Toggle Spoiler

Wrexham - Season 2023/2024

League

A mid season slump probably cost us a chance of sneaking into the playoffs but losing 17 games over the course of the season suggests we'd have got rinsed in the Premier League anyway. I put this down to the number of new arrivals and I can't see the upcoming season being any different. It was nice not to lose to Arsenal as we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 at the Emirates but I'm still bewildered how they managed to find themselves in this division. Sign of things to come? Beware if Patrick Vieira replaces Arteta, I say. Other managerial change I clocked was Steven Gerrard is now WBA manager but he did win the SPL....

FA Cup

We drew at The Racecourse which was nice but Tottenham put an end to our run in the replay. Nothing more than we expected tbh.

EFL Cup

Not much different here either tbh but losing to Wigan was a little bit gutting given they are quite crap.

Transfers In

We made whole sale changes but scouting was an issue and quite a few I'd suggest were quite crap and if not for the loaned players, we'd have been in a whole world of trouble. I want to try move away from that for next season and since we have nearly £10M we can spend (mostly due to the sale of Rhys Plant), I reckon we've got more scope for some higher quality arrivals.

We probably wouldn't have finished in the clubs highest ever position since the 1970's too had it not been for Josh Thomas. Now a Welsh international. 34 goals in 50 appearances but he was out on his own in that regard.

Squad

Next Season

I never got around to doing a full squad update so maybe that'll come as I expect huge changes throughout as I want to go up to the promised land.