The talk of Newcastle's takeover has got me thinking. Inevitably, you get paper chatter and pub (I guess it's zoom now) conversations about what they're going in for and who they should. So, if your club had rich benefactors with more money than sense, what XI would you bring in. What would you mould in your own image based on who's currently active?

For me, I want a team that has character. I don't want a bunch of Gallacticos and would rather try to gather some guys that have a hunger. I want flair which sometimes leads to nothing.

Goalkeeper: Keylor Navas
Probably the last goalkeeper that really impressed me on a big stage. Admittedly, that big stage was 6 years ago but he just looked so assured and the kind of guy that kept you in matches you have no right to be competing in.

Full Backs Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson
I like attacking full backs and these two need to come as a package deal. They've both got a good eye for a pass and have the pace to track back whenever they're caught out. At times, they hoof it about like quarter backs and I love that.

Centre Backs Fabien Schar, David Luiz
Yeah, defenders that do their job don't get noticed. Two lads like these that bomb forward are fun to watch. Schar seems the more disciplined but I just love how he creeps forward like Phillipe Albert used to do.

Defensive Mid Yaya Toure
Hey, I thought he'd retired but apparently he plays in China. He's probably not the marauding box-to-box beast he used to be but I'll happily take him.

Wingers Gareth Bale, Allan Saint-Maximim
It does appear Bale's at the top of the paper chatter when it comes to our Saudi Overlords splashing the cash. I love the guy and it's a shame his Madrid tenure's been so tempestuous. Definitely cleverer than Allan on the other flank. The Frenchman's got more pace than sense at times but that's what I liked about Sammy Ameobi. Run like hell and then have no idea what to do with his legs once the goal's in sight. Top stuff.

Attacking Mid Kevin de Bruyne
Y'know, I was trying to think of a goalscoring option but I honestly couldn't think of one I genuinely liked. I know Hazard fits the bill but I just don't get that excited by him. Kevin gets his head down and can create plenty. And he'll always look about 16 so he's not going to go rogue on you.

Strikers Son Heung-Min, Erling Haaland
Two unassuming lads with the world at their feet or whatever. I really, really like Son's willingness to run and take people on. The Champions League final for Spurs was a bit of a waste but Son was still running and trying to make things from nothing. Erling's in there for his interviews. I love how he hates them.

Alright, over to you.