User Tag List

Thread: Good Food, Good Mood - Indulge.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Food, Good Mood - Indulge.

I'm hopeful that I haven't started this too early but either way all efforts will be posted in the opening post and thread updated as we (or rather, I) go along.

You're welcome to just swipe something from now near 7 year old thread that Mahow presented us with here. You're also welcome to post something you've had, something you like or even a list of ingredients (be fair please!) and challenge me (plus anyone who wants to join in) to do something with them.

With all that said....what is this thread actually about?

Good Food, Good Mood!

I want to take your offering and put my own spin on it, I'll do so with images, maybe the odd few in video form on occasion if able but present it so it's both a healthier version and hopefully more cost effective one than your suggestion. I'll offer up in return the entire recipe and a summary of why I chose X Y Z instead of A B C.

I'll leave this thread to roam freely for the next seven days so I can take the suggestions and organise them so I can ensure fresh ingredients aren't wasted as I'll use them for the next days effort etc. I hope enough of you will get involved to make it worthwhile. Thanks.

Let's indulge.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 13-07-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smoked salmon risotto. Perfect the hell out of it and include greenery (either in it or by the side).

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Jimmy. I don't want to sell myself short or come across as arrogant but I've improved a hell of a lot I feel so the risotto will be a doddle. The second I read it I thought "let it part like Moses and the sea", that's my cue even now if on the rare occasion I have it on the specials. Visually I know what I am trying to say, not sure it translates so well via text. I can't cook because I am knowledgeable (I'm not!) but cooking with my eyes, taste, touch.....well, it's got me this far so I must be doing something right.

I hope the suggestions keep coming as if I bought smoked salmon then I'd not use it all in a Risotto dish for one (me!) so would hope I can use it in another suggestion someone else puts forward etc. Once I have enough then I'll structure them in a way that ensures ingredients are used at their freshest, wastage is minimal and with a bit of luck, cheaper than you'd realise when costed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you beat the Bolton Massiv special, chicken on pasta?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make smoked salmon pasta relatively often as it’s so quick to make, so if you need another recipe with smomed salmon, I usually make the following:

Boil fresh pasta (preferably tagliatelle or pappardelle) and throw some garlic and cherry tomatoes (you can also add them in later if you want them fresh). Then when cooked add your green stuff, (I usually use basil, but chives, spring onion or pea sprouts work too) salmon and creme fraiche and whatever spices you like. I tend to keep it simple with salt, pepper, chili, lemon and sometimes something like sumac just to change the taste a bit. All doable in fifteen minutes or so. Then grate parmesan or tge hard cheese of your choice on top.