User Tag List

Page 561 of 581 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571 ... LastLast
Results 28,001 to 28,050 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Supreme Leader of Western Australia has lost his mind further she is barely speaking Creole.

The Premier of WA and Aboriginal interpreters have teamed up to deliver an important message about COVID.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=250817940487626
    Last edited by Queenslander; 03-02-2022 at 11:15 PM.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSM trying to shut down this possible don on QT and not give him a breath to actually get his points out

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

The heirs of the Scottish Enlightenment.
    2022: Spend 300k chopping up fire doors to help with ventilation
    2023: Spend 30 million replacing now non compliant fire doors.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was wondering how that logic was going to work as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The law of 'common sense' beats HSE apparently.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Meanwhile, email sent to everyone at work:

[Mr. Director of Athletics],

Since you didn't reply to my email, I can only assume you really don't care about safety or policy at the [University's gym].

Since I last emailed you, I have abstained from going to the [University's gym] to work out (despite my desire to workout everyday) as I don't feel it is a safe environment since no one enforces or follows masking policy.

After seeing [President of the Uni]'s remark that the weight room was closed due to lack of masking compliance, I had hoped that perhaps you were taking your job more seriously. As a result, I went to the [University's gym] at 8am this morning hoping to avoid crowds and work out in relative safety.

As I entered, the women's lacrosse team occupied every treadmill and not a single player was masked. Not one. Their coach standing directly behind the treadmills was also unmasked. When I asked her why her players weren't masked, she replied: "Well, I can't see them. How would I know if they are wearing masks?" I was so mad that I left the [University's gym] without even starting my workout.

Am I incorrect, that the policy of the [University's gym] is that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, must be masked? Is the [University's gym] some sort of mask-free zone? Or do coaches and their players have some sort of special no-mask privilege? Or do you simply not have management skills to control the operations of your facility? Or perhaps you just don't care.

In my last email, I sent a list of suggestions. Let me add one more: an hour block (or two or three) in the [University's gym] for faculty and staff ONLY with heavy masking enforcement. No student and especially no athletes can walk through the [University's gym].

I just want to workout. When can I do so safely?

Dr. xxx
    Professor of Film/Media Studies
    The saga continues.

After few days after that message was sent to everyone, we got the following email:

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to the initiative of [xxx] and the responsiveness of [xxx], director of athletics & recreation, the [gym] has set aside "Vulnerable Population" hours: Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 9:45 AM.

[...]

Please share this good news with staff colleagues and retirees.
    I, personally, was very happy for the vulnerable crowd, of course, but unfortunately, the same person sent this today:

My dear colleagues,

I'm afraid I spoke too soon.

Three days after instituting the [gym] vulnerable population hours, the gym staff apparently was told by "someone on the hill" that they are no longer supposed to enforce the policy by telling healthy students to leave during the _one_ hour of the day dedicated to at-risk people.

Essentially, the convenience of students is being prioritized over the health and safety of the people who make [the university] work:
    staff, faculty, and retirees.

We're talking about people who need to exercise to stay healthy but also could _die_ if exposed to covid.

Are we willing to sacrifice these people who form part of the [university] "family" just so a student doesn't have to be bothered to find some other time in the day to work out?

I'm not. I'm going to do what I was doing before: tell every single student who is not covering their mouth and nose to mask up. I'm also going to tell them they don't belong there because vulnerable hours are for those like me who are actually vulnerable. I'm going to list the litany of conditions that make someone vulnerable. Basically, I'm going to make that hour really inconvenient for those students so that my colleagues can exercise in peace, without fearing for their lives.

And I plan to list this university service on my next merit review.

Sincerely,
    [xxx]
    she/her/hers/ella
    Professor of English

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Pepe, but what about ME?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandemic officially over from Feb 17th.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60319947

Oh fuck me, the seethe is going to be delicious.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the initial shambles the government presided over they've pretty much nailed this since.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the film comes out people are gonna kick off at the ending.

Fade to black followed by text on screen:
    People just stopped caring, and pretended nothing ever happened.
    Boris won the next two elections and died of heart failure in 2029.
    Sue Gray’s whereabouts was never discovered.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot my mask at the shop today and got some right dirty looks from the old people. Listen, Mavis, death comes to us all, and your time is now, or soon. Deal with it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mask uptake is below 10% around here.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were lolling that we still have the vintage 2020 hand washing signs up at work, and it got me thinking about what it would have been like had the government drilled into people that it actually spreads THROUGH THE AIR THAT YOU BREATHE. I think the country might well have gone off its head during that early period.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still pretty common place up here unfortunately. Mask wearing has become an indicator of being a good person. Broken society. Get me out of here.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were lolling that we still have the vintage 2020 hand washing signs up at work, and it got me thinking about what it would have been like had the government drilled into people that it actually spreads THROUGH THE AIR THAT YOU BREATHE. I think the country might well have gone off its head during that early period.
    We have one in the toilet that talks about washing your hands if you've come back from Hubei province in the last 7 days. I should take it down and nick it for future antique value.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still getting pummelled with adverts with people breathing black death smoke and being told to open windows otherwise we'll die immediately.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that the SNP are now denying they ever said that all of the doors in schools ought to be sawn off at the knees.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We have one in the toilet that talks about washing your hands if you've come back from Hubei province in the last 7 days. I should take it down and nick it for future antique value.
    I have one of the distancing signs in the bathroom as a souvenir.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still get my kicks from wearing them. Usually the ones who don't are a bit scummy but it's about 40% still wearing them round these parts. Will probably pack them away in line with the legislation being scrapped.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A BARISTA asked me to wear a mask whilst getting a coffee and I said I didn't have one. He said 'let me try and find you one' and what ensued was the most awkward rummaging I've ever seen. He didn't find one, but it would have been awesome if he had.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10% at most where I am. Interestingly the 10% seems to be mostly made up of the self-righteous people in their 20's and 30's who shoot dirty looks at all around them, and the fossils that might get offed by COVID gave up caring along with the rest of us ages ago.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    A BARISTA asked me to wear a mask whilst getting a coffee and I said I didn't have one. He said 'let me try and find you one' and what ensued was the most awkward rummaging I've ever seen. He didn't find one, but it would have been awesome if he had.
    Bro were you gonna, like, say NO or something? That would've been insane XD

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks are pretty much worn across the board here where we’re supposed to.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Deepti fighting the good fight still. She’s predictably seething again.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say public transport will be the last holdout, but we're still masking up in the office.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say air travel will the the last thing to fully normalise, but then I see even Australia are letting [most] people in soon. New Zealand obviously a completely lost cause.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks still common in the supermarket, but the gym is back to near normality.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still mask militant with no immediate end in sight. Entry into places are generally governed by 2g+ i.e. either booster or negative test that day.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should stay forever anyway.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    We're still mask militant with no immediate end in sight. Entry into places are generally governed by 2g+ i.e. either booster or negative test that day.
    Their positivity rate is 40% which blows my mind. I thought the Germans were shit hot on testing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I would say air travel will the the last thing to fully normalise, but then I see even Australia are letting [most] people in soon. New Zealand obviously a completely lost cause.
    Air travel hasn't normalised from 2001 yet, so it'll be masks forever.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went in Pets at Home earlier and all staff were masked but no customers were

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Bro were you gonna, like, say NO or something? That would've been insane XD
    Erm...correct.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QR sign in has been scrapped in Queensland bar Pubs and other big Hospo places. Masks are still close to 100% on buses, supermarkets, chemists, Medical centres and of course there are still many people wearing masks while walking alone on the footpath while the temp is 35*/ surface temp is usually around 60*.

Absolute psycho virtue signalling.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Neice has tested positive. She's the daughter of my Sister in Law. The one that makes her husband undress in the porch and go straight to the shower when he gets home from work.

It's really the best thing that could have happened for them. Hopefully it's a complete non-event for them like it is for most people and sanity can finally be restored to the household.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks are fine, a minor inconvenience at most, why wouldn't you WANT to wear one?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    My Neice has tested positive. She's the daughter of my Sister in Law. The one that makes her husband undress in the porch and go straight to the shower when he gets home from work.
    What, still? I'd have left her.

There was a good poll yesterday showing 48% of the population want mandatory (i.e. legally enforced) covid self-isolation FOREVER, with only 17% wanting it removed now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a Year 3 quasi-autistic [maybe he's full autistic, I don't know] kid having to be talked into school today by his mum due to his covid fears. He was masked up. Presumably this is on the back of the announcement to bin all restrictions from next week.

This whole business will definitely have a lasting effect. For most it'll just be not having had a proper education for a few years. Those on the behavioural fringes will probably have more problems. That said, a lot of that 'masks ruin the ability to speak' stuff sounds a bit like sensationalist nonsense being rolled out to satisfy a different agenda.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, a lot of that 'masks ruin the ability to speak' stuff sounds a bit like sensationalist nonsense being rolled out to satisfy a different agenda.
    It does indeed and really all that needs to be said is "we don't need them anymore".

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks are redundant now. I popped to the supermarket last week and the split was 50/50. We either all wear them or don't bother.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a good poll yesterday showing 48% of the population want mandatory (i.e. legally enforced) covid self-isolation FOREVER, with only 17% wanting it removed now.
    I'm assuming, but last I heard - which wasn't too long ago - he was still doing it. In her defence, she has had cancer which must add a layer of fear, even if she's not currently undergoing treatment. It's just that the fear has gone completely overboard. She essentially needed this to happen to snap her out of it. 3 weeks and back to normality hopefully.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's sad, but not surprising, we've been deliberately brainwashed (for good reasons pre-vaccines, for less good reasons post) and that doesn't just go away overnight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, a lot of that 'masks ruin the ability to speak' stuff sounds a bit like sensationalist nonsense being rolled out to satisfy a different agenda.
    It's absolute guff, unless your kid is growing up in a weird cult that calls for masks at all times. Otherwise, we're to believe that mummy wearing one in a shop a few times a week has caused speech impairment? Load of bollocks.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks ruin the ability to correctly perceive emotions. For children, it must be very confusing indeed and wouldn't surprise me if there was long term emotional implications for them. Horrifying.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that the YouGov one? Most people who do those polls are mental and non-representative and I don't believe YouGov's weightings are accurate one bit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoken like a true spastic, Magic.