User Tag List

Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 4755

Thread: FIFA 21: Featuring the FUT 100

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neuer, Szczesny, Chiellini, Veratti and Mertens.

Came out about even from the pack value.

I did get IF Messi Lingard from a PP though

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came up against a guy with a Bundesliga side so I thought I'd be kind. I move my keeper to let him score an outside of the box goal.

What does he do?

Pauses me ofc.

I carry on and he's sweating so hard to stop me from scoring outside the box (he also makes it 3-0 and pauses me again) but thankfully Sancho smashes one in. He ends up making it 6-2 as I'm on constant pressure trying to win and he pauses again whilst also doing that shit half macarena celebration.

He also spent ages time wasting after I scored my outside of the box goal as he was scared I'd batter him.

Seething.

Really wish I hadn't given that cunt an outside of the box goal.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a few 81+PP and got CL Pogba, Lloris and some other mooks. Very tempted to just spooge all my coins into these

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8-4 start to the weekend, decent enough as I was content only to just make sure to score in 14 games as it’ll land my milestones ultimate pack this weekend. Two games to go...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Did a few 81+PP and got CL Pogba, Lloris and some other mooks. Very tempted to just spooge all my coins into these
    Yeh I’ve gravitated away from league grinding as a result of these coming along so frequently. They pay out rather well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up with the TOTW cards Lingard, Muriel, Daka and Pereira from them earlier. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No dupe in my Prime/PIM pack but it was brutal.

Prime Michael Laudrup who goes for 160k. That's a lot of time and effort wasted for fuck all.

At least my first owner Icon squad has another option off the bench.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lille won 2-0 so WI Weah is getting upgraded

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    85 Chiellini from the Ultimate Pack. Not even any 84s. Seething.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to punish myself today and am working towards the Championship and St Paddys objectives at once.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the unlikely event anyone hasnt done these the "Advancing Attack" SBC under the "Let's move forward" foundation SBC gives a guaranteed TOTW. Its 82 Dolberg but certainly worth it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dzeko and Neres showdowns too

They both like good cards.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Neres looks like I'm going to see him come the 65th minute of every WL game.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a tempting temping one. I do love an Eredivise card

Launching Caputo into Dzeko is tempting too. 5* WF. Unreal finishing and ridiculous dribbling with an engine.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 3* skills though, and he's lanky so won't be very good, despite the stats.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be doing that Neres to replace Robben with his link to Klaiber. Perfect for me. I’ve been playing Diatta and De Sciglio in place of Klaiber-Robben this weekend and they’re both very good, but Klaiber is pretty perfect.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    He is a tempting temping one. I do love an Eredivise card

Launching Caputo into Dzeko is tempting too. 5* WF. Unreal finishing and ridiculous dribbling with an engine.
    The disrespect shown by TTHers to Caputo is disgusting.

The man is a God with an Engine.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel we've suffered with SBC prices since Klaiber came out. He was made far too cheap. Luckily he was the first to break that meta back line by challenging Walker. He also has the Physical to make him outstanding at CB too.

I was feeling like I wanted to do Zambrotta as he looks very good, but this Klaiber talk made me look and just for RBs I already have Klaiber, Tav, Mbabu, Bender and De Sciglio. Seems a bit foolish now looking at that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just imagine how ridiculous Klaiber would have been if Ajax had won

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the unlikely event anyone hasnt done these the "Advancing Attack" SBC under the "Let's move forward" foundation SBC gives a guaranteed TOTW. Its 82 Dolberg but certainly worth it.
    Just done this now. 82 TOTW for 3 bronzes is a good deal to me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just imagine how ridiculous Klaiber would have been if Ajax had won
    Yup. Ludicrous value. Glad I logged on and did him and Robben during my hiatus as they just looked too good to be true for 250k and they’ve served me brilliantly since I picked the game back up. Robben is just, just fading owing mainly to the 2* WF.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I feel we've suffered with SBC prices since Klaiber came out. He was made far too cheap. Luckily he was the first to break that meta back line by challenging Walker. He also has the Physical to make him outstanding at CB too.

I was feeling like I wanted to do Zambrotta as he looks very good, but this Klaiber talk made me look and just for RBs I already have Klaiber, Tav, Mbabu, Bender and De Sciglio. Seems a bit foolish now looking at that.
    The flip side is that this year, more than any other year, the SBC ‘price’ isn’t what most are paying - the currency is time, not coins. I’m so much as that this version is shitting high rated cards and big packs in exchange for grinding SBCs and games, and more packs from SBCs are untradeable than ever. That’s helped keep top players expensive for those that need them for SBCs, but I would imagine anyone with the time to grind is getting these guys with largely untradeable grind players.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got as far as 10-5 without feeling drained this weekend. Since then, just constant narrow 41212 slog where there’s 3 stay back mids and they attack with the front 3 on the counter. 12-7 now, feeling the slog.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still on 1-0 and I don't think I can be bothered.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    The flip side is that this year, more than any other year, the SBC ‘price’ isn’t what most are paying - the currency is time, not coins. I’m so much as that this version is shitting high rated cards and big packs in exchange for grinding SBCs and games, and more packs from SBCs are untradeable than ever. That’s helped keep top players expensive for those that need them for SBCs, but I would imagine anyone with the time to grind is getting these guys with largely untradeable grind players.
    100%

I mean Yev takes this to extreme. He has pretty much has his choice of any SBC since November without spending actual coins on maybe 1 or 2 players in it for chemistry reasons. He has it to an art form now.

However even someone like me. I'd say up until the end of last year I had always been a bit daft with my club. All the big SBCs I wanted were done from coins and I always took coins in my rewards and turned my nose up at upgrade packs.
    Now in the last week or so I've completed Vidal, Sanches and Reus. That's about 1.7m worth of SBC players give or take on PlayStation. Yes I've put some Objective players in but I've spent less than 100k and have also pretty much gained most of it back through the packs back.

The only thing my squad misses right now is a proper keeper. Maybe some Brazilian forward type too...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started on the Weekend League using the squad below with 2 changes. Gold Burki in goal, he's my only full chem keeper in the club and I've put Bender in over Boateng.

Boateng did start the first 4 games, but I kept facing those who quickly ping the passes between a front 2/3, he suffers with his low acceleration.

Early thoughts. That midfield pairing is just unfair. I tend to play 4-4-2 with Sanches LM and Aouar RM with Deco in the centre but in every game pretty much, Deco has gone off at half time and Sanches has moved to the middle. I also decided to stump up 315k on a fresh Neymar as his price was crashing. He's been the one coming on to play LM. He has 8 and in 4 in his 7 games.
    I've been scoring for fun with this. 4+ in all but 1 game. The goals seem to be spreading nicely around now after Messi was finished hogging them all. I find myself 7-1. The defeat was a 4-3 loss in which I just kept hitting the woodwork. I'm still unsure how I actually lost.

I don't like the full backs at all. I have mine set to get forward and neither have an assist or goal yet. Quite disappointing, but currently I need them for chemistry.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moments Pirlo, Campbell and Drogba SBCs out and they're full on taking the piss with the price of the latter 2.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of those new Icon SBCs are shit. Just release some decent players people actually want, FFS

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drogba with an engine looks immense. The requirements are horseshit though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll just be like Lewandoski/Kluivert etc - all the stats in place but shite in game apart from finishing

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Merse/Fox discussion it's absolutely true that you can do all of these SBC's with time, but the wall I've hit is do I really want to be putting that much time in and do they actually make my team that much better? The answers sadly are no and no.

I'm excited for a no transfer market play through, as that will end the never-ending and horrifically time consuming League SBC/Player Pick grind, should make objective players relevant and make it special when I can stretch the club enough to get someone like a Renato Sanches/Messi in, but I'm not sure I can be arsed to start that now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll just be like Lewandoski/Kluivert etc - all the stats in place but shite in game apart from finishing
    I'm good with those players tbh.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    On the Merse/Fox discussion it's absolutely true that you can do all of these SBC's with time, but the wall I've hit is do I really want to be putting that much time in and do they actually make my team that much better? The answers sadly are no and no.

I'm excited for a no transfer market play through, as that will end the never-ending and horrifically time consuming League SBC/Player Pick grind, should make objective players relevant and make it special when I can stretch the club enough to get someone like a Renato Sanches/Messi in, but I'm not sure I can be arsed to start that now.
    This where I am and it likely explains why I'm having a great time with the game at the moment. I feel like my playing the game way has paid off and these players are a joy to use.

Unfortunately for you, with how stacked your club has come to be there's little in the way of upgrades on offer to you until either A) We get the Icons we actually want to see in SBCs or B) TOTS hits.

Back to the Icons. It's a shame we didn't get Pirlo like this in say December. I'd have loved to get him in, even for a sentimental start as I loved him as a player(save for May of 2007). As it is now, I imagine him coming up against my midfield of Vidal and Sanches to not end well for him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post

There's a balance to be struck, the question for me is less about how they improve your team as much as whether they fulfil what you're looking for from the game. If you wanna horde cards, or play with multiple line ups and have the perfect big players to drop into MM games for any given requirement, then that's fulfilling in itself.

Either way, I like what EA have done, albeit as usual the community at large seems to view it negatively, U aV GIveN uS 2 maNy GaMEs 2 PlaY! EA do play a part in this though, as they trade off of FOMO.

For me, I'll not be in much for a while. Hit a bad place over the past week in terms of my mental wellbeing, in a way I haven't for perhaps a decade, and FIFA grinding isn't a good place for me with that in mind, particularly as I play mostly late at night and one of the things I'm really struggling with is my sleep.

On a positive, I'm exiting with this, with no Fifa pts spent and 2 spells of playing for about 8 weeks each, with a bloody great gap in the middle:

On 100 chem, with Camavinga, Diatta and de Sciglio on 8 chem. Alternatively, Klaiber at RB on. 10, and Robben at LM on 10.

Wright is a great one touch finisher, albeit his passing lets him down. Mbappe is just perfect, a provider with his great passing for Wright and still more lethal as well. Took me a while to get going with him but he's up from 10 goals in 15 to 93 in 62 now.

Stacked bench too, FB Lucas normally comes on at RM, with Dest at LB and Klaiber at RB on 60 mins as my full backs get a proper workout.
    Last edited by The Merse; 12-04-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moments Saul (85 and 86) with a 24 (!) pace boost.

They have made him a RM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's pretty perfect for a 3-5-2 RM/RB kinda role if you stick an Anchor on him. I'm out of fodder, otherwise I'd definitely consider him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar's abysmal finishing ruining my chance of an upgraded Kehrer

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Merse everything okay mate?

I never did do a WL post mortem so here goes. I ended up 14-3. The midfield and attack pretty much is perfect for me, but the defence is... off. De Sciglio is just not a full back. He has no presence going forwards. Gunter is a bit better but he's not quite got the dribbling. I also paid out 315k to put Neymar on my bench. Oh boy is he fun. The plan was to sell him back. I bought him Sunday evening as I expected that to be his cheapest point. Turns out I was wrong. He's been down as low as 285k since.
    I was going to sell to do Kehrer before he expired at 6, but the 35k loss of coins put me off. Looks like by the PSG game the right call was made.
    I'm hoping to sell if he gets near 320k again and crossing my fingers that my rewards allow me to do Neres. He doesn't have the 5* WF but looks great value otherwise. I don't expect an upgrade here but he looks great even without it. If rewards are crap I'll likely just keep Neymar. I do however need a better keeper.

I've since dropped into Rivals and now find myself hanging around 21xx skill rating quite comfortably. I've also switched back to out swinging corners this weekend and I've scored a fair few goals from them. Not just the conventional way either. Here's my two finest efforts:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh it’s on the up. There’ve been a few moments I’ve been noticeably down since Xmas really, but it turned into full on melancholia over the past couple of weeks. The missus has been working her arse off this year after her industry (Film) shutdown for much of 2020 and its left me on my lonesome a heck of a lot - she’s out 12-15 hours a day, obviously that’s like many, and usually I’m cool with (I’m an only child, I need the space much of the time) but I think the combo of that and feeling really very much caged in and work being utter toss tipped me over. Which then I feel guilty about being in so much better a situation than most. Had a bit of reflection over the weekend and spent time Sunday/Monday talking to the missus and the (very supportive) boss and got myself in a more positive state as it is.

But, as I say when struggling with sleep and purpose, Fifa for me isn’t a positive thing, the grind/fomo becomes pernicious.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar's abysmal finishing ruining my chance of an upgraded Kehrer
    Good. I managed to do only the 85 segment for some reason or other, I’d have kicked myself had I returned to the game to find him looking elite.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and also @Gray Fox, I get what you mean about De Sciglio. Klaiber, Dest and Davies all wipe the floor with him in attack, which is a shame as he's very decent defensively. The work rate and attacking positioning I think is the issue.But, he did let me field Diatta, who is beastly.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and also @Gray Fox, I get what you mean about De Sciglio. Klaiber, Dest and Davies all wipe the floor with him in attack, which is a shame as he's very decent defensively. The work rate and attacking positioning I think is the issue.But, he did let me field Diatta, who is beastly.
    You could upgrade to Birthday Sambia who looks cracking too. I really want that Atal. He's 100% my style of player but I already have Diatta so it's a bit of a waste.

Seething that the Silver Star player isn't English, but is from Top Ireland instead

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing these rivals games for icon swaps has seen me get back up to Div 2. I really need to throw some games. Rewards were terrible. IF Paredes and 5k coin unlock the best.

Nep’s video on today’s content summing up everyone’s thoughts.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to see how rewards went as I had one eye on that Icon SBC. From my 2 x Ultimate packs, 4 Megas and the 50k pack I got 1 x 85 and that was fucking it.

I even struggled to do Neres with what it gave out('mon Ajax). Quite the buzzkill after last week.

You could well be right. The crap positioning combined with odd workrates for a RB kills it for me. He is however a very good CB.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Dzeko and Neres. Everyone’s a winner.

A shame as Ajax were on top for a lot of that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing these rivals games for icon swaps has seen me get back up to Div 2. I really need to throw some games. Rewards were terrible. IF Paredes and 5k coin unlock the best.

Nep’s video on today’s content summing up everyone’s thoughts.
    There's gotta be a decent load of stuff coming soon as there's a load of expiring SBCs tomorrow. Hopefully they turn the taps on for a load of Icons. Would be great to be able to plug away at Gullit or something over a couple of months

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boras putting Base R9 into the Prime Icon upgrade is sickening.

EA gods punished him for it by giving him the Prime Zola.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Boras putting Base R9 into the Prime Icon upgrade is sickening.

EA gods punished him for it by giving him the Prime Zola.
    Yeah, that was so dumb. Sure he's not amazing but still far likely to be better than the dross he was likely to (and did) get. Plus you could just spend 70k on Salah or whatever instead

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The passing and Stamina boost on Neres looks lovely. I did have a finisher on him but I’m not sure that isn’t a waste looking at him there.
    A great shame Roma scored. He’d have been 90+ in everything important.