User Tag List

Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 4755

Thread: FIFA 21: Featuring the FUT 100

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 81 (the Korean keeper) as my red.

I'm keeping my packs until Friday to see if we get anything juicy.

Oh and Klostermann is back up to 380-385k, so it's like the match never even happened.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Thankfully I can just switch out the HDMI cable on my PS and let it play on the TV behind me while I work on my monitors.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda tempted to do Rui Costa. Great player and enjoyed his cards when I've used them on previous FIFAs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally done WBA and as such the Premiership.

What a hero Branislav Ivanovic is.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premiership Flashbacks to when they used that name.

I bought Live Pogba. His price spiked around 200k when United got through the last round.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Kinda tempted to do Rui Costa. Great player and enjoyed his cards when I've used them on previous FIFAs.
    In a similar boat as you there. Might chip away at him over 50 days.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally won the Premier League on PES 2021. The first time I've taken the top flight since 2013, I think. 85 points was 'all' it took with Spurs and Arsenal breathing down my neck. I did have an 8 point lead but the game really likes to rein you in. Key players go missing in matches, and THE TIDE TURNS, etc. Luckily, Callum Wilson being shite just allowed Joelinton to smash them in when it mattered.

Wor Top Scorers (Assists)
    Wilson - 20 (9)
    Joelinton - 19 (7)
    Saint-Maximin - 10 (10)
    Fraser - 6 (10)

Then goals dry up. Basically, if you're in the front three, you're in the goals. Otherwise the likes of Shelvey and Almiron have to find them there on accident or from free-kicks.

Team Stats
    We've scored the most (21) and conceded the most (9) in the last 15 minutes of games. That wasn't much of a stat until the last third of the season when matches really shat the bed. Case in point, a match against Reading: They score in the 89th minute, Joelinton comes on and scores in the 90th and 93rd. Scenes.

Balls over the top often found us out and our high defensively line meant we were vulnerable to through balls. At the other end, he tended to pass most of ours in.

Hayden and Lascalles put the most tackles in and the latter got his head to almost everything this season.

Verdict on Transfers
    Ansu Fati livened up the front three but he only managed a couple of goals. I mainly brought him in to match ASM's pace. Dante still feels dodgy. At best, he's like Philippe Albert in how he can bomb forward from the defence, unfortunately, it leads to him being an undisciplined nightmare. Schubert's great cover for Dubravka. Nothing spectacular and I've got Subasic as a third choice. Hendrichs seems decent at right-back but he runs himself into death inside an hour. Eddie Nketiah still hasn't really found a spot. He's not prolific enough to challenge the strikers and not direct enough to bother the wingers. Ander Herrara's yet to trouble the Longstaffs.

That's the biggest thing to note about how the season went. Fatigue went into overdrive and the usual suspects out wide and Shelvey were always the first to check out. Seems fitting, given that I cloned Liverpool's tactics. Also, Arsenal were really shit in the run-in. Our late wobble opened the door for them and they matched our results for a couple of games. It went down to the final game but we smashed Leeds 4-0. Our biggest unbeaten run was 14 games but we began the season with a run of 13. It's kind of depressing that it was just enough to win it.

Who's Where?
    I'm skimming through the teams now to see if the game's thrown in some quality transfers. Presume some of these are regens.

- Brighton has Yoann Cabaye.
    - Burnley has Mikhail Antonio and Jack Cork.
    - Pickford's gone at Everton. Replaced by Rui Patricio.
    - Leicester City has a new midfield dynamo: John Obi Mikel. Oh, and they have Loftus Cheek. And Yanga-Mbiwa. Good on 'em. AND JUANFRAN.
    - Gabriel Jesus still leads the line for Liverpool but Castagne's joined their midfield. Felipe Anderson as well.
    - Giggles will like this one: Matt Doherty is a Man City full-back. They also bought Divock Origi for the sheer thrill of it.
    - Rodrygo is at United.
    - Pepe (the weird looking one) will shore up Spurs' defence.
    - James Milner hasn't even regenerated yet. He's at West Ham. MARK NOBLE RETIRED BEFORE HE DID. They both have Ever Banega for competition.
    - Wolves are looking decent. Moises Kean and Ademola Lookman are in.
    - Messi Lingard and Andy Carroll can't get a game for Bournemouth.
    - Danny Welbeck dreams of Watford.

Nothing wildly out of the ordinary on the continent. Tielemans and Payet seem good buys for Barca. Gabriel Barbosa's at Madrid. Jordan Pickford wound up at Leipzig. Ibrahimovic is still going strong in AC Milan at 42. I've just noticed Firmino's at Barca as well. Buffon's still going at Juventus. I'll admit, seeing players into their 40s in this seems wrong.

Glenn Murray's now at AC Milan. Killian MBappe's at Atletico Madrid. PSG don't need him anymore. They have Richarlison.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    - James Milner hasn't even regenerated yet. He's at West Ham. MARK NOBLE RETIRED BEFORE HE DID. They both have Ever Banega for competition.
    Realism. Noble is leaving Wham at the end of next season and probably packing it in. I can see Milner going on for a few more years.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Tadic at 13k a few month back. Up in the high 40's today. I really should have thrown more at him. He was practically discard.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a similar boat as you there. Might chip away at him over 50 days.
    Changed my mind (slightly). Did Schmeichel now as I had some duplicate fodder and will pick up Costa over the next month or so

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started on Guendouzi and was 4-2 up in my first match with 3 goals from Sancho and 1 from Lewandowski with at least 2 French assists.

He quit out (he had a pause lined up and as I took a corner the game died) and I got the loss along with 0's for objectives.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand people sometimes. I am beating a guy 9-4 in my final EFL game. He scores to make it 9-5 and celebrates. So I go score and celebrate. This takes it to the 90th minute. He then pauses it twice and lets it run out full pause. So I do all three back while going to the kitchen to start my dinner.

You got slapped. You are only wasting your own time

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been scoring quite a few corners lately (someone scored a peach against me a couple of weeks ago that was whipped in fast and I've been trying to emulate it). Here's one I just scored:

Scored 2 in one match with the WIF Marcelo earlier as well.

Just aiming a little deeper than the penalty spot but about halfway in the space between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box with 3.5-4 bars of power.

Even caught out someone moving their keeper as the near post attacker went for the header.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished off Guendouzi against a prick.

He scored first and full celebrationed me as well as paused so I decided instead of scoring with Lewandowski or Sancho I'd beat the fucker.

Won 4-3 and it was only close because he brought on TOTY Messi at 3-1 down and he abused my WIF Marcelo.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back to check if I'd remembered right and I have got 4 parts of Messi ticked off, though 3 parts are submitted.

The 89 squad situation currently looks as so:

Some of you will die inside at the thought of submitting that but there's a few players I would like to save if I could. Those are Yuri, Tonali and Ben Yedder. Neves would also be a shame to lose. The rest I'm not too fussed on. The keepers are just fodder atm and Guendouzi, Grealish and Caputo just wont ever be used in my team. Suarez would be a shame, but he's just too slow to be properly used. A TOTS of his would be high on my wish list though. Lastly there's Robben. Whilst he is good fun, his 2* WF does annoy and if I do set my team how I want it, he'd struggle to make my bench as Salah would drop down there.

I have 315k to hand and the 88 SBC comes in at 440k atm. Most solutions seem to use Ter Stegen in them too. I could give mine up and pretty much have Messi into the team whenever I wanted if I submitted the above.

To that end @Raoul Duke let me know how you find Schmeichel. His 97 reflexes and good height make him look nuts. He could be the next target.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I went back to check if I'd remembered right and I have got 4 parts of Messi ticked off, though 3 parts are submitted.

The 89 squad situation currently looks as so:

Some of you will die inside at the thought of submitting that but there's a few players I would like to save if I could. Those are Yuri, Tonali and Ben Yedder. Neves would also be a shame to lose. The rest I'm not too fussed on. The keepers are just fodder atm and Guendouzi, Grealish and Caputo just wont ever be used in my team. Suarez would be a shame, but he's just too slow to be properly used. A TOTS of his would be high on my wish list though. Lastly there's Robben. Whilst he is good fun, his 2* WF does annoy and if I do set my team how I want it, he'd struggle to make my bench as Salah would drop down there.

I have 315k to hand and the 88 SBC comes in at 440k atm. Most solutions seem to use Ter Stegen in them too. I could give mine up and pretty much have Messi into the team whenever I wanted if I submitted the above.

To that end @Raoul Duke let me know how you find Schmeichel. His 97 reflexes and good height make him look nuts. He could be the next target.
    Makes me very seeing that squad. You might want to consider holding on for a little longer and see if the WI cards in there get a boost? Might save you one or two. I'd imagine w'll get some more objectives tonight too, and can't be that far away from Level 30 in the Season.

I only got a chance to play one game with Schmeichel yesterday and he seemed good. I honestly don't think there's all that much in most 87+ keepers, but I mainly got him for sentimental reasons and the fact I had some untradeable dupes to shift so just needed to pick up about 70k worth of Serie A shitters to fill out the gaps.

TOTY Davies is still hovering at 1.5m coins which means I need to raise 500k in order to pick him up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck voted for another unusable Gundogan card?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moments Wrighty is in the team this weekend.

Think I’ve used every Arsenal icon there’s been at some time or other other than him, proper sentimental pick tbh.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So having worked through the Messi SBC and spreading out players/filling in the blanks here is where I sit:

84 - Easy will do whenever
    85 - Done
    85 - I need 2 x 85 and an 86 to finish so holding on
    86 - Done
    88 - Dont have too much in here right now but not too worried
    89 - Done

This means I my normal Messi is gone. No turning back now! I spend 80k to close out the 86 and the 89.

So far I have punted objectives Bolasie, Forsberg and Capa, POTM DCL, OTW Silva and Ruben Neves. All cards that no longer make it into their respective league teams/are no where near any best side I would put together.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming around to my thinking now, huh?

My squad does seem a lot to give up, but looking at it rationally, only one or two actually even make my bench.

I’m hoping for a high rated objective player tonight to get in there. Though I don’t think we have a promo this week. Benedetto could also be done for this purpose. Guendouzi and Caputo going up to 89s will help a lot, but I’m not convinced either will for a good 2 weeks.

The temptation to have Messi in for this weekend is a big one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the dark side Danny!

Still 3 players away from finishing the 88 squad I have left, but been grinding league SBC's and have 80 (non-silver) packs to open when something decent lands in packs, so hoping to finish it off then.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Coming around to my thinking now, huh?
    I wouldnt go that far! 7 of the players you have listed are in my club and it shall remain that way!

Welcome to the dark side Danny!

Still 3 players away from finishing the 88 squad I have left, but been grinding league SBC's and have 80 (non-silver) packs to open when something decent lands in packs, so hoping to finish it off then.

Yeah its going to be a little bit before I can do the 88 but Ill get there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd posted this already, but: non-shit Party Bag (no OTW) incoming: https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1370312827152515075

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that on reddit earlier. That will slow Messi down a bit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing in packs? Odd.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavani

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 99% sure I called that a while back. Either way it’s happening!

89 Objectives Pastore. Not a better CAM than Dybala so I’ll do that for Messi.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Yes! Let the hate flow through you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavani looks great, his price is a little hefty though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m quite tempted to weekend league it this weekend.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened my Premiership SBC Ultimate Pack today.

An 81 IF and 2 84's as my best...

I don't think I've ever pulled someone decent out of a BIG pack for completing a league SBC.

I did however get Varane from a tradeable pack.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m quite tempted to weekend league it this weekend.
    One of us. One of us. One of us.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Cavani looks great, his price is a little hefty though.
    Looks to be similar to the RTTF and TOTS ones from 2018 that I fucking loved alongside Suarez. Tempted even though I’d never get him to fit.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for this weekend, with Barnes, Vardy sold and Dest and Fati dropping to the bench.

In come Cuccarella, Berciche, Wright and Armstrong.

Lines up 41212 in game, Robben to left wing, Armstrong on the right, Cuccarella CAM and Wright/Rooney up top.

That Cucarella is awesome at CAM. Berciche’s stamina issues make him the weakest I’ve brought in, though he’s pretty good all round, and necessary for the strong link. Goes off just after half time for Dest. Wrighty is grand, but doesn’t feel like a 800k player in honesty. Armstrong is as good as Fati was at RM before him and will be great with an upgrade. Did I mention Cucarella is bloody incredible?

Could do with an upgrade at GK but again, the strong link is needed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're doing there exactly what I'd want to do with PIM Rush, Merse. There may be better options but fuck it, he's fun and sentimental.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Party Bag and I thought I was fucked again as Spain LB flashed up.

Thankfully it was a Reguilon and not a Yuri.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh. I wanted him last year but entered the game a month before TOTS so he was just too far behind with not having a moments card. This year, fuck aye.

In fairness, he’s definitely a great card, but really just about on a par with base Mbappe, maybe a tad underpowered due to his size, so it’s not an 800k card. Having great fun with him, mind. 12/11/2 at the moment, in a 3 man front line and where my wingers chip in plenty too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a QA or Test Data Prep lad been sacked then.

I’m really enjoying the changes to the team this weekend. Cucarella’s high def means I can also slot him back into a CM/CDM slot as needs arise in game, and he’s just wonderfully balanced all round. He’s only scored 6 in my 15 games but has 15 assists to go with it. Wright on the other hand I’ve really got the hang of scoring with now - his movement is just what it should be, and he’s on 18 in 15 (all Fut Champs).

Playing some good stuff and got myself sat at 10-5, handing out 6-0, 7-1 and 11-1 hammerings in my last three. Annoyingly 2 Penalty losses in there and none of the losses were by more than a goal, 2 of them due to late capitulations to 424/team press which is always a weakness of mine.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a good night indeed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute dickhead.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an idea of the squad I was going to have lined up for when Messi was done, but having just built it on FUTBIN I find it doesn't actually work.

Quite the downer as in my mind all of my stars were in there. Serious case of back to the drawing board now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you looking at doing?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I may have taped it back together a bit.

It's annoying as I would like to keep Mbabu and especially El Shaarawy in there, but that does work. Ter Stegen becoming Neuer has everyone on 10 bar Jones. I was using Mbabu over Yuri as even though it's reduced chemistry, I just prefer the pace and strength the former offers.

Essentially I'd love to have CR7, Messi, El Sha, Jones and Deco in the team. Getting that done is much easier said than done it seems.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think getting all of them in becomes incredibly tough.

Left back Maldini/Zambrotta sort that problem right out. Or Criscito and an instant sub

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Sciglio from level 30 also slots in at left back and sorts that side out, but then I'd have to switch over Cannavaro, causing Tav to drop to 7.

Why can't I just use the players I like ffs.

My concern is the attack becomes stripped of out and out pace with this. El Sha and Salah who are currently in the starting XI both have that and it does help.

EDIT: Or not actually. I should not squad build at 3am.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 13-03-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the registration deadline for weekend league. Annoying, but it will give me a chance to finally get up to date on objectives.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on for objectives, opening saved packs and completing Messi.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 90 packs and am about halfway through and not a single walkout yet. Absolutely ridiculous.