User Tag List

Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 4755

Thread: FIFA 21: Featuring the FUT 100

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of squad battles to play for icon swap tokens.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a brilliant move by EA to avoid getting loads from golden goal though, you have to hand it to them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's the response to the community for what happened last time.

Flashback Robben for an 85 and 1 IF isn't too bad but they've only flashed him back to an 88. That 2* WF will forever be a problem.

Headliners Cunha in the new Friendly mode which requires you to have 7 leagues in your team to play.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you can double/triple up on some of the swaps though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want that HL Bruno.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note there's a game limit on the One Nation games (still, winning 14 out of 60 shouldn't be too difficult)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they've fucked up there and put the limit in incorrectly.

Gotta love EA's incompetence at times.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was mistaken on the new mode. You just put 7 different leagues in your starting lineup and once you search for a game it will give the team 100 chemistry.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Looks like you can double/triple up on some of the swaps though.
    100%

You can do it all the off line stuff with 2 teams.

11 First owner Liga Nos Silvers
    11 French UCL players

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cunha is done already. That mode really is nuts, but you can tell people don't quite properly get it yet. You can have whoever you want in your side in any position and they'll be on full chemistry, so long as you meet the 7 leagues requirement.

I haven't yet touched Champs. Not sure I will tonight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't touched it either.

I'll be playing 2-4 games before bed I think and then I need to hit it hard tomorrow.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ploughed through the first half of the Squad Battles ones - 11 NOS First Owners and then just subbed on Mane to obliterate the goat herders. Need to buy five French UCL players to makeup the other team. Will get through that and the Cunha stuff tomorrow I think.

What are people taking for Icon Swaps? I'm thinking one of the Mid or Prime pack, 89+ Mid or Koeman.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played such a dickhead. He got two quick goals and then just passed it around his team, went backwards and would just stop on the ball. Managed to get it back to 2-2 and then in the 87th minute he scored a goal that I was in a near perfect position for and for once didn't trigger an AI block.

1-3.

Not bothering with another game after that shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to take Koeman, because that card looks obscene. However, I've cocked up royally - I only did 2 Icon Swaps from the first batch because I assumed there was another 12 up for grabs in this season. Now I'm capped at 12 Icon Swaps so I'm going to have to go for the Mid Icon Pack and hopefully get something usable.

I was lucky enough to get back online this afternoon around 2pm before the season ended, and I grinded quickly to Level 30 for the Romagnoli, and got my 10 remaining wins in Managerial Masterpiece for Deulofeu by about half 5. I've got a nice selection of Serie A players now and I might build a hybrid with the Bundesliga for Weekend League.

Interesting to see how the 'golden goal' shenanigans have forced EA's hand with regards to Icon Swaps this season. I just watched Nepenthez's 1 hour + long video regarding this, and for once, I agree pretty much completely with him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've done well getting Deulofeu. I think he's comparable to Carrasco. I use the 84 IF version and like him a lot. I actually usually directly swap the 2 in a sub due to low stamina. Romangnoli looks decent, but I couldn't get there in time. I'd have needed another 2 or 3 days.

This seasons players look wank. The level 15 offerings are all terrible and the 87 Pulisic I think is the only of the 3 worth taking at 30.

As for Icon swaps, I generally hate playing the AI so I didn't get those 3 last time out. I also claimed the 83+ x 25 pack already, so I can at most get 9. My options are 2 ultimate packs, 5 x 85+, Vidic, Base Icon Pack or Hagi.

I'll rule out Hagi and likely the Icon pack too. The question then is do I want the known quantity in Vidic, or the gamble of taking the 2 pack variants.

I think the pack way pays off 2 fold. There's a small chance of a big pull between them, but also if you don't then you have some SBC fodder. For example you could go a long way to doing Robben off just the 85+ pack.

As for the golden goal stuff, this was always coming. Perhaps had it not got toxic it would have stayed, but they've said right now you must grind them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found myself 0-2. My very first game was a Big Sam enthusiast. 2nd game saw everything go wrong that could.

Then my finger slipped and I accidentally bought Bruno and Mane. I've since recovered to 5-3. It does feel like complete random chance who I am matched up with though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mane is a fantastic player, isn't he? Been loving using him. His Freeze card must be outrageous.

I've sold up nearly everything and am up to 1.2m coins with a little bit more to go. Going to wait for the post-TOTY crash and to complete Icon Swaps and then swoop to see what I need to improve my main squad.

Also, I had a thought earlier - you can probably use the Loan Icon Barnes for the English Icon Swap games

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found the Vs CPU tournaments on MyTeam so I'm coasting through them for PES money or whatever. Some stone cold facts:

- Marcelo Salas is class. Latches on to Bruno Fernandes' through balls like they are telepathically linked.
    - Gazza is also class. It's 'thin' Gazza which is to say 1990-1992. Before his leg snapped and he succumbed to pies.
    - Karl-Heinz Rumminegge is shite. Seems to stop any attack we have dead, although tactics play a part in that.

My intention is to put no money down for this and it should be possible given how the game hands out free cards. Login bonuses are on a 10 day cycle and whenever you come back to the Day 1 reward, it's 500 PES coins. That's the paid shit they use for some Special Agent stuff. 5 free players. What I really need is to land Klopp or someone as a manager so I can play how I do in Master League. I've got way too much space between my striker and the rest of the front line.

EDIT: Okay, there is an auction house. You don't list players, though. You list scouts which then determine your odds for the pull. I might stick with this fake manager now because I've just beat Barcelona on Superstar difficulty. If I'm going to devote most of my time in CPU matches I don't need to chase Kloppball so much.
    Last edited by Shindig; 02-01-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good start to the day.

Surprisingly the guy was really good at locking down Bebou and Telles (not that hard to lock down Telles tbh) as he didn't have very good fullbacks in Telles who isn't fast enough to keep up with Bebou and Cancelo. Fortunately he was shit at defending down the middle despite having the meta VVD and Gomez.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I've decided that I will not be going for Vidic in swaps.

I'll still be taking the Ultimate packs and I'll be using the rest on the base icon pack. The only CB that I have that Vidic is better than is Mukiele who I really like there, taking him out would mean I'd have to shift my current team or have a second player (Zakaria is the one right now) start off chem. So for me the chance to get a big boy would help me so much more.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the golden goal objectives thing, I think a lot of people have confused having fun with getting objectives done quickly. The two are very different things and even though I did gg, going into games and scoring once and then winning or quitting, wasn't fun.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How?

Thankfully I won 3-2 although I also missed two sitters either side of my third goal which made me think I was going to lose.

4 wins in a row, I love Saturday Champs, has seen me go to 5-3.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just won a 6th game in a row. I was 2-0 up but he managed to claw it back and was 3-2 up. I then made it 3-3 and it went to extra time.

He scored and with 10 minutes left I was down but managed to get two late to win it.

Went ultra attacking brought on Inaki Williams and scored 2 goals late.

Need some time after that.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 SB tokens in 12 games yesterday.

Think I will move onto one league next. Apparently its glitched where Prem goals count for the La Liga one so I need to test that real quick.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    5 SB tokens in 12 games yesterday.

Think I will move onto one league next. Apparently its glitched where Prem goals count for the La Liga one so I need to test that real quick.
    Yep. Still glitched. Will save 4 games.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic EA.

Shame it will be fixed by the time I'm on those games.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are playing golden goal. Might be worth doing the 4 games quickly before they fix it

Since you have to play 6 with La Liga anyway.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 86+ SBC and got Sergio Ramos. Meh

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent pull. Shocked he is worth less than the pack!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the heads up on that glitch Danny, just rattled through the EPL token as a result.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Saving 4 games is worth just grinding it now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done the same.

I'm thinking of getting the 85+ x 5 pack opened as soon as I get the tokens. There's only 2 of those current Headliners that wouldn't be possible from it and unless my luck is absolutely vile and I get literally 5 85's, then there's plenty to throw at an SBC.

EDIT: I also need to get a good 3-5-2 on the go. I've switched to it manually a few times and it works well for me, I just seem to get the CAM drifting over to the LM spot for some reason.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went 5-1 down in a WL game but clawed it back to 5-3. He then made it 6-3 so I went to my ultra attacking formation.

Pulled it back to 6-6 and sent it to extra time. Was a little cagey there but unfortunately we let one in on the 116th minute to lose the game.

I also missed a sitter with the very last kick of the game which would have sent it to extra time.

Followed it up with a 7-5 win where I just couldn't defend a lead. I made it 3-0 and he pulled it back to 3-2 after I switched to my ultra defensive formation. From there I switched back to my defensive tactic and we were just trading goals pretty much.

8-5 right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ending the day at 9-6 after just scraping past some dickhead skiller 6-4 after being down 2-0 to start the game.

I think the plan for next week is to do those Van Bergen objectives and I'll bring him on for Telles or Allan. Right now Telles at LM in my 3-5-2 is by far the weakest link.

Ultimately I'll be hoping that Bruno is in the TOTY and I can pack him. This would allow Telles to slot in at CDM and Bruno from LM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also find myself 9-6. Matchmaking just got disabled too. I was annoyingly at 9-3 at one point.

3-5-2 does seem to suit me much better, but some of the players are square pegs in round holes. I'm still sick and tired of camping out on the edge of their area watching defenders auto block for ages, while they hold a CDM, only to have them through on goal in 2 passes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WL extension please.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PES is shit again. 3 points clear of the Bundlesliga, Bayern travel to Feyenoord for the World Cup Cup and Al Hilal. This team of Swansea and Sunderland rejects provide a complete wall, coupled with our full strength side underfiring. I've restarted the match and got the same the result.

Rigged. I don't care what you say to investors, Konami: A World Club Cup semi-final is not an occasion worthy of nerves.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a player in FUT ever reached a 99 outside of his TOTY/S card?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can tell only Messi has. He had a 99 CL TOTT card in '19. Ronaldo has got a 98 a few times but never a 99 that wasn't a TOTY/S.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I could see Bruno Fernandes doing it this year if Man Utd have a decent run in the Europa.

The addition of those three league SBC's has been brilliant for grinding. Smashing the bronze packs big time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 89+ Icon pack and got Henry. Bit dubious about a couple of his stats but will give him a fair crack. Would have much preferred either a RW or a central card as that's what I'm lacking more of. Still, worth a dice roll.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went from 9-6 to 12-6 and felt like things are definitely looking up. I swapped Bruno to try Jota TOTGS card as Bruno was playing RM anyway. Next match in the guy had Mbappe and Eto'o up front, Zidane and Kante in midfield with Cannovarro and Varane in defence along side the highest version of Alphonso Davies.

12-6 quickly became 12-7. I put up a decent fight, but he was a very good dribbler and that leads to me guessing in the box. Sometimes I got it wrong and those guys just dont miss.

I should hopefully grab the last 2 wins later on.

The 2 Americans are doing reasonably well too. Long, whilst still not the best is a definite upgrade on Ake and Lima has been filling in pretty well at CDM. Mane moving up top with Felix as a CAM has been a breath of fresh air.

I'm thinking of getting on with the swaps tonight instead as people seem to be playing golden goal. I was mistaken into thinking there were only 9 available when there are in fact 10. This may change things.

I could go for the base/mid Icon pack now. I could also go base Icon and 2 ultimate packs. Hagi is also a possibility too, though I'm still unsure on him.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to get up to 10 of them (need the two one nation ones) and I will then save the packs for TOTY.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headliners Milinkovic-Savic SBC out, needs an 82 + IF and 85 + IF. 160-170k.

Also 81-87 upgrade packs as well as 82+ Guaranteed packs. There's one for Yev to grind at.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Can add to the 50 of those 82+ packs I have already.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11-8.

Which is the same record as the week before.

I was planning to go to 14 wins this week but I didn't have as much time as I thought I'd have this weekend and I really can't be arsed right now. Will probably do some of the SB icon swaps as I'm sitting on 0 points this week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ended on 17-10. New new tactic too. I'll go into detail on that in another post.

Things much improved this week. I had 2 games which bugged me. The first saw a guy disconnect while the score was 0-0 and I was through on goal, the next match in I ended up losing. The second match I was 3-0 up inside 40 mins and the power went out. Annoyingly he paused and stood still for ages after the 3rd goal so he might not have made it out of half time.

Shout outs go to these two:

Toggle Spoiler

They're both on more than that now but both have hit those milestones during this weekend and that is only playing Weekend League.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone doing SMS? I am going to keep any eye on it and see what else comes.

I did a few of those upgrades and got some decent cards that would certainly help but nothing crazy. He could slot into my team next to Tello replacing Gold Nainggolan but then again so could that Duncan at level 15.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very tempted, but mainly because he's a live item and I love that shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't decided.

He wouldn't get into my first team but he'd be a HUGE upgrade in my shitty Serie A side and he's a live item so could get better.

I'd probably have to spend to get him though.