were the quarter final opponents and proved a little troublesome until Cummings dispatched a pen to make it 1-0. Danny Evans scoring a solo effort to take a solid lead to Holland. Perhaps it was the fumes in the air but Sam Davies again found himself in the right place at the right time to score the games only goal. Not so rare goal now but still unsure why he was so high up.

To France for the semi finals as Reims lay in wait, it was almost a given that RB Leipzig would be the team to face in the final but first we had to say Au Revoir to Reims. Gus Levitt's early hit in the first leg gave us a slender lead, a lead cancelled out in the second leg until Osian Gray bundled one in over the line. A second successive final.

Wow. Winner would take a group spot in the Europa League and given we'd (at this point) again secured our Premier League survival, a win would be the icing on the cake. It's fair to say the German side were big favourites and had been from the offset.

Were.

Craig Cummings.

Background.

When Ryan Reynolds took over the club, many expected there to be wholesale changes, a bit of a splurge and a return to League Two at the least but instead they got a state of the art youth academy and sod all else.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City Season 24/25 Transfers

As our debut season in the football league sees us in an utterly fucked financial position transfers were somewhat restricted. Once I'd let the shit go I had about £3k to £4k wage budget to play with so once again we hammered the loan system, leaving the below as actual signings.

Former Everton LAD, who according to our AM is now our best player.

Had this chap on loan for the last couple of seasons and he loves me, so when his contract expired we swooped in.

This one is actually a loan (no idea what National League Stockport are doing loaning him to me) but he played an instrumental part in promotion last year and his contract expires at the end of this season. Would love to make it permanent.

Can't actually play this guy yet as his WP application was rejected, but given he's our only player playing regular international football I'm hoping I can change that on appeal in November.

This is the first of two players who joined partway through last season, who have come on leaps and bounds since we went professional.

And here's the other one.

In terms of targets for this season, stay up just about covers it, with the bigger ambition being working out how the hell we clear this massive debt we find ourselves lumbered with. I'd assumed the new board would have restructured it, but they don't seem to care. Tossers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here's how we've started.

Only really been two league games we were outclassed in (vs Oldham and Mansfield). Bugarin's been out injured, but when he has played with Georgiou I've liked what I've seen a lot. The Cypriot's 10 goals put him second in the league two scoring charts.

And all that leaves us mid-table, with a very pleasing seven point buffer from relegation.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City 2024/25 Season (League Two) - Mid Season Update

Really pleasing first half of the season with a solid mid-table performance so far. A push for the playoffs would be brilliant, but that we're all but guaranteed to stay up already is brilliant.

Financial situation has improved slightly, with a couple of investments from the directors taking us up to £700k in the red, but still no idea how I clear that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big FA Cup away draw would go a long way to fixing that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point. Will have to wait until next season to try as we got knocked out in the first round by Non-League Ebbsfleet this season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marseille 2044/45 Summer Update:

I don't usually do any updates other than one at the end of the season but I've been busy this window.

Transfers Out:

Wasn't able to sell everyone I wanted but overall I'm pretty happy.

Transfers In:

Very busy Summer and a lot of it will be paid in instalments. I also wanted to flood the team with youth.

Part of the reason I wanted to come to France was because of this lad. When I saw him, I needed to bring him to one of my teams pronto.

Wanted to sign him at Leverkusen but he wouldn't have been able to join until now. I then wanted to buy him at United but City wouldn't accepted anything less than £300m.

Cheap but his potential is great.

Due to sales he's already starting for me and he's already stepping up big.

He's going to be a godly finisher if he hits his potential.

One of the few I decided to send out on loan but part of me wishes I hadn't.

I needed a decent keeper and I feel I've got one for a decent price. I found an even better keeper (albeit a lot more expensive) but he was at Aston Villa thus wouldn't have been able to join for 2 years.

Doubt he'll ever really make it in my team as he isn't my sort of player but I bought him to sell eventually.

Another that went out on loan instantly and I'm happy I did as he wont get minutes for me this season due to the amount of CM's in the team.

I chucked a lot of wages at him as so many TOP clubs were after him and I had already lost out on a lot of players to said clubs.

I probably wasn't going to go for him but my best CB fucked his ACL so I thought I'd go big.

A hefty price, especially as he's a little slow for me, but I feel he's going to be a Worldie.

Going to lump these both together as they're both very cheap and at worst I feel like I'll be able to make quite a decent chunk on them.

A reunion. I bought him for £22m at Leverkusen from Schalke (Leverkusen are fools for accepting £24m now) as he was one of the better German youths that were produced at the time. He's hardly played for the senior team in the years I was gone but I still feel like he's going to be quality.

As an aside here is one match that we've played so far:

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoying following your game Yev, which is probably a first for me. Do you have a real life job though? I'm curious how you manage to fly through seasons so quickly.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do indeed, but at the moment am doing literally nothing outside of that bar playing this. Haven't been this addicted to a save since the Eibar one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 games to go and as last year in the conference we're in with a chance at the League 2 playoffs.

Cambridge (a)
    Port Vale (h)
    Scunthorpe (h)
    Walsall (a)
    Tranmere (a)
    Accrington (h)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think there's a danger of going up too quickly? I remember scraping in the playoffs for the Championship on my Dover save a few years ago, then getting absolutely battered and finishing bottom by about 10 points the following season.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much so. We're in no way ready for League One and we need to sort these finances first.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City End of Season Update 2024/25 - League Two

After being in with a shout of the playoffs with six games to go we didn't make it and fell to 12th. Still, to finish top half in our first season of League football is pretty pleasing, with one caveat and potential huge problem.

And that potential problem is our best player, by a country mile is a loan one. If we weren't so fucked financially we could buy Georgiou from Conference side Stockport, who clearly ran mad loaning him to me in the first place, but as it is the only hope we have of getting him back is via another loan. If we don't get him we have to replace 33 goals just to stand still. Bugarin might score more admittedly, but he's not gonna weigh in with 51.

A decent increase in wages there, up from £13.5k last year and closing in on the £1m per annum wage bill allowance. However, I then noticed that we're currently spending £15k p/w on wages and I hadn't a clue why. The first team squad can't add up to that and then it hit me, it's fucking youth prospects in my under 18 squad. My DoF has been signing them up on £150 p/w deals and there are 27 of the buggers! Now admittedly this was at my request when the summary landed in my inbox, but fuck me, rookie city as far as mistakes go that. £4k p/w of my wage expenditure was going on kids, £200k a year. I can release a fair few this summer, but the remaining are on deals up to 2027 and at this stage, we simply can't afford a youth team.

Which takes me on nicely to the finances.

We're in trouble. If it hadn't been for the club injecting three lump sums of £400k each time we'd be utterly screwed. As it is we're still £400k in the red, but a decent sale or cup run could get us out of that. Bigger problem now is that we don't really make money on the underlying business. Take out the investments and we'd have lost £250k this season. You could argue the loan is temporary, but that runs for another 8 years (with £1.5m still to pay on it) and even if I didn't have a youth team we'd have still not made it into the black.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more stuff...

Bizarrely these crept into the 2025/26 season's accounts, but that stings a bit.

This, however, is amazing. We're now only £87k in the red!

And perhaps best of all....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep getting the feeling that my players match ratings lag behind what the AI gets in their games. Even in seasons I'm absolutely cruising, and games I'm winning 6-1 like this one, often barely anyone cracks an 8.0. Is this a sign of simply using an overpowered tactic?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great first season in the Football League @Yevrah. Considering these loan repayments and the overall financial situation, it actually was probably for the best you didn't go up.

Did you have a message in your inbox detailing the sponsorship income for the season? I realised how ridiculous the situation is when I was told we were earning £10,000 per annum for sponsorship with Lincoln earning the most in the division (League 2) at something like £600,000 a year.

The youth team contracts is definitely a sneaky issue when you go professional. The problem is you're able to just have a youth team running at semi-pro level with every player on five quid a week. Then once you go pro, the minimum wage you have to offer is £160 p/w (or something like that), and so any new youth candidates or prospects automatically jump onto that wage.