User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crusader Kings 3

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone give me a guide to fighting?

Every game I try seems to go exactly the same way. At some point after building up, multiple people I've never heard of declare seperate wars on me at the same time. Both of them will have slightly more men than me each and I don't have enough gold for Mercenaries. I lose both wars/die in battle and reset. Where am I supposed to go from there or win/prepare for these wars in the first place. I click 'call my allies' and they never turn up in time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More nearby allies, if your vassals aren't obliged to give you ALL their troops internal alliances can help too.

Which part of the world are you in? Some of them it's just fucking unavoidable in my experience.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go back to an old save to explain my situation and to see if I can learn my lessons

I own the outlined piece, my Husband owns all of Kano and my son is inline to inherit them all.

Husband calls a war and asks me to join with here:

We begin to smash it.

Portrait boy declares war on me, I walk back cause we're smashing the war.

Everyone circled also goes to war with me, my husband dies in the other war that we win but I get nothing out of it and I've lost all my land to the other 5 people and my heir has no titles.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So custom religions, they feel a bit broken.

I made a new form of expansionist (yet still somehow Pacifist) Buddhism with me as the head and including Communion as a tenet. I lose Holy Wars as a CB but gain Conquest CBs for any adjacent neighbour and all the while any member of the religion can petition me for an indulgence (100 gold a pop ta very much). I may run out of things to spend the money on.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not played this in months. Should probably get back to it though maybe a new save rather than picking up my plan to reunite the Empire of Bengal. Everything was going a bit smoothly for me to be long-term hooked on that save I think.

Maybe see if I can play as Gorm from Cord's save.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also a convert to what I thought was the shittiest form of partition succession, turns out all you need to do is be an Empire and it's great. Powerful vassals who collect multiple titles get knocked back every generation whilst I sit pretty at the top, plus Buddhists can take concubines and inheritance is equal for men and women so realms are split up even more because there's a million people to inherit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my Burmese lot were Buddhist and the succession wasn't as annoying as gavelkind always, always was in CK2.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how much it changes the game playing at that end of the map or with an 'eastern' religion. For instance adultery is not sinful but the game keeps giving me the pop ups about court affairs etc where the only available response amounts to 'Whatever mate, we don't really care' which is enormously refreshing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Holy Communion lark may be a poisoned chalice. Did I just spend 4k on mercenaries instead of walking across my country, then created every spare title I could and barely noticed the expense, yes. Is the game now basically 75% clicking on Indulgence notifications, also yes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infinite money has had some odd consequences.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the...ic-witch-fight

More Gigaknight.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how it's supposed to look right?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite a jaunty colour scheme so yes, I'm in favour.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top Spain vs Bottom Ireland.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving this at the moment. Achieved independence from the Byzantine Empire as Armenia (or 'Hayastan'), and am only a few piety points away from reviving the Old Armenian Empire. I'll spend the remaining 100 years trying to create a formidable inbred specimen of a king with endless inheritable traits.

Coming from EUIV, this seems a lot easier though. You can get your dynasty on a lot of thrones pretty fast, meaning you always have a lot of troops helping you out in wars.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this one feels easier because they've done a much better job at presenting the mechanics and all the information you need (apart from the ledger, I want that back) but it's definitely simpler than EU4, I've never really gotten anywhere with that.

I'm in the middle of a Byzantine game and if you qualify for cataphracts I can recommend cataphracts, most of my wars only need my own 2-3k men at arms and they absolutely murder levies. Could be just heavy cavalry in general but they seem very powerful.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah EU4 is far more secretive with a lot of its mechanics. Trade alone is a headache to get used to. CK3 suits me fine in that respect, I'm much too impatient to micromanage and/or research a lot when playing video games.

Cataphracts are definitely great, you do get them as Armenia and I recruited them as soon as I could. I have a bad habit of attacking into the mountains though, at which point they're not quite as effective.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is on gamepass, played the tutorial, not sure if it is for me. Might need to start a random game and go shagging for the full experience.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    This is on gamepass, played the tutorial, not sure if it is for me. Might need to start a random game and go shagging for the full experience.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ive...usader-kings-3

This, surely, is the route for you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah so that's happening.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone ever gotten into a Witch Coven in this? I got one going in a tall Maldives game recently and it seemed pretty good, transferred that to an India game and once your realm gets to a certain size and you convert enough of your relatives it's insane. Regular Great Rituals give you almost as many Lifestyle perks as your normal focus and they're spread across all the categories without you having to switch plus some crazy relation buffs and stress relief. High development southern India is overpowered anyway (and most importantly already Feudal at the early start date) so add this and I've run out of Fascinations to research with 30 years to spare before the next era and nothing of my own left to spend money on.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think India is an extremely powerful start without stacking development, but if you do...

Toggle Spoiler

You get some pretty spicy blocs of allies that can murder you on the way up but you very quickly have enough money to just spend your way out of any trouble. Hire all available mercs, no problem. Gifts for every vassal from each new ruler, barely makes a dent and kisses goodbye to every faction so far. No elephants either, I actually think it would have been harder with them. Learning focus was also perhaps not necessary as we're having to wait 75+ years for the next era to start but it's fun to get Innovations in 5-6 years each and the health boosts are well worth it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, that's muchos gold.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much really, it just piles up. I might see how much I can burn through fighting the Mongols once they arrive.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woof.