User Tag List

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conspiracy Theories

Given that we live in the broken brained world of social media where there was enough conspiracy theory being peddled before Covid, now it seems everyone being locked down with only the internet for company has led to more.

But what about the classics, the old school conspiracy theories, the slightly more 'credible' theories?

My favourite theory I believe has enough credible evidence to be true is that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill John F Kennedy: he was actually killed by a bungling secret service agent in the car trying to return fire from a moving vehicle. Explains a lot about the autopsy being moved to Washington from Dallas, the difference in bullet types found in the ballistics and the immediate secret service policy change in the aftermath regarding AR 15s.

Anyone else subscribe to any, 'saner' conspiracy theories?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely know more about Aliens than they let on.

Mark Duggan (the guy who's death kicked off the London Riots) was murdered by dirty cops.

Bush did 9/11.

edit: The last one I just want to be true because of the world wide reprecussions.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think they know about aliens?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe the official version of 9/11, but I think it's lies to cover up incompetence rather than being an inside job.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the twin towers never actually existed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. Somewhere between the fact that they exist to microchips are actually alien technology. I'm not really a conspiracy guy so just jumped to the first thing I could think of.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I don't believe the official version of 9/11, but I think it's lies to cover up incompetence rather than being an inside job.
    Is there something in particular that leads you think this? All the idiot ideas about steel beams and explosions have been well and truly debunked or is it more that they knew about the terrorists and just let them/completely failed to stop it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aliens invented McCains? I'm forever in their debt.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99.999% of conspiracy theories are just bullshit that people want to believe, either because it fits their batty pre-existing worldview to believe these things, or just because it's fun to do so. Anything spectacular that went beyond about 2 people in the planning would just get out.

For instance with that JFK one mentioned above, the rest of the security detail and all the investigators, the coroners etc would just know and one or more of them would tell. You always have to apply a large dose of Occam's Razor to these things.

The ones I enjoy more are the truly nuts deep historical ones like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Is there something in particular that leads you think this? All the idiot ideas about steel beams and explosions have been well and truly debunked or is it more that they knew about the terrorists and just let them/completely failed to stop it.
    Complete failure to stop it despite knowing what was going on.

If you saw The Looming Tower, pretty much that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conspiracy theories are for those who can't handle the reality of life.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why haven't we posted any conspiracy theories yet?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all too boring to believe any of the good stuff. Atleast one of us must be a reptilian believer, surely?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much David Icke is making from this renaissance of 'finding the truth'? He had another 4-5 hour show the other day and headlined the plebs against masks demo in Trafalgar Sq.

I like that masks are seen as muzzles which isn't at all contradictory to the CCTV agenda. Also crashing the economy makes sense when they're also creating a prison state by making it cashless.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it Rosie O'Donnell who said steel can't be melted?

God bless those girder farmers, working day and night to find steel bits of the right shape and size for the construction industry.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Conspiracy theories are for those who can't handle the reality of life.
    Yep. "This building fell over in a way that looks controlled. That doesn't add up to me and I'm not going to go the extra mile to have a demolitions expert, specifically trained in controlled demolitions, to talk me through it." That's another aspect that gets me. They don't like having the view challenged, even though they'll learn something from it. Like flat earth. They can't see the curve because they're physically looking for it an a place where it's not visible. Like on high ground.

I love the stark realities of shit. JFK was shot by a guy who couldn't land the same shot on a stationary target months prior. He wanted to defect to the Soviet Union so badly and the Cuban lot told him to actively stop handing pamphlets out and starting his own chapter.

The Trade Centres were built weirdly but it still took weird circumstances to bring them down, even before you consider the mob labour and corner cutting that went on with the construction and fireproofing.

Aryrton Senna wasn't shot by a sniper at 175mph. He hit a bump in a car that was horrendous to drive and built with active suspension in mind.

The world's elite paedophiles don't need to harvest Adrenochrome from cracking open the throats of young children. You can oxidise that shit in a lab.

Paul McCartney might be dead, though.

EDIT: And all the Italian stuff with the Blackfriars is a dead cert.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Avril Lavigne?

The thing with JFK is there were so many odd decisions in the aftermath which were only exposed by Jack Ruby killing Oswald and sending conspiracy into overdrive.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fake Paul McCarthy is real though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could he not just have had work done?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overlap between the Italian and Jewish Mafia and the OSS/CIA gets me going.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    A selection of steel beams are on show at the 9/11 memorial museum. Not that this would stop conspiracy theorists at all.

I've just checked out https://www.snopes.com/ after years of not visiting. Amazing how a shitty little html webpage has become a huge fact checking profession website. Sign of the times I suppose.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I wonder how much David Icke is making from this renaissance of 'finding the truth'? He had another 4-5 hour show the other day and headlined the plebs against masks demo in Trafalgar Sq.
    David Icke's the kind of person who associates his arthritis getting better due to homeopathy, rather than the more likely scenario that he stopped playing football.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course he's called "Darren". Truly a wankers name

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    My favourite theory I believe has enough credible evidence to be true is that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill John F Kennedy: he was actually killed by a bungling secret service agent in the car trying to return fire from a moving vehicle. Explains a lot about the autopsy being moved to Washington from Dallas, the difference in bullet types found in the ballistics and the immediate secret service policy change in the aftermath regarding AR 15s.
    My colleague believes this, and I'm sort of on board because 1) what he doesn't know about guns and ballistics isn't worth knowing; and 2) none of his other opinions are remotely weird.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SS were all drunk as shit most of the time so it's not impossible, but wouldn't the first shot have done him in anyway? Doming him off was just a bonus. My own unconfirmable theory is the aftermath was the mob and CIA both thinking the other had done it, the hit on Oswald is classic mob style then Ruby was interrogated and given nine types of cancer by the CIA.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe in many conspiracy theories, but the one that does raise an eyebrow is Hitler managed to escape Berlin. The only evidence that he killed himself is basically his dentist agreeing that a some teeth (and possible a bit a jaw) found near the bunker matched a previous scan of him. That's it.

Of the more weird stories, it is rumoured that said dentist was then whisked away to a Soviet labour camp and never heard from again.

This opinion may be somewhat influenced by the fact that I recently watched Operation Finale regarding Mossad's capturing of Eichmann in Argentina, which was great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana was offed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undoubtedly, imagine the furore now if there was a non white half brother to the Windsor boys knocking around.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madness. The royals have never had problems with black relat.... oh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go to Barking yesterday to help a resident and it turned out she was, well, Barking. She was talking about how the government can't be trusted (fair) and then went off on a tangent about how they lie to us about the weather. She doesn't believe that the temperature has ever been 100 degrees. Not here, not even in Nigeria where she comes from originally. Why does she believe this? Because even on hot days her tea goes cold. And when it's 100+, it doesn't just keep boiling.

So there I sat in ernest, trying to explain how Fahrenheit and Celsius are different things, when she got up and pointed at the oven. "Why bother with this? I should just cook on garden table?"

Oh right.

So, yeah, she signed my forms and off I went, a beaten man.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's got a point you know. It was 32 degrees last year and not once did I see ice on the road.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you be cooking on your garden table from now on, Spikes?